Exalted General - /exg/

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world where pants are optional.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Arms of the Chosen Previews
dropbox.com/s/15xddoahzedtkwu/Arms of the Chosen Preview.docx?dl=0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuam9lbVJBWFhJM2s/view

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Question of the thread: What's your defining intimacy? Is it a principle or a tie?

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19764287
jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Ripple
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Question of the thread: What's your defining intimacy? Is it a principle or a tie?
Erembour (filial resentment mixed with desire to impress)

That sounds like an intimacy with an interesting story behind it.

Erembour (desire to impregnate)

Reminds me in my game when a player wanted to get rid of the sterile flaw to have and heir.

The fey got rid of that for him, in fact any woman he lies with will become pregnant with certainty, but he's also cursed so that if he goes a week without sex his balls will explode like too much air in a balloon.

-Defining principle: "GULAKI ENGINEERING IS THE BEST IN AUTOCHTONIA!!!"*

*eventually changed to BEST IN CREATION

>That sounds like an intimacy with an interesting story behind it.
My character is an Infernal so he gets to see mommy Erembour every once in a while in dream visions, which sometimes are just an excuse to drop by and chek up on him. And he just recently found out his dad is a Sidereal who went roning a while after he was conceived.

Needless to say, the eventual family reunion is going to be awkward.

2.5e Errata -
When using a Martial Arts style which allows the use of Archery, Melee, or Thrown weapons by inclusion in the style's list of form-type weaponry, the character's attacks are capped by their rating in the associated Ability until the character has mastered the style’s Form-type Charm. For example, a character using Righteous Devil Style would base his Martial Arts attacks with firewands on his Archery score until learning Righteous Devil Form. This cap applies even if the style has no explicit additional Ability minimums. This condition does not apply to the first Martial Arts style the character wishes to learn; only subsequent styles are affected.

speaking of martial arts...was there some rule that make it more difficult to learn another before training the first fully in 2e or am I remembering someone's houserule? iirc there was some training time shenanigans in learning more than one style at once?

solution is to be a buttsex slut

welcom to magikal relm heuheuheu

;)

>fae
>FAE
>he dealt with a fucking fae over something that probably could've been fixed in 3 seconds by anyone with decent Med Charms

He's lucky he didn't have his dick turned into a flower that jizzes needles that impregnate guys.

>What's your defining intimacy? Is it a principle or a tie?
Personal freedom above all.

>Question of the thread: What's your defining intimacy? Is it a principle or a tie?

To be the strongest.

>YWN delicately lick a girls 2-dozen-egg-carton abs.

Why live?

Since someone asked last thread and I assumed they were talking about 3e here is the anwser about MA

Nope, if you have the dots in a relevant martial art and the proper form weapon you use the martial arts dots and dex or whatever if yo are using houserules to determine attack pools.

So for your example if I have dex 4 and Wood dragon 3 then if I wanna use a bow I will have a pool of 7, I can also either use Archery+ Dex or Martial Arts+Dex. Depending on which one I use however changes your usable charms because martial arts charms can't be combined with other normal combat charms

Principal: Defend the mortals of creation (BE A HERO)

That was only for DBs. If they've started learning a CMA and stop to start learning a TMA they add 1xp to the cost of learning every other charm in the CMA they've yet to learn. If a DB wants to learn a CMA, they really need to commit to it.

Do you know the name of the artist that made the pic? I'm asking for... scientific research purposes.

thanks

saucenao
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=19764287

What's the latest news?
Latest I've heard was the those two chumps (Holden and Morke I think?) in leadership getting thrown out and replaced by other people

That news is so old its engraved in stone tablets.

That's why I'm asking

well, there's an ask the devs thread where the new devs are actively answering questions, there's always new responses.

>ask devs thread
>devs answering questions

You mean the guys that wrote the Ink Monkeys material, arguably the best stuff in Exalted? Overdrive charms, Solar Hero expansions, the history of the Daystar, Magnanimous Unbound sun? Holden also helped write the Alchemicals book, so well done it barely needed changes in 2.5. Getting rid of them was a mistake.

