What sort of early childcare techniques have you developed, or can think of, for the adventuring woman on the go?

What sort of early childcare techniques have you developed, or can think of, for the adventuring woman on the go?

also post adventuring moms.

first you need an armored crib or Satchel.

then you need things like a sanctuary spell, and endure elements spell.

I don't have any moms so im posting lady adventurers that could have been moms

A good husband in a large, well protected city to take care of the kids whenever you're out bashing dragons heads.

A large city since small rural towns are just begging to have a horde of some sort roll through.

Don't take your baby adventuring. Keep it in the baby dimension.
Stop inserting your fetish into the game.

You could look up what old nomadic people did with their kids

>a good husband
>husband
Czech your fucking privilege

>the adventuring woman

Bit sexist. Male adventurers are just as capable of being a primary caregiver.

Birthright and Conquest really were reaching for that one. Should have just gone "Time travel lol".

>having children is a fetish
To be fair I guess Birthright is the one setting where having kids would be a big deal and might come up commonly.

The most practical options would probably be to hire a nanny who can double as a cook.
At the point that you're having children, AND still adventuring, the party should just invest in a small band of followers to cover all the little things like that.

depends on the setting, if it is a victorian era game like some lovecraft horror, then a women should play a traditional role

in what way will bringing in a child to the story enrich it, and also picking a women, in what way can you better the story by being the opposite sex?

There's GOTTA be some kind of actual historical precedent for this. Didn't Native American women carry their babies in rather sturdy backpack-type things?

There must be good evidence of aggressive nomadic tribes that would have had means of safely transporting babies in hostile environments. How did Mongolian women care for their babies when not in camp?

Bringing a child Along on adventures makes the parents seem both responsible and irresponsible at the same time that's adding depth to the character

Are you kidding? Adding a baby to the mix is practically the archetype for upping the stakes.

Recently lost my character's baby, still feel awful about it.

Check the shelf next to the dryer, that's where I always find stuff.

Yeah, but not into battle. Nomads don't move every single day, they set up camp and then generally move with the seasons or as weather and herds require.

No nomads would ever go into battle without making sure their women and children were somewhere secure, tribes have wide territories to make sure they don't have to move through hostile territory with a bunch of non-combatants in tow. Before a raid or attack, they'd either leave enough men to defend their camp, or make sure the camp is somewhere hidden or located somewhere that provides an escape route for women, children and elderly to run and hide, like near a forest.

The Mongol hordes were largely military deployments, they didn't bring their general population anywhere near the frontlines. Even with Migration Period Germanic tribes, where entire populations were on the move, the men would act as a vanguard and destroy any potential threats, securing the surrounding area long before their dependants moved to a new camp in that area.

Being a wizard helps. You've got a lot of utility spells and familiars make great babysitters.

This lady looks like she pushed out a loveable flesh goblin

W what are some good baby raising spells?

Raise dead

>What sort of early childcare techniques have you developed, or can think of, for the adventuring woman on the go?
Giving the child for adoption and saving it from the fate of being cooked alive because her mom got gutted by orcs.

Alan?

The best place for that baby is right next to its mother. Because if we left it alone in an adoption center the GM can get to it

Nearly all of the kids ended up with severe abandonment complexes because of that.

Remember Soliel, who pretended to be a lesbian so that she could bond with her father so hard that she actually developed a mental disorder because of it?

Baby dimension is the worst place to raise a child.

Not go adventuring for one.

>What sort of early childcare techniques have you developed
Give you baby to Jackie Chan

BBEG killed them in the prologue.

>Keep it in the baby dimension.
Clearly someone hasn't played Fire Emblem Fates.
That's a terrible idea.

No, you must become Jackie Chan. Learn the ways of "want no trable"

God, I loved Awakening's run of it, and i know they couldn't pull the same stunt twice, but holy shit.

In Awakening the kid's angst comes from seeing their parents die, and suddenly having a chance to meet their parents in a happier less shitty time.

In Fates you get hilarious abandonment issues from people dumping their kids into hyperbolic time chambers until they can fight.

Also the implications get worse the longer i think about it. In Awakening, the younger characters aren't having kids right now, it's just gonna happen in the future. In Fates, that means somebody's fucking Mozu, Sakura, and Elise right now and then stuffing them into another dimension until the kid pops off camera. Stop fapping user.