Girl with functional unattractive armor

>girl with functional unattractive armor
>girl with sexy bikini armor

pick one... NAY I SAY !

give me examples of girls in sexy AND functional armor ! bonus points if they are wearing a helmet and you can still tell they are attractive and the armor still boasts the wearers femininity.

Let us design a female armor that is both protective and appeasing to the eye !

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ASoT_95j29A?t=18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know, the picture is not 100% accurate because of boob plates.
let's try to find a work around that !

The second shielding magic exists, you can fight nude and be better protected than fullplate mcsteelcunt because martials suck and their crude ways of protecting themselves suck even more.

Go to bed Steve. You're tired.

Realistic armor is practically my fetish. I'll drop some stuff.

That's everything I've got. It's not 100% realistic but it's something.

that it is, thanks user !

I have a dump

yes yes we all know wizards and sorceress have the excuse to whore around. But this is not about them.

>my fetish
If more people were as sincere we wouldn't have this stupid argument so often and just enjoy a thread looking at pretty pictures.

Last one. Most of what I have otherwise is cheesecake.

Remember, the abs are part of the armour.

Problem is, if an armor is sexy, it's not functional. Boobplates are more lethal than having no armor at all.

I pick BOTH. You stick your slutty chaotic alignment DPS class in slutty armor and put your virgin pure support waifu in battle maiden gear.

READ NIGGA !

Its not about outlining the body or showing skin.
Its about imagining the strong, lean, athletic female body covered in sweat under that full plate.

This always had me wondering.
How effective would Samurai armor be if it was made out of metal plate instead of lacquered wood?
How effective was normal samurai armor in the first place?

Practical armor fans are like vegans. They love shoving their preference in your face and yell at screech autistically if you don't like the same thing.

Not an expert, but saying "samurai armor" is like saying "knight armor". There were different types, the armor developed throughout its use. Later on they even use metal cuirasses.

Yes, but we are better then you because we have truly patrician taste. You love your whore outfit because you are a pleb, a lesser being. While we try to lift you up, you ignore us in favour of your banal images. Your self deprecation triggers us.

Having no armor between your shoulder and thigh isn't really a big problem for duels and small skirmishes if you've got a nice shield.

But they did? Samurai armor was mostly made of iron and leather my dude.

>Yes, but we are better then you because we have truly patrician taste. You love eating meat because you are a pleb, a lesser being. While we try to lift you up, you ignore us in favour of your banal images. Your self deprecation triggers us.
Just as full of themselves as vegans too.
Whenever I see "Samurai armor" It's always the same style of leather or lacquered plates woven together and overlayed. I've never seen a metal plate, save the samurai from Fire Emblem Fates

I like both for different reasons, contain your autism.

Those lacquered plates? They're iron. Lamellar armor was super popular in Japan.

It just tells me "you can only rest at night"

Yeah, just mess with the system settings it's cool

The nips got influenced a lot by yurops during the 16th century. They got matchlock rifles, (some) cannons and some samurai would also go for very euro like armour.

You don't really lacquer metal, more often that gets put on wood or leather for waterproofing, but I didn't realize those were iron. I was under the assumption that it was all mostly leather and wood mostly because Japanese media itself told me the plates were wood for some reason

It was done for much the same reason you'd lacquer anything else- iron armor rusts like a mother fucker especially in a country with as much coastline as Japan. It's odd that the wooden armor myth has persisted so long, though I suppose some of the decorative half masks could have been wooden.

Is the armor called castle?

aside from shields, wooden armor was never really a thing for the most part, or at least surviving relics.
the most advanced wooden armor seems to be the armor used by the tglingit, which famously defeated early russian rifles.
another similar armor that instead of being made of fencepost-like slats, using dowel-like rods, was developed in the same-ish area on the west coast of BC and Alaska.
basically both are just wooden splintmail

Samurai never used wood armor

Wood armor was used in Japan but the use of it died out before the Samurai came into existence

It's like asking if our modern military would be improved if they switched from black powder to smokeless

Remember that you can't have realistic female armor if they're a dent in the breastplate for cleavage. In real life that dent would be the perfect place to thrust a sword and strike straight to the heart.

Requesting dress-armor.
I've some somewhere that I'll post when I find it, but I mean armor that's got a dress sticking out of it. You know what I'm talking about.
No Saber please.

And the sword would then get stuck in the metal without properly going through, and she wouldn't feel what little DID penetrate the armor because of the layer of chainmail underneath the plate but on top of the thick gambeson that's there to absorb blows.

my opinion, make a armor have a "bulge" area where the breasts are yet make it of about equal size throughout the chest area these are a good example for what I mean.

the other pic didn't show

If you can drive your sword through tempered steel with enough force to get 3+ inches deep, past a plate, and a gambeson, and whatever else they've got on, you're not worried about finding a weak-point.

What if boobplates were angular.

>mostly because Japanese media itself told me the plates were wood for some reason
Where the hell did you even hear that? Maybe they were talking about wooden "cover" for the actual armor that could be painted?