>learning wood dragon doesn't let me take normal bow shots with martial arts right? because that seems silly
Why does it? Not like it's broken, they can't use Archery charms on such attacks anyway.

I know it's weird, but these are the times we live in.

If you're already carrying an attuned weapon but it's out of form, but you're using solar hero...would you change accuracy to -3 and have it count it as 'improvised'?
seems to me the spirit of the thing is that you'd pick it up during the fight

I'd go farther and say improvised doesn't count anything that was actually made as a weapon anyway, so I'd say no even if it was unattuned and he snatched it during the fight.

don't remind me of the cruel transgression
daystar a shit tho

>>Edit
>Arms of the Chosen

Does that mean it will soon released?

Late June probably. None of the art is done and I imagine each weapon and armor is going to be drawn. While simple tasks there will be a lot of them so it will take some time.

Hopefully there aren't any delays beyond that in the art direction process. Like more fucking tracers.

So apparently, Golden Janissary Style and Mantis Style are going to be in the DB book next to the Dragon Styles. Any thoughts?

Am slightly annoyed that there won't be a Five-Dragon Style, but I get the reasons for excluding it from 3e.

what were they?

Five-Dragon Style didn't really have much theme or flavor to it. Granted, though, I personally would have just rewrote it, and probably will on my own time someday.

Wouldn't it just be an entirely ne Martial Art with the same name then? Is there something specific about the Five-Dragon Style you feel worth salvaging?

>Wouldn't it just be an entirely ne Martial Art with the same name then?

Essentially, though I'd probably also try to preserve the Charm names.

My group is discussing reforming the Deliberative after a war with the Realm, what does /exg/ think of the first draft for the basics of the government?

Part 1
The Deliberative
The word 'Solar' is removed from the name of the government, as Solars no longer dominate. Members of the government will be accountable for their own actions. Any member (meaning all Celestial-level exalts and the thousand elected Terrestrials) who willfully and knowingly takes the life of even a single citizen will be stripped of all authority and rights in the Deliberative, holding no higher status than a mortal. Extenuating circumstances, such as accidents or self-defense, will be considered at trial. Anyone classified as a criminal loses all rights as a citizen and enjoys none of the protections of the Deliberative. The purpose of the government is to preserve and protect the freedoms of the people, not control their lives and destinies.

The Celestial Council
Solars, Lunars and Sidereals all have equal voice and equal votes. Each session, three rotating chairmen from each branch preside over the discussion. One Lunar, one Solar, and one Sidereal. Rotation will be according to age, eldest exalts of each type hold office first, then the next eldest in the following session, ending with the three youngest before starting over again. This is to give the younger exalts more time to gain experience governing before they are called on to serve as chairmen. An exception is made in special circumstances when the youngest exalt was chosen less than 5 years previously, in that situation the next eldest Exalt acts as an adviser to the younger for that session of the Deliberative.

Part 2
Sessions will last as long as they are needed, and convened when needed. Exalts will be required to set aside other goals and projects until the session concludes, unless their presence elsewhere is critical. If this Exalt was to serve as a chairman, the previous chairman of their type shall serve a second term.

Abyssals and Infernals who legitimately reform/invert back to Solars will serve the Deliberative for three times as long as they served the Yozi/Neverborn, with full citizen's rights, but until their probation period is over will have no seat in the Deliberative.

The Celestial Council will have control of all magical material resources and allocate all use. The Council presides over all matters that involve demons of the Second Circle or higher, Yozis, the Underworld, the Wyld, Yu Shan, Incarnae, Behemoths, Greater Elemental Dragons and any events concerning a Direction or that affects the lives of ten thousand or more people. The Council may also intervene if and when the Thousand Dragons request it.

