Dark Imperium!

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/16/new-warhammer-40000-the-dark-imperium-may16gw-homepage-post-4/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:The_Shape_Of_The_Nightmare_To_Come_50k
1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:Warhammer_60K:_The_Age_of_Dusk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So no new news. A wasted article.

Wow so GW is literally cutting off the old story and pushing it into the Cubard as the dark imperium.

>hey guys we know you enjoy 30k
>so we made 40k 30k

Wow, it's fucking nothing!
Wasn't this already covered in the article that talked about the map? All they did was say "btw he has primaris marines with him now"

Blood Angel are becom squat now?

I guess they're shooting for the same tonal change as Age of Sigmar that has hopeful good guys trying to beat the odds.

I'm gonna miss some of the grim darkness...some of it.

they are angels

they are not supposed to stay on the same side of the livings

Blood Angels confirmed for getting squatted.

If it helps maintain the grimdark while they herowank on the other side I'm ok with it.

Because we all know they'll be herowanking either way.

>Not understanding that this is the perfect set up to have the Sanguinor take away his armor, grew a few sizes and create a new Imperium like his father would have wanted, and not that kiddy thing his retarded brother has done on the other side of the Cicatrix Maledictum

Why is Leviathan suddenly on the exact opposite side of the galaxy?
Other than them not wanting bugs on the Marines vs Chaos side.

Good point, the Sanguinor is cannon still, right? Who else could it be other than Sanguinius manifested? Maybe the increased warp fuckery will allow him to manifest permanently, like it allows for demons to manifest.

So Sisters of Silence are confirmed for existing in 40k? Where the hell have they been the last 10,000 years again?

Heavy solar winds blew them off course?

leviathan is entering the galaxy perpendicularly

it does whatever it wants

They were kept secret by the Lords of Terra and "freed" after Wrath of Magnus

The article literally says 'this isn't the first time they've triumphed against impossible odds though' because they think anyone but idiots actually think there is a chance they'll lose.

No they won't be squatted. At worst they'll do a Wrath of Magnus and just go 'oh not it was so costly our victory boo-hoo' and then nothing will change and the 'cost' will have absolutely no impact ever.

>leviathan is entering the galaxy perpendicularly

What?

I don't even know why this is being described as the darkest time in the Imperium's history. Literally everything we hear is about them winning. Chaos can't even control the Cadian gate area right by the fucking Eye of Terror, Guilliman is apparently winning EVERYTHING and now the Nids are gonna have their biggest Hive Fleet probably get broken on Baal. Not to mention Ghazz is gonna show up to lose on Armageddon for the third fucking time.

It's huge as fuck and coming from *below* the galaxy. It's everywhere.

from the void below the galactic plain, where there be monsters n shit

This is not new news, its not even fake news

Because GW is dumb. This is the the IMperium going brightmode. They got a stronger army than ever before, better tech, smarter leaders, are super-united, allied with the major Eldar factions (barring Dark Eldar) and apparently pushing Chaos' shit in in every battle we read about.

They just try to say its grimdark by going 'ohohoh Cicatrix Maledictum' but then it doesn't matter cause every fight we read is just the Imperium winning anyway.

That's some thalassophobia shit right there

The Sanguinor appears several times in the recent Dante book. There's also a new Mephiston book coming out soon and a book called Devastation of Baal.

Shits going down but I highly doubt the Blood Angels will be exterminated. Likely lose their planet and become a fleet based chapter

And the part of the galactic plane they're entering from beneath is on literally the other side of the map, so unless they're coming from literally the entire underside of the galaxy it still doesn't make sense.
And then they'd ALSO be hitting the other parts.
They should've gone with one of the Kraken splinters that managed to become a full fleet, or a new one, instead of teleporting Leviathan.
It's clearly not EVERYWHERE or else it would've been hitting places other than the Tempestus and the parts of Ultima that border Tempestus.

>instead of teleporting Leviathan.
Leviathan has been moving towards Baal since the 5th edition BA Codex, nothing has "teleported", the Hive Fleet is fucking everywehre

at least we know the tyranids arent squatted now

leviathan entered in segmentum temptestus

is there any info on how much of the span of the galaxy it's covering from below the plain?

