/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VlhQZFTvAn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Emerald Shard, I would work to bring everything back.

(Cross-thread)
For the user from Cleveland:

I'm actually not too familiar with our medieval period, but the area around the rhine has lots and lots of very small castles, pretty much all of them open to the public. Something that's really cool is the medieval market in Ebernburg, the city center is from the middle ages and kept in very good shape. This year's market is 15th to 17th of September, and there's anything from medieval music to medieval food and drink, and of course clothes and actual blacksmiths crafting weapons and tools for sale. They don't have an english website, though.

Besides that, if you're visiting Europe because of its medieval history, you should see Prague. First university in Europe in 1348, and they still have the oldest active synagogue in Europe. And, of course, the castle.

On the question of where you should start your tour of Germay, I'm sorry I can't give a definite recommendation, I've got to admit I have not been around too much within my own country. But you should not start in Berlin. It's very different from the rest of Germany, and in my opinion a rather dirty city. Trier would be a good point, it has a rich history since the times of the roman empire, several World Heritage Sites and is generally a rather nice city.

I'll look into Charleston and Savannah when I get the chance. Safe travels!

You're writing your CYOA. While writing one piece you get two more ideas for something to include, which fit perfectly and you couldn't live without.

I'm writing since September, and my work has grown way too large while not being half finished. How do you deal with that?

Well to be fair you should first learn something to defend yourself unless you want that after a couple of centuries a bunch of people decide to seal you inside the heart of the emerald shard so they can have the shard all for themselves

Finish it and put it in a pdf. That should keep us busy.

>Couldn't live without
Incorrect. You scrap those options if your supposed only other choice is to continually add to something that will never see the light of day. Knowing when to stop is also a skill.

>perfect body & mind
I assume most people pick that too.

Not quite i picked perfect body and entropy buster

Exactly what I'd pick. Concentration and peace of mind.

1/3

A

Yeah, and it's one I'm sorely lacking. I'm still working on the foundation for my core gameplay element, which is society building. But that requires food, goods, structures, defense ... Simulating an entire country (within a single city), especially if you're using concrete mechanics, is terribly comlex. By now I feel as if I were trying to create something like Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri instead. But it's too late to just scrap the mechanics and go with a more fluff focused approach ...

I knew trying to create 'the definite society builder' was insanely ambitious, but I underestimated what I've gotten myself into. A LOT. I'm not even sure my CYOA counts as a CYOA anymore.

Latest version of HoMM III CYOA. Added twice as many artifacts. Added campaigns, still gonna add more on them in the future. Gonna work on either scenarios (shorter, more lighthearted than campaigns) or units next. Feel free to try it out or give some critique. It's gotten too big for one image so I separated spells.

goddamn it
i have to go find my heroes 2 and 3 discs now

Scrap it and salvage what you can keep it saved just in case though

>that font
[Screams]

found sda

What's up with the Fate spam lately? I actually like the CYOA, but it seems to have kicked up basically out of nowhere again.

im trying to figure out how to post it fot someone in /fgog/ and since the filesize is too large im trying to link here

Most successful cyoas get spammed each thread. Waiting for Urban Unease.

I've been tinkering in the layout.css file and found that it's helvetica appearently. But I don't really know what fonts the CYOA maker supports or where it's taking it from. If anyone knows I'd gladly change it to something more appropriate.

I got you famm

>But I don't really know what fonts the CYOA maker supports or where it's taking it from.
I'd think that it uses whatever you have installed.

I would've as a joke, but my file was 9mb.
How? I saved it from here.

Thanks mate. I've still yet to read it.

Whats the word between Novice, but not yet advanced?
Sure as shit ain't advocate but that's the word on my tongue.

maybe thinking acolyte?

Adept? Initiate?

Joke's on you, I only browse two of those boards.

Journeyman

ADEPT! Thank you both.
Think I'll use one of the other two tho.

All the current successful cyoas are going to be forgotten in about 2 months.

>chinese restaurant
>tacos
I mean I like tacos as much as the next fat guy on a d&d binge, but you can't do that.

Hello Rampart. I'd like to have some skeleton unicorns. Your cooperation is not necessary. I have ... plans.

youtube.com/watch?v=VlhQZFTvAn4

isnt the saber CYOA over 2 moths old already?

Fucking kek

I'm not sure if the saber thing is cyoa or some kind of hell portal to dimension of pure autism

Huh. Under Marxist Mice, did he actually mean that they'll trade you Russian goods for cheese and vodka?

its the latter

the 6th true magic which transcends the limitations of the human mind - allowing for unlimited autism

Don't forget journeyman

If it was a portal to a dimension of pure autism it would have way more skills. Seriously it would have pages of skills, I'm pretty sure ath thing only has skills from Stay Night.

Thats what I used. Love ya!

yea - i suggest doing what that guy last time did, which is just ading skills that arent there as appropriate

And its going to be forgotten after 2 months.

Only to get revived again 3-4 months down the line, because autism doesn't die it merely sleeps, interrupted with short bouts of wakefulness.