The Celestial Council will include several small committees who convene and deliberate as needed. There will be committees for magical material allocation, creation of new manses and modification of geomancy, the creation of new species, foreign relations (including Freeholds, the Dual Monarchy, the Mountain Folk and the Lintha), matters of sorcery, and relations with the Bureaus of Yu Shan. New committees will be formed as needed.

Part 3
The Thousand Dragon Council
Terrestrials will have their own council of one thousand representatives, each elected and speaking on the behalf of a portion of the full Dragon-Blooded Host. This council will in turn send ten of their number to each session of the Deliberative, and each will have an equal vote, but they may not serve as chairmen. The Thousand Dragon Council will be the voice of the people in the government, all Terrestrials will be required to bring any complaints or requests they hear from the people to the attention of their representative, who in turn brings it to the Council. The Council may settle the matter themselves if it is within their power, or they may choose to bring it up at the next Deliberative session if time and necessity require it. Unless requested otherwise, members of the Celestial Council may not sit in on the Thousand Dragons.

Lost Eggs will be welcomed into the Terrestrial community, and immediately have the right to vote and be voted for Council membership.

The Thousand Dragons are considered to be in session at all times, and meet as needed depending on the issue at hand, in addition to mandatory weekly assemblies.

The Thousand Dragons preside over all matters that involve First Circle demons, ghosts in Creation, and any event that affects less than ten thousand people, or a single city not on the Isle.

Final part
Fate Manipulation
Specifically, the powers of the Sidereal Exalted. No charms, astrologies or sorcery that manipulates the fate of others is permitted for use on or against citizens without the permission of the Celestial Council. Fate powers that affect only the user can be used freely. The Loom of Fate may only be used with the unanimous vote of the Celestial Council. Violation results in immediate loss of citizenship.

Do you already have the support of a good chunk o the Celestila Exalted? If you don't, getting them to join this system might be hard. There are plenty of restrictions, and even the more benevolent Exalted, being the products of their time an environment, might see checks and balances as hindrances more than anything else.

Right now, we have five circles allied with us and good relations with others. The selling point will be that this is a system the Terrestrials are more likely to accept, less power in the hands of Solars and a much greater say for themselves than they expected. One of the reason they rebelled the first time was feeling obsolete, having real power in the government can prevent that from happening. Plus, having ten members with a place in a council of a few dozen, it ensures their voice will mean something.

playing a mortals game, what are some cool ideas for essence tokens from a demense of undetermined aspect?

But who controls the purse, user? Forget MMs, that's where the REAL power in any government lies.

What about the rampant corruption?

>Any member (meaning all Celestial-level exalts and the thousand elected Terrestrials) who willfully and knowingly takes the life of even a single citizen will be stripped of all authority and rights in the Deliberative, holding no higher status than a mortal.

Easily abusable. Who will decide you need to be stripped of your status? When will they decide it? If I fate kung fu you into killing somebody, you are thoroughly fucked.

>Anyone classified as a criminal loses all rights as a citizen and enjoys none of the protections of the Deliberative.

'If you're a criminal you can be killed, enslaved, and eaten.' Enjoy your dystopian society.

>The Celestial Council

Baring special circumstances, the eldests will never change. That means 2/3 of your chairmen will always be the same, and age is a terrible descriptor of value. What if your eldest solar is a political dick that is all but partial?

Just elect your chairmen every 5 years or so, or something.

>Sessions will last as long as they are needed, and convened when needed.

Stupid. Who choose when they are needed? What for? What if there is urgency somewhere, but a large faction block the proceeding because they don't want to talk about it?

Exceptional sessions should be a thing, but there's a reason regular sessions are one too.

>Abyssals and Infernals who legitimately reform/invert back to Solars will serve the Deliberative for three times as long as they served the Yozi/Neverborn, with full citizen's rights, but until their probation period is over will have no seat in the Deliberative.

