Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What's the best/non-shittiest investigation adventure you've ever played/run in Pathfinder? What was it like?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last day for apps for Mighty Quest for Epic Loot! Post your app before tomorrow guys!

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/76041/mighty-quest-for-epic-loot-in-the-lair-of-the-kobold-queen

I want to smooch all the kobolds!

Me too user. Me too.

Better question than the shitty OP:

Have you ever had a character who wouldn't even kill his enemies if it served no important purpose?

Female kobolds are the best! I wanna marry one!

Yes. Instead you can tie them up and leave them there
But you can hardly tell the difference!

>I'm heterosexual therefore females are better!
Logic worthy of an idiot that wouldn't keep it in his pants.

Mine just gives them a beating and kicks them off, even if they tried to kill him. I mean, there's always going to be more, no? Why bother.

You know what I think? DHB makes characters who make better NPCs and villains than PCs.

Yes. I'm running a non-lethal damage only Stalker right now.
He's absolutely opposed to the ending of any life at all, to the point of refusing to eat food that wasn't magically created.

>being this gay

Pacifist runs are really funny. Especially when you're not telling the GM.

"...But... Are you not going to kill them?
"...What for?"
"But you're a criminal!"
"...So?"

Let's talk about medieval cooking, and how the Golarions might do it!

Did you know that medieval and Renaissance eating was done twice a day, once at what is now Brunch and another at Dinner? Not only, hut records show there is little to no difference between what one ate in the morning, and what one ate at night; furthermore, quantity was valued over quality, as an understanding of nutrition was practically nonexistent (they did know that protein and fat was fucking delicious, however, and would consume that whenever possible.$

Can someone list out all of the TTS characters w/ their alignment, race, sex, and class? Or should I just do it and make statistics on it?

DHB managed to not only start playing in a campaign on /pfg/, but played it all the way to completion and now is coming back for more. What's your excuse?

I think someone already did a few days ago.

I like them fresh.

gimme a sec to pull it up

Oh my god this autistic obsession with a game pitch...

Add the new guys.

Interesting, but considering that Golarion has had far more time to develop and has had the aid of magic in its scholarly pursuits, anywhere that's remotely civilized would probably have some basic working knowledge of proper nutrition, even if they don't know why they should have it.

>who are they
Rory and Gloriana
>what are they doing
tying the knot
>how willing am I to join
Not willing at all! Marriage is between a dog and bitch only!

I know that my character is probably going to keep that one token point in Profession as he levels up, so as to make bread and such in downtime.

And maybe try and make some lucky girl something sweet for a special occasion.

>as had far more time to develop and has had the aid of magic in its scholarly pursuits
And they STILL don't make cars! That's because the Golarions are fucking STUPID and rely on shmagic whenever they need to wipe their ass.

