sgiz.mobi/s3/6a608a27c7c9

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/
How do you handle social issues in your games?

How can I provide the party with an option to support a zealot in the creation of a vicious Inquisition? Got a character who wants to exile every elf in the city, but the king has only humoured her so far, and she needs some sort of resources to prompt the king to switch over to supporting her cause.

She's not evil enough to play tricks or illusions, but she's also mostly unjustified.

We don't. We just kill dragons and shit

Funny enough, killing dragons has solved all of our social issues thus far.

How do you keep track of combat as a DM? l mean fuck how am l supposed to remember how which goblin took 5 damage and which took 2?

I've never had such problems.

Colour-coding on minis.

If you don't use minis, give them numbers. Goblin 1, Goblin 2, etc.

This is why smart players use minis.

Number the goblins. Goblin 1, goblin 2, etc.

Isn't there a tool on roll20 that lets you line up the squares with a map?

>ugly nigger elf as op pic

is this a joke?

There is, but it's the handiest picture I could find without making one myself.

If you have a group of similar enemies, such as bandits, goblins or whatever, give each of them ONE recognizable trait, like an eyepatch or golden earrings. put a small note with the trait next to the respective mini if you use grids. makes it easier to keep track of who's who for you and your players while personalizing encounters.

Asking for other opinions on this.

So i have started to design a concept for a monk archetype.

A mix 1/3 caster with Druid spells and something similar to the Totem Barbarian.

>LvL 3 gain Spellcasting like AT/EK but only druid spells.

>LvL 6 gain an Animal-styled feature that grants one passive bonus and one active abillity.

-examples:

>Bull
- Spend 3 ki and for the Duration of 1 minute whenever you take the attack action you can charge in a 20ft long and 5ft wide straight line. Make an attack roll against each creature within the affected area and deal unarmed damage on each target you hit.
- You gain proficiency in the Athletics Skill or double your proficiency bonus in it if you are allready proficient in it.

>Tiger
- You expend 3 ki to exert your self. For the duration of 1 minute your Strenght becomes 15+Your Proficiency bonus and your movement speed increases by 10ft.
- Pounce - As long as you move at least 20 ft towards a target before hitting it with a melee weapon attack the target must make a STR saving throw against your Ki save DC.

>Turtle
- By expending 3 ki you gain resistance to all non-magical weapon attacks for 1 minute.
- You gain additional +1 to AC.

etc.

>At lvl 11 - Gain the abillity to cast alter self at will.

>At lvl 17 - Some decent capstone abillity. So far i thought some Giant Monkey (Sayan monkey) transformation once per short rest might be cool.

No justification? Nigga, that's evil.

You've got it backwards; subterfurge in turn, isn't necessarily vile.

If it wasn't for ranged, it'd explicitly state "melee attack roll" (assuming no misprints in the text and the like), so it's just the helper who has to be up close and personal.

Go Nazi I guess.

Have the Elves form gated communities, ghettos of reluctantly socialized individuals with some sort of accrued resources.
When shit happens, blame the elves. Then have some serious threat, bonus point if it's another Elf or Fey of some kind that comes after the elves and wrecks serious damage before the adventurers can stop it, and then have the king finally agree because "God damn it, it's just more trouble than they are worth"

How would I go about making a Level 1 powerful, old wizard who lost all of his memories?

I was going for a comedy character a bit like the wizards from (Terry Pratchetts) Unseen University who's either sleeping, reminiscing about the pranks he would play on his roommates when he was a young lad at the academy or talking about recipes for nice desserts/puddings.

Even though he's forgotten almost everything, I want to have moments where his cunning and intellect shows, probably through deception or performance skills. Also is there any way for a mage to have a coded journal that looks like a recipe book?

I was thinking of a sorcerer (for the Charisma spell modifier) disguised as a mage, could this work in 5e?

Giving monk spellcasting is troublesome because monks, barbarians and Warlocks are the only class that gain 0 spellcasting level.

