New Death Guard

New Plague Marine model
Discuss

mfw

Dig the plague knife and the lack of my-guts-are-falling-out style. I prefer the battered and rusted plague marines over the guts and bloated plague marines.

A mix of the two would be ideal
Although stuff like , that's plastic wulven tier.

Plastic DG terminators? Please tell me it's true

What's so short about Toothy Smiles over there? A sinister grin for a servant of the jovial, ebullient plaguefather seems appropriate.

What's so shit, I mean. Despise me, I am phoneposting scum.

also mixing types of terminator armour confirmed

Yes, plastic DG termies are coming.

Shit looks good. Was going to split the new box with a friend who fancies starting Death Guard, but now I'm tempted to keep it all.

The smile isn't bad, just that the face is just nothing. Just a flab with a line through it.
Papa nurgle and his louts are described as jovial, so it fits.
But it doesn't scream "diseased death guard", and seems ill-fitting for such a disease-riddled body.

My dick is daimonds. So the Mortarion model is real aswell.
Things are only getting better.

Not bad, but perhaps looks too dynamic
I think plague marines should look more slow, heavy and purposeful, giving the "it is a fucking pain to move" feel

Has anyone leaked a pic of Mortarion yet?

>smile

All of my fucking yes
That looks terrifying

Creepy smile is great, but are the DG really still in the classic proportions?! Cause truescale Marines just declassify the classic scale to my eye. Makes them seem very toy-y now that there's an active on table reference. Pic related, it's like bringing their kids to work day.

Am waiting to see direct ultras vs DG pics.

Don't know why pic didn't upload.

They're custodes size

why does GW keep using that shitty smoke effect? it looks like shit

Why are bells a characteristically Nurgle thing?

They even have the sigmarine kneepads

A busy piece of shit

these guys aren't gonna seem scary or frightening when they come up to numarines tits. WHY.

Represents a death toll

Good way to keep track of time and the tally

And it's a potential slow droning sound, plus the fat shape fits Nurgle bloated aesthetic

It makes more sense in fantasy where it's split between Nurgle and Pestilens, Bells are the generic musical symbol for Skaven, but as instruments tied to strings or chains they work when combined with flails which are bound in the same way, and the Flail is of course the iconic weapon of Pestilens

I tend to agree. Ever since reading old warhammer fantasy darkblade and it's swole skinless nurgle champion I've been down on the bloated left4dead vibe the death guard have been rocking.

It speaks of a creative deficit within GW that its taken this long for the mold to break

Emps the writefag emps? What are you doing here?

its Veeky Forums this is where I am. I'm always on Veeky Forums always watching. And lambasting GW's spacemarine creep

Lepers historically carried bells to warn of their presence and to call for charity.

They do. And BMW cars all have kidney grilles. It's a style trademark.

Not bothered by it, looks better on the marines than the sigmar guys anyway.

Not happy with it then? I actually don't mind. I didn't think they would do it, but it doesn't look like a complete fuck up to me. How's it coming with the book? You get that shit with your editor(?) straightened out?

So death guard get the troll face guy. Will world eaters get the ffffuuuuuu guy? Maybe slaanesh marines will have the me gusta face. :)

Hahaha, epic my dude. Have an upvote!

EDIT: Omg, tnx for the gold!!!

What, the tzeench boys don't get no good faces?

Obviously the "Just as planned" meme

But his face is hidden under metal plate. The plate itself maybe could do with some ornamentation, but that could be painted.

I just hate marine wank. It makes space amrines look weak and useless rather than what they want.

Its like George Lucas trying to write something emotional and impacting. he THINKS he did it, but really, he did not

Could you elaborate, if it's not too much trouble? I get complaining about them besting off on a page, but I've never heard the claim that doing so makes them appear weak. I'd like to hear your thought process.

when you show someone that they are great and strong and might and aweomse! ALL THE TIME, and thats all the perspective you are allowed to see, it doesn't make them look strong. It makes them baseline, because thats the average you have set.

