Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/ : "How can my New Marines be so cute ?" edition.
Alternative title : "Shills are among us"

>thread ost
youtu.be/Czpve_uNiLM

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format.
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs.
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/16/new-warhammer-40000-the-dark-imperium-may16gw-homepage-post-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>GW stabs the Angels of Death in the heart and all most of /40kg/ can day is how they can't wait to pre-order Sigmarines2 at full RRP

nth for necrons the faction nobody plays anymore

Fucking this, not looking forward to buying 5 of these fuckers at most likely 40~50 USD fuck that.

2d6th for unreliable charge range

If 30k isn't ported to 8th in the near future, I'm just using my existing marines as marines+1 when I test out this new edition.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/16/new-warhammer-40000-the-dark-imperium-may16gw-homepage-post-4/

DARK imperium! Death of the Blood Angels?

So what there's nothing today?

Beat me to it.

This literally just sounds like a plot device to kill off the old space marines, "oh their homeworlds are destroyed all they can recruit now are numarines."

$50 for a box of 5
Fell my NZ pain burger

>Things were already looking pretty grim for the sons of Sanguinius, with a hive fleet closing in on them, and now it looks even bleaker. Cut off from the light of Terra, the Angels and their Successors stand against the might of Hive Fleet Leviathan, hoping they can withstand the storm.

Faction focus when ?

Judging by how dire the Stormcast... chapters? were, I don't imagine any of the new Chapters will be exactly exciting.

I guess this is what happens when you want to sell new plastic sprues and big babies lap them up.

G-Guys I play Blood Angels. Should I be worried?

Not tomorrow, maybe in 3 days
There are still between 17 and 24 armies that have yet to receive their Army Focus

pls gamswrkshop don kill of my beloved flesh terers.

No. They're consistently high sellers, so GW will never actually kill them off.

>MARINES LOL

>Baal is about to get spitroasted by Tyranids and Daemons
user, I... be strong brother, be strong for Sanguinius.

No.
Like all SM they sell a ton, and squatting them would mean having 8 kits be unusable thus not selling, 19 if we included characters too

I'm sorry for your homeworld

but not that much really since you're going to get a not!primarch most probably

The Necrons are gonna save the day again.

$50-80 for us leafs just the fucking golden bastards.
shit stinks

>mfw when GW can't squat my chapter because they're homebrew special snowflakes

Nice try, fuckos.

>and Daemons
where did it mention daemons?

Please this, i want a szarekh model for my army

What would it take to make orks good in the new edition?

I'm hoping for:
>boyz at 4 ppm
>flash gitz being able to target characters
>mob rule being Ld equal to number of models
>tankbusta bombs being good and available like melta bombs to marines
>big choppa being S+1 AP-2 like a power axe
>looted wagon rules
>being able to charge from deep strike / outflanking
>units with the fly rule being able to charge flyers
>grots being fun, with scout, infiltrate, stealth or something similar
>cybork body being good
>cybork body being stackable with whatever painboyz do
>reasonably priced shokk attack gun
>all vehicles being able to fight in close combat, with things like deffrollas, grabbing klawz, wreckin balls and so on acting as melee weapons
>something to avoid or offset to-hit penalties, possibly gitfindas, which should be widely available, at least on units like tankbustas, lootas and flash gitz

Fuck it I'm just going to use this as an opertunity to go thousands sons, just gonna run the Magnus flying circus or shit ton of rubric marines.

user, they were a dying chapter BEFORE all of this happened.

Are those pics up to scale?

>melee tanks

Yes I need this.

>warpstorm cutting the galaxy in half
>half the Imperium is cut off from the Astronomican
>this half is rapidly falling to Chaos and is called the Dark Imperium
>the intact loyalist Imperium is lead by a living Primarch
>Daemon Primarchs are in the materium and more active
>everything is a little less grimdark despite the escalating threat, as the presence of this Primarch acts as a force of rationality
>eldar of all stripes are uniting under a common banner that is bringing back pre-Fall aesthetics and beliefs

Okay, which one of you faggots from the old Imperium Asunder threads was actually a GW writer scraping Veeky Forums for ideas? I know most of you are probably in this thread.