Monks by themselves are fairly strong, having bonus-action dodge, multiple attacks, slow fall, catching arrows, d8, high base AC, high mobility. Adding spellcasting to them runs the risk of allowing them to literally do anything.

The examples you gave already unless picking one, locks you out of the others upon character creation are too powerful.
Examples: Flurry of Pounce. Move 20 ft, attack, flurry of blows. Target has to make 3 saving throws.

Think long and hard what you want from your homebrew and be very self-critical.

Right now it seems way too strong just by giving them spellcasting levels.

Well, it's tricky. About 40 years ago, the elves invaded the human city, nearly destroyed everything, and killed her son. She led the forces which drove them back, right to their own gates, executed their King, and imposed harsh surrender conditions.

Years later, she's still bitter, but the new human King is too young to remember the conflict, and she's the only one who still hates the elves. She's convinced that they're planning to attack again (and she's half-right, though it's more a conspiracy than a policy) and wants to get them out of the human city, full-on Inquisition-style.

From her point of view, she's Lawful Good. So no trickery, no abuse, she wants to do this all above board, just incredibly hard-line.

Nazism could potentially work. The closest thing I've got so far is that there's a series of murders, and all the victims are elves, which she'll claim is a sign that they're a danger, because she's a bit nuts.

What do you mean by handle social issue? We talking social interaction of the PCs with the world?

A way ingame to make your coded journal to look like a cook book?
Have it be a cookbook and ritualize Illusionary Script on it and GM allows it to be permanent instead of only lasting 10 days. The illusion being that for non-magically powerful creatures it just looks like a cookbook.

But a character who is super powerful that just has amnesia is fairly common and tends towards people overacting and being edgelord mcedge "well like you know, my character is actually super powerful so he might know the level 20 archmage Kharzindaak he just forgot about it, let me roll an insight if i remember anything. Oh look a nat 20, i should be able to skip past whatever mission or campaign you had in mind and just get the reward from this roll."

He means how do you push for gay marriage being legalized and even celebrated in a fantasy setting.

It doesnt matter if from her point of view shes lawful good. Her being lawful and the laws/city/ruler/king saying "we dont do this" should be enough for her, even though she personally doesnt like it, she has to abide by the law.

Let her know this and ask if shes then willing to go chaotic good.

From there on create situations where her morals will come into question, are you going to torture this man who may be innocent (hes not but she doesnt know this) thereby committing an EVIL act.

Basically lead her down the path of villainy and at some point have other characters point this out to her "You had good intentions, but see where this has taken you! Youre breaking the laws! Youre torturing people for information! Youre no better than they were!"

Would be some good storytelling imo.

>From her point of view, she's Lawful Good
Sibjective Moral Alignments aren't a thing. She's between True and Lawful Neutral at best.

Blaming the elves on their own murders can be a thing. Especially if she plays on the Kings insecurity of helplessness, claims elvish No-go zones, and dismiss anything the party says as naive well meaning elvish sympathizing.

Don't have her be a blatant racist either. Let her allow for people to have elvish friends and go "yeah sure, but Lord Silverleaf isn't like the rest of them"

That can come down to the DM though, and can also give the DM a couple plot hooks to keep straying PC's in the game. For example, a new player in agame I was in did the whole "this person is possessed by the spirits of dead druids that give them insight and power but is driving them crazy," trope, and the DM handled it amazingly well when the player tried to run with it in directions like you mentioned.

They do it all the time to fish for (You)s.

Reposting this arcane paladin with these changes, not much to see if you've already looked at it. If not I'll accept any feedback you have. I still don't feel like I've gotten it to the point where there would be no major power differences between playing this, or a normal paladin. I'm considering making some abilities more situational to try and get there.

I put concentration on Nullification Zone, removed Perception from the Discovery reaction, gave Discovery Ritual Casting, and fixed some spelling/syntax errors.

She's not a PC, sorry if that wasn't clear. She's an NPC, one of the ones designed to prompt a questline. It's not like it's a "pick A, B, or C" but I'm essentially setting up clear sides where they can buddy up close with the criminals, the would-be Inquisition, or the elves, and the party seem to be leaning towards the Inquisition.

