Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

How professional are your characters? Do they ever painstakingly write up/take contracts for the jobs they perform?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/firebelly/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How professional are your characters?
Usually not very. Even the ones that are literally employed under contract don't worry about it too much, because they'll gut or curse folks that try any funny business.

>Do they ever painstakingly write up/take contracts for the jobs they perform?
Never, because I haven't had a chance to play an Asmodean Advocate yet.

Basically, it gets magic traps that take a standard action to set up, deal 1d6+Int mod damage or have conditions with Int-based DCs, and get 3/4ths sneak attack progression but also adds about the same amount as scaling damage to their traps. The higher-level magic traps can also include dispels, difficult terrain, etc.

>Character A
Not professional at all, that's why he wants to become an adventurer so bad. His brother was the responsible one who thought about contracts, he just wants to fight monsters and rescue the weak.

>Character B
Not professional at all, he just tries to do the right thing.

>Character C
Moderately professional. Usually trusts someone else to write contracts, and just takes a good hard look at them before he signs anything. Insists on getting paid his fair share, does his job as requested, and only rarely goes off the letter of his contract. In those rare cases, it's usually to execute someone who's too much of a scumbag to be brought in alive.

Nobody is a rogue (true professional).

The party is going to a wizard's tower where a time-travel accident went horribly wrong. What could I put in it?
>Battle with monsters, party has been sped up 2x
>Battle with monsters, monsters have been sped up 2x balanced in some manner
>Puzzle room that's caught in a time loop
>Rooms from the past/future of the tower

Why wouldn't you write up a contract? It makes getting paid so much easier.

MC Escher rooms, because time and space are interconnected.

The PCs meet one of their future selves from after a sudden TPK. The future self lives just long enough to tell them the weakness that lets them trivialize the next encounter.

>Albert Blacktree
Not particularly professional. Sure, he won't break the job parameters for his own gain, but his life comes first, and if the job ends up involving something he morally disagrees with, he'll back out.

>Rekannas Haelcant
HE IS THE LAW! That being said, his missions probably involve more receiving a written order and performing it to his best.

>Oskar Stroud
Professional in that he won't break the conditions unless his employer backstabs him first, and will do something unsavory even if he regrets it, but the moment the job is completed, the employer is a potential target if he feels like screwing him over.

>his missions probably involve more receiving a written order and performing it to his best.
Is your GM a railroader?

Why does a general get paid by the kill?

If I want to play a dragon who rides a dragon, would it be better to make a wyvaran draconic avenger exposed vigilante, or a wyvaran betrothed (draconic) avowed?

That goblin's doing what we all want to do.

...What?

What? It's a particularly tall goblin. Sorceress, by the looks of it.

MC Escher rooms sound hard to map, but seem like a fun idea. The future party member one also seems good. Thanks!

These are all my apps for different games. Rekannas is a Hellknight, so that's what he does. Given that he's Scourge, he doesn't have a single set method of doing stuff.

Cut off Seoni's head and graft our head onto her body using dark, horrific alchemical rituals?

I mean...maybe?

For a confusing room layout, take a look at a tesseract, and take three or four of the cubes and map them out as 20-foot rooms with doors in the walls/floor/ceiling that connect to the relevant cube. Make the rooms distinctive (so it's obvious that something crazy is going on), but make the PCs figure out for themselves how to find which door leads out of the loop.

You... You don't?

You mean this? 1/4

Yes, exactly that kind of thing.

2/4

Uh, no. That's fucking disgusting.

I'd to it to Feiya instead

3/4

why not the dragon cavalier archetype from distant worlds? They are known as dragonfuckers and among their ranks are way too many half dragons for comfort

What countries in Golarion let me be a kitsune princess?

There's Drakerider (which sucks) in Legacy of Dragons, but there's no archetypes in Distant Worlds, unless I'm missing something.

None jump off a bridge

Tian Xia.

The paladin smiles at the compliment, before looking perplexed again. "What's a Duh-Mane?" She couldn't help but notice his tail, brand, and ears from before. She was no stranger to mutation of the flesh. This handsome man must've fallen prey to some wolf-beast that slaked its lusts upon his body (though who could blame it?) "I didn't think I was lost, but now I'm not sure..."

