Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1501: How Can Jumps Be Real if Our Eyes Aren't Real Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49402700/#49407227
youtube.com/watch?v=5RTj7dRD6ho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rolled 408 (1d816)

Dice for a dice gods!
Random jump for the thread topic

Reposting from last thread, have you even "since when were you under the impression"ed someone, /jc/?

Leave, now.

B̶̮̗̗̣̞̳̮̔̀̈͆͒͒͂̊̕͜ẻ̬̝̝̳̠͖͓̹͊̆͌̃͟͡f̡̪͙̩̯̬͕̩̎̑̿͌̾͝ó̵̗͓͈͙̰̥̘͑̿̀͗͌r̸̖̠͕̪̗̭̒͒̎̾̇̐̌͞e̴̫̳͔͙̣̙̼̎̓̈͌̃͑͒́͘ ḭ̷̩̤͙͙̹̻̀̌̈́̂̽̄̈̕͢͠t̵̢̨̜͕͔̻͙̘̋͗̆̀̂̏̋͟'͓̳̝̹̥͌̌̐͑͋̐̄͟͞͝ͅş͉̬͙̣̙̟͐̊́̽̇̕͝ t̫̣̺̙̠̟̼̂͌̍̉̽͆̇ö̸̢̭̙̝͉̥̜̫́̒̋́̎̚͟͞o̧̘͙̰͇̜̯͙̐͐̐͊͗͘͢͞ l̮̱̠̳̙͇̬̄̓̓̾͒͑͊̚̕̕a͔͖̥̠̫̬̐͐̒̃̌͢͝ţ̧͉̪͚̺̩̿̀͆̿͞e̸̡̥̩̦͇̒̑͒͌͑́̆.̞͚̼̞͖́̀̓͌͒̂͠

It is literally 2 AM right now user.

I am struck by sleep deprivation and INSPIRATION in the same breath.

Justice League Dark AND
Mad Men

Justice League Dark

and Mad Men

Thread's pick of Justice League Dark and Mad Men. Whatever ya'll wanna talk about is just fine. Let's all have a good time.

Houses of Mysteries and Secrets are kinda neat. Lord of Jumper is awesome all the time.

As for Mad Men it's the only Jump I know of that explicity rips even the Body Mod away from you.

You must duel to decide the true thread jump. The loser must commit seddoku, three full puzzles.

It's already too late.

Translate?! Which of you degenerates is speaking un-American?

Jesus works as a rebel Persona. Plus, it would be hilarious to confront Yaldabaoth AKA the Demiurge with Jesus at your side. Especially if he's your Ultimate Persona via Satan Saves Christmas. Then you hit full 'IT'S SYMBOLIC' tier shenanigans.

Justice League Dark has one of the best Ghost race option in the chain if taken with Primordial. Actually, Primordial in general is pretty amazing, as I think the jumpmaker said it makes you the Captain America of whatever race your alt-forms are, plus it minimizes your natural weaknesses.

I really like The Path of Magic. I know you can near its effects for sharing the fun with other stuff. But I just really like the aesthetic of taking a student along into a world of mystic wonders.

Probably one of my favorite first jumps. On paper, anyway. I mean, considering the time period, it's not that great once the mystique wears away. But the perks that make you hella confident and great with children are some of my big favorites to have right out of the gate.

What

Gnosticism jump when?

Shut it, Sophia.

But what if we don't have eyes?

He's asking when you've pulled the old Aizen switcheroo on someone, allowing someone to think things are going their way and then pulling the rug and revealing they've been played like a fiddle, your fiddle.

When you make it.

Well, then your eyes aren't real/only exist in your imagination, thus your jumps don't exist either.

Then you must open your eyes. I have many eyes. You should see them.

See them!

Tekeli-li!

>As for Mad Men it's the only Jump I know of that explicity rips even the Body Mod away from you.
What? As a drawback or what?

If you upgrade one of your senses, like hearing or vision, do those apply to your others with synesthesia?

No, that upgraded sense would however be better at giving you the other kinds of input however in addition to its normal function.

Yeah a Drawback that makes drops you back down to your original stated. Destitute.

Shit, and given plenty of Jumper's personal themes.

... Shit, I think I have to do it.

There's a drawback in Worm that does the same thing.

So, how does it work, exactly? Are your senses just so precise you can "hear" and "smell" photons and such?

Yeah, that's part of it. The best analogy I can think of off the top of my head for actually visualizing it is like this. Do you remember that old Daredevil movie, it wasn't great but it was during the early 2000s era of comic book movies?