How many spells do you get?

that which is dead may never die

>Conquering God
PERKS 10/12
>Golden City
>Celestial Court
>God's Spawn
>Loving God
>Mighty God
>Soul Processing
>Afterlife Rewards
>The Fabric of Reality
>The Rule Book
>Untraceable
POWERS 16/18
>Absolute Immunity
>Complete Arsenal
>Concept Manipulation
>Grand Design Construction
>Omnipresence
>Omniscience
>Omni-Negation
>Infinite Storage

COMPLICATIONS +6/+12
>Incompleted
>Breaking

Order of business: Collect my Shards of Power. Have the minor gods swear fealty to me, Negate those who would oppose my design. Claim the Multiversal Throne. Defend the integrity of my Kingdoms.

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange autism even death may die?

C

That's ... technically correct. The best kind of correct.

Generally anybody can learn any spell under level 3 as long as they aren't as dumb as a sack of bricks. You can learn any spell as long as you have wisdom. Aquiring spells can be time consuming though. Mage guilds only have a handful of spells they teach, you'd have to travel around to get the whole package. Scholar helps in that regard.

No point for guessing which I don't. Polite repostan.

how do you kill that which has no life?

I know about the original games, just wondered about how the CYOA tackles that issue.

Mystic Eyes of Death Perception

does the red text always apply or only if you put 3 points in that three?

are you planning on some character customization like race, appearance, whatever?
right now I don't know who I am or what I look like

Cyborg Level 2
Shit Gold Level 2
Chosen of the Norse Gods Level 1

I'm set for life.

This cyoa has issues/problems.

1) There are not enough drawbacks for extra points unless you stick with taylor era as that's 2 of the best point giver and villain for the extra points. Golden Era should have the same slaughterouse and endbringer drawbacks as they were both around during those times too, S9 was even worse then, before the taylor era flee and clone part.

2) Missing classic powers like Pancaea and others, yet has other classic powers like Shard Admin and PtV.

3) Paths aren't very balanced. Get extra points and nice perks from Villain and pisspoor stuff from Rogue, Expensive not really able to buy stuff from cauldron (power wise) and hero was kind of meh. Vigliante seemed fine.

I don't know. Why don't you put a point in math vampirism and find out?

take away their laptops/computers/smartphones for being a very bad boy

I might add a list of spells different factions teach out later on to clarify things and make choices more interesting.

I've been thinking about adding the hero sprites as general appearance choices. As for the hero portraits I'm not sure if I should add them as companion choices, as appearance choices or both.

Hero is amazing if you take power-copying bullshit, since the extra followers can be from Cauldron and thus have the special BS Cauldron powers. Agreed otherwise, though.

The Chosen of the North Gods needs mead. Urgently. Otherwise, I'll take it for the fabulous hair.

mmh i'll go with
1 point norse gods
2 point cat mode
2 point mathematical vampirism

Which CYOAs relatively new and popular today do you think will remain well known a year or two from now?

Mindslaver

Hero Academy

Urban Unease.

Dream World is best world.

is fate remains popular then saber CYOA

Mathematical Vampirism x3
Cat Mode x2

I'm going to have to eat a lot of maths textbooks initially but it'll all work out.

Hero academy is almost one year old user.

Zodiac Brides.

vignette best girl

tl;dr I'm a jaded fuck who can feel nothing, sorry author.

>Art Deco
From what I can tell it doesn't matter which you pick. Why would I care what it looks like from the outside? None of this matters.
>Ground floor
Too lazy to walk up stairs. Again, why would I want to walk up stairs? It doesn't influence the inside of the apartment though the option says nothing of size (neither does the basement apartment).
The cyoa is a little too on-the-nose regarding the supernatural stuff I'm sure will come in the next sections. It's not fun when it's obvious.

>Local businesses:
>Uncle Icky's takeout
I'm lazy and it would be much easier if I didn't have to go to a restaurant then bike home to eat.
>Irregular grocery
I'm lazy
>Apartment gym
Again, lazy. Plus, it's free and somehow bends time.
I don't need anything else so I guess I'll pick
>The Lost & Found
You had me at "find your sense of wonder". Seriously author, I am sorry I can't enjoy this.

The Bar between floors seems a bad choice when you can only visit "very rarely".

I don't have much use for any of the items.
>Items:
>First-aid kit, Multi-fauceted sink, Sentient Microwave,
May as well
>Occupied Mirror
I'm going to assume she looks like a cute, busty and smiling blonde that blushes when she sees me undress. If not I'm smashing that thing, it'll be creepy otherwise.
>Vending Machine
Neat.
I don't need nor have a use for any of the other items.

Apartment clocks says "every floor of the apartment". How big is my apartment?

>vignette best girl(male)

NO!

>vignette
>best girl

>IMPLYING

Didn't mention it because it's not yet done, though I'm not sure 12 waifus can maintain that level of interest ... we need Sebastian.

>tempted to pick between Heaven, Parallel Universe, and Empty World
>probably deserve the endless suffering of Ghost or the oblivion of Nothing

welp

It will maintain interest because it will be the first to come true.

Reminder that if you choose anything other than dream world you are a idiot

>Zodiac Brides
>no husbandos
REEEEEEEEEEEE

sebastien

For posterity, I fap to traps and I admit it's gay.
You're a fucking faggot if you think otherwise.