I'm stressing out waiting for their faction focus. the "anything can hurt anything" approach to 8th has me wondering what they have planned for gauss.

bruh you an me both, i want to see if we get anything after 2 fucking years

It'll probably just do double damage versus vehicles on a 6 to wound, this is common in AoS

Tesla will presumably be the same, extra hit on 6's to hit. like in 'Sigmar

Yes, bases are the same size.

Vehicles only, or MCs as well? Seems weird that it'd work on a Dread but not a Riptide.

I think they are trying not to have vehicles be treated any differently to other models now, so probably not tied to a keyword. More likely they just do higher damage in general.

Brothers of the blood we must stand strong in these trying times and push back the evil xeno menac

You sell models, you'll be fine.

Shit man you'll probably get Sanguinius back or some shit.

see

"Always wound on least 5+" sounds decent effect for gauss. Better against tough things than normal guns but just barely. Like its old effect.

You'd still need 162 shots of BS4 gauss to kill a leman russ.

Xeno alliances or 8th ed is a bust!

It's been a long time since latin class, but doesn't indomitus mean 'barbarian' or something?

This seems likely to me as well. Set up some sort of Dark vs Old Imperium stuff with both having Primarchs who come into conflict. Nobledark vs Grimdark, or something.

So while I really would like to take a squad or two of the Primaris Marines, how would I justify that as fluffily as possible when I play Astral Claws?

keep in mind this isn't real latin, it's 40k fake latin

Or Sanguinator is reveiled as a shard of Sanguinius's soul and XXX happens and that unit is buffed to Primarch levels, or near them.

it means unrestrained in basic latin or words to that effect

also so close to trips

I think the SM is a tiny fraction undersized, they look more similar in other pictures.

I would guess that it strips away armour saves?

Well i don't know what keywords will separate what was once a vehicle or if there will be any. Behemoth / Monster are the best guesses

Fuck it: 6's to wound transfer into Mortal wounds. would be very powerful, but Warriors might cost a lot more points now.

It will one of these generic basic 'roll a 6 for good things' that most Sigmar weapons have. if you're expecting anything complex you'll be disappointed

"Always wound on at least a 5+" seems like a strange way to handle it. Tau small arms guns can wound up to T9 on a 5+, which happens to do 5+ on Russ's. The only times that one would prefer "always wound on at least a 5+" to simply having S5 is if you were shooting at T10 or higher, which seems like it will be fairly rare.

>menac
brother you okay? BROTHER?!

I mean the Sanguinior did say that there was still hope when Dante asked if he had done enough and if baal can still be saved. Also wasnt it proven that the Sanguinior is just like an ancient sanguinary guard who used to be Sanguinius's Speaker during imperium 2: Electric Boogalo?

>Go into shop
>see this
what do?

I see the fires of Terra brother and i can hear the screams.

It could have been used to refer to the barbarians as they are savage, not limited by proper laws of civilization

but indomitus literally means not dominated

I did an overlay in gimp and the bases are exactly the same size. They look to be from the same angle too. I think the height differences are just a little less obvious when viewed from above.

I am pumped about greenwing being alright

squats confirmed

>Big guy marines
>blood angels possibly going to get squated

My blood angels army consists of nothing but 2nd edition models. I can't wait to play 8th against autists getting mad at my army

Eldars are made for human cock

Buy two Extra Dakka's to get your Extra-Extra Dakka.

I'm hoping for:
>boyz Worth 6 ppm
>flash gitz being Elites characters
>mob rule testing Battleshock against number of models
>burnas able to trade attacks for single heavy cutting ones
>powa choppa being S+1 AP-2 like a power axe
>looted wagon rules
>being able to charge from deep strike / outflanking
>units with the fly rule being able to charge flyers
>grots being fun, with scout, infiltrate, stealth or something similar
>cybork body being good
>cybork body being stackable with whatever painboyz do
>reasonably priced shokk attack gun
>all vehicles being able to fight in close combat, with things like deffrollas, grabbing klawz, wreckin balls and so on acting as melee weapons

What is the consensus on these guys looks wise?

