mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pd

>(I miss the black library memes down here)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg
forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Tau-XV109-Y-Vahra-Battlesuit
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nth for fluffy armies
I hope we aren't forced to take 3 troop choices just to have 3 optional heavy, elite and fast attack slots.

I'd be fine with this if they brought back "X character/wargears turns X unit into troop choices" but they probably won't.

second for plastic sisters

>On death row
Guard
>What would you like to eat?
Fa/tg/guy
>Plastic sisters
Guard
>lol no we are never making them, how about a new tau tau suit?

It sounds better than making new FoCs for each army just to allow special things.

>lol no we are never making them, how about a new tau tau suit?

Do you think Rubrics and Berzerkers have difficulty with doors?

This any good?

The Dark Angel's flaw is a deep rooted manlust.

What do you define as good? Because by any metric most 40k books are hot garbage, and this one is no exception.

>berzerkers
implying they ever care about walking through a door and not charging right through it or ripping it off to use as a makeshift melee weapon
>rubrics
I mean, they could like open it using psyker abilities maybe

I enjoy 40k books. Based off what you said, the question would be if this is worse than usual?

I too enjoy spamming forced memes.

So how would you build and fluff an army based on pic related?

is helsreach any good
read it when I was younger and thought it was pretty neat
what about yarrick, pyres of armageddon, thought that wasn't bad either

On a side note, are there any good alpha legion books. Their fluff seems cool with them being not really chaos but with their own agenda and alpharius/omegon seem pretty cool

chaos manlet marines...nice

I too enjoy being a triggered faggot angels player

I figure they can use door handles,it's the fancy hats I see as a potential problem
Chaos will always look taller because fancy hats

>Current state of the 40k playerbase

youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg

Helsreach is amazing.

Well, you can do that on reddit instead, considering that's where your spammed meme comes from.

I've read the whole thing, and it absolutely is. It may be one of the only books that didn't feature a token strong independent female character.

It takes place before the Newcrons, and yes, they are in this book. So they play the role of unknown horrors beyond the abilities of even Chaos. It actually has a surprisingly diverse amount of factions present. We see Imperial Guard, Mechanicus, Dark Eldar, Tyranids, and even Genestealer Cults. Not to mention Chaos. But mostly it's a story about a Host of Word Bearers going off on an epic quest that I won't spoil for you.

I will say this: Half the first book of the trilogy details the life of an average citizen starting from his daily commute and ending with him dying a cultist of the Word Bearers.

It was definitely one of the most memorable 40k books just because of how different it is.

Explain.

Does anyone else find the 40k M41 setting incredibly boring compared to the Horus Heresy? In 30k you have characters with goals and drives. There are interesting grudges. The legions have lots of character and variation beyond the one-note chapter caricatures. In 40k it's just a bunch of emotionless robots punching each other forever with no purpose. The Imperium never actually does anything.

"they" being the Necrons, not the Newcrons*

Dark Angels being faggots predates reddit.

Grimdarkness being engulfed by Noblebrightness. Some are pissed, some are happy.

Didn't think the metaphor would be too deep to grasp.

Ah yes, because Dakka Dakka is a much more respectable website.

It's hard coded into their fluff my man.
As long as there has been Dark Angels there has been faggot jokes.

I'd say things are only Nobledark so far, let's see how the Indomitus Crusade goes.

I don't think it's noblebright that's coming. More like Nobledark.

>boring marine wank ad infinitum
Pass.

Sounds cool, thanks man.

No, it tends to fit the mold. I don't particularly care about Chaos though, so you may like it better if you do.

The audiobook of Helsreach was good.

I too enjoy how DAngelfags have to give them (You)'s every fucking time instead of just ignoring them.

>As long as there has been Dark Angels there has been faggot jokes.
*As long as there have been forced memes and unfunny retards

>muh lionel jonson gay poem
The poem was about resisting sin, it does not mention homosexuality
>muh rock gay bar
Oh boy, a generic name shares a name with another generic name, what a surprise!
>muh plasma guns
Tell me, what's the best ranged weapon for cutting down power armored troops?

No matter how much you force this, it does not work.

>I don't think it's noblebright that's coming
Oh come on even without Primaris Marines, 2/3 of GoS was noblebright, Aeldari easily btfo all chaos shit, Robbie on easy-mode btfo Black Crusade

> have to give them (You)'s every fucking time instead of just ignoring them

It's just those two autists my man. Give us some credit. Cypherposting gets everyone though.

>The legions have lots of character
they really don't

30k can be interesting for the pseudo-historical angle, but black library's been doing its best to ruin that. And as the imperial armour books have proven, you can just as easily get the same sort of appeal out of 40k.