So from there on when you see marines die often (and you do, you see marine die off absurdly high) you don't think "my what a loss" you think nameless peon 486 just died. You start to invalidate their loss and sacrifice. Because their perspective and focus is so center that's how it ends up feeling like.

Its like stormtroopers. They are told they are great and awesome and super elite, but yet you ONLY ever see them lose. You ONLY ever see them miss. It doesn't make stormtroopers look scary, it makes them look incompetent.

Thats whats space marines are becoming. By the crunch there are trillions upon trillions of expendable space marines and are the mostexpendable force ever. Because intheir fluff they aren't supposed to die. But companies and chapters get schwacked all the time in novels and games/media.

Inversely Guardsmen last longer in books. Characters stay longer and they look more elite and strong for it. Because you see the adversity of what they face and how they overcome it because there usualy a build up of challenge instead of LAWL SPACE MARINES PUNCH DEMONS IN THE DICK AND THEN DIE HAR HAR.

See, this is interesting for the same reason the custodes releases were interesting.

If Primaris are mean't to phase out old marines into truescale, then it would make sense for Custodes (which were likely designed and released when employees would know about the primaris) would be much larger. And now these Plague Marines, which are coming out AFTER Primaris, are still the normal marine scale.

It makes me think if Primaris aren't actually going to phase out oldmarines. But then that in no way fits with GW's usual predatory business models. What's going to happen with these primaris marines?

SNAP FIT
N
A
P

F
I
T

I actually really like it. I like the idea of Plague marines having bells like it's some funeral dirge. 'Bell tolls for thee' and all that

New death guard are cool. I'm happy for all the Nurgle fans out there.

But noise marines when?

What a day! What a lovely day!

Fuck you it looks great. about time they used it more often, AoS typically gets all the smoke and spirit/magic energy. smoke leaking from their backs is a good look for nurgle just like the artwork

Cut that shit off if it makes you so asspained

>now these Plague Marines, which are coming out AFTER Primaris, are still the normal marine scale.
The guy who painted them said on dakka they ARE custodes sized.

Can someone fill me in on how all the new marines scale. Are the new Death Guard Primaris hueg? What about the new Rubric Marines? Are they tiny compared to their Nurglite equivalents?

Because piles of dust can't have faces.

>crying emoji

If the DG are BIG I might covert them to 30k Gal Vorbak.

>Bells
>Big Smile

Finally! These will be a worthy addition to my "Chaos Circus" Nurgle army.

>super excited for these
>Find out they are snap fit

What the fuck man. Why?

Starter box models.

They'll probably put out a 'normal' box of them a month or so after anyway.

Oh right yeah. Oh well just cut the snap fit shit off and job done.

>8e starter box will ditch snap-fits and do the BaC/BoP thing of putting regular kits into one box and then later releasing them as their own kits

How hard would you be if that was the case?

It specifically states the new death guard are snap fit models.

>Why?
Because they're from the 8e starter set box?

Like a Carnival? Perhaps a carnival of Chaos?

like 3 months ago we got this

I'm trying to figure out if I can twist this love of bells into something for Noise marines

Is that supposed to be some sort of smoke effect out of the top of his pack? It looks fucking terrible.

i want you to replace every instance of Primaris in what you wrote with Centurion, then again with Terminator

see how that always works now

it's just a new squad

for the best selling range

except that the Primaris are Custodes sized too, except for their pauldrons

these things are bloaty but they're not that big, if that's a 40mm base they're significantly smaller than Primaris

Primaris also have necks, which makes them look taller

this guy's got less neck than Ferrus Manus

The Primadonas also have high heels which I find quite funny, that aside if you scale it as a 32mm base I'd say the plagues are about half a head shorter, same as rubrics..

>it's another dude on top of swirly things
god damn it. and there is no way those tiny wings will keep him up unless warp stuff is super light

If they sculpted wings that could realistically carry Morty's armor-plated 1000t Nurglite ass they'd span the length of the fucking table before collapsing under their own weight anyways.

Thank your Dark Gods for warp magic. It makes things so much easier.

Got a link to that thread?

Jesus, you can barely see it.