Favourite Chapter

I've decided to get into 40k when 8E launches and the primaris models look cool so I'm going Space Marines. Sell me on your favourite chapter.

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mentors
1d4chan.org/wiki/Golden_Aquilas
1d4chan.org/wiki/Sanguine_shields
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is only one relevant chapter in 8th edition

Take the knot, brother!

You should go deathwatch

White Scars best boys
>Kickass Jet bikes
>Baddass Space Mongolians
>Pretty Chill, non of the Stoic Autism of Imperial Fists, or Furry Dudebro-ness of Space Wolves, or Self-Centered Arrogance of Ultramarines.
>Primarch was a pretty cool guy who wasn't know for being a fuck-up I. Some way
>Can keep up with and beat DEldar in bike races
>can have Asian influences without going full weeaboo, unlike the Tau
>Amazing 'Staches
The real question is why aren't you already playing White Scars?

The Carcaradons, basically stealthy, silent berserkers who make World Eaters seem charismatic by comparison. Also the only chapter that has a Chapter Master with a pair of combined Lightning Claw Chainfists.

soul drinkers. they believe in the emperor's ideals, but not in the emperor. they are basically non-chaos heretics. Although since they were disowned by the imperium i don't see how they would ever get primaris marines.

That's a fun champ/sang priest conversion with the cup

Dark Angels
> Kickass Terminators and characters
> Kickass Bikes and Speeders
> Plasma and Robes all over the place
> Getting their equipment carried around by little armored and robed guys
> Hating Chaos more than the others
> Liking torture and interrogation thiiis much
> Very, very, very loyal. Like in really, really loyal.

Reclaimers, but only because I am AdMech faggot.
Other than them White scars, because Mongolians on bikes with topknots who are not Sunday cartoon villain.

Loyalist: Imperial Fists (Black Templars)
Traitors: Thousand Sons.
I don't care if that's generic.

Lamenters without a doubt
"For those we cherish we die in glory"

I thought the Soul Drinkers were all dead?

;_;7

I'm big on Mantis Warriors myself.
All the good stuff from the White Scars But with an additional specialty of guerilla warfare and beating shit up. They also have a return from dishonor storyline going on. They've been forgiven for participating in a civil war and are trying to regain their place in the imperium.

startet doing Sigmarines conversion from normal marines and AoS Thundercunts for Crimson Fists.
Not playing 40k right now, but 8th got me lurking again. Primaris Marines look cool though.

Imperial fists
>See that palace? Yanno, the one covered in gold on motherfucking Terra? We built the fucker.
>we got motherfuckin pain gloves. Keep your shit pure famalam
>more loyal than their robes are aight tho
>FORTIFY

Primaris will get their own new chapters so wait for that

Make your own, I want to see more creativity with chapters.

Be creative and make your own user!

>oc donut steel
cringe desu

>Not wanting to have "Your Dudes" in 40k
Who let the faggot in?

Salamanders cause fire and melta

Haven't you learned that Veeky Forums hates creativity. This is the same board that spergs out if anyone plays anything other than a white Anglo Saxon fighter in a standard fantasy setting

Mentor Legion
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Mentors

I approve of going with any Chapter that isn't commonly in the limelight, though.

I like Salamanders because heavy infantry, precision engineering, and medium-close heavy ranged weapons fire.

ultramemes are my boys

I am reading the back story - are they retconning Girlyman so he healed in stasis or some shit?

Salamander! Because fire! And for also being really nice dudes without going into full purity sue mode.

No, they're going with a combination of Eldar death magic and AdMech technomagic.

With Chaos having just bashed down the front door and wrecked the patio, things are getting out of hand for everyone. Necromantic technomancy was the only solution, and it seems it's paid off for the western half of the galaxy.

Same. It's why I like Celestial Lions.

There is only one clear answer.

Ultramarines are imperial fists but better in every way.

Howling Mother-Fucking Griffons

>t. Matt Ward

kys

It's true you though you sack touching fag

Real SM Players play Sons of Malice.

But they're more of a CSM chapter nowadays. Guess you can play them as either. Definitely no NuMarines, though.

Might be best to wait for 8th and see what new pure Primaris chapters / restored chapters are brought into the fluff.

>all these manlets
Opinion discarded

>those proportions

truly, space marines have the laziest design in all of wh40k

Play Red Scorpions if you are man enough to buy the conversion kits/special characters from china

They have plenty of all the best space marine gear (except for terminator armor cause lolTyranids)

They are also totally not loyalist emperors children
they are to pure and loyal to the emperor to be descended from traitors.
I SAID PURE AND LOYAL GOD DAMN IT

Fuck the White Scars. Give back Doomrider's head already so we can get something worth summoning in 8th.