To attempt to take an objective view of the situation is impossible, both settings have merits.
Horus Heresy:
>Shows the backstory of Imperium which is pretty cool
>Has neat human tech and human subfactions
>The civil war itself is pretty cool
>More unified setting
>More races than various flavour of space marines (no matter how diverse these flavours are, people want xenos)
>We already know how the horus heresy ended so for some people it seems pointless to play
>interactions between xenos, chaos and imperium is well done in some cases
>A more split up setting allows for more creativity in campaign creation, allies and "your dudes"

I mean both games seem pretty cool, it's just that 40k appeals to a wider audience since it has a wider variety of playable factions

Eh, that's not the impression I got from the Gathering Storm books. I'm keen for 8th as a game, not so much the fluff so far.

My dudes are pretty much the big reason I never cared about HH. They're part of The Unforgiven, so I have to know about it, but it's always been history to me.

>In the noble brightness of the far future, there is only war

>*As long as there have been forced memes and unfunny retards

It's not forced when it's a tradition dating back to before you were born.

>The poem was about resisting sin

It was about Johnson resisting his homo lust.

>No matter how much you force this, it does not work.

But it does otherwise you wouldn't have bothered replying and desperately tried to have insisted that gay jokes are reddit territory.

Just bend over you dress wearing faggot.

>Rubrics aren't the psykers. Rubrics are the robots.

In which case, apparently they are still capable of most rote functions, like opening doors or beating people to death with their boltguns.

>It was about Johnson resisting his homo lust.
Surely you have proof of this? Did Johnson ever state that? It's never mentioned in the poem.

Any readable books with nightlords?

I was the guy who answered, so I assumed that when he lumped them together he meant rubric marines like berzerkers are extra khornate marines.
I don't play 1ksons so idk anything about them

The Night Lords omnibus is generally considered one of the better 40k novels.

>u-ur underage!
Ok?
>i-it's about g-g-gays I-I swear!
You realize that pushing narratives doesn't work unless you have cold hard facts right? Once again, the poem never mentions homosexuality. It mentions resistance to sin, which can translate in the lore to resisting chaos
>m-my jokes a-are funny! u-ur gay!
Thank you for your intelligent contribution.

I've been thinking about the new big guys a bit, I really like the models but I think that the fluff need quite a bit of clarification. Like how and where were they trained? How are they distributed to the different chapters? How are they recieved by the chapters? How are the chapter masters told about them? How do the older space marines feel about this development?

Nightlords Omnibus. Surprisingly, it's generally considered one of the good ones, or at least not as bad.

The Night Lords trilogy was pretty readable to me, but if you're not a fan of that the new book Blood Tithe is selling like hot cakes, and having looked up who exactly the Carcharadons are, I'm convinced that this book is going to be good.

Of course it's not in the fucking poem, it was written at a time when being gay would get you locked up you fucking moron.

Look, sure if you're actually autisitc that's fine, just don't have this conversation. Any time we're having to deal with metaphor or contextual cues is going to be difficult for you.

So, I'm thinking about maybe converting my Black Templars a bit--just to drum up something new and interesting (to me anyways).

Is it so farfetched to say that the Black Templars might consider Primaris Space Marines as heretics--something like "not created in the vision of the Emperor" or "false sons of the Emperor"? Or maybe even consider Roboute Guilliman as a false idol or a usurper of the golden throne--what with how the lore seems to be going?

How would I go about portraying that on my Black Templars?

Any ideas?

I don't hate true scale marines and I'm even considering a couple boxes of them as allies for my Cadians. Don't kill me.

>Leman Russ' gene-seed
>Primaris Wulfen
Oh god please no...

8th edition will sort that out
Primaris marines were distributed to bring chapters back to full strength or something like that
8th will answer all your other questions once it comes out

pretty readable is not that great of a review

It's good because it took so long.

Yeah, I can imagine that quite a few good scenarios and storys to come out of this.

>the author was gay so the poem must be about gays
So I assume every single piece of art by a homosexual must be about homosexuality then?
>a-autism!
Ok.

Most people like the Primaris Marines, user. Vocal minority and all that.

40k isn't high literature. It's well written for what it is. Despite the memes ABD is the best writer BL has.

Nah I assume he meant zerkers and robots.
Those being things which might have trouble with doorhandles.

>Primaris Fenrisian Wolf Pack
Yes please

White scars get their shipment
>old marine sergeant
"Alright men, time for a bike attack"
>Primaris marine
"Uhhh, This bike is too small, can I get a bigger one?"

