Does Tom Bombadil give zero fucks about Sauron and his bid for world domination...

Does Tom Bombadil give zero fucks about Sauron and his bid for world domination? I would assume Sauron would frown upon idle frolicking in the woods.

Other urls found in this thread:

km-515.livejournal.com/1042.html
lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Theories_about_Tom_Bombadil
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, but what's Sauron gonna do about it. He ain't got shit on Tom.

If you could take over the world, it's safe to assume you could take on a senile wizard

>He doesn't know how powerful Tom is.

>senile wizard
Movie fag detected. Gr8 b8 m8.

km-515.livejournal.com/1042.html

>km-515.livejournal.com/1042.html
>This is another of my speculative pieces

Tom is strong enough that Sauron basically has to take over the entire rest of the world first, and then spend many years building up his power and armies to storm Toms lands specifically.

Tom, and the few other beings like him, would be the very last to fall to Sauron, if indeed they ever do.

So Tom's in the habit of not giving a fuck.

Why would he be so powerful? He's most likely just a rogue Maia who abandoned his duty and went to live in the woods

Books and Tolkien's letters state he isn't.

>Books
Yeah, like where?

I always got the feeling he was some kind of proto-deity, possibly even from outside of the song.

>OP character is a neutral party by himself that nobody can deal with so they just try to not get in his way in case shit hits the fan
Why do I love this shit so much?

Read the council of Elrond, you stupid nigger.

Or just read here: lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Theories_about_Tom_Bombadil

>Read the council of Elrond, you stupid nigger.
Post the quote that says that he's not a Maia, you double nigger.
>Or just read here: lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Theories_about_Tom_Bombadil
Jesus christ, have you read the article yourself or are you just trolling me?

that's not how tolkien writes, snagga. its spelled out in his letters but the books aren't gonna pause for a parenthetical explanation of something that's an intentional enigma to all the characters.

Tom is supposed to represent the old world, everything magical before the age of man. The fury and the lightning and the storm. Everything but Illuvatar pales before him, even Morgoth. If Morgoth can't take him, damned sure bet Sauron can't either.

But what's his or Sauron's tax policy? Do you geta DUI for riding on a horse drunk? Would you go to prison for that?

He believes in a flat tax and low rates on corporations to encourage large businesses to move into his territories.

None; no, no.

See pic related

1) Yes. Tom Bombadil gives 0 fucks. This may be because he is the spirit of Middle Earth itself or Eru's avatar, and either way is unaffected by the concerns of history.
2) Sauron is autistic about enforcing order on a naturally chaotic universe bound to his creator's will, as seemingly are all the Maiar of Aulë. Tom is the least of his concerns.

Actually Tom is more likely Tolkien himself.

Putting yourself into your stories, especially as god, was all the rage. Tolkien's strong religious beliefs made him uncomfortable with that, so when asked he flat-out said Eru is Eru, Tolkien is not.

Makes sense he'd make himself exactly not Eru by being someone else.

yes he is a god.
his time is not yet nor in that era his time is the 6th span of man, we meet him in span 4.

Bombadil is Morgoth

Bombadil is just a character from the bedtime stories that Tolkien told his kids. It's just a crossover reference to give his kids a chuckle.

>hasn't even read the letters and is too lazy for some simple googling
>still shitposts and speaks the lord's name in vain
literal nigger

Tom Bombadil is a fun character because he's that obligatory god tier NPC every DM puts in a game somewhere just to fuck with the players.

Like that one DM here who made a level 30 commonner because players kept stealing pigs or whatever. Bombadil is the failsafe in case the heroes fuck up. It's kind of amusing how DMPC he is, but I don't like the stuff that paints him as an eldritch unknowable evil. He's just Tom, he likes to sing and drink and fuck his weird naiad wife and that's it. And the rest of the world can go fuck itself.