Go Hammer of Ultramar
>first of the new primaris marines to go into the fray
>easy as fuck metallic gold scheme GW has spray and guides for it

Starting with a quartered scheme would be a mistake.

Golden Aquilas. Why settle for just overpowered when you can have OP plz nerf?
1d4chan.org/wiki/Golden_Aquilas

Space Vikings for me. Pack of stubborn drunks looking for the nastiest shit to fight while largely ignoring the other chapters.

OP you should pick the chapter you like the most.
You will be reading their books, you will be painting them. You will be commanding them around the battlefield, so make sure you pick the chapter that YOU like.

Dark Angels, I chose them when I was an edgy teen and I've stuck with them since.

Raven Guard look more and more appealling to me though, I guess they're tied

>playing manlet npcs

Imperial Heralds did it better

Reminder that Space Marines are gay and IG are better.
Needing power armor makes you a faggot.

Also Stormcast are also gay as fuck.

We're wasting gene-seed and get overwhelmed by every force in the galaxy, but at least we saved those 30 miners who would die from radiation in 2 years either way, allowing our enemies to advance and endanger other imperial forces : the chapter

I like martyr aesthetics but you're memeing it too hard senpaitachi

test

i would do celestial lions if they color scheme wasn't the exact same as stormcast, even their iconography is the same with lions

Raptors get camouflage and the common sense to stay shooty in a world where guns exist. It's like being IG and SM at the same time.

Battle-brothers!!
But seriously I love chapters that are a bit more reasonable. Also they are stupid fun to play in kill-team

It's pretty impressive how you ALWAYS turn up to shit on the Lamenters, we get it, you don't like the over-the-top martyrs who don't care about numbers in over-the-top heros who don't care about numbers: the setting.

Imperial Heralds didn't shine so brightly in the warp that people had trouble targeting them.

I think all of them but a couple are dead, yeah. Their chapter master sprouted fucking spider legs or some shit and was captured alive by Imperial Fists, I think?

Are there any specifically asian chapters that aren't the white scars? The idea of a samurai inspired chapter with chain katanas or something ridiculous like that could be cool.

I can't recall any Feudal Japan-themed SM chapters off the top of my head, but that's no reason you can't make your own. 40k's setting is cool like that. It's big. make your own dudes however you want.

Sure shill. Fucking redshirts clutter this board up.

Mantis Warriors are WS successors with a different Asian feel. They all know Kung Fu and have a irreversible medatative battle trance that is like a voluntary version of the Blood Angel's Black Rage. They're cool.

for what purpose would gw try to market on Veeky Forums when you got people like youself that calls everything a shill attempt.

I'm honestly kinda salty about the Soul Drinkers. Mostly because, by complete coincidence, my donut steel chapter has pretty much the exact same color scheme right down to the golden helmets with the only exception being that my purple has a small amount of gold mixed in and gets a layer of gloss ardcoat over it. I've never even read the books and was unaware Soul Drinkers were a thing until people at the LGS in my old town constantly mistook them for the Drinkers. I eventually got tired enough of having to explain it that I just stopped all of them except the captain.

Blood Angels, but Macedonians in Mad Max Australia

1d4chan.org/wiki/Sanguine_shields

Also the embodiment of Astartes as the protectors of mankind, what with protecting civilians at the cost of their own lives and remaining in contact with their families on Nocturne. Do you want a chapter that wields the Emperor's fiery justice while secure in the knowledge that they are safeguarding the Galaxy for His people? Play Salamanders.

Stripped all of them. Not stopped.

Is Veeky Forums ready for the guillpill?

>Alpha Legion bows to Guilliman
>In contact with aeldari
>Possesses psyker-like abilities
>Controls Terra with an iron but fair fist
>Owns planets and fleets globally
>Direct descendant of the Emperor of Mankind
>Will bankroll the first human Webway (the first gateway will be built on Macragge)
>Owns 99% of geneseed editing research facilities on Mars
>First primaris in all likelihood will be ultramarines
>Said to have 215+ IQ, such intelligence in Milky Way has only existed amongst the Old Ones and Sensei
>Ancient eldar scriptures tell of a warrior with a flaming sword who will descend upon Terra and will bring an era of enlightenment and unprecedented technological progress with him
>Commands Mechanicus worlds around the galaxy
>You likely have a primaris behind you right now
>Guilliman is in direct communication with Vulkan and Jaghatai Khan, forwarding the will of the Emperor to Salamanders. Who do you think set up the return of the primarchs (second one in 1000 years) and arranged Khan's first visit to Imperial palace?
>He learned fluent tyranid in under a week
>Chapters entrust their geneseed reserves with the primarch. There’s no geneseed on Sanguinius, only on Konor.
>The primarch is about 10,000 years old, from the space-time reference point of the base human currently accepted by the Imperium.
>In reality, he is a timeless being, existing in all points of time and space from the big bang to the end of the universe. We don’t know his ultimate plans yet. We hope he's a benevolent being.