Time is a terrible way to gauge if an Abyssal or Infernal has reformed. What if that dickish Abyssal served one day his neverborn master before infiltrating the deliberative? Three days of rehab? Seriously?

cont'

How does the Council governs, exactly? Does it pass laws? How does it pass laws? How does it enforce it? What happens if the Council isn't unanimous, as it won't do to? What happens if a large faction says 'fuck it'? Do you have a police? Sanctions? Enforceable sanctions? By whom?

What happens if something really urgent happens, like a 3CD killing countries, and the deliberative needs to take action NOW. What happens if there is a bitchfest during the procedures? Does Creation die while the Deliberative deliberate?

3/10 they tried. Thoroughly impracticable as any form of government.

If you want something that actually works, and don't want to read boring Constitutions of countries like France or the U.S or Great Britain (not that they are boring at all and you should read them anyway), read the original MSY charter of To The Stars: fanfiction.net/s/7406866/22/To-the-Stars

It just werks. It has everything, from enforcement, to edicts, sanctions, fund management, and exceptions.

The deliberative is a governing body, so it is obviously different, but for an organization of magically inclined people working together, it could certainly be worst.

That would be one of the committees.

>easily abuseable
That's that trials are for, it's not instant and arbitrary.

>killed and eaten
They're at no more risk than people outside the Deliberative's borders. Also, maybe don;t commit crimes.

>Council
Wrong, the idea is the chairmen are on a rotating schedule. The eldest Solar can only serve a Chairman in one session out of 150, 300 if they turn all the Abyssal and Infernals.

>who chooses when they are needed
When something happens that the Council a a whole has to discuss, a session of the Deliberative is held.

>Time
Is not how they are judged, they must be determined to be reformed before their service begins. If said theoretical Abyssal can overcome the scrutiny of a hundred of Solars, Lunars and Sidereals trying to see if he's really defecting, the Deliberative was doomed to fail regardless.

The same way any government does. Laws are discussed and voted on. Unanimous vote is only needed for the Loom itself, not everything they discuss. The rest is decided by the appropriate committee, a group chosen to oversee that aspect of society as needed, yet still subject to scrutiny by the Council if something goes wrong.

If something happens that needs to be handled immediately, like a 3CD, then Exalts in the area will handle it themselves. The Council would only need to be involved if someone wants to summon or bind one, not just keep it from hurting people. "Bitchfests" would be handled by the chairmen, it's their job to moderate the Council.

Some valid questions, but I feel you missed some parts.

I personally think every exalt should get to have a voice in the council, but then again I am a sucker for organizing the new Realm along the Perfect Circle. You know, cut the threshold into sixty pieces, give each perfect circle, Solars with Lunar mates, sworn dragonbloods and a sidereal advisor as a liaison to the bureau of destiny, which, in itself should concentrate more on giving bored exalts jobs aside from micromanaging every single aspect of their freakin empires.
Also give dragonblooded votes in the Celestial council as families. They are already in a dynastic arrangement and internal power struggles would it make more difficult for families to focus on destroying the realm. Again.
that way most exalts would hopefully do what they are best at without inciting too much curse troubble. Solars wouldn't be able to make big decisions without the whole deliberative agreeing and can focus on forging new lands from the wyld, Sidereals would stop planning and act as caretakers of the metaphysical integrity of creation, thereby watching Solars closely, Lunars would act as Stewards of the lands of the Solars, especially the borders, and dragonbloods would do what they always do: administrative work and footsoldiers. At best you'd integrate Alchemicals as additional liaison for mortals and dragonbloods to the other celestials. The way they function would set a certain sense of a goal to work for in life, earning the right to become a celestial in the next.

I like your take on Fate Manipulation

So currently I'm playing a game of Exalted 2.0, with Errata being selectively used by the ST, Mortal Heroes game and I wanted to create a Terrastrial Martial Arts based on Hamon which my ST approved of if I could manage it (jojo.wikia.com/wiki/Ripple for reference). I was thinking a Martial Art that mostly did Stamina + Integrity rolls (To represent breath control and discipline during combat) as well as Willpower costs over Essence. A focus not on Creatures of Darkness but Creatures of Death.

