Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bRhg2zvalXc
youtube.com/watch?v=mobtxEJHhY4
youtube.com/watch?v=yhhDbaah9DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPdFjZX1s_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=l8LvuJHl3s0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Newfag here can someone explain why CYOA threads are found throughout /tg like cancer?

Because it's where it was decided they belong, most likely because moot hates Veeky Forums but also because it's slightly roleplay-esque.

they are the /hsg/ of Veeky Forums. it wasn't always like this. it used to be about posting cool builds and fun. then everyone became namefags, and all anyone cared about was waifus.

Hate to do an update for this, but all my spelling errors got in the way of the flow, Sorry if anyone preferred it with the spelling errors. This should be the last time I need to do this.

There's generally only 4 cyoa threads on at time.
There's /cyoag/, Jumpchain, Towergirls, and Accidental Magical Girl.
Out of 150 threads, it's hardly overbearing, unless you're easily triggered or something.

And they're on Veeky Forums because it's the best fit for them.

What's with all the lolis? I want my 2D women grown, dammit! This is not the future I fought for!

>Pocket Watch
>Stopping Watch
I like the hypno thing. (No not for lewds for therapy, money and influence)
The time stop thing is a bit of a let down for me, I don't want to age faster than other people.

I like the intro. It's fun.
>Shotgun
>Knife
>Pistol
Grenades and sniper rifles are too impersonal.
>Sara
Attempted rape, breaking and entering, assault of an unconscious person. Yes yes I get what the description means. I might be dumb but I'm not stupid. I'm playing along.
>Aria
I can't not. That is hilarious writing.
My god are these good. I only picked these two because they were the first two I read, because they're all so good.

Oh lord is this writing fun. If the cyoa looked better it might be my favorite. Jesus christ. I can't even pinpoint just one I like the most.

I'll probably be banned for posting gore but that's okay, I'll live. It's the only picture I have that fits.
I like this user. It's lighthearted and told from an obviously unstable narrator. Those are my favorite narrators.
Man if I could I'd write a satire cyoa.

C, it's the best option, you can basically shape a world however you wish and make yourself as powerful as you want independently of the cyoa posted.

A

Do cyoas ever make you feel inadequate?

When I think about how I can't rend mountains with my battleaxe, yes.

>Titan

What's the drawback?

You can't? Wtf are you even doing here, nerd?

You'll look like a total douchebag.

Certainly so!

Why?

Bro I feel inadequate just getting up in the morning.
But seriously yeah. I remember a cutesy "stranded on an island" CYOA that made me feel inadequate. Because all the companions and waifus are more competent and useful than me in that situation.

Because you already do user.

Then isn't my choice irrelevant?

The daily wormhole to a death world thing is the drawback user. And before you say "but I don't care about other people why would I intervene" if you don't anything the whole world's gonna be ded and you'll be stranded on an empty dead world.

Nah for the other options you can either change your appearance, or never be seen by anyone ever again.

Technically you could argue that a steady stream of otherworldly murder fauna could provide food relief to Earth and that humanitu might find great knowledge in analyzing their remains. A common enemy would do wonders for the world though.

This could really unite us.

Sure you can choose to see it like that.

Is it unrealistic to assume cyoag would become a force of good if the posters here received capeshit powers?

Yes. Why do you ask?

Just a cyoa idea rushing through my mind.

Which authorfag is the Nasu of /cyoag/?

I think it would be unrealistic to think that it would be a force for anything but chaos. Sure there's some good here, and there's some evil, and some straight up dickishness. On the upside if cyoag did get capeshit powers we could cover all the roles from villain to hero to just trying to stay out of it.

I'm sure enough of us would be petty, useless, or reclusive enough that the extreme minority of people willing to do good could even out the majority willing to do bad. Mostly when you add the contrarians and hipsters who will constantly flock to the losing side - that group would make it even by default.

Beri, unironically.

Most of his cyoas are interconnected and he just loves to add new mechanics and lore with each one. The Beriverse is a mess.

>"You can't have the same Powers as me, go pick something else"
>"fuck you, faggot"
>rage fueled demi-god brawls ensues, destroying cities in their Wake.

Depends on the potency of the powers. Depends if SDA gets his powerkiller power. Depends if the edgelords can swap their powers for a pocket dimension.
I wouldn't do much but it obviously depends on what I get. I don't need anything so I wouldn't need nor want to draw attention to myself. The best power for me would be some low-key mind control so I don't have to pay for food.

You're a despicable human being.

Most of us are, or are at least asocial/antisocial/maladjusted that's why it's a bad idea to give us superpowers.

What differentiates /cyoag/ people from the general pop?
Males are also way overrepresented right? And people with free time and an internet connection.