>Lord Cornelius Lanchester Giles von Vanderbilt III Esq.; LN Male Human; Musket Master Gunslinger/Trophyhunter Ranger; 32y/old, 6’, ???
>Rekannas Haelcant; LG Male Half-Orc; Warlord (Vanguard Commander)//Vigilante (Exposed, Noble Soul); 16y/old, 6’5”, 283 lbs
>Aiden Delaney; CG Male Human; Stalker / Urban Barbarian; 27y/old, 5’8”, 140 lbs
>Raimi; CN Male Tengu; (Privateer) Stalker | Ranger; 18 y/old, 4’2”, 80 lbs
>Caleni; LG Female Halfling; Paladin || Hidden Blade UnRogue; 21y/old, 2’0”, 25 lbs
>Merlynn; LE Female Kobold; Wyrmwitch || Snare Setter; ???y/old, ???, ??? lbs
>Doctor Gaius "Grey" Walete; NE Male Human; Investigator [Empiricist]/Swashbuckler [Inspired Blade]; 27y/old, 5’7”, 125 lbs
>Tiv "Tivvies" Nettle; CN Male Kobold; Hawkguard/Vizier; ???y/old, ???, ??? lbs
>Amalthea Sendorei; NG Female Human; Medium/Oracle (Ancestors); ???y/old, ???, ??? lbs
>Aurelian Mopatis; LN Male Human; Warder (Zweihander Sentinel) || Bard (Neotiator); 22y/old, 6’2”, 180 lbs
>Serizri; TN Female Kobold; TBD; ???y/old, ???, ??? lbs
>Neyja; LE Bulge Hobgoblin; Stalker (Soul Hunter) // Slayer (Bounty Hunter); 20y/old, 5’4”, 225 lbs
>Param Calerd; NG Male Arctic Elf; Bushi Warlord | Unseelie Disciple Fey Adept; ; 145y/old, 4’6”, ??? lbs
>Priscilla Sybille; NG Female Aasimar (Idyllkin); Oracle / / Eliciter; 22y/old, ???, ??? lbs
>Sapera Hemakshi; CN Female Vishkanya; Cavalier (First Mother's Fang + Hussar) || Unchained Rogue (Hidden Blade + Rake + Scout); 20y/old, 6’2”, 149 lbs
>Wendifa Malu; TN Male Catfolk; Pei Zin Oracle/Zealot; ???y/old, ???, ??? lbs
>Kirha Kirhanna; LG Female Catfolk; Battle Butler | Warlord (Desperado); ???y/old, ???, ??? lbs
>Akane Ktsueki; CN Female Skinwalker (bloodmarked); Armorist (Lingchi Warrior)/Harbinger (Crimson Countess); ???y/old, ???, ??? lbs
>Sorrel Aylward; N? Male Half Elf; (BS/Bushi) Stalker||(Promethean/Archaic?/TBD?) Alchemist; 36y/old, 6’1, 166 lbs

(1/2)

>Gloriana with a litter of Rory's pups

GOOD LORD

Can we just stop this stupid OP image feuding already by having normal images or at least anime images remotely related to pathfinder?

Am I the lucky gnirl user

Will you bake it fresh and raw the way I like it

Casimir and Sigmund. I get over my disgust as soon as I'm able and tell Casimir that necrophilia is wrong.

You're need to kick the ERP autists and mods seem to like sitting on their ass.

>Asimilla “Simi” Vorosi; NG Female Human; Harbinger (Crimson Countess) | Swashbuckler (Falcata Swashbuckler, Veiled Blade); 20y/old, 5’5”, 105 lbs
>Lorelei de la Boétie, M. D.; NG Female Tiefling; Alchemist (Chirurgeon)/ Bard (Archivist); ???y/old, ???, ??? lbs
>Dr. Arthur T. Smythe Jr.; LN Male Tiefling; Bard (Archeologist) || Vigilante (Exposed); ???y/old, ???, ??? lbs
>Syra Greathorn; CE Female? Agathion-Blooded Aasimar; Kineticist (Kinetic Knight)|Zealot (Void Prophet); 37y/old, 7’, 210lbs
>Arianna Henderthane; CE Female Human; Warlord || Oracle; 25y/old, 5’9”, 170 lbs
>Dello Crowler; N Male Ratfolk; Wizard||Unchained Rogue; ???y/old, ???, ??? lbs
>Adrian Love a.k.a. The Laughing Man; Serial Killer Vigilante || Empiricist Investigator; CN/CE Male Human; 41y/old, 6’1”, 181 lbs
>Sazra, LN Female Wyvaran; Phantom Thief | Vigilante (Exposed, Night Terror); “Twenties”, 6’5”, ??? lbs

(2/2)

I was too lazy to go back and see what (if anything) changed for most of the older apps, so I imagine there's a bunch of missing stuff. I'm honestly not sure what spurred me to even keep track of this shit.

So we can all agree that broken blade does need a rebalance, right? It's hilariously OP.