I imagine they're in the same quasi-hiberntion state they go into when they cross the galactic voids, so maybe they need some really strong signals to lead them to opportunity. The ongoing attack on Baal and the astronomicon itself could both be worthy of splintered tendrils

I was unaware I had to read marine side-codices to know what was going on with the bugs.
Though considering GW, that makes sense. Why put that in the tyranid stuff when you can put it in with the marines?

This is...really sad but true.

How many codices do you think Guard Players have to keep up with to know the name of every regiment someone's killed to the last man?

Can we all just agree it sucks not to be a Loyalist Marine Faction and leave it at that? No need for us losers to bicker among ourselves.

Did you also miss out on the last Tyranid Codex, the Rising Leviathan supplements and the Shield of Baal: Leviathan campaign book??

I just figured any Tyranid references were 'they went to PLACE BUGS ARE NOTED TO BE IN IN THEIR OWN CODEX and killed them there/also Macragge/the Tau shit/etc'

Is gulliman the mary sue of the most recent editions?

From that picture it looks like ~50 years the Galaxy is dead. How is Chaos the main threat again?

>defeated by Magnus in single combat
no, that place is reserved for the Armless Failure.

Maybe that sounded more sarcastic than intended. I think its just the nature of codex writing. Everyone wants to hear their own wank which means everyone else gets treated like an accessory to it. I'm sure if I flip through my books I can find references to Marines showing up some place that isn't explicitly discussed in their codex.

>tfw Flesh Tearers in an article about 8e
Fuck, I need to get off the hype train before it's too late.

Checked. I wish they also say something about the Death Company while they are at it

The current niddex has maybe one confrontation that isn't covered in it's adversary's codex, and that's shadowbrink. I say maybe because i I haven't read any chaos codex

The thing is that the Tyranids getting near Baal isn't wank, it's the Tyranids getting some progress in that isn't noted in their own book. It stops with 'okay yeah they're stuck at Octarius'

Fair enough, I guess I'm stuck in the guard perspective of getting mentioned means I'm already dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

This is the second article they've done on this topic that's told us nothing we didn't already know.

>implying nids and/or chaos wont job to imperium

>Yipes, the Blood Angels sound like they are in trouble. This isn’t the first time they have triumphed against impossible odds though, can they make it out alive?
Of course they can, this is new-GW where in the Grim Darkness of the far future the good guys always win without any kind of long term negative effects.

>GW's been hyping up Baal like the Blood Angels and literally all their successors won't be enough to stop a single tendril of Leviathan even though the Greatest of All Space Marines™ tanked a whole hive fleet.
>Now Baal is cut off and things are apparently even more dire for them.

So they're setting up the Sanguinor to be the Deus Ex Machina Resurrection of Sanguinus to save the Blood Angels aren't they?
Also, they said Blood Angels can have Primaris Marines, how did they get there?

At worst they'll do a Wrath of Magnus and just go 'oh not it was so costly our victory boo-hoo' and then nothing will change and the 'cost' will have absolutely no impact ever.

BA will complain about Guillemarines.
They'll win but cry about the cost.
They'll agree to take Guillemarines to replenish losses.

That way GW can show not everyone is happy about them, but still have an excuse to tske them.

As bugs, we don't really care if a splinter gets murdered, they're rarely even named beyond 'a splinter of Hive Fleet X'
One of the few benefits of being the NPC Race.
Overall progress of the Fleets, though, including how far they make it and whatnot, that's important.

>There, the light of the Astronomicon is obscured behind a psychic maelstrom of nightmares and the entire region has been dubbed ‘Imperium Nihilus’, or the Dark Imperium.

Even GW can't spell Astronomican right.

>Dark Imperium
>BA turn chaos confirmed

I'm glad at least half the galaxy has been spared from this Age of Shitmar reboot.

>The Sanguinor goes to Dante
>Turns out Sanguinus' soul still lives in the Sanguinor, and needs only a spark to reignite it.
>But how Sanguinor.
>In a hidden chamber in the fortress monastery there is (INSERT BLOOD ANGELY SOUNDING NAME OF SUPER POWERFUL ARTIFACT WE'VE NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE, BUT TO BE FEATURED IN A FUTURE HORUS HERESY BOOK INTENDED TO BE PRETEND THIS WASN'T JUST PULLED OUT OF THEIR ASS JUST NOW).
>The artifact transforms the Sanguinor in Sanguinus Reborn at great, but ultimately inconsequential cost.
>Sanguinus saves the day
You know it'll happen.