This is helpful. I could actually combine both your advice and have her just descend into madness - having her go full-on evil without realising would both make sense for her character and make it easier to launch the Inquisition without keeping it too moral.

Well I don't, my personal politics are kept out of fantasy settings.

When ever I world build I make it so some places yeah it's a free for all you got the odd races and shit like that. Other places it's the opposite where they've been pushed out if not treated as second class citizens. Each race has places that incorporate both sides of the spectrum, no need for my players to slog through everything being one way or the other.

Yeah the edgelord special snowflake with amnesia thing had occured to me. I wasn't planning on pulling any bullshit with him "unlocking all his memories" or doing anything OP that's not in the character sheet. I was thinking more along the lines of "comedy hobo-wizard who fucked up a spell and lost his mind/memories" but he sometimes surprises the other PC's by tricking the town guard when they just thought he was a crazy hobo wizard.

But thanks for the advice. Illusory script sounds like exactly the spell I want.

>Lawful means only following the laws of the land you are in

Yeah no, any paladin playing lawful good, mostly of the devotion old school type, is not bound by laws that are unjust, cruel or unusual. If those laws are in place it is within a paladin's power to outright ignore these laws or actively work to see them changed.

With adding in subjective setting it makes things even more murky, I'd argue for Lawful Neutral, if not Lawful Evil depending on your personal morals and leanings.

That doesn't sound like a very inclusive setting, user! Have you at least included X-Cards for people who are more sensitive to your hateful bullshit?

So i should stick to the Totem Animal theme and balance it a bit better.
Giving them a form of ritual casting however should be acceptable.

You can have the inquisition be formed for an actual legitimate reason at first, and then be redirected to the cleansing of the [s]jews[/s] Elves

No because I allow them to leave the table at anytime and find another DM, I won't force my political ideals on them and they should have the common decency to do the same.

I realize this is in jest but I still feel it needs to be said.

Hey not a big deal or anything but does anyone know how often 5etools gets updated these days? It's still missing stuff from the most recent UA.

That actually works pretty well. The city is full of werewolves and vampires. Cheers user.

Man it sounds like we're recreating Germany before WW2, I wonder who will win this time?

Just say he hit 100, and BOOM he's an old old old man now. They can probably infer he used to be stronger, you don't need to beat anyone over the head with it.

Hopefully the good guys.

My paladin has been suduced into serving a green dragon deity
In character feels this is the right choice
Out of character am terrified

>Huge map, unaligned tiles
Is it me or is aligning a map, even with the tool, nearly impossible?

stat him, /5eg/

That is exactly what I was going for, yes.

Story time, also is this about to become a magical realm thing?

I can easily align smaller maps, but fuck huge ones are always off slightly. I just try and get as close as I can and then I make the grid bright red so it doesn't get visually confusing.

Yes, which is why you don't align map. You turn off roll20 grid, and use the one that's already drawn on the map.

>Official artificer can't even animate objects
>Unofficial artificers are all full casters
Ok

Do you guys have monotheism in your game? Do you emphasize the differences between how a pantheon is worshiped, and how monotheism is different?

I was pretty sure it was an Orc with a more mundane color palette.

No.

Sort of. In our DM's setting, there's a dominant monotheistic religion, and many pagan gods, who are almost forgotten now.
The funny thing is, the old gods are interesting, while monotheistic religion is a fucking borefest. It's like christianity, but with everything interesting and unique taken away. You can't even DEUS VULT, because there are no crusades.

How useful is Misty Visions in actual gameplay?

>Do you guys have monotheism in your game?

Yes

>Do you emphasize the differences between how a pantheon is worshiped, and how monotheism is different?

No I leave that up to the players so they can help contribute to the world and make it more to what they wanted in such instances.

Then youre Neutral Good. Not Lawful good.

Lawful - i respect the laws
Neutral - I dont care if im respecting laws or not as long as i do what i think is right.
Chaotic - I dont respect laws, i wish freedom to do what i want.