This is a speculative lie made up by some video game journalist acting like an armchair historian to try and rationalize his hatred for sexy armor.

It has absolutely zero truth to it.

another idea I have is to add more or have "Thicker" looking hip guards for the armor like some of these pics.

Shoo jackposter

Fire Emblem. One of the supports was basically three conversations of "Muh Jidaigeki." the first one was about not!Samurai arms and armor.
youtu.be/ASoT_95j29A?t=18
18 seconds in is the start of the conversation

After I did some research on google I found the full picture of this gal.

Now my question is if this armor actually be any good in a real fight or would the curve act as a weak spot for axes and blunt weapons ?

And right after I posted that I realized she never said wood, but from what I knew it from, lacquer is most commonly used when referring to wood. Not to mention "hardened lacquer" doesn't sound like something you would need to make metal armor.

So that was my misunderstanding of things. Whoops.

>hardened lacquer
In itself this has no meaning at all. Literal hardened lacquer would be, well, the coat of lacquer you see in lacquered objects, and it would of course be extremely brittle.
Very strange piece of dialogue. It might be a bad translation, or a case of Japanese devs not knowing their history.

Muh nigga

You realize that armor is curved so that those things can't find purchase on a flat surface, right? That's why a lot of armor has an outward bulge, sometimes even a "potbelly" look.

The curve like that is correct, because it makes it more likely to deflect off the armor.

>inb4 one autist screeching about how she never fought in battle so her armor can't be good

Yup, it's a weird line, see for my admittedly wrong reasoning.

>functional
>doesn't protect the neck

Titplate is a crime against life.

If you're going to wear a bikini, just wear a bikini. Metal seems like it would be very uncomfortable.

When you write "curve" are you referring to the part of the armor covering the waist?
The main problem with her armor is that it´s to restrictive, her Plackart goes way to far down and would make it hard to impossible to bend at the waist. (I think it´s suppose to be a plackart but it might just be a really weird cuirass.)

The skirt part of the plackart may be hinged or just made to look like it is, if so it migth be easier to move in then it looks.
Still look restrictive thou.

As for how protective it might be, well, there probably isn't that much space for deformation of the armor around the waist so any strong blow too the midriff might cause it to buckle and break a rib or two.

I can't comprehend the appeal.

Good lord, the detail on that face is insane.

Real girls in real armor are nice, too.

Always remember: you can't fuck them if they're dead. So protect your girls and their tits.

>armor of quivering

This has been proven false.

>you can't fuck them if they're dead
>Implying

Breasplates don't need to be any different than they are, buy a fucking fencing plate and test for yourself. The shape deflects hits towards the shoulders and away.

Try to stop me.

>Always remember: you can't fuck them if they're dead
This fag serious?

>sorry, had to fix critical typo

First, actually getting a centerline thrust against a resisting target is fucking hard.

Second, a cut would have no effect, because to get to there you'd have to cut through the torso and shoulders.

Third, 3/4ths of each boob cup is a deflective surface AWAY from the mid-boob shot trap. Only the central-facing quarter of the boob cup will actually channel a blow into the mid-boob region.

Fouth and finally, why the hell is it so hard to imagine a smith doubling the armor thickness in the 1.5" wide x 3" high area of the shot trap? Or fuck, even near tripling it? So the normal ~0.8mm-thick steel becomes a full 2+ mm, and becomes essentially impenetrable from anything a person can reasonably carry save a lance (which with a horse's weight behind it would penetrate even normal plate anyway) or a ballista?

Boob cups are non-optimal in a bunch of ways, but they aren't an instant death sentence the way internet autists fondly believe. They're just some added weight, cost, and manufacturing time to the armor, and an advert that you're a female on the battlefield. They aren't in any way equivalent to outright "bikini plate" like the shit illustrated in .

>Getting hit with arrows
>2017

No, it's just called Rathian Armor. The fuckoff huge shield and lance is afaik custom for the fanart because iirc Rathian doesn't have a lance line, but I'm not a lance expert.

I imagine 20-30 years from now, when boob-plate and the chainmail bikini are all but gone, because people complained about sexism now. There will be a great shift to resurrect these two forms of armor in art.

>using a longsword and nothing else without wearing full plate or at least having a main battle weapon
>not having a shield
>being a lefty on top of it
This is how plate bikinis get you killed.

boob plates are also an example of fags not understanding how breasts work

they don't just float in position like exaggerated drawings imply. women buy specific types of bras for sports because they are blobs of muscle that don't want to stay still. they're not going to float inside metal cups while the fighter is flailing a weapon about and twisting her torso. the tits wouldn't stay inside boob cups during real movement. they'd slip out and she turned her torso and would probably cause pain and pinching.

standard chest plates would make sense and allow movement after the breasts have been properly bound against the chest. the point of bras is to keep breasts from moving and absorb impacts. they're not static cup holders. they move with the body and metal cup holders don't do that.

unless she's some no-boob japanese man-girl and the boob cups are just meaningless design to add additional weight to her armour there's no value to them.