sgiz.mobi/s3/6a608a27c7c9

>5etools:
astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Previously, on /5eg/
Was giving Fighters three extra attacks a mistake? Because it's so powerful, WoTC is afraid to give their archetypes abilities that actually matter. This is why Purple Dragon Knight sucks.
Extra attacks beyond the first should have been Champion feature only.

Other urls found in this thread:

homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S1m7nEU8eZ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone's feeling touchy.

Nah if anything they should have given Extra attack 1 to Rogues at lvl 11-ish and Extra attack 2 to all other martials at that level.

4 attacks is not the problem, 8 attacks with action surge and GWM on the other hand...

that said, i think it's somewhat fine, because you are sacrificing doing pretty much anything else to just getting more attacks and stuff.

if only champion gets 3~4 attacks, then buff third tier battle masters and EK accordingly.

What's a good archnemesis for an Oath of Conquest Paladin of Kossuth?

>most interactions that would ordinarily require a full Action now only require a single attack
>if you have multiple attacks through Extra Attack, you can drink multiple potions, toss multiple items to party members, open or close or (un)lock multiple doors, flip multiple tables, and so on
>or drink a potion and attack
>all Rogues get Fast Hands for free, Thief gets some other shit
Thinking of something like this to give the martials in my group more variance in what they can do in combat beyond "swing at the guy". I know there's plenty that can be done outside of that, but being some kind of speedy object manipulation master would just crank that up to the nines and open the doors to the less imaginative players trying some stuff out, whereas previously only the "FightGyver" is playing mental billiards with every enemy and object in the room.

all martials get a second or third tier damage increase though.

it's supposed to balance it out, but again, action surge+extra attacks with GWM/SS blows everything out of the water.

leaves you thinking, just how much better is a fighter at attacking that it can get four times the number of attacks that even the best of barbarians or paladins can?

Daily reminder that Critical Role are hacks and the HighRollers are going to wipe the floor with them.

A revolutionary or 300 spartans.

What's the point of giving rogues extra attack? Any good rogue will be looking to build their character to always have advantage to trigger sneak attack, so they'll always get the first hit and the sneak attack on it. That second attack is practically 100% a waste.

A peaceful monk.

Yet everything's balanced, except for barbarians and monks (And monks aren't supposed to be damage dealers anyway)

Instead, rogue is now great for multiclasses because of not having extra attack and there's decent reason to multiclass outside of some of the classes like barbarian.

CR got me into D&D. Can't be all bad. What's High Rollers?

Well Barbarians, Monks, Rangers and Paladins would certainly love to get their hands on Extra Attack 2.
Paladins mostly rely on smites for damage.
Rangers are reliant on their subclass features and shitty arrow spells.
Barbarians could get the most out of this with their rages.
Monks would finally regain the title of the class with the most attacks which would make things like Hexmonk godly.

>Yet everything's balanced, except for barbarians and monks (And monks aren't supposed to be damage dealers anyway)
>Monks aren't supposed to be damage dealers anyway.

No reason for them to deal less damage in melee than a rogue tho.
One is a common criminal and the other trained to be able to punch through walls.

Oh look, it's retarded.

They're a Yogscast D&D podcast. They're quite good and have a pretty decent following.

What's a Yogscast?

>yogshit
No thanks, I had more than enough of that shitlordery when those yogstation faggots kept leaking to our server.

>Deal less damage in melee than a rogue

Barbarian, levels 1-10, is the highest damage martial class on average.
Rogue, levels 1-10, is the 2nd lowest (Above monks) damage class on average.
After level 10 rogues get a bit better and barbarians don't go anywhere but barbarians are still easily better for damage.

>One is a common criminal and the other trained to be able to punch through walls.
I'd rather not have a retread of "Well obviously this class should be more powerful, he can warp reality with his mind. That class just swings a piece of metal around really hard."

aren't the yogscast the ones who got found to have a pedophile among their members?

I enjoy CR it was the breaking point that got me into D&D. So if anything that's good.

Repeating art? Do you just have a folder of 5 grey background pieces or are you spamming your own stuff?

I think i'm gonna use this one for my Pally. Thanks user.

Wow such mindbogling sickness to give monks Extra attack 2 at lvl 11 at a point where they fall far behind other classes in terms of dealing damage.

Even WotC said the class was supposed to get Extra Attack 2 and a d10 Hp die.

No clue. But then again, who doesn't at this point? I just watch the High Roller stream.

Fuggoff Orion

Just asking again just for more points of view.

Don't Half-Orcs have that as a racial?

If anything they just come off that way
>want some Jaffa Cakes lil boy?