>bad end
NO! STOP! DON'T! TAKE IT BACK!

Tian Xia is a continent, not a country.

>The entire Starfox team is "a general"

It's a memo TO a general.

Pretty much the spirit forest AND maybe Minkai but they are much more common in the spirit forest and wander into minkai and fantasy mongolia

Do Kitsune Even have a society, let alone Royalty?

The answer is not their own. They have a fey society where they act as envoys to humans from the Kami spirits because they can look like humans.

Otherwise they just sit in the forests coming out to fuck with humans in minkai
This

Hmm, which game seems good to app to?

Well, there is TSS but its sort of lewd. There is Mighty Quest but that is a planer adventure game, there is the IronFang game, an AP

While serving the Kami might be cool, I kind of feel a bit let down.

Can the Half-Dragon kids from rise up in the ranks in their world?

TSS was confirmed Bamboozle though.

There's no going back, user. This is only the beginning of the End

Well on their world a while continent is ruled by giant true dragons, in their own dragonrider country that is essentially giant aeires in the sky and giant cliffs, humans form bonds with lesser dragons to ride in defense of the barbarian hoards or other knights led by true dragons to steal their hoards. One of the worst insults is dragonfucker, but there is still a population of halfdragons among their ranks, so probably among the dragonriders it might not be that bad. With others its probably bad.

I'm kind of a new player myself, ive written three application so far. I don't know what the average is for anyone else but it feels like I'm not going to get into any of them, not for any lack of trying on my part. Between all the memes, shilling, and two paragraphs biographies... And I have to spend hours pouring over setting books to fit the tone but still fall short... What am I even doing this for?

Oh great, now that one dude's going to submit Amalthea to another game.

Remember, you can always send your app through PM. at least 5 people so far have done it for mighty quest and iron gods.

Are you talking about Distant Worlds, which has almost no mechanics in it, or a different book?

Its a possible bamboozle at the moment

My most recent character is about 10% criminal and 90% businessman. Whereas the other players see the immediate profit in adventure,he goes for long term investments. The campaign has us exploring undiscovered lands, so naturally he has been involved in seeking out everything that could be sold for a profit at home. Natural resources are about the tamest option, things like minerals or plants that can produce helpful effects. Largely though, he's in the drug and 'indentured servant' trade. Pretty and exotic individuals excited to see a foreign land? Perfect targets. He's never lied to anyone, though.

You didn't read all the way. Roryanon's keeping it open and thinking about it, but will most likely continue ahead with some cutting-of-the-chaff; no joke-apps, a more clear and obvious goal of what characters should be like.

Pls treat him right. Give him a happy end. Let him have at least that. Please? Please?

Its Castrovel but on one novel they went to talk to the dragonriders to get a specific magic item from their hoard to trap a dragon on golarion

Does that really make a difference?

Probably not bias-wise, but thats how people deliver quality apps without getting lost in the memes

I guess I'll keep that in mind for future games possibly iron gods if I have time. Thanks for the tip user.

Who are you to say what he deserves?

I just like happy endings. I never said he deserved it. Just that I'd like to see him have one.

Please...

I know breath weapons are a fun gimmicky sort of thing but is it possible to build/optimize a character around them?

Why, out of curiosity? Many, if not most, people would ask for exactly the opposite?

What would the story behind such a character even be?

you'd need something comparable to the Dragonfire Adept from 3.5. If you can convince a GM to let you convert that to pathfinder, you should be good.

There's nothing outside of that? That really blows.

It's not exactly something players commonly use, and those creatures that have breath weapons are very rare.

The less it's used by players, the less likely it is to get player options. Since it's utterly unlikely that players can get access to breath weapons, it just doesn't happen to get any player utility buffs.

A few classes get it as a 1st level spell.

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/firebelly/

Planning on putting up a campaign in a week or so, little questionnaire first though.

1. What is the average campaign length, if any, of pfg games. If you have no clue, preferred length is fine.
2. Gestalt y/n
3. Are there any particular themes you haven't seen in /pfg/ games before that you really like?

I already said why. I like happy endings. I don't care what other people like. I like happy endings.

Please.

If you just want it to be cool then all line and cone spells can easily be refluffed as breath weapons.