If you watched that, there was this scene where it gives a visual representation of how he could navigate his surroundings, his sense of hearing being so freakishly acute that the barest of soundwaves basically gave him the outlines of everything around him. He could basically "see" when it was raining without the color. Think of that, but instead of hearing and sight, it's with all your senses on all the other senses.

Found it. archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/49402700/#49407227 as said it's the drawback Destitute.

Really?

Wasn't there a scene like that in MCU Daredevil, also?

Was there? I haven't seen it if so, but would appreciate a clip or link if so.

Could I basically use my naked eyes as a laser microphone?

youtube.com/watch?v=5RTj7dRD6ho

Really.
OH SHIT!, 600cp, specifically mentions the loss of Body Mod.
It also starts handing out all of your out-of-jump perks in the form of Parahuman powers.

You mean focusing on a conversation from way out of your auditory range, like through a telescope or something, and figure out what the people were saying? Yeah.

Yeah, same principles really down to the weird visual effects. Only real difference is that the old movie had everything as blue and this one has a cooler effect of the shifting visuals and fire.

What the hell happened in the last thread?

Lots of shitposting and some celebration for reaching 1200 posts

You could read it right? The archive didn't break from the 12 hundred + posts did it?

>Justice League Dark - 704
Drawbacks: The Cold Flame Burns (+300); Age of the Soul (+100); It Helps (+100)
Final Point Count: 1,500 CP
Origin: Guide
Abilities:
-Stranger (Free)
-Untouched By Time (Free)
-Potential (Free)
-The Curse of Immortality (Free)
-Arcane Expertise
-Magical Blood
Equipment & Artifacts:
-Pandora’s Box
-A Team To Call Your Own (600 CP) (Companion CP: 1,200)

Seras Victoria:
-Origin: Monster
-The Curse of Immortality (Free); Vampire; Primordial; Potential; I Am; Supernatural Appearance; Untouched By Time
-A Good Blade (Free)

The Foxes:
-Origin: Con-Men
-Don’t Show Weakness (Free); Potential (Free); Friendly Neighborhood Grifter (Free); No Trap Can Hold Me; Your Own Skin; I Am; I Cheat
-Enchanted Zippo (Free); The House of Mystery

Elizabeth Victoria:
-Origin: Magician
-Fluency (Free); Meditation (Free); Potential (Free); Circles & Symbols; Prodigal Sorcerer; Arcane Expertise; The Path of Magic; Magical Blood
-Fancy Clothes (Free); Twin Pistols

Astrub Knight Jeray:
-The Curse of Immortality (Free); Ghost; Frankenstein; Primordial; I Am; Potential

Duchess Utarefson:
-The Curse of Immortality (Free); Vampire; Untouched By Time
-Croydon’s Compass; The Books of Magic

Summary next post.

Samus Aran:
-Fluency (Free); Meditation (Free); Potential (Free); I Am; Magical Blood; Prodigal Sorcerer; Meditation

Martel:
-Origin: Con Woman
-Don’t Show Weakness (Free); Potential (Free); Friendly Neighborhood Grifter (Free); I Cheat; The Path of Magic
-The House of Mystery

Eridan Victoria:
-Fluency (Free); Meditation (Free); Potential (Free); Magical Blood; Prodigal Sorcerer; Arcane Expertise
-Croydon’s Compass; Merlin’s Staff; Infinite Cigarettes

>Wasting an hour just to read +1200 posts of pure shitposting

God damn it Veeky Forums that is NOT where my mouse cursor was.

So. This world, now that I'm out of the Framework that I spent f̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶s̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶w̶o̶ ̶h̶u̶n̶d̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ five months in, is... different.

You know what's fun? Going to A̶v̶e̶n̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ Stark Tower, trying to catch up with everyone, and finding out that the only reason Jarvis let me in was because I accidentally left on a perk that gives me access to everything, and there'd been a party earlier so everyone's guard was down. Whoops.

So after everyone stood down, I explained myself. Somehow I'd made it here from an alternate timeline, and New York looked a lot different. And the technologies were lagging badly. And Tony had no idea what I was referring to when I mentioned Metal Gears and Iron Gears. So I connected to the internet to check things out and figure out what the hell was going on.

Turns out that history derailed entirely, Captain America was only recently thawed and knew nothing about the Winter Soldier. Iron Man was a recent development and Tony Stark's parents had been killed. Natasha confirmed, at least, that Omega Red was a dead-end as a project even if his head didn't explode - the carbonadium poisoned and killed him. But a lot of heroes that should have existed seemed to either be laying low or entirely missing.