An Oath of Ancients Paladin of Kossuth.
Remember: Kossuth has three knightly/paladinly Orders following different alignments (and also three Monk monasteries which aren't really related to the knightly orders but follow the same alignment/naming scheme anyway). They're all Lawful, but there's the Evil guys (Salamander), the Neutral guys (Pure Flame), and the Good guys (Phoenix).

The Good guys spend all their time trying to undo the damage that their "overzealous" brothers do in the name of spreading Fire everywhere. Rather than focus on the destructive elements of Kossuth's doctrine, they preach purity, wisdom, and self-improvement. Fire, if controlled properly, is not an indiscriminate destroyer; it can be used to burn away only that which is impure and to change or refine objects and people and bring them closer to the perfect form and function that Kossuth intends for them and the world.

Such a Paladin wouldn't just try to rein in the Conquest Kossuthan because he's being a douche and giving Kossuth a bad rap, but try to reform him and focus his efforts to more constructive pursuits. "Yes, bringing the entire continent under the blazing gaze of Kossuth is a noble goal, but let's try it without murdering half the populace. I know it's harder that way, but doing things the hard way is half the point of following Kossuth. Suffering makes perfect. If we incinerate everyone, they've learned nothing; they should be lightly singed instead."

Nah I don't disagree with that, I'm just tired of that argument and the shitstorms it's led to.

Heheh... I see what you did there... I miss Tiberius though...

An antipaladin. A Conquest paladin does evil out of necessity. An antipaladin is evil for the sake of being evil.

I really liked in the beginning but when some players stopped showing up things get out of control + the story lost the importance and impact.

This is also good, and I think I'll use that one too. Perhaps a Dragonborn Monk?

Adventure Zone is much better than High Rollers tho

Why are you such a little bitch. Tell therm straight you're a quitter so they won't have to waste time.

You better not be the colossal autist who shits over the UA ranger for no reason.

>A Conquest paladin does evil out of necessity.
Have you READ it's code? Conquest paladin does evil because conquering and opressing people is fun. There's a reason they're called hell knights.

>Hell Knights
that's only the Conquest Paladins under Bel. Some Conquest Paladins can be Good, because their actions are directly good, just enforced by strength.

>Tenets of Conquest
>A paladin who takes this oath has the tenets of conquest seared on the upper arm. A hell knight's oath appears in Infernal runes, a brutal reminder of vows to the Lords of Hell.
>Douse the Falem of Hope. It is not enough to merely defeat an enemy in battle. Your victory must be so overwhelming that your enemies will to fight is shattered forever. A blade can end a life. Fear can end an empire
>Rule with an Iron Fist. Once you have conquered, tolerate no dissent. Your word is law. Those who obey it shall be favored. Those who defy it shall be punished as an example to all who might follow.
>Strength Above All. You shall rule until a stronger one arises. Then you must grow mightier and meet the challenge, or fall to your own ruin.

>All of this
>Good
Really makes you think.

>the only path to peace involves mass genocide
>directly good
I don't really have time to get into a whole morality debate here since my session starts in 18 minutes,
but you're wrong and gay so there.

>inb4 "there's nothing evil about making people live in constant fear for their lives and crushing hope"
>even if making people fear for their lives is explicitly evil and the other paladin oaths which are clearly pretty good (not Vengeance) take the exact opposite approach and tell you to kindle and protect hope, show mercy, and not to be a douche

The non-evil paladins of conquest exist. They are called paladins of the crown.

>The Oath of the Crown is sworn to the ideals of civilization, be it the spirit of a nation, fealty to a sovereign, or service to a deity of law and rulership. The paladins who swear this oath dedicate themselves to serving society and, in particular, the laws that hold society together. These paladins are the watchful guardians on the walls, standing against the chaotic tides of barbarism that threaten to tear down all that civilization has built, and are commonly known as guardians, exemplars, or sentinels. Often, paladins who swear this oath are members of an order of knighthood in service to a nation or sovereign, and undergo their oath as part of their admission to the order's ranks.
>Tenets of the Crown:
>The tenets of the Oath of the Crown are often set by the sovereign to which their oath is sworn, but generally emphasize the following tenets.
>Law: The law is paramount. It is the mortar that holds the stones of civilization together, and it must be respected.
>Loyalty: Your word is your bond. Without loyalty, oaths and laws are meaningless.
>Courage: You must be willing to do what needs to be done for the sake of order, even in the face of overwhelming odds. If you don't act, then who will?
>Responsibility: You must deal with the consequences of your actions, and you are responsible for fulfilling your duties and obligations.

Literally just have them do a Strength (Intimidation) check.

