This creature is found on the coast of Canada

>This creature is found on the coast of Canada.
>It is dead

How much (media) attention would it get?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salish_Sea_human_foot_discoveries
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends on whether any media outlets had time to get footage before the Canadians apologized to it for the inconvenient placement of their coastline and subsequently provided it with a proper burial.

> How much (media) attention would it get?
"And now, our top story tonight: a mysterious creature was found at the Canadian coast. The scientists are baffled by its appearance, and zoobiologists claim that this might be a new breakthrough in--"

"WE INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM FOR AN EMERGENCY BROADCAST: APPARENTLY, THE PRESIDENT OF WHATEVER COUNTRY SAID A DUMB THING ON TWITTER. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR OUR VIEWERS, BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO DUMB TO CARE ABOUT MYSTERIOUS CREATURES, AND POLITICS AND CELEBRITIES ARE MORE ENGAGING ANYWAY."

"...And now we return to our program..."

Close to none. I know, I live on an island lost in the nowhere of Eastern Canada and way too much creepy stuff happen here / way too many creepy creatures are found on the beaches with no media coverage at all.

Been like that since so many years ago, secrecy is still present, but no one remembers why.

Is it pregnant?

We need stories user. Veeky Forums always needs stories.

>way too many creepy creatures are found on the beaches with no media coverage at all.
That's because they're chunks of dead whales you tard

Ah, Kos.

>"Boo hoo, why won't they just bow down and suck trumps dick?"

Some say Kosm.

Well, it was.
You fight its baby, who was hiding inside her. Her baby looks like a tall old zombie man with a bladed umbilical cord yoyo.

But how is this relevant to the potato in my anus? Let's keep things focused here guys. Something needs to be done about my Potanus.

Even if you're full of shit I'd like to hear about it.

No one was talking about trump. It seems that Veeky Forums is obsessed with /pol/ and their shit.

I plan on writing something with pictures one day. I'll have to take some.

We found parts of dead whales or sharks on a regular basis, but some stuff is just... surreal. Even kids are knowledgeable of whales, we used to poke around dead whales bodies with sticks on the beach until they exploded.

Don't do that. First, the inner pressure makes it very dangerous when all the bowels have to get out. The ''explosion'' can hurt very badly. Second, it really, really, REALLY stinks.

You'll breach the masquerade if you talk about it.

Why are you talking about /pol/

Why are we?

If a wailing fishboy is tearing ass around the Canadian wilderness, knocking over trees and smashing backpackers with its own placenta, then we are having a very different conversation.

If it would have wash up on Canada's coast then we would have never heard of. The most we would get is a local news crew reporting on some strange shapes in the sand and why does it kinda smell like maply

What aboot that, OP? That's just Canadian whale, you hoser. You know canadian bacon? It's kind of like that, eh.

The geese will handle it.

Curse the fiends, their children too. And their children, forever true.

If it's in the north, it will never, ever be found.

If it's on the west coast, peoples will yell about the environment, how we have to protect them, pipeline, petrols, etc.

If it's on the east coast? Peoples will poke at it, a bunch of zoologist will be there. There will be a 3 years debate about how we should name the damn thing.

And if it's in Mediterranean, it will be stowed on nearest truck towards Germany and there signed up for welfare.

>"Another one of those? That's the fifth this decade. Put it with the others"
And life goes on.

Ok I went out and took some pictures. I can write some stories tonight. In this thread or shall I create an other one?

Strange things washing up on beaches is rare, yes, but it isn't usually something that makes global news or even national news for that matter. Little coastal towns in the middle of nowhere tend to not get major media attention.

It would depend on a few factors:
>state of decay on arrival
>how long it circulates in local or minor social media before one of the big boys hears of it
>state of decay after that point and by the time some decent scientists get to it

It could take anywhere from a few weeks to a couple months for anyone to hear about it outside that town, and they'd probably dump it back in the ocean on their own if it started to stink too much. Any researchers who want to drop by after that would need a bit of time on top of that to prepare and then study it, and by then any samples would be too decayed to give enough information to generate more than a shrug and a "I dunno, some kind of whale?"

So, unless a live specimen gets fished up somewhere, you're looking at basically nothing. A blip on somebody's radar for all of a week, then everyone forgets about it.

Sure, why not. Getting some legit (or "legit") stories of this nature might be good for worldbuilding exercises.

What are you talking about?

A severed left foot wearing a running shoe washes up ashore. Several months later, another foot washes up, wearing a matching shoe. It is also a left foot. A third foot, also left, washes up a year later...

Geez, man, old timey Pyramid Heads weren't quite as durable as the modern gimp variety.

NOBODY says Kosm now.

Which coast? We've got a couple of 'em.

Depends on the coast, it might get eaten, given refugee status or poked with a stick.

None.
A white officer shooting a black criminal in Chicago is more important.

Oh yeah I remember that, weird stuff.

>Canada
Not a lot.

if it's near Vancouver the asisan population eats it before the media get their cameras out

>Coast of Canada
Which one you dumbass?

>Hudson's bay
Local news picks it up briefly before it gets scooped up by the government. The media coverage is widespread enough that they have to share it almost immediately with the international scientific community. Some backwater town makes a dumb tourist business out of it.