Could you guys help me or am I barking up the wrong tree?

>The same way any government does.
There is no one way every government goes about these things, though. Enforcement of laws and ecrees, in particular, requires elaboration. What, exactly, are the various committees authorized to do? Are you really going to disenfranchise each and every criminal, no matter the crime?

Inspired by a really dumb (but funny) thread on another board as well as that one time someone shared the rather 'meh' Exalted Modern Age story of how their GM went full /pol/ and flat earther I got to thinking:

"How could one rationalize a round earth in a Modern Age Exalted game?"

As far as conspiracies go, this is actually a pretty funny one to use in a game of Modern Exalted. Sure, some would say it's goofy or silly but it would mesh rather well with the pre-existing setting as seen in the Shards of the Exalted Dream book. Now keep in mind this may mean re-imagining some of the geography of this hypothetical modern age Creation. While the Antarctica parallel are clear with the North, how would one make a conspiracy to avoid people going in any direction to check the Elemental Poles?

Jesus. I'm a liberal but compared to you I'm a conservative.

I'm not sure any of these wishful ideas would work. It is like socialism. It only scratched a surface of the problem (current system doesn't work. We gonna make it better) and thinks happy thoughts and care bears will take care of everything. Only when the problems occur do you realize you don't have the means, laws, terminology or process to fix the problems.

But hey, it's Exalted: let them try to implement their mess and see how it will implode on itself.

Celestial Exalted are powerful enough to be states in and of themselves, Terrestrials accepting it is only one of the problems. Celestial accepting it is another.

The entire reason the Solar deliberative was set up was because certain elder solars chafed under the rule of solar queen merela, which forced her to divest large portion of her powers.

Your system turns a monarchy into parliamentary sovereignty. But when the individuals within your system are powerful enough to reject it alone, it ain't gonna work.

Take the case of Tributaries in the first age. (Dreams of the First Age, Pg 20) Elder solars powerful enough can and have rejected the authority of the deliberative.

Defining Intimacy: Ragara Sei-Fong, Infamous Playwright (Disbelieving admiration)

He's basically Ed Wood and Uwe Boll rolled into one.

you never really reach them though. maybe the world is just really big and weird. the fairfolk aren't outsiders they're some kind of plague that's got humanity pushed back to a comparatively small area and the government is lying about how well that eternal war is going. we haven't pushed them back to the edges of the map and presented a strong enough front to prevent incursions for millennia, we're on our last legs and sticking our heads in the sand! wake up sheeple

so what stops people from checking? nothing, but you'll either turn back or be killed by fairfolk before you ever manage to circumnavigate the globe(technically true)

What color of Jade does the Imperial Treasury use for making coinage?

>The same way any government does. Laws are discussed and voted on. Unanimous vote is only needed for the Loom itself, not everything they discuss.

So what. 51% of the votes are needed to pass a normal law? 2/3? 3/4?

Every government does it vastly differently. It's like you have absolutely no idea of how a government actually works.

Also, how do you modify that Constitution? All Constitutions in the world have a clause about modifying it, because of course you'll need that sometime in the future, it's common sense.

>The rest is decided by the appropriate committee, a group chosen to oversee that aspect of society as needed

Who choose the committees, and how? What's the maximal size of a committee? What are the limits of committees?

>yet still subject to scrutiny by the Council if something goes wrong.

Alright, you're beginning to think correctly about the whole thing. See it as an exercise in cheating and counter-cheating. If there is the smallest way to abuse your system, it will be abused, again and again and again in the future.

>If something happens that needs to be handled immediately, like a 3CD, then Exalts in the area will handle it themselves.

So the Council confirms the jurisdiction of local Exalts in case of crisis? That's good to know. It really should have been in the draft, because, you know, it's really fucking important.

>"Bitchfests" would be handled by the chairmen, it's their job to moderate the Council.