Yes it is. Being able to do more damage than a barbarian without it even being the focus of your build is silly

I mean, it's getting one. 100% confirmed.
I don't see why this is a topic.

The best part is his backstory.

Campaign is about playing members of the local nobility in a game of grand politics and murderous intrigue.

Lord D'Agustine was a cruel, murderous bastard. To the point that he was commonly assumed to be a demon in halfling form and subjected to multiple attempted assassinations by holy water.
One day, D'Augstine simply failed to come back from a hunting expedition.
Then, a month later, he reappeared with his armor gleaming like new.
That was the moment of character introduction: D'Augstine showing up during a lord's meeting, and everything immediately going wrong when the assassins panicked.

Now, D'Augstine had been a moderately important NPC until he vanished. All the PCs knew, and hated, him. And he vanished because the party sorcerer murdered him, so the party sorcerer was shitting bricks.
So when D'Augstine won initiative and struck at the nearest assassin, everybody assumed he was going to murder this poor level 2 NPC. Nobody expected him to hit for non-lethal, then immediately demand surrender and offer a full pardon.
Even less expected was for him to go as far as taking an AOO at the guy casting Flaming Sphere, and jump into a lecture on the value of life.
I had the entire damn table, DM excepted, calling bullshit on this.

Everybody did calm down once somebody nailed a perception check to catch a glimpse of the inside of his helmet and see that it was empty, though nobody in the party has quite connected all the dots to figure out what's really going on. Most likely because they don't read Bloodforge Infusions and don't take ranks in K:Dungeoneering.

That's what I'm doing too, user! Very useful if you want to cook lavish feasts or sweetrolls.

Because there are a number of people who think it's totally balanced.

But why should barbs be the gold standard of martial ability?

Because they are the class focused on getting mad and fucking shit up in melee combat.

Fun fact: young Spartan women would shave their heads and have their husbands take them from behind so they can be mistaken for Spartan boys.

Their only job is doing as much damage as possible in one swing. Initiators can do a lot more than just damage.

So, Broken Blade and Primal Fury are getting reworks. Which other disciplines should also be redone from the ground up?

Is there a better caster class for a shadow demon than sorceress, or should I just advance its HD?

Follow up question, if one had their pick of a specific class as a host, what's a great or unusual meat-suit to pilot around? What if they have the feat so they can use the host's class abilities?

Solar Wind, Elemental Flux, Tempest Gale,

Golden Lion needs a tune up, same with Piercing Thunder.

They shouldn't be, but the Fighter will never be fixed enough to put them on top.

Another thing is we are judging by just pure damage. Not combat versatility.

Thats a good one, thanks

I prefer Alchemy. That way, I can always cook up something to melt flesh from bone.

I thought furries were not allowed on this board anymore

I get Piercing Thunder and Elemental Flux, but why SW/TG/GL?

So which of the 3 CE characters would be worst for the expedition?

Syra. She's an actual walking shitpost and not even shy about it.

Tempest Gale is good for control, but it's basically good for nothing else, and this is a very heavily damage focused game.

Golden Lion is in the same boat, just for buffs instead of control.

I always thought Solar Wind was fine, though.

>Roriana

The world's dumbest puppies!

Do you degenerates realize you are talking about bestial impregnation on a thread dedicated to Pathfinder gaming?

They're a lost cause. Just leave here until they're done celebrityposting.

I would very much like to have this thread to talk Pathfinder.

In other words, just leave.

So what's the deal with Advanced Training on the Fighter now? I've been out of the loop for awhile, but it looks really cool. Is Fighter barbarian-level now?

It's always on the American Timezone. The two-three same little shits.

Try 60

Have you seen the app numbers for ERP games here?

I thought the consensus was no.

But that just means Solar Wind and Tempest Gale compliment each other, right? They are both wind-themed disciplines that involve archery and all.

Fighers were never supposed to out-damage barbarians without commitment. You have to commit.

I have no idea; I haven't looked at them much. That's too bad, though.