All I know is that if I were playing a non-Conquest Paladin and I beat up a bunch of bandits, dragged them back to town, set 'em up in the town square, called everyone out to look, then started executing them by crucifixion / hanging / immolation to serve as an example towards any other bandits or people with ill intentions in the community, my DM would be making a note that my character is on the path to an Evil alignment shift.

And he'd make a second note once I started threatening the town militia and the mayor to give me complete control over the levy so that I can whip these sorry suckers into a proper fighting force and use it to extort funds and obedience out of the frightened townsfolk.

>A paladin who takes this oath has the tenets of conquest seared on the upper arm. A hell knight's oath appears in Infernal runes, a brutal reminder of vows to the Lords of Hell.
Where does that appear? I can't see it on the UA anywhere.
>Douse the Flame of Hope. It is not enough to merely defeat an enemy in battle. Your victory must be so overwhelming that your enemies will to fight is shattered forever. A blade can end a life. Fear can end an empire.
Isn't striking fear into the hearts of your enemies something heroes do?
>Rule with an Iron Fist. Once you have conquered, tolerate no dissent. Your word is law. Those who obey it shall be favored. Those who defy it shall be punished as an example to all who might follow.
Just because something is undemocratic doesn't mean its evil.
>Strength Above All. You shall rule until a stronger one arises. Then you must grow mightier and meet the challenge, or fall to your own ruin.
Might makes right is a fairly set in stone law of nature.

Not him, but. First sentence under Tenets of Conquest... You might want to make an appointment with your optometrist.

>Where does that appear? I can't see it on the UA anywhere.
You might want to get your eyes checked, then.
>Everything else
I don't know if it's funny or sad.

guys i'm addicted to creating characters, i can't stop. i have more characters than is practical to ever play. i suppose it's good to have them in the can for when i need one fast or if i'm ever DMing and wanna fluff up the world, but damn, i just can't stop. i get an idea in my head and five minutes later i'm scrawling on a character sheet. I just really, really love concocting backstories and making playable characters to fit. I get a big sense of satisfaction from marriages of form and function.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

>guys i'm addicted to creating characters
This is fine as long as you're not planning out level 20 builds for them.

Yeah, I did that alot. Becoming a DM broke it though.

If I did the first part my GM would say it's solid lawful good. Divinely anointed judge publicly executing outlaws? Classic LG. Threatening the mayor isn't nice, but neither is law, or good.

He's a Gygaxian tho.

>Sometimes called knight tyrants or iron
mongers, those who swear this oath gather into grim orders that serve gods or philosophies of war and well-ordered might. Some of these
paladins go so far as to consort with the powers of the Nine Hells.
Why would they have this sentence imply they can achieve neutrality, then that one that states outright they must be aligned with Evil a few sentences later?

At least read the damn stuff before trying to be edgy.

>He's a Gygaxian tho.
See, that's completely different.

>trying to be good
>trying to be edgy
pick one

Most are level 1, a few are level 5, none are over 10, just because when my group does one-shots with one-off characters, that's the kind of range we have.

Neutral Evil?

>"I don't want to start at level 1 it's so boring"
what compels people to have opinions like this

but it says that some go AS FAR AS to consort with the nine hells, that implies that its rare for them to do so. Then a couple of sentences later it says they all do that. Why?

Level one being boring, mostly.

Forgot pic.

Oh geez, maybe because this is Unearthed Arcana and the rules are kinda loose. But one thing looks crystal clear here: This guys aren't nice.

Consider this. On level 1
>Most classes don't have an archetype yet
>Paladins don't have smites or spells
>Sorcerers don't have metamagic
>Druids don't have wildshape
>Warlocks don't have invocations
>Fighters don't have action surge

There's a reason most games either start on level 3, or get there within the first session. It's the level where your class gets it's most defining features.

Because level 1 sucks?

Publicly executing bandits would fall under Lawful Good in my view as well. Definitely on the Lawful side, but I'm not really seeing anything that would make it anything worse than Lawful Neutral.

Now, threatening the mayor, on the other hand, starts veering away from Lawful pretty hard and pretty quickly, unless the Paladin is acting as an agent of a higher authority like a count or something.

Where does it say that? Seriously.. glasses, dude.

>Mfw the producers force the players to try and recreate the success of CR
>All because everything has to follow a full proof formula or be considered too risky

>tfw I don't even own a cellphone and the first level is boring

>most games either start on level 3, or get there within the first session
Nigga, please. That's ridiculous. The point of D&D is to start as a nobody and become a god. If you get a bunch of cool shit up front, where's the incentive?

Some people can't be helped.

Yogsstation was associated with the yogscast only around its founding. It's just a name now.