If a paladin doesnt respect the laws of his kingdom, even if they dont make sense to him, then hes a neutral good or chaotic good character.

A lawful good paladin serves his oath and laws whether they make sense to them or not, they are beyond his understanding, it is not for the paladin to judge whether slaying a criminal is the right thing to do, it is the law.

By definition if you dont abide by the laws of the kingdom you serve or by the oaths you took, you are not lawful.

I've been playing dungeons and dragons for like 2 years and I haven't fought a single dragon.
Lots of fucking constructs with guns, for some reason, across multiple campaigns.

I once knew a chaotic good cleric that was misguided into worshipping an ancient red dragon demigod. He later betrayed his race, sided with the orcs, genocided a whole capital city and the campaign basically ended with him and the party destroying all the civilization on the eastern part of the continent in a mutual conflict while the remnants of the actual eldritch evil that we didn't take full care of sort of stepped back, said "fuck it" and went to sleep.
So be careful. Never deal with a dragon.

Humans have the only monotheistic religion in my setting. They went all Deus Vult during their heyday and pissed off the other races, but now that a few centuries have passed everyone is on decent terms.
The other races all recognise the human 'God' as one of many deities and pay tribute to him in their own ways.

So who's the character equivalent of Johnathan Harker in Curse of Strahd?

I suppose Van Richten is obviously Van Helsin, and Ireena is either Mina or Lucy, either way.

Yet if someone still works within the laws they are being lawful, especially if they are working within the laws to change laws they feel are unjust or cruel.

To simply state since you don't follow all laws everywhere to the letter means you are automatically not lawful is silly.

Is a lawful paladin forced to follow the laws of a land ruled by devils to retain his alignment? Especially if he doesn't know that devils pull the strings?

How about a land ruled by a tyrant who is cruel and kills people for the smallest slight, but it is the law? Is he no longer lawful for pushing to changes such things either through lawful means or other?

If following the law to the letter is the only way to be lawful then no one is because that's how lawful stupid works.

i actually don't have much trouble with map alignments. Use the auto align to ballpark it, then align it by hand.

Uh, user? Why are you using DM version of the maps, with all the labels on?

because i'm the gm and see it, i have it set up that the players cant see that map. They only get the player friendly version on their side

Im getting tired of discussing paladins, but anyway. The law of god is superior to the laws of man. Guess which one a Paladin cares for?
And also, your last statement is just stupid, You imply that only lawful paladins need do abide to his oath.

I've never thought of putting both maps down and making the GM one only visible to me. You're either a genius or I'm really dumb.

>We rolled for stats and I'm a variant human 7(+1), 17, 8, 11(+1), 13(+1 from a feat), 14
Consider the following: Standard Array Variant Human
8, 15(+1),10, 12, 13(+1), 14, pick any feat you like.
If you're going to cancer for stats, at least take the 18 starting Dex when you have the chance.

Less harshly, when you roll for stats, you roll then decide what you're playing. You can't go into it with a character idea in mind.

>>Expanded options within subclasses, like how for Wot4e monk you get choices each time.
Call these martial spell lists and realize they'll inevitably become a bloated, system mastery degree-holding, trap option filled, character optimization required mess. Like PF. The spell lists already have some real stinkers. It's not a design to seek to emulate.

>I don't prepare spells and fill spell slots with them to use later.
>I prepare potions and fill vials with them to use later.
It's the same fucking thing unless you do give them away, and if you do give them away why are *you* actually on the adventure instead of just selling the potions to people with combat skills from town? Nevermind that making magical potions usually involves all the same kinds of things as casting spells in D&D: Weird Chants, Creepy Ingredients, and Specific Stirring Techniques. That's the challenge faced to make a good homebrew adventuring brewer.

Nomadic Mind is the Mystic's Jack-of-All-Trades. So you banned it in an effort to make the Mystic a jack-of-all-trades.

this is my player's side

it's nice because all the traps and secret doors are still hidden, there wont be an S or a door on their side, just a blank wall.