Everybody loves the Primaris Marines as far as the models go.
The people who find them retarded as fuck in the lore aren't a vocal minority.

>I have no evidence for my personal interpretation of the poem
>I-I'll call him a-autistic if he disagrees with me

Who here is expecting a new tau fmc suit that is effectively going to be a flying riptide?
XV106 Meteor suit anyone?

>Despite the memes ABD is the best writer BL has.
No. The best authors are typically one-and-done, or stuck doing short stories forever.

presumably because they haven't been contaminated yet

>Ok?

I didn't imply you were under age though. It's literally that old.

>It mentions resistance to sin

Johnson's sin being he was a big poof.

>Thank you for your intelligent contribution.

Is your butt literally or only figuratively hurt?

Can you recommend some of them?

>Yipes, the Blood Angels sound like they are in trouble.

>Johnson's sin being he was a big poof.
See >u-ur b-b-butthurt!

>Yipes

It opens up a fucking shitshow. There are going to be SUPER-Marines with the Red Thirst and Wulfen (which nearly had the entire planet destroyed because Dangles confused them with Chaos beasts). Hell, even normally stable chapters may start showing some problems. Salamanders may start having bone growth like that one successor, Dangles may turn into renegade chaos pirates like Huron, and so on.

>Johnson's sin being he was a big poof
How do you know? Did he have no vices?

>Yipes

>Dangles may turn into renegade chaos pirates like Huron
Are you retarded? How does piracy have anything to do with their geneseed?

>Yipes

No not every piece of artwork by a gay person is about being gay, you know how we can tell? Fucking context

DARK Angel, with thine aching lust
To rid the world of penitence:
Malicious Angel, who still dost
My soul such subtile violence!

The first fucking stanza is literally spelling out the problem

The poem is well established as being about his struggle with being both gay and a catholic.

The commentary about possible autism comes from here:
>It's never mentioned in the poem.
which demonstrates a clear lack of understanding about how metaphor works, no understanding of the context of the poem and a difficulty with theory of mind (i.e: other people can and do think differently to me)

This might be a hard load for you to swallow as a Dark Angel fan but swallow it you must.
A Dark Angel fan who can't protect himself from getting his feelings buggered by a gay joke is like a Space Wolf fan who can't take a bestiality joke.

>I'll take "what is the Y'vahra, Alex"

forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Tau-XV109-Y-Vahra-Battlesuit

That one was a joke.

I'm a fan of matthew farrer
simon spurrier is also top tier

Well, top tier as far as "warhammer tie in novel authors" goes, at least.

The Y'vahra isn't a proper fmc though
it's a jump pack infantry unit that can become a fmc with a nova roll
Also I'd assume the new fmc suit would also take up a hq slot and belong to a new mont'ka commander that isn't farsight

>with thine aching lust
Lust does not always imply sexual lust. He was also an alcoholic. Who's to say the lust is not alcoholism or general excess?
>The poem is well established as being about his struggle with being both gay and a catholic.
By who? You?

>j-just t-t-take m-my f-f-force m-meme already!
I reserve no obligation to accept your unfunny humor and never will. Come back to me when you have an original or even vaguely entertaining joke.

In his defense, you're being a bit of an autist about it. This is like two threads in a row. Jokes don't tend to be funny when you repeat them constantly.

>The poem is well established as being about his struggle with being both gay and a catholic
By whom?

>The poem is well established as being about his struggle with being both gay and a catholic.

so... DA struggle with being lusty for heresy while beeing super loyal at the same time!

Their is no women on the high sea.

Can someone explain this to me?

>>j-just t-t-take m-my f-f-force m-meme already!

When will you accept that it's not forced? Dark Angels being associated with homolust is no different than Ultramarines being associated laurels.

>>j-just t-t-take m-my f-f-force m-meme already!
Holy fuck it's the same sperg who flipped out in that other thread when someone made an offhand one-line joke about DA being traitors.

>These guys get in a lot of trouble.

The whites scars should try to put the primaris marines in the side car of their attack bikes. Imagine the big guys trying to operate a heavy bolter mounted too low for them.

So you're going to ignore the fact that your pseudo-meme has no standing and are now just resorting to appeals to an invisible popular opinion? How interesting.

DA aint traitors. they want to taste sweet heresy but are forbidden by their love for the emperor. their like the man-brides of the emperor.

I always figured it was more about the Lion personally than his entire chapter, his lust for power (specifically the title of warmaster) which contrasted with his loyalty to the Emperor. That chaos demon was totally convinced that he would be able to convert him to chaos by giving him the position of chaos' 'warmaster'.

That's just my interpretation of it though, I could be wrong.