While connected to the internet, I abruptly sensed an interesting thing - something from the Tower trying to get out and read everything at intensely high speed. And then Ultron. I volunteered to join the Avengers for the duration of the crisis... I had been an Avenger in the alternate timeline after all. In time, Ultron was pinned down. Trying to cause a disaster in Sokovia. I met Pietro and Wanda after they'd distracted the heroes, such as they are, and told them of their parents when they hadn't died. An outlaw, Max Eisenhardt, and a gypsy, Magda Maximoff.

If you knew it was 1200 posts of pure shitposting already, then why did you ask? Just to start shit?

Honestly, giving them half a chance and treating them as human beings... well, that, and Ultron's sudden and inevitable betrayal served to get them both to defect. And since I don't have to worry about the special effects budget, Quicksilver never abruptly failed to have superspeed for the sake of drama. Which also meant that with Vision on the scene, there was no ridiculous will-they-won't-they bullshit and shoehorned plot. Not to mention nobody cared about whether or not Wanda was seen on the street in her civvies.

Oh look, it's time for Civil War!

"Excuse me. Are you the Secretary of State? Thaddeus Ross?"
>"Yes...? What can I do for you?"
"I'd like to have some words with you about the proposed Sokovia Accords."
>"Is that so? What do you have to say?"
"Your head a splode."
>"WhaaaaaAAAAAAA-" BOOM.
>"WHOA! Holy shit!" "Jesus! You- you can't just- you blew him up!"
"Just his head, Cap."
>"He's gonna do this the scanner way-" "Shut up, Tony. Crux, fix him!"
"Oh, fine, ruin my fun." Poof.
>"AAAAAAAAAAA WHAT THE FUCK-"
"Thunderbolt! That was an object demonstration in why the fuck that will NOT pass. If you want more reasons, consider that the Avengers have at their disposal the world's biggest shovels, the people who know where the bodies are buried, and it's an election year and Captain America might feel like he needs to endorse the other party's candidate if they promise to keep that from passing."
>"-AAAAAAAAAAAAAA-"
"Christ, calm down, Ross."
>"YOU- YOU- YOU FUCKING KILLED ME!"
"And yet here you stand. Be happy you didn't have a stroke and end up paralyzed and unable to speak."
>"Are you threatening--?!"
"Wow, you sure talk a lot for someone whose head just exploded."
>"MOTHER F-"
"Silencio. Such language."
>"...! ...!!"
"There, that's better, until you learn to behave. What do you think, Tony? Steve?"
>"You know... I think I like him better this way." "Yeah, same here, Point Break."

Oh, also, thank you for getting that clip. Forgot to say that.

Oh look, someone's trying to frame the Winter Soldier! If only he didn't trip over his own shoelaces, break his nose, and end up the only person who died in an explosion that only did cosmetic damage to the UN building, who could have seen that coming. Nice try, Zemo, but Sokovia barely even had collateral damage after Ultron's attack. And look, it seems that good ol' Helmut was that last member of Hydra that hadn't had their head explode after I'd put a taboo on a certain phrase. The fates must be smiling upon me now.

Oh, speaking of that taboo. Would you care to guess how it went?

>"Mwa ha ha. Our plan is proceeding according to plan! Soon we will take SHIELD and stage a coup!"
>"Ha ha ha! Yes! The helicarrier was a unique thing but now we inexplicably have a large number of helicarriers that are armed heavily enough to bring a country to its knees except a handful of cruise missiles could destroy them handily!"
>"Mwa ha ha! Let us ignore these silly shortcomings and celebrate! Hail Hydra!"
*pop* "I'm sorry hail what now?"
>"Get him!"
"Petrificus totalus, legilimens, now try not to think of anything that you don't want me to know. It's like saying don't think of an elephant. And oh, have YOU been naughty boys and now I know who all your friends are and I can give them the same treatment. I'll have to give all of this information to Nick Fury, a shame that you don't survive interrogation."
>"Wh-"
"Your heads all a splode."
>"AAAAAAA-" BOOM.

Sure is awfully convenient how everyone in Hydra likes to say that phrase and literally no one else on the planet ever does, right?

Meanwhile, Bucky Barnes is brought back into the fold, because he doesn't have to be held accountable to anyone but SHIELD. Which is, itself, now held (somewhat) accountable to the UN Security Council, as it was in the previous world.

Welp, looks like the Avengers have things locked down on Earth. Funny how that works. And thet even has some potential Russian popsicles to recruit!