>Arctic circle
Joint American/Canadian Northern defense scoops it immediately. General public never learns. Maybe a local inuit tribe gets glassed if they saw it. Norad suddenly gets shitloads of funding.

>Vancouver
Huge media coverage. Becomes a political talking point on ocean pollution. International scientists get to study it. Some dumb activists try to use it's image for their cause and take things too far. Some smug faggot in Toronto cracks a joke over Facebook that we dried it, grinded it, and smoked it and it gets a million upvotes or whatever. Somehow, the Chinese are to blame.

>Maritimes
No media coverage. A local township of newfies solomnly drags it back into the ocean by lantern light and never speak of it again. They yet again go about their lives like nothing happened. The world never knows.

Reminds me of the time a Bull Shark in Sydney Aquarium vomited up a man's arm.

Wrote what I could there. Hopefully you'll enjoy!

0(zero)

Probably little to none. The media attention starts when the nearby fishing village turns into Innsmouth from the parasites in its body.

Did you miss the media attention that giant dead thing got washing up on the shore of some Southeast Asian shithole?

I'd say it would be quite a bit, especially since it has people-like arms and shit.

It depends if it washes up on that one canadian beach all the feet dumped in or around new york eventually end up at:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salish_Sea_human_foot_discoveries

Actually what's funny is we've seen the opposite, literally "trump admits to revealing state secrets to russians" as the shit that happens in the ticker below a story about Tim Allen's show getting cancelled.

It's like, if Trump does something trivial, that gets main storied, if he does something kinda fucking important, that's bumped out of sight by tim allen.

Kinda makes me not believe in the illuminati desu, cuz you kinda expect them to be doing shit more subtly than this.

>Kinda makes me not believe in the illuminati desu, cuz you kinda expect them to be doing shit more subtly than this.
Maybe that's what they want you to think.

This is the most thoughtful answer to the OP's question.

Because it's so impeccably preserved, a lot, since not only does it arms resembling a human's, it has a human face under the flaps and tentacles. Then the baby attacks and Greenpeace gets upset.

Then the local populace is forcibly searched for eyes lining their brains.

Yeah but the illuminati gotta have some self respect, like this shit makes them look like idiots.

Like, cool, you rule the world from the shadows, secretly controling the common man's ever whim and thought and action, etc...etc...

Y'all are still being fags about it.

BREAKING NEWS: TRUMP GETS TWO SCOOPS OF ICE CREAM

BREAKING NEWS: NEW FORM OF WAIFU DISCOVERED

Literally the only thing CNN has run today is "TRUMP MAY HAVE SAID SOMETHING TO SOMEBODY: WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR THE WHITEHOUSE?" I'm pretty sure other things have happened today.

So nothing. I think aliens could land or the moon could explode and the media wouldn't bother to report it.

>>Maritimes
>No media coverage. A local township of newfies solomnly drags it back into the ocean by lantern light and never speak of it again. They yet again go about their lives like nothing happened. The world never knows.

So few know.and understand the newfies eternal vigil

And all they want in return is legalised sodomy

As some one who lives in the area. You have no idea how right you are.

>implying people aren't just annoyed with the media's tabloid level obsession with Trump, and the wall-to-wall coverage of every little thing he does leaves next almost no time for non-Trump related stories
Seriously, there is more to the world than what the idiot-in-chief is doing.

Oh hell, I remember that shit. You guys still having feet show up in B.C., or has that stuff ended yet?

What you have to realize is that the people running the systems are not the ones who built it, but rather their inbred, autistic grandchildren who don't really know how it works. Compare David Rockefeller with Mark Zuckerberg and you'll see what I mean.

>B-b-bu drumpf said something mean on twitter

Meh. Trump's election has truly brought back 50s America. Anti-russkie McCarthyism is back anyway

Grant Usss Eyesss Grant us Eysss

Auuhhhhh!!

>Newfoundland

Texasfag here. I've visited Alaska plenty of times, but never Canada. If I were to ever go there, what province has the thickest and coolest innawoods there where I can get my fill of backpacking, hunting, and other outdoor activities

>inb5 youll freeze Texan
I've lived in Jersey before, and I know how to properly layer, so I think I'll be fine. Plus I need some cold weather to properly test my new capote

Only dumb cunts will tell you you will freeze. BC has the coolest innawoods, that's just a science fact. We get dumb European tourists disappearing and subsequently being found dead in the backwoods with their faces stuck in expressions of terror ten years later every other week. There was that shoe thing that happened. Every other night in Vancouver the sunlight is partially obscured by a HUGE cloud murder of crows that has to have a million or two of them. I'm convinced we have a surviving megaloceros somewhere. Island wolves have been known to swim between the isles just to fuck up one harbor seal. In my hometown I used to chase coyotes into a river with a pitchfork, and I lived in a city. Also it's just kind of pretty.

Being tremendous unbelievable fags about it is part of the plan.
After all, if they weren't then you'd believe it.

DELETE THIS

How much I love you. You aren't an elf, right?

>Canada
"LARGE RAC*ST FOUND DEAD!!! And now how to make a cockdog blunt"

Because /pol/ threatens the bbc intake of our wife,daughters and mothers!!!