Okay?

I'd immediately sign up to cape out but I fear I'd be out numbered by edgelords.

Weren't there power armor threads as well? I remember seeing them at some point.

>Beriverse
How many authorfags even have their own universes? Beri, Scientist, Highlander, who else?

I'd blame that Ben Garrison fellow. He must love little girls.

I'm glad you liked it, that means a lot.
Though I have to thank other anons for a lot of those intro lines, they came up with all but the last generic anime girl quote.

Is your picture using a 10/22?

Imaginos has a shared universe at least between Dream Prince and Hygiene Magic

Italic has a shared universe.

I would love nothing more than to fight in the name of justice and light, not for the sake of helping others, but because I gain a great deal of enjoyment from pissing off evil, tyranical, or just dickish people by being an over the top chuuni and corny.

I always pretend like they're different instances just because that works better as there's not all those contradictions.

Ah yes, this is where I first heard of folk metal. I love that shit.

Does Gothic Metal let you choose passives from other genres?

>no sludge or stoner metal
>no FUCKING HEAVY METAL

This still bothers me.

There's black metal, but not death metal. Ah well, at least best subgenre is there.

Why is there no Christian Metal?

>Just a cyoa idea rushing through my mind.
Sounds pretty cool. What're your ideas so far?

You're kidding, right?

Why isn't her personality more Aries-like?

Yeah how FUCKING DARE HE not include ALL genres!!!!! HE should fucking KILL HIMSELF!!!!

DEEPEST

I'm going to be a paladin of metal

>Symphonic Metal

>Storm the Sorrow: All powers, 4 points
>Scales: All powers, 4 points
>Mother of Light: All powers, 4 points

>Ascomanni
>All racial powers: 9 points

>Set of Armor 2 points
>Camping Gear 1 point
>Melee Weapon

Travelling the lands doing good in the name of the Red Lady and Metal

I enjoy my music without blasphemy. Thank you very much.

>big boobs
>likes riding poles
>is a fluffy sheepgirl
>into light bondage
I don't even need to read her letter or any of the other girls.

>picking your life partner based on cup size, looks, and fetishes

DEUS VULT
youtube.com/watch?v=bRhg2zvalXc
youtube.com/watch?v=mobtxEJHhY4
youtube.com/watch?v=yhhDbaah9DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPdFjZX1s_Y

>metal
>without blasphemy

Guess it's your choice to have shit taste in music.

It's not a choice you fucking disgustig bigot, they are BORN THIS WAY.

such rebel many wow

see

I hope you enjoy your eternity in Hell for listening to the Devil's music.

IF a cyoa has

A. signifigant pvp
and
B. a massive amount of fanbase/builds

They generally become their own "thing" and thus require their own thread for containment, to give room to breathe.

Power armor was huge for a very very long time till it died down and was reabsorbed.

Same with magical realm.

The newest thing is the magical girl, as far as I know. I do remember quietanon briefly having his own thread though.

>trusting what someone you've never met says to you in a letter when they need to win you over

see
>listening to trash metal

then post your shit nigga

well, to be fair, those are all important.

youtube.com/watch?v=l8LvuJHl3s0
This song alone is better than the others put together

Fight me

Derelict Station CYOA:
Profession:
>Research and Development: Biological Technician
Habitation Suit:
>Environmental Aesculapius Preserver
Augmentation:
>Somatic Stem Platelets
>Star Child
>Pheromone Diffusion
Suit Specific Augmentations:
>Aesculapius Gene Therapy Nodule
Weapons:
Primary Weapon:
>Electric Arc Conductor
Sidearm:
>Unidentified Gun
Utility Weapon:
>Contaminant Canister
Companions:
>Station Outcast Alexei
>The Flesh Watcher
>Unrotting Failure

Hikikomori

Why no Titan?

Not comfy enough.

I enjoyed that, but it's not significantly better or worse than the four posted before. maybe you should broaden your horizons fampai

It's not my fault your taste a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Japanese Snackfood
Magical Sugar
Fountain of Youth
Million Dollar
Lucky horseshoe

I would fight for good! Though my way of "fighting for good" would probably be more like "assisting charity organizations" than "punishing evil villains." I'm more about fighting institutional corruption, poverty, environmental degradation, and lousy public policy of all kinds. So probably more reading than punching. Unless the punching was really necessary.

There's a page 2

I'm on a druid/cleric kick guys, are there any good cyoas where I can build those? It can be just a part of the cyoa, like Hero Academy or something

I will. Demongirls are the best.

Is there a way to make an interesting cyoa with Kaleidoscope tier powers?

I've got bugdom, if you don't mind being a bug. besat taming + dew magic + survival is basically what your looking for right?

sounds good!