>yogscast

>The point of D&D is to start as a nobody and become a god
Where did you get that wild idea from? I'm pretty sure the point of DnD is to kill monsters and be heroes.
>If you get a bunch of cool shit up front, where's the incentive?
No, playing a figher who can only hit people once per round, every round, for the entire session, is ridiculous.

It says it right here.

I meant the second part. That everyone was a hell knight.

Well forgive me for wanting character development. I don't want to feel like a hero when I start. I should have to earn it. I bet you use cheat codes.

>I miss the power gaming always have to be in the spot light cancer patient

Then again the only people worth watching on that show are Travis and sometimes Sam.

Then you are free to start at level 1.

I'd take Orion's power-gaming over Vax's EMO bullshit any day. Orion could improv. Tiberius vs Scanlon arcane quibbles? That was gold.

What type of things do your monsters and dragons hoard, /5eg/?

What's higher level (like 9+) warlock play like?

I will probably play a Hexblade but I want to know what I should expect. I'll have a Flametounge to start off with at level 9, so I'd imagine a combination of elemental weapon and Armor of Agathys is going to be my bread and butter

From my experience, you are even more irrelevant than on early levels. Our party's warlock started as a very questionable caster, but as the game progressed, he turned into a complete joke.
I don't know if it's a thing in different campaigns, but it coloured how I see warlocks.

remarkable brains.

money and power
because man is the real monster

Fragrances

Is that a woman?

Vax is complete garbage as a character mostly because any progress made back slid once the whole Raven Queen thing happened.

I just hope they hurry up and hit the end of the campaign to make new characters. I want to see Travis play someone who actually has intelligence because you can see when they make plans it physically hurts him.

I mean two attacks per turn at +11 to-hit, 1d8+2d6+2d4+5 + proficiency if they're cursed + crit on 19-20 doesn't seem too bad man

It does just seem like they don't have enough spell slots, actually I find it completely ridiculous that they have two fucking slots to their name until level 11. Sure you get them back on a short rest but how many short rests are you getting a day?

I think the whole class kinda needs a revision honestly, compared to full spellcasters they do just kinda come off as a joke

Travis really is wasted on Grog, I want to see him play an eldritch knight with 18 int or some shit like that

I've got a green dragons screwing with the party right now. He and the current main antagonist, a count, both believe they've got the upper hand in the deal they struck. The dragon, as a result, considers the count, and by extension the entire county, to be his "hoard," along with his business interests and the individuals he more directly possesses, being fond of "hiring" unusual people while disguised as a human.

He briefly but effectively manipulated the party, and would dearly like to reacquire their services, whether they know they're providing them or not. So his real interest as far as "hoarding" goes is collecting the services of others, even - or especially - if they don't realize they're helping him. He thinks it's hilarious. Second to that, he likes to collect actual, living beings, notably several hundred lizardfolk slaves, and as many seriously oddball races with unusual skills as he can find. He briefly attempted to buy the party's Dragonborn while disguised as a human.

In strictly material terms,being a green dragon he owns a ton of oddball stuff. He's particularly fond of human and elvish artistic creations, and his human alias is notorious for obtaining really, really tacky statues. His actual lair is much more tastefully decorated, and if/when the party finds it they'll be surprised to find that it's a pleasantly furnished area that wouldn't seem out of place in an elvish palace. Most of his treasure hoard is art, carefully - even obsessively - positioned around the lair. He likes gold, but prefers it to look like something, and is in the process of melting down most of his gold to make a statue of himself.

Yeah, anything with decent intelligence would really let him shine and reveal that most of the cast are complete idiots. It sucks that Talisen is the highest intelligence in the group because he hardly uses it.

Green dragons are my favorite because, just look at that art, you can immediately tell how cheeky those fuckers are.

user's high powered growing magic item Quest Continues!

>homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/S1m7nEU8eZ

Virtuous Calamity changes
>Made Calamity's End once per long rest.

The Martialist
>Lowered the Awakened Lightning Bolt spell DC.

Loreweaver changes
>Dropped the 1d6 thunder damage
>(Anyone have a better idea for a final form improvement instead of the dice size increase?)

I was thinking to use Critical Role's Mythcarver's ability and give the Bard advantage on attack rolls with the weapon until the end of their turn if they use their Bardic Inspiration feature. What do you all think?

It's funny, I think that Travis' acting side loves Grog since he gets to be inventive in that fashion. I mean, just look at his improv when Vex showed him the real DomT "You found another one?!". That's gold, and a great character moment. But the intellectual side of Travis is obviously chafing under Grog's 6 Int.

See I disagree. I think a low INT high STR character is great for him, provided he has something to HIT! The rest spend so much time "planning" that nothing get's accomplished. They haven't had a proper fight in what... a month?

It's time to stop.

Still no serious game being advertised?