Yes. He returns and the Imperium goes instantly from losing to having a bigger army, better tech and being on the offensive again the moment he touchs down on Terra.

Vulkan was apparently a loser since when the Imperium brought Vulkan back in a time of need he went on one mission and died.

>Valhalla and Mordian on the Dark Imperium side

RIP those regiments

This thing keeps getting closer to Age of Dusk.

You know who doesn't get wanked in their own Codex? Craftworld Eldar. Read their Codex. They practically lose every second engagement.

>And there were people who actually wanted GW to "advance the setting"

Seriously considering refluffing "my dudes" to be on the bad side so I can keep them as grim derp as I like.

Orks are in the same boat. Any time Orks appear there is a 90% chance they will lose, a 8% chance there will be no conclusion and a 2% chance they win (which goes to a 1% chance if Ghazz is involved).

Leviathan is literally thousands of light-years across. It has more than enough forces to split up to attack any target anywhere in the galaxy. And the Hive Mind has specifically targeted the Blood Angels for extermination.

>the cost is the entire Lamenters chapter

So I am guessing in the top right the planet Desperation will become the northern Astronomican for warp travel? Arent the death spectres there?

I wouldnt mind, I think Age of Dusk was an interesting possible future

You mean the

This will be timed to a Pyrrhic BA victory as the Tyranids devour enough marines to produce new horrible organisms.

They shall be named the Blood Tyranids, the most elite of their race and forged through constant war against the greatest of enemies.

Never has the Hive Fleet been so pressed by determined defenders but with new and more powerful elite Tyranid Warrior breeds, the Hungry Crusade will devour all in their wake!

I myself am rooting for devouring Sanguinius' corpse and developing nid-marchs.

No no, they rebuild them fully from super Gullimarines, only for them to hold the line with the guard while the blood angels chapter dosses about waiting for the Sanguinification procedure to complete.

Currently armyless but if this leads to a new Mephiston model I might be all in on BA/Death Company.

Suddenly the Lord of Death himself becomes a manlet overnight thanks to numarines. gr8

Ahahahahah, marinelets btfo yet again

>Implying anyone doesn't job to the magnifcent Imperium

>how did they get there
This'll be easy, at the crux moment of the battle they'll arrive to turn the tide and save the day and earn their place as the true sons of Sanguinius/Roboute.

All the new fluff since Wrath of Magnus has been so shit I can't even tell what is real anymore. They couldn't hire worse people to write this shit.

In my infinite foolishness I thought Gathering Storm would end with the Imperium actually concretely on the backfoot for a change and forced to secede territory to other powers en masse and us to see majorr imperium forces actually lose.

Instead they just lost on Cadia and won everything else and are now apparently already poised to retake Cadia cause, shockingly, apparently most of the Imperium's forces didn't take part in the battle for Cadia and are only now deciding to get into it.

Fuck no please, not everything has to be about Primarchs, bad enough the entire Ynnead plotline got hijacked by Primarchs, and the Beast got hijacked by Primarchs, please let Tau, Necron and Nids stay uninvolved with Primarchs.

>Dark Imperium has none of the good guy factions other than SM
>Dark Eldar can conduct raids with no fear of enemy reinforcements
>Constant Chaos incursions
>afaik The Rock and most of the Dark Angels are in the dark Imperium
>Silent King and his loyal Necrons are in and around Baal

Gimme a dark Imperium trilogy ala Gathering Storm already

The Rock is not far from Armageddon and still within the Imperium, as seen here

Shame I thought it was in Segmentum Obscurus

All three of them :

Is the Dark Imperium still loyal?

>How is Chaos the main threat again?
The way the Imperium sees the other factions right now is as follows:
>Chaos is on the rise (again), so they're the biggest threat of the century/millennia (especially after breaking Cadia and splitting the galaxy in half) because they've caused the most trouble lately

>The Orks are a lot more active than usual, and millions of them from across the galaxy are gathering in the Octarius sector if they're not Waaaghing! all over Armageddon to battle the 'nids, who is currently losing the tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan because of the Octarius War. Ghazzy's on the Warpath, and while Chaos obviously takes priority due to their obsession with Terra, the green tide is certainly a close second in terms of threat level as far as the Imperium's concerned

>The Tyranids of Leviathan can pop up wherever they choose in the galaxy thanks to their approach angle, but are only the dominant threat in the 'Dark Imperium' side of the galaxy since most of its tendrils are popping up in the Veiled Region, and the biggest one it sent out into the Segmentums proper is currently getting krumped by a bunch of angry space mushrooms. Aside from the unpredictable nature of the latest Hive Fleet, they're 3rd in terms of threat level.