What books do you have access to?

I'd like at least a year's length
Gestalt = No.
Non-lewd.

that said, I'll apply to your game Protag, no matter what it is.

The most important question for a GM is what kind of story do you want to tell in the time you will have with the players?

But some people don't deserve happiness, user.

Works for me.

1st party only but everything within that is fine.

>Length
No prefered campaign length; I just want one to end that's not due to the group falling apart.
>Gestalt
NO GESTALT
>Particular themes
One where I get to play.

I'm actually a sucker for short games.

How much downtime does Iron gods have?

1. No idea; Preference is whatever the DM prefers!
2. I don't mind either way
3. Chivalry and heroic knighthood!

The drunken master monk and soverign samurai get pretty good breath attacks

Avowed can use breath weapons as their Aether Pulse, 1d6 per 2 levels at will, with tons of ways to add different damage types, extra damage, riders, etcetera.

Spherecasters can give anyone a breath weapon dealing 1d8 per 2 CL, usable once per 1d4 rounds.

1 any
2 n try to limit pow
3 GLORY and CHIVALRY, and BATTLE for MIGHTIEST of WARRIORS. Room for barbarians and monks too I guess.

>dragon who can't fly
>makes friends with dragon who can fly
>they go on adventures to get treasure

Not too much. You are actually on time constraints for much of the game. The only games I can think of with any length of downtime that are up right now would be Ironfang and mighty quest if it runs like the one from last year.

1. A year or so, probably. But shorter is fine so long as it ends in a satisfying way.
2. No preference on gestalt, I've done either one and it was fine.
3. I want some Weird Fantasy in the vein of Morrowind or Kill Six Billion Demons. Kung fu, philosophy, metaphor-becoming-real, beggars becoming kings and vice versa, L O R E

Of course, but there are a lot of mechanical concerns to a pathfinder campaign which can drastically change the length without altering the story much beyond some pacing.
I plan on altering the normal app process to be a bit kinder, basically having a lot more communication between the DM and players through the process so things don't have the whole affair doesn't have to reek of anxiety.
You're in luck, chivalry and heroic knighthood, at least in aesthetic, was one of the themes I'd already decided on.

Everyone deserves happiness user. But not everyone gets it. So if everything else is considered equal, I'd rather read a happy end then one that isn't.

Please, user.

Seconding the kung fu. A high-wushu style setting would be fantastic. You could flavor so many monks and other classes to have a wushu style to them it would be amazing.

Please no gestalt.

1. No PFG game has fully run its course yet. Personally, I'm up for any length, provided the story can hold up that long.

2. Probably not. I enjoy the build opportunities presented, but it's not worth the additional hassle on your end.

3. Political Intrigue, Conspiracy, Cult Horror, Cosmic Horror. Not necessarily all the the same time, but those themes have been severely lacking from all /pfg/ games I've seen.

This! I have always wanted to play a wushu china style setting. It would give me room to play my Ascetic monk, and I am a sucker for cheesy kung fu movies.

>Spend that Treasure on finding ways to let Dragon fly
>Realize that being together was their greatest treasure

Sounds good, but you at least want something you will enjoy running.

You can be an ascetic monk with your alms bowl and prayer beads, Ill be a chaotic drunken master with levels of barbarian

Don't forget, Spherecasters can also double the size of any breath weapon. Not just the one they give, but any other breath weapon you might pick up somewhere. Whether this combines with Aether Breath is up to your DM.

The gestalt meme really needs to fucking end. It's awful. Something non-lewd and non-combat centric needs to happen as well.

What if there was a kitsune kingdom situated on the back of a giant fox Eldest running around in the First World?

What if someone ran a game about such a thing?

I thought there were already non-lewd and non-combat games running?
Because kami are only partially fey and originate on the mortal plane. They would of had to migrate there, but kitsune are created to protect kami

>kitsune are created to protect kami
[citation needed]

>Macrofans
It does give me some ideas though.

Wait, who were the Kami again? I think I'm blending them with other things in my head.

The closest to noncombat centric around are maybe blood and oil, maybe that one with the demons, and Mighty Quest
Reference: Jade Regent exposition when they head to the spirit forest guided by the kitsune emissary