Maybe something relevant happened.

Time to go back to my favorite side quest in this universe, collecting the artifacts that apparently have reappeared because this isn't the universe I was in previously, no matter how similar.

The Tesseract? Well, it was in Asgard's vault, but I was more than happy to make that disappear while I was in the neighborhood.

The Mind Stone was now in Vision's forehead, so a quick time stop and duplication later, he'd gotten a duplicate gem in his forehead to keep going as normal, and I had the original.

The Aether? Still in the same place, so I grabbed it. From what I hear, that really peeved some dark elves, but Asgard skewered them pretty well.

The Orb? Well a race of golden skinned assholes chased me across the galaxy while I was looking for that, I ran into Ultron (again, and how the fuck did he get all the way out here?!) and they both tried to gun me down before I went full SupCom and launched fleets to counter them. Eventually, I found it at Nova Corps headquarters, hell of an odd place for it but into the warehouse it went.

The Soul Stone? That was in Thanos' gauntlet. Which I took from him. Because one, "Fetch" is a HILARIOUSLY useful perk, and two, that motherfucker deserved every bit of holy wrath I laid down on him. Can't die? That's okay. I can kill things that don't die, even if the reality is that he's just going to be in an eternal coma in this universe.

Last one... the Eye of Agamatto?

Oh.

Oh this is why.

Maybe I should not have left this for last.

*pop* "STRANGE, YOU JACKASS!"
>"Who are you and how did you get here?"
"Crux. More importantly, WHY ARE YOU FUCKING WITH TIME!"
>"Er-"
"Okay, relax, if I had any ill intent I'd have already done something by now. But you're screwing with an infinity stone. Well done, you completely nullified a timeline because you decided to play with an apple."
>"Oh, God."
"With power comes responsibility, Dr. Strange. And you have a great deal of power at hand. Good day."

And once the dust settles with Dormammu and Stephen Strange stops carrying around the Eye of Agamatto for a bit, I freeze time and give the artifact the Vision treatment. The copy of the Eye goes right back to where the original was stored - the real one goes in the warehouse. And just like that, I've got the full set once again.

Funny thing is - while a lot of things went near enough to canon to be normal, "killing" Thanos derails the major threats to this universe so badly that it can be managed a lot easier.

And hey, a half billion people didn't have to die this time around, at least.

No problem.

Nothing special happened at all. We didn't have any major dump of jumps, didn't have any new jumpmakers surprise us with completed jumps. Over half the thread was about people arguing over a replacement jump and PA's jump. Even getting to 1200 wasn't that special when we hit 1500 before from rollfagging.

Why though? Aren't the Stones useless to a Jumper?

The question to ask isn't why, but why not?

Their absence prevent people from going forward with certain plans in-universe, and they look nice in the display case next to the chaos emeralds.

Souvenirs? I was going to say "keeping it out of the wrong hands", but then I read that he just put a copy (via Cheat Mode?) back.

That something doesn't inherently works outside the settings metaphysics does not mean that you can't adapt it to work outside of the setting.

Eh, not really. There were some perk previews... and NuBee talked to himself, I guess? It was really not a great thread.

Yanking Vision's stone would be silly since literally no one realizes what it is and they probably won't until Thanos comes in and goes 'oh, yep, that's a thing'.

And stealing Dr. Strange's is a bad idea because, well, he's Dr. Strange.

The rest, I took without replacing them.

It does when there are explicit rulings in the jump to the contrary.

Nah, second guy was legitimately not me. But I commend them anyways for enabling my dumb ass since it was fun while it lasted.

It was fun! We argued about whether CoC is a lewd jump (totes btw), definitions of furries, and all sorts of things!

There is nothing saying that you cannot reverse engineer them and make your own models based on them.

Where was the perk that allowed to connect all your properties via tunnels?

Batman the Animated Series

Chick tract jump question,when it says only Jack Chick’s God curses you is that include all instances of the Judeo-Christian-Islamic God, such as the presence,Chuck from supernatural and etc.?

also if you are baptized. Does that remove the curse since it's supposed to clean you Original Sin?

Time to get suited up in that shining armour and ride out to battle!

Warhammer Fantasy Battle: Bretonnia is complete!

Now, onto Vampire Counts. Probably last one for this month since I have two essays to do as well.

yay
thanks Val

DAMN IT VAL! I was about to RP!

Thanks so much for always putting in the works.