>The Necrons are... the Necrons. Not much else to say on that.

>The Tau are the last thing on Guilliman's mind. Probably filed under "Xenos I need to exterminate later" since they're trying to steal worlds right out of his home turf

What's the Age of Dusk?

Can you elaborate? Did you read th article?

Tbqh those 3e models already look like manlets compared to the more recent SM releases. Dante looks like a midget with abs, especially given his pose. Easily added to the long list of character models that need updates.

A side story in Shield of Baal has Dante meeting the Silent King, who is wearing a death mask of Sanguinius, and mentions having met him.

So odds are the Necrons will be involved with whatever ridiculous storyline the Blood Angels have coming up.

Because of this you water headed moron. Chaos in a few weeks did more damage to the galaxy than the Tyranids did in hundreds of years. In a few years, if the Great Rift is not stopped, then reality will be dragged into the Warp and unmade.

40k fanfic where it's 50k, the Tyranids and the Orks go extinct bringing in a new species that combines both traits and devour a third off the galaxy before leaving, Abaddon conquers and corrupts Cadia and races to Terra only to find out the Void Dragon had awakened and laid siege to the whole Solar System. Abaddon couldn't beat the Void Dragon, but he could contain him for a while.
Before all that, however, the Emperor decided "I'm done" and let Cypher kill him. The warpstorm below his Throne goes out of control and floods Terra with daemons a bit after the Custodes and as many holy artifacts and as much of the Terran population as they could carry evacuate to Titan.
Then the entire Solar System becomes Daemon Worlds except for Titan because the Custodes and the Grey Knights hold the siege for 20k years and Mars because the Void Dragon wakes up.

Throughout the whole thing, Primarches both loyal and traitor start appearing, the Black Templars become aligned to Malal, the Blood Angels have Dante succumb to the Black Rage and then become literal vampires, the Ultramarines become despots in Ultramar under I, CATO SICARIUS and I don't remember what happens to every other Chapter.

Damn yes. I really dislike how soon the tide has turned, they should have let Chaos enjoying more having the upper hand

>Following the emergence of the Cicatrix Maledictum, no world in the Imperium has been untouched by war, and there are many thousands of planets that cry out for aid and reinforcement. And that’s on the Terran side of the Great Rift!

"There is peaceful worlds in the Imperium"fahs BTFO.

Age of dusk is the 2nd part of a 50k speculative background piece. See 1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:The_Shape_Of_The_Nightmare_To_Come_50k

and sequentially 1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:Warhammer_60K:_The_Age_of_Dusk

>60k
>the Lion: "no more secrets!"
>so he then proceeds to have two extra "Chapters" made secretly and pulls a lot of secret bullshit

Didn't they also fight a battle with the Necrons against the Nids when the Necrons where still soulless killing machines?

Like we've actually had any grim darkness for the last decade.

Does it mean the Mephrit Dynasty will come to the help of the Blood Angels?

>Dark Imperium
I really want this to be a thing.
>Cut off from the emperor's light, and surrounded by threats it's a frantic fight for survival.
>No means it's too unsavory in increasingly desperate gambles to didn't back the darkness.
>Tech heresy, and dark deals with orks, dark eldar, necrons and even more foul xenos.
>Some desperate commanders even try to pit the dark gods against themselves
>Rumors spread of a renegade faction of Blood Angels searching for a means to resurrect their primarch.

Sort of set the scene up for a brighter Imperium to fight another civil war with is dark twisted cousin. Bonus points for Rowboat vs fallen Sanguinous.

I hope being cut off means Blood Angels don't have to suffer including numarines in their chapter.

At this point I wouldn't mind if BA are squatted. I could stop buying marines at last.

Why are they using the exact same storyline for 40k as they used in AoS?
Is this some kind of meme?

I have an army. Can I field Primaris Space Marines?

Any of the galaxy’s many hundreds of Codex Chapters can use Primaris Space Marines, along with many of the less Codex-compliant ones like Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves.

It verified the 'style' split at least. Grimdark for some, miniature Ultramarine flags for others.