What sanctions? By whom? How?

>When something happens that the Council a a whole has to discuss, a session of the Deliberative is held.

Who decide? Do you need a certain percentage of the deliberative to agree that something is worth discussing before a session is held? Do you need only 1 deliberative? What happens if that motherfucka decides to call a session every monday because he likes to piss everyone off?

Also, that disenfranchising criminal thing reads like 15 years old politics.

White. The Mountain Folk's tithe is the largest and most consistent.

Also what happens if someone doesn't show up to an extraordinary session? What happens if there's, like, 3 attendants for 700 deliberatives? Do they get to pass laws if two of those three agree that Creation should be destroyed?

Is attendance obligatory? And if yes, how do you enforce it? What sanctions? By whom?

Honestly, I could go on and on, but I hope you got it.

Your attempt to a Deliberative is both naive and absurdly cruel, as far as your treatment of criminals is concerned. Like the first attempt of a 13 years old to describe a political system (criminals are BAD and should be punished, and... hum... the guys they are together and they decide. Together. And stuff). Try again, and it will be my pleasure to tell you if you're on the right path.

And this, class, is why democracy doesn't work.

theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/

No. These are all examples of user not understanding the complexity of politics and society and trying to change current system with one that "wishful ideological thinking". We are all just trying to help him see he didn't think this through.

Interesting, I'm curious to know if the aura state has any inherent effects beyond keyword interactions

Hooooo boy. Interesting stuff.

You play Scion instead.

>Dragon-Blooded can autoerotically asphyxiate other people

ok

It might be easier to use that holy flame MA.

>Exalted Modern Age story of how their GM went full /pol/

I missed this. What happened?

Also a round planet in Exalted Modern I don't think would change things much aside from describing how the Wyld would work along with the elemental poles.

You laugh but there's probably a niche for this that House Cynis Air Aspect courtesans fill.

Here's my crack at it. How does it look? Thinking about tuning it down a little so the part about Creatures of Death is only Lethal instead of Agg.

I think the focus on harming creatures of death rather than creatures of darkness in general is a good enough tradeoff already.

Really? I personally feel access to agg, even conditional agg, as a TMA may have been going a bit too far.

Though, the thought of a Mortal Joestar in Creation striking a young Abyssal with Metal Silver Overdrive (Tetsubo) + Ripple Overdrive + Ripple Beat is great. Boost accuracy and raw damage by up to five, grants two extra attacks, while lowering DVs by up to 3, he is a Mortal, with a massive 10 B being converted into 10 Agg. That's 15 Agg Raw before Strength, let's assume only a strength of 2 which rounds out to 17 Agg before any successes.

Assuming the average DV for a Abyssal is 6-7, lowered to 3-4, and a dice pool of 4 Dex + 5 Martial Arts + 3 Specialty (Something like The Ripple?) you'll average at 6 Successes. Which results in 20(!) Agg before soak.

It probably be one of the few times a Solar-Equivalent Perfected through a singular, non-Mass, Mortal attack. Even with a perfect they're spending ~8 motes to your 3, not counting for the additional 2 committed to Metal Silver Overdrive because it's like having an artifact except way worse.

Just thought I was overstepping my boundries there with the easy access to, conditional, Agg.

>I missed this. What happened?
Basically, he ran mostly out-of-the-box Modern Exalted, as described in Shards except he told his players he was going for a round world. The 'genius' twist is basically that Creation was indeed flat and that monotheism and society is ran by the Yooz (or Yozite), which are basically the Infernals from the book except they're the jews with a different name and indulge in all this shit infernal shit (like eating babies and raping children while eating pizza) which, really, does exist in canon to be fair.

The really funny and fascinating thing that got out of this post was how little he changed from the Shards book. The elements were all already there, what with White Wolf/Onyx Path's hateboner for society and civilization, especially western one. All he did was make the Infernals not!Jews. And even THAT is barely an invention if one adds up the details from the book which parallel our world.