>not being an old NEET with absolutely nothing to do but cry and shitpost on /jc/
Get a load of this one!
Seriously tho what are you studying?

You're all welcome.

Specially you cutie.

Creative Writing Major and a couple minors like Criminology or Philosophy. Mostly just to say I have a degree in something since my career interests lie elsewhere and it's a super easy subject for me, so I mostly just pick stuff that interests me.

Seriously though, thank you. It looks great so far.

>Be a Knight
>Take 'The Hope of Arc'
>???
>Profit

Thank you Valeria for your hard work.
Good luck on your essays.

Mechanically and narratively very solid as always.

It's more apparent here than in Tomb Kings but-I'm somewhat struck by the lack of a Drop-In option. I know conceptually there isn't much room for ideas and I get it's a faction-fixated jump, just-seems more apparent here, maybe because there's fewer available backgrounds? Not even sure if criticism or not.

>Canon Companion

Stupid question perhaps, but is the Lady of the Lake intended to be a valid companion under this option? Not that it would be a good idea what with her treachery

>The Verdant Heart

Just curious, is this something you could maybe create using the Lore of Life or just an unexplained artifact vaguely associated with Lileath The Lady?

Honestly? From what I've seen of Bretonnia, it'd be a coin toss. On the one hand, these niggas adore tradition. On the other hand, they're also hopeless romantics. Time it right and you could pull off a French Revolution. And around elves, watch yourselves. Literally, they've a vested interest in keeping humies as country bumpkins

>More armies
Yay!

You're a damn flatterer on top of an expert Jumpmaker is what you are.

Thanks, hope you enjoy it.

Drop In...yeah, there's really not much room. Drop In's usually the outsider or wanderer character in the jumps I do (Souchirou in Fate Stay Night or the guys from the western Japan schools in Majikoi) but with the way I do the Warhammer Jumps, there's not really anyone to base drop in on that won't feature in their own jumps later (If I wasn't going to do Wood Elves, they would have been drop in here for instance), so I usually let any origin be it or just pick one that kinda fits, which was Peasant in this one.

The Lady is technically valid yeah, but given it's an invitation type option, she'd be real hard to get to come along.

The Heart? Potentially makeable with the lore yeah but probably needs at least Prophetess level magic use of the Lore of Life.

Couple of typos I noticed in the intro.

in the second paragraph:
>Gilles le Bretonnia
should be
>Gilles le Breton
in the third paragraph:
>the Lady of the Lake quickly become
should be
>becAme

It's cool that you're doing this btw I've always loved Bretonnia.

Ah, shit, I misremembered Gilles last name through the whole thing then. I'll have to change every instance of that.

And yeah, they're real cool. Love a knight in shining armour.

Stop flitting and get back to do Jorge Joestar.

But I'm a flitter by nature! You wouldn't believe how many WiPs I have lying around.

Anyway, since I'm probably only going to do 1 more Warhammer jump before the month ends, gonna finish off my reread of Jorge and get to work on it with Bee next month.

Well this looks all kinds of wonderful.

>Buy hundreds of peasants
>Load them with science perks
>Buy Lexcorp or whatever super-sciency corp you fancy
>Have them working for thousands of years on your clones while you spent your time playing and painting your endless collection of Warhammer miniatures

How good of an idea is this?

Sounds like a dream come true for some Veeky Forumsers

You missed the last step, where your army of sciemce-minions bring your miniatures to life and term them into an -actual- army, which can then be used to bring back more miniatures to paint.

>Having anyone but yourself paiting your minis
What are you, a pleb?

Seems unfair that the Knight and the Damsel cost the same with the Knight has four more perks and four more items.

>Jumper and the Green Knight
Isn't it illegal for peasants in Bretonnia to even touch a horse?

They don't really have four more perks or items. They can only choose two perks from each tier to have discounted, the third is full price, like Bloodborne.

Forgot to note those scenarios were origin exclusive, my bad. Jumper and the Green Knight is for Knights only, For Bretonnia! is only for damsels.

Wonder what they would think of the Mearas horse you can get in LOTR jump

Update.

Scenarios have the notes on which origins can take them.
Spelling fixes.

Are there any perks for taking care of split personalities?

So, a Knight only needs to pay 300 CP to become a Duke or reading it wrong?

psychosurgery and forking from eclipse phase,it's not disassociative identity disorder if it's one personality to a body

Reminder to everyone: The Lady of the Lake is just using you to further the cause of the elves and her own interests. Humans are just meatshields. Do not work for her under any circumstances, but especially never trust her. One of her domains is literally manipulation.