>Rory has 8 INT
>Gloriana has 7 INT

THE DOG IS SMARTER THAN YOU

usually, i'd say you're right, but for the most part the different disciplines can accomplish more than one thing; even Iron Tortoise can be used for damage, despite being super defense focused. Tempest Gale has the next best thing to nothing offensively - it's just control.

>implying Veeky Forums hasn't always been full of closet furs since at least 2009

So an average afternoon for your typical Lammashtu cultist?

Hey! Cashmere is fixing that! She'll have 12 int for arc2!

She just has to get collared like a bitch

Three loud louts often sound like twenty mighty autists when they screech in unison.

5e thread doesn't have that problem and I'm waiting for an explanation.

AWT gives the fighter options when leveling up, and those options are actually useful. Generally only work for the weapon you choose to get Weapon Training with, but most fighters only chose one anyway so the extra weapons were unnecessary.

5e thread is pure and chaste.

Maybe if 5e was advertising good games, I'be there.

I might actually slap one on a gestalt for a game now. That's really swell! Any cool new archetypes lately?

For Fighter specifically, or in general?

I don't think I like 12 Int, 7 Wis Gloriana. She has the mind of a clever girl with none of the grace, and the temerity of a brazen whore.

Once again, lewd games get 50 apps here, prude games get maybe half that. The lewd games also get most of the best apps.

I actually think the people complaining about degeneracy or inside jokes are the 3 screaming autists. And it really confuses me why you dont just seek out a community with a culture more to your liking. 5e is pure and pfg is lewd because two kinds of players drew a line in the sand and congregated where they were more comfortable, why are you on this side of the line?

Even if you just strongly prefer pf to 5e, there are other pf communities on the internet.

Is it just me, or do there seem to be more older men than usual?

Other than just having high charisma, is there a way for bards to boost how many spells they get each day?

Blingmaker also got a huge number of quality apps, and is not a lewd game.

Being a better class

Pearls of Power. Otherwise, there's not many ways to get new spell slots besides just cranking your casting stat through the roof.

Fighter, sorry. Yeah, anything that might go good with big weapons or polearms, my favorites!

Haven't played many bards, they're arcane casters right? Would a Ring of Wizardry be helpful?

>with a culture more to your liking.
Motherfucker, this is Veeky Forums, and it was never meant for your "get pregnant from a dog" """"culture"""". You're just coming in, inventing yourself reasons to push out serious people out of their own turf instead of getting your own, and acting like an entitled bitch while doing so.

Well, what exactly do you want to do? There's a few options for what you might want.

Speaking as a prudefag, board culture is and always has been a joke.

It's always more efficient to buy a bunch of pearls of power up until like 10 spells per day of a level iirc

Pearls don't work for Bard, as they are spontaneous casters

>Blingmaker also got a huge number of quality apps, and is not a lewd game.
>not a lewd game

I'm laffin' m8. Have you SEEN those applicants that got in? Do you realize what those pervs are capable of?

Oh I thought Pearls of Power were only for prepared casters

Looking at them again, they are. Sorry, I just play a lot more prepared casters than spontaneous.

>/pfg/
>Veeky Forums
>Veeky Forums
>serious people's turf.

Are you well?

They are, you need runestones (twice as expensive for the worse of the two casting types) for bards.

But the same wisdom can be applied, just cut the number of spells required to make wizardry rings in half. Also do not each ring means you can't have another so better get your +5 deflecton AC on another slot.

When autists get in too deep and start thinking there are such things as internet anonymous discussion forum specific thread "culture"

I swear to god.

What new skills would an evil magical collar give her?

I'm thinking Intimidate for one, definitely, and then something else either rude or aberrant.

Absolutely agree with you, those rings are overpriced. I just wasn't sure if it was technically an option.

There's a few items like runestones and similar things that are "pearls of power, but..." for other classes, think some were in the class guide, just not sure if any apply to bards.