Also, i didn't have to have to keep flipping through the damn book going "Ok, was this room 17z or 17b?"

Downside? You have to align twice as many maps.

>If a paladin doesnt respect the laws of his kingdom, even if they dont make sense to him, then hes a neutral good or chaotic good character

Also I just realized that is statement doesn't matter unless your setting forces paladins to be apart of a kingdom. Paladins swear their oaths to a higher ideal that is above kingdoms and most mortals. They follow the laws as they should be in an ideal, not the ones made by those who do not live up to such an ideal.

In other words paladins normally don't serve kingdoms, they serve their oaths and ideals above all else.

Why are Rose and Thorn hanging out at the foyer?

Hey guys. How about this. How about everyone gets a flat bonus to saving throws equal to my int modifier, i get double int obviously. So basically im proficient with all saving throws :D

Oh and guys you totally cant see me, if you try to find me, thats my class feature so dont try.

Oh and btw if i use my smite, i get to chooes what element it is and like if i want i can make it so that i have resistance to any element i choose, oh and i can just do that, its not a spell so pls dont try to counterspell that.

Oh and did i mention that is only the base class?
Yeah if i go a special super protection one then i not only get resistance, but i get DOUBLE resistance. So like i have saving throws against everything cuz im a super cool arcane dude and my int applies to all saves, but i also get resistance to anything i choose and like then i also half any damage i would take anyway lol. Im so balanced!

Oh and like i get double my health at maximum hp through temp HP. But this is special temp HP and i can add 20 more temp HP to it every turn lol, nvm that thats against RAW.

Dude for real. This is a massive bunch of overpowered garbage.

Oh and i get a super version detect magic as a class feature level 1 that also tells you what spell school is being used.

Oh and you get to cancel any magical effects at will with your lay on hands which can give people temp-HP above their hp maximum unlike a paladins which can only heal.

Also why the fuck would you get Hex? Its a strictly warlock only spell. Why would someone who hunts monstrosities and aberrations get a spell you only get if you make a pact with a fiend or a magical patron?

Take your superman level magical paladin somewhere else.
Stupidly overpowered and you pretty much cherrypicked the best spells from wizard and paladin to have strong offensive capabilities and strong utility aswell as strong defensive stuff from your base class and high saving throws AND you also have advantage on all int checks.

players didn't put them to rest, tried to lead them out of the house instead.it didn't work.

>Downside? You have to align twice as many maps.
True, I fucking hate how difficult it is to align them. But I will probably start doing it, after all it is the GMs role to suffer in silence for their players to have a better game experience.

Weird.

My players put them to rest, then Gustav, then Elisabeth, then the maid, and even Walter got laid up in his crypt

I made the shambling mound to be basically the reincarnated body horror monstrosity that became of the still born baby once all that dark juju shit did its work on the family.

Somehow my party managed to kill it

>All those unexplored rooms
Triggered.

my group killed theirs fairly easily. Of course, after making it all the way through that damn house, they saw that pile and immediately knew something was fucked, so they laid a trap for it.

they explored those rooms, i just covered them back up because they closed the doors and I wanted to add some tension.

They would leave the service of that tyrant and find somewhere else to work. They would not continue serving that tyrant and just undermine their oaths and disobey laws.

Well if youve sworn yourself to a god, then it is even more vital that you follow their laws. If the god says "all undead are aberrations" then sucks to be you, you have to kill them or youre no longer being lawful.

This is why 5E has paladins follow Oaths instead. And the oaths instead.

But regardless I just dislike it when paladin players act all holier than thou that they are beacons of virtue when you try to make a deal with an imp but then are glad to look the other way when the sassy thieving elf-rogue bats their eyelashes and theyre like "It serves the greater good for me to accept payment from criminals who are actively working to undermine the laws i was sworn to uphold"

I think if a player is playing a lawful good paladin they should have to define their oath and their ideals. Just saying "greater good" isnt good enough.

