Because the guys in charge of 5e are insane, they've decided to let YOU decide what the next 5e book is going to be...

Because the guys in charge of 5e are insane, they've decided to let YOU decide what the next 5e book is going to be. They're even letting you be in charge of it from start to finish, because you're probably just as good as anyone else, who knows, who cares, not them.

Here's a list of the current non-adventure 5e books.

Players Handbook
Monster Manual
Dungeon Master's Guide

Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide
Volo’s Guide to Monsters

What gap do you think needs most filling?

Other urls found in this thread:

dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/unearthed-arcana-when-armies-clash
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

obviously we need a book on expanded mechanics like mass combat and running a town/castle/city

Well in all fairness, the Unearthed Arcana is hitting a pretty large gap in more unique archetypes and unusual classes/advanced magitech.

Book of Vile Darkness, with a big section on purely fucked-up traps, and plenty of NPC stats and evil items.

Funny that you mention Unearthed Arcana, because-

>mass combat
Here you go.
dnd.wizards.com/articles/unearthed-arcana/unearthed-arcana-when-armies-clash

This. Let the DMs have some building blocks for the evil shit.

Unearthed Arcana really seems set to fill a lot of holes. I just hope they don't make the stuff broken on final release....like they did with practically all the other ones.....

Psionics or a Class Guide. We need more character options.

>What gap do you think needs most filling?

The gap between her legs.

I'd like to see some older settings get re-printed, shit like Dark Sun or Birthright. Something where the game feels different while still being DnD.

Spelljammer Guide. Cause it has been too fucking long

You got it, bud.
5e Modern.

Probably an epic level bestiary/magic item compendium

Right now there really isn't much content for >10th level characters.

Would be nice to get some more stats for Good monsters (especially high-level ones, e.g. avatars of Good deities) so that you can run an Evil campaign.
This would be good too (as long as they made it a bit less cringe than the 3e BoVD)
5e Dark Sun would be great
Agreed

Since I already know they're doing a big rules expansion book? And that this expansion will have Psionics and likely an Artificer?

A meaty setting omnibus that covers Eberron, Dark Sun, Greyhawk, and perhaps one or two others, with each setting section having about fifty pages of lore in a digest format, plus maps and a page or two introducing setting-specific mechanics or what alternate rules to use from the DMG or rule expansion.

Rules compendium.

With boat loads of random charts

>anal circumference

You evil fuck.

ALRIGHT BOYS
WE'RE PORTING THE TOME OF FUCKING BATTLE
EXCEPT WE'RE ALSO GOING TO ADD GISHY OPTIONS

Something like the 1e/2e deity books. 300+ pages on hundreds of gods, worship rituals, attributes, relics, etc.

There's actually tons of stuff for 10+ characters, largely because even low level stuff still remains relevant even at higher levels.

I recently put a 12th level party up against a few kobolds, and they still had a hard fight. Even CR 5 monsters are still pretty big threats to them, and there's also more leeway for throwing monsters higher than their challenge rating against them.

While some more high level monsters wouldn't be unwelcome, I think there's plenty of stuff just by looking at the lower levels.

Define "few".
Also elaborate on the terrain and tactics, because those make sixteen tonnes of difference.

>*malicious laughter*

A few was seven, and they were in a place with a fair amount of stuff to hide behind, though that honestly didn't matter that much. Most of it was just action economy and the unfortunate circumstance of the wizard underestimating the kobolds and not just throwing down a fireball.

They honestly could have mopped up the lot with no real effort if they had just used some of their spells and costed abilities, but they thought they could get by just by relying on cantrips and other costless abilities.

How did the PCs not just kill two or three kobolds a turn? Kobold AC is trash and cantrips/martials are getting multiple shots/attacks at that level.

A few early bad rolls, and even taking down a kobold each turn left them with facing somewhere around 20 attacks by the third round, and by the fifth it was enough to drop the wizard. Luck may have been a part in this, but throwing down a fistfull of attacks made several crits possible.

It was a three-person party, which might have been a major reason that it turned a little against them, but they still triumphed in the end. It was just much harder than creatures with a CR of 1/8 might initially make one think it would be.

Even though there were way too many of them, I always liked flipping through the huge catalog of supplements. I'd like to see another Lords of Madness or Heroes of Horror.

Book of Lots of Swords: now featuring daily powers for martial classes

Dark Sun saw love in the last edition. A fresh look at Birthright would be very welcome though.

A mix of a new players handbook and a new monster manual. Adds 2 archetypes for each class, maybe 1 subrace for some races like elves or dwarves, A solid amount of new races, new feats, and then more of the really odd creatures and just normal real animals. I feel both of those didn't get alot of love in the monsters manual.

Magic of Incarnum time.
I don't care how bad of an idea it is.

>just normal real animals.

I feel like we got plenty of those, using the "counts as" business.
Is there really anything that's missing?