I don't like them ,they look to clean and too "futuristic" for 40k.

The old marines looks like they fit into the gothic aesthetic of the universe.
They have this combination of grungy clunky tech combined with an ornamental look.

If all this happened Orks would be actually pretty viable.

Blood Angels sell well, they aren't getting squatted. More likely they're being used as a center of the story on the other side of the rift. Possibly next chapter to get their Primarch.

BRING
BACK
DADDY

Hruds confirmed for 8th

I think my marines gonna look just fine when field with the NuMarines.

I swear shark-people were a thing

True, they do have a start collecting box.

I wish I was pretty

Hey, I voted for 3 empires, the stagnant god-empire, the "progressive" breakaway atheist marine empire and the chaos conquered areas.

>To clean
Make them rougher with paintings
I think they look great, maybe too great, because 40k doesnt' always have truescale and now these guys look like from a different company

Not possible, could just say there true scale or not give a damn.

>Tiny manlet neck/head going crazy

He looks like an IT guy who stepped on a Lego

>but indomitus literally means not dominated
I think it's more 'can't be controlled / ruled / governed' which in roman terms would be absolutely terrible. It's not a term of respect. Seems very weird that a crusade called by a guy who is pretty keen on good governance, in a control-freak empire with the primary objective of restoring order would be called 'indomitus'. Unless it's meant to be a crusade against the indomitus or something.

We're kind of due for a Kroot stand alone codex.

you seem like a retarded faggot and have bad taste

>>all vehicles being able to fight in close combat, with things like deffrollas, grabbing klawz, wreckin balls and so on acting as melee weapons

Isn't this confirmed? Tank commanders can attack with their swords from the hatch and such

It would make sense for Ork vehicles to get the best melee attacks and especially making use of the wrecking ball, etc.

AoS has a couple "vehicles" but all of them have a melee attack function

The kinda people who play marines are the kinda people who HAVE to own the cool thing

At least we're getting some cool art on our possible deathbed. I know we won't, but maybe we'll even get and upgrade kit or a transfer sheet too!

That's 9th, after they've buffed the Imperium enough to push back chaos and close the rift at great expense, a mysterious xenos species will begin psychically preying on tensions between the legions and turn a large portion rogue. It will be revealed to be the same xenos that corrupted the legion that the space Wolves had to put down.

That, and the current xenos factions will get all uppity and use the opportunity to expand aggressively.

Well tanks can now box people with their treads.
Everyone has mob rule

This is basically the Ork edition

So... dont?

backpacks and pauldrons are too small because GW wanted to keep the possibility of kitbashing with old marines

that's my only gripe and it's a very minor one

they follow a design policy that is almost flawless otherwise
>something old
>something new
>something borrowed
>something blue

So whos the idiot that decided to call Dark Elder Drukhari? I get Aeldari, its dumb but it can pass but frekaing Drukari? Sounds like something I would make up for a alien species when I was 10. Just call them Dark Aeldari for christ sake if you want the TM.

We need more art like this. This is a thousand times better than 90% of the shit printed in GW books these days.

seeing as FW stopped the great knarloc or krootox riders it would seem that they need it

Just give us a Tau auxiliaries codex and I will be fine
>tfw if they keep going on like this they will squat the best xenos this edition or later

Would be hillarious if Sanguinius cure the Black Rage and GW squats the whole Death Company.

Doesn't look too small, it actually looks correctly proportioned now

So far better than fan made truescale.

You are user

Relative to inflation space marine tactical have been the same price for almost 15 years... in the US at least. Doubling the price now would be a stupid thing to do, albeit a very Kirby era GW thing to do too