What sort of clothing/armor does your space wizard dress up in when they are out and about?

What sort of clothing/armor does your space wizard dress up in when they are out and about?

>implying clothes are necessary at all in the advanced climate control and enlightened cultures of the far future

You nearly took me on a ruse cruise and blew my fuse

God that game was so disappointing.

So what you're saying is, everyone in the future is naked?

Call me paranoid.

My body is my dress.

So wizards are typically trained in a school or university of some sort right? Why don't their robes have their schools symbol on it? Or seeing a wizard with a sweater with their school on it and people wondering if you went there but really you just liked the team (all of the blade wizards are sport playing jocks)

Space clothes. Maybe a space jacket if there might be a meteor shower on the way to the space mall but just wearing a space shirt and space jeans is ok if you bring a space umbrella.

Necessary? No.

But they allow me to state from an initial glance that I am wealthy and powerful and have immaculate taste.

holy hell that's sexy

>t. JK Rowling

The biggest suit of armor I can find.....and maybe mechs

I'd say the more standard fantasy would be master to apprentice rather than magic academy. So if anything a lot of their gear would have symbols of their masters.

>they allow me to state from an initial glance that I am wealthy and powerful

Primitive posturing not fit for an enlightened society.
This is the mentality of some yokel from the border colonies, where they haven't yet mastered themselves or their environment.

>when enlightenment means being a cuck and being self assured is primitive

lol numales

My space wizards come from a society where everyone wears loose transparent silk robes with almost nothing underneath.
They are all a bunch of androgynous, long-lived sociopathic assholes but they are not elves.

Almost certainly something like because they spent years studying at an academy to master the magic they've mastered, and they want you to know it. They're elitist assholes who speak to each other in that dead language English so the "uneducated" can't understand, have elaborate and esoteric rituals for dozens of occasions, and rarely leave their academies for purposes other than research. Still, they can blast a ship apart with a few words, a wand, and a gesture or three.

This reminds me of a minor bit of world building from a book called Nova. Basically vaccines and antibiotics have gotten so good that people don't need to worry about a lot of minor hygiene stuff. For example, spacers often don't wear shoes because having your toes to help you grip things can be handy in zero-g. I remember this being brought up by a character that was an old Earth history buff talking to a friend who was eating a hot dog with his foot or something and commenting about how grossed out their ancestors would have been. If I remember correctly he ate the rest of his friend's hot dog.

Look on the bright side! That just means that those 'primitive and unenlightened' border worlds can beat the shit out of the decadent naked empire and fracture it into a hundred feuding, petty, unenlightened kingdoms that act much more in line with every observable human behavior for the last 10,000 years.