>Though Meruvia is religiously pluralistic, a majority identifies with the Immaculate Church, a monotheistic religion born of a Southern desert cult. Doctrine claims an omnipotent God shaped Creation from Chaos millennia ago, then redeemed humanity with the death and resurrection of the wisest of his seven sons—emerald-eyed Lucien, the Phoenix Angel, Prince of the House of Journeys.
I mean, come on. If we go with that Monotheism in Modern Exalted is basically worshiping Malfeas by proxy and it's history mirror Christianity (which has roots in Judaism)...then yeah, the not!jews were/are totally Yozi worshipers.

Oh and their ties to the Ebon Dragon and the fact their soldiers are the Dragon-Blooded connect to 'reptilian' conspiracies. Some people got offended by the post but I actually found it hilarious because someone had so easily twisted the writing of oh-so-progressive WW/OP into /pol/ wet dream.

That's...wow. ...There's a part of me that would love to see this story reach Vance's ears, but it's tempered by the fact that Vance generally isn't an asshat about his beliefs and usually writes good shit.

I'm serious man. Having read Shards a whole lot, when I read that thread I went "Wait. Shit son, he barely changed anything.". That's the scary part.

>The Yozis spread their tendrils throughout reality. Malfeas— worshipped as the One True God or the Black Jade Emperor—is immanent in the endless void between the stars, while his sister Cecelyne—whom mortals call Saint Cecilia or the Silver Dowage

I double checked and, yes, the monotheist god counterpart in Modern Exalted is indeed Malfeas. Now you could just chart shit up to coincidence but lets be real that no coincidence were intended for Modern Age. It was all deliberate. So yes, do the maths here: if Christianity is Yozi worship in disguise then what does that make Judaism? You could just say 'oh well...j-jews don't exist!" to try to dodge the question but then you just shoot yourself in the foot now don't you? Sure it's more of a Gnostic idea which is fine and all but they specifically mention that it has roots in desert cults, hinting its from the South of Creation. The part which has always been middle-eastern inspired.

>This world belongs to the Infernals. The Yozis are bound, but through their servants they can wreak their malice upon Creation. Some are celebrities, some quietly identifiable public figures, and some exist wholly in secret. All work behind the scenes to manipulate mortal society, opposing the better angels of human nature while feeding their baser instincts, in order to please their Yozi masters.

I'm aware the book specifically does NOT add a racial component to the Infernals but it's a little hard to not come to the conclusion this one /pol/lack GM did.

Yooooo this looks pretty sick actually.

Seems familiar...

Reminder that exalted came first. First edition core book predates avatar the last airbender.

Thank you. Now I feel old.

People still play 2nd Edition!?

Yes, the same way people still play AD&D.

No offense meant to them, just 2nd Edition was a bit of a mess is all.

So was AD&D.

AD&D actually works, though.

Eeeeeh, my point is more 'people-will-still-play-older-editions'. Especially if they have a huge, physical collection.

How bad an idea would be to sumon Ithuya and order her to build me a manse?

If you can bind her not all that bad.
Speaking of, how do demons feel about their binding after the fact? Do they hold grudges if they were ordered to do stupid stuff?

Probably depends on the demon. Some will hold grudges, some will just consider it one of the annoying but inevitable aspects of life.

The ones you need to be most careful of are the ones who appreciate it greatly

Not bad. BTW easy way to measure your stuff is to look at some of the sub-par TMA's like Five Dragons, buy in for something you can stunt, and the really good TMA's like Arbitrator's which allows you summon up to two three dot Artifacts (Weapon and Armor) out of nowhere.

this is some cool shit

Depends on the situation. Even if they are bound for a retarded reason they are still out of hell at the moment. So as long as they don't have pressing business back home or have the summoner do things like rip their tongues out I think in general it should work out.

I still remember the time A PC summoned Ligier to be his drinking companion. Because he wanted a classy refined man to take shots with.