It feels like lawful good went from "i usually follow my oath except for some extreme cases" to "i almost never follow my creed except for when it suits me."

And thats just poor roleplay to me.

Basically for taking my paladin oath, my DM and I did about an hour session in frozen time out of usual playing schedule.

>Starts off with my Pally waking up back in home town except it's a nice place and the races are living in harmony and all that other gay shit.
>Paladin is weirded out because he's still in his bloodied clothes from the battle prior and his hometown was basically fantasy Gotham before
>Goes to his old home, finds an elderly woman drinking tea
>"Surprise, I'm actually the silver dragon goddess of friendship!"
>Talks about how nobody prays to her anymore, causing her to become weak
>muh good dragons genocided trying to seal the demon lords who escaped the abyss
>sees potential in my Paladin despite his brutality, references how he showed mercy to a goblin commander he should have slain
>"Dark shit is coming and with you as my champion, the world can be saved!"
>Suddenly ripped from the scene and in a pool of blood, colossal heads appear from the darkness one by one
>Oh shit, it's Tiamat
>Most of the heads want to kill me, green is amused by the development
>Suddenly blue head booms something along the lines of "FUCK OFF, I SUMMONED HIM HERE, LEAVE US TO TALK"
>Gives me a speech of how she will give me power beyond my whilst dreams to conquer, dominate and usher in a great empire, where peace will be maintained through the iron fist of my laws
>Fuck chaos
>Shown a vision of obliterating Orc invaders with my lightning maul, execute their leader nothin personnel style when he begs for mercy
>At that moment friendship dragon breaks through to me like "She's poisoning your mind, don't listen" and they're fighting over me to make a choice
>Time somehow freezes again inside this already frozen time
>Behind me is beautiful green haired woman
>Asks me to sit down and read this book
>Suddenly can understand Draconic
>"This is a taste of my power, I can give you knowledge and so much more"
>"I can offer you a compromise"

continued

I mean, crusades weren't a thing in Christianity either for like, 50% of it's existence.

>"Friendship is indeed noble but such trust in others has certainly brought many rulers to an untimely end at the hands of their dear allies. And yes, whilst fear is an effective you will never earn the love of your people, and I'm sure many will not take kindly to their freedoms being robbed from them."
>"With my cunning and intellect, you, my champion, shall be truly invincible!"
>Time unfreezes and the two Dragons who were in the room before demand my Paladin make his choice
>He's quite overwhelmed and starts laughing hysterically at the scale of how fucked he is no matter what
>Turns his back on the others and calls out the name of the green head
>Friendship Dragon screams a "NO!" And blue head curses her sister, vows to make my life a living hell and reminds me that I've made a terrible choice
> Make my Oath of Conquest, have some ominous Draconic burned into my skin, compliment her wickedness and wake up with a nasty looking dagger on my lap, a pledge to the goddess of intellect and deception.

I can now make my Smites deal Poison damage instead of radiant if I really want for what ever reason.

>Hey guys. How about this. How about everyone gets a flat bonus to saving throws equal to my int modifier, i get double int obviously. So basically im proficient with all saving throws :D
This is a Paladin ability.

>Oh and guys you totally cant see me, if you try to find me, thats my class feature so dont try.
This is an alternative to disease immunity, and is not and important balance factor.

>Oh and btw if i use my smite, i get to chooes what element it is and like if i want i can make it so that i have resistance to any element i choose, oh and i can just do that, its not a spell so pls dont try to counterspell that.
You're choosing one of 3 reasonably resisted elements that demons/devils resist all of as opposed to an element only 2 things in the MM resist.

>Yeah if i go a special super protection one then i not only get resistance, but i get DOUBLE resistance. So like i have saving throws against everything cuz im a super cool arcane dude and my int applies to all saves, but i also get resistance to anything i choose and like then i also half any damage i would take anyway lol. Im so balanced!
You don't get resistance, you get half damage on failed saves to an ally at level 7 though.