Would a Primaris even be able to fit on a jet bike?

Blood Ravens, because the are the best SPESS MEHRENS of them all.

You've done it. You actually made that pasta funny.

>New White Scars Primaris battle brother Otganbayar is being fit to find a him a suitable jet bike.
>He's too big to fit on all but the largest jeybike
>the bike will only hover a few feet above the ground with him on it. And sputters constantly from the weight load.
>end up having to call in some of their Iron Hand Brothers to help them jury rig a bigger vehicle out of smaller, obsolete models.
>the whole time, the new Guy is thoroughly embarrassed and apologizing profusely.
>ends up with a macguyvered together super-mobility scooter
>not as fast as his brothers, But the sight of a biker the size of a baneblade is enough to make any enemy shit their pants.

Point of order!
They also love wizards, and sperg out when you play games in which wizards aren't the master race and everyone gets access to magic.

ULTRA

Storm Wardens.
Space bombardments, armored assaults, power claymores, everything about them is awesome without being over-the-top retarded.

I wish they'd get more love.

They died with FFG's license to the 40k RPGs, sadly. No reason not to paint an army to look like them, though.

Imagine fucking Primaris marines not being able to ride a conventional jetbike, so they lash two bikes together, essentially twin-linking them, and use them to pull a Primaris-sized chariot.

>nowthisispodracing.jpg

Sons of Medusa.

Iron Hands successor/break away chapter.
Muh bright green.

Grey!
Knights!
Fuck matt ward tho

If you're looking for codex compliant, however, Iron Hands are the best around, and nobody's ever gonna keep 'em down (followed closely by Black Templars)

>all these cool and interesting chapters
>complicated chapter symbols with no decals

I personally would like to see them painted in stormwardens colours just because i like the colours. Plus carrying broadswords would look cool.

Failing that. Salamanders, Flesh tearers look cool.

I personally will be going custom chapter.

Learn to freehand.
Its not hard it just takes actual artistic talent.

Astral Claws.

Emperor's Shadows. Weeb as fuck. They're an OC chapter, but are kinda pseudo-official because they were featured in an old "How to Paint Space Marines" book.

ALL GLORY TO THE GALACTIC PARTRIDGES! HATERS GONNA HATE

All these replies and not a single right answer

>All either dead or traitors

all correct answers

but the PRIMARIS™© correct answer is to make your own chapter and steal everything from the actual chapter you like. that way nu-gw cant introduce some new retarded fucking lore that completely makes your chapter a bunch of dumb faggots like imperial fists, space wolves, ultramarines, and grey knights to name a few

I came here to post this, and I was even going to say the exact same thing you did.

Just wait for the newest shiniest Primaris chapter.

They will be gold & blue & be Gilly's personal PR chapter, while the Smurfs remain his powerbase

I painted my Tyberos as a Night Lord. Is this Heresy?

Is there anyway a loyalist chapter could contain Horus' geneseed? Like Luna Wolves that remained loyal, or Sons who chose the Emperor over treachery?

Hurons secession from the Imperium had just cause! He described the situation quite well in The Articles of Just Secession.

I always made up my own fluff for paint schemes and my armies, I made up my own IG regiment, my own SM chapter, my own inquisitor, etc etc. So my friend starts painting up Nightlords after reading Soul Hunter, loved the book, and talked about much he loved painting an official chapter.

So when I picked up my Eldar I said fuck it why not and painted them Biel-Tan, even converted my own Macha. Greens my favorite color, so why not? And it was awesome.

Now my craftworld is dead.
THANKS GW

So just remember every time you think your chapter did something so stupid its irredeemable.
Atleast they didnt get invaded by a gigantic storm of slaaneshi daemons after they foolishly let a croneworld witch and her cult on board and all killed.

>just be talented
Great advice

Bitch I told you how to do your chapter symbols the fact that you're not a real artist is on you.

Talent is inherent ability. By definition you can't become a talented artist if you're not one.