>Oh and like i get double my health at maximum hp through temp HP. But this is special temp HP and i can add 20 more temp HP to it every turn lol, nvm that thats against RAW.
It's a level 20 ability. Moon Druids have +200 HP a turn from becoming a mammoth every round.

>Oh and i get a super version detect magic as a class feature level 1 that also tells you what spell school is being used.
It's an alternative to detecting various monsters. I'm considering getting rid of the abberation/monstrosity clause since it's bloat.

>Oh and you get to cancel any magical effects at will with your lay on hands which can give people temp-HP above their hp maximum unlike a paladins which can only heal.
Temp HP lasts for an hour so yes you can pre-buff and have better action economy. It's not healing, and they receive no healing spells so they can't use it as a source of infinite combat revives. Weakened Dispel Magic is still very good, and I'm considering ways to make it better, but still clean/readable.

>Also why the fuck would you get Hex? Its a strictly warlock only spell. Why would someone who hunts monstrosities and aberrations get a spell you only get if you make a pact with a fiend or a magical patron?
Believe it or not, but there are very few spells at level 1 that fit the bill of "Shutting other people down".

>Stupidly overpowered and you pretty much cherrypicked the best spells from wizard and paladin to have strong offensive capabilities and strong utility aswell as strong defensive stuff from your base class and high saving throws AND you also have advantage on all int checks.
No spells were cherry picked since I basically put everything on there, and left cutting it down for later.

Thank you for all of your feedback. I consider it all.

>They would leave the service of that tyrant and find somewhere else to work. They would not continue serving that tyrant and just undermine their oaths and disobey laws.

There you go again believing paladins are sworn to a kingdom or to uphold the laws of such. They are sworn to their oaths nothing beyond that, if they are lawful they follow just laws and work to change the ones that are not just.

Point to me where it says paladins are sworn in such a way and not to their own personal oaths which may clash with laws of the land, depending on the oath, especially when having to deal with the laws of say a devil run land, or hell even a just land where they have some archaic forms of punishment that can be seen as cruel.

>It feels like lawful good went from "i usually follow my oath except for some extreme cases" to "i almost never follow my creed except for when it suits me."

>And thats just poor roleplay to me.

It is but that is more on the DMs being lax in not punishing paladins this edition who stray from their oaths.

...What.

Like, I get that the green one was the only one speaking any degree of sense given the two other retards in the room, but like.
That entire scenario is just weird as fuck.

Weird question, but can any DMs post examples of their roll20 overlays?

I'm kind of not satisfied with the way my stuff looks and it's so bad that I'm worried I'm pulling people out of the game.

>Sided with the green dragon head
>Make my Oath of Conquest
>Poison damage smite
Nigga, you Treachery now.

Maybe I'm way too hungry but I'm not sure what you mean.

Can't dragons turn into smokin' hot humanoids you can totally bang?

This.

But i do like the nice RP to his paladin order.

not just humanoids, you freaky devil.

I had to condense the story quite a bit, it made a little more sense in the call but yeah, I was given two extremes and a scary in between.

Could have maybe rejected them all but this seemed fun.

You don't bang the dragon. The dragon bangs you.

I phrased it confusingly, basically just let me see what your roll20 set-up looks like.

Maps, tokens, etc.

I'm thinking about retconning to treachery, flavour wise it's a definitely more thematic.

Never opposed to getting Haste and Invisibility powers either

Well then you can look up the thread for mine:
basically i have two map layers, the player map is on the actual map layer while the GM map is on the GM layer, which is good because it appears over the map layer, letting me see all the GM goodness while keeping the players blissfully unaware of the traps they are about to step on.

Tokens i just keep off to the side in the fog of war until needed.

Ohoho, you're calling me the scoundrel for wanting my Draconic waifu to have ten fingers, ten toes, two arms and two legs?

I just wondered a thing: having a magical focus lets you ignore material components that lack a cost
the material component for most of the good demon summoning spells (blood from a intelligent humanoid killed in the past 24 hours) technically has no cost, cuz it's not like you can buy those
would having a focus let one get around the human sacrifice thing?

degenerate.