For each character that you're currently playing (or for forever-GMs...

For each character that you're currently playing (or for forever-GMs, your favorite NPC from each campaign you're currently running), what sort of rations would they take for a ten-day journey through temperate, forested wilderness?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_milk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>eating coins

Oh dog

Sausages and other preserved meat
Nuts and what not, basically trail mix
Dried bread

Basically, your 2 pics are it.

>not eating coins

Wow mah dude

What is under the snails in the little bowl? I can't tell if it's a rock or that really old egg people eat.

>heptagonal coin

It's "hundred year old egg". It's Chinese.

Disgusting

The Canadian loonie is some kind of exagon shape.

who needs rations when you've got traveling companions?

I haven't got any on me at the moment but 11 is enough that the outer edge is more or less round. Ten's the line for me.

>soft cheese
>rations
oh shit what are you fucking doing

>he doesn't like his salty coins to season the milk

You little shit.

The dwarf would take pic related and some lead acetate.

The hobgoblin would take dinosaur cheese, which I don't have a picture of. It would kinda look like cottage cheese.

I don't like my food too rich.

>filename

Whatever he has, I make sure to get my rations out onto the tray
Nice!

the fucking amethyst haha

My druid loves to hunt and forage when she's on the trail. When she doesn't have the time to hunt, she carries dried crickets, nuts, and fruits to tide her over.

Fuck. I haven't had frogs legs in ages. Shit is delicious.

What exactly am I looking at here? It kinda looks like cornbread with anchovies or pieces of lizard baked into it.

Some point around here, these stopped being rations and started being just regular meals.

It's cornbread with sage. The image name literally says 'sage.'

What dinosaur produces milk you can make cheese from?

My hobgoblin has yet to find a dinosaur he can't milk. His booze also comes from it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crop_milk

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kumis

It was kinda funny seeing Skyrim's nords disdaining someone for drinking milk. The most famous and sucessful barbarians of all time drank milk fresh, fermented and distilled.

What do you have against ?
>Fish freshly caught from a river you were passing.
>Quail eggs safely stored in rolled oats
>Dried Sausage
>Dried Fruit
>Possibly the hardest cheese out of all of the images
>Some sort of flaky, seeded flatbread?

>dinosaurs with nipples

Milk is full of protein, fats and has a bunch of extra calories to help you bulk up, nords are just mentally retarded in skyrim unfortunately and don't know shit about nutrition

10 days journey in such a region? Considering the party, their taste and the fact that they are travelling on an airship......

Probably around half a ton for 6 people. Including sweets and baked goods. Maybe fish will be caught. Who knows.

So for the cleric it would mostly be whatever is on the table as well as 3 packets of smokes a day, so 30 packs for the week.
For the Mage: Whatever he can spin around and experiment on. Possibly dragon jerky
For the Dragon: Whatever she can get her hands on and that isnt locked away
For the second dragon: Whatever he can have and is sweet.
For the dragons caretaker: The blueberry muffins the dragons ate.

Also catfolk fury food will not be packed due to nuclear threat

pic unrelated

I've that is actually good all things considered, so it would be good travel food.

what is all that?

not her but why?

>her

Going clockwise from top left, with the mushy meaty bits:
>Looks like cooked liver, probably with garlic?
>Smoked cheese sprinkled with pepper.
>Spiced and herb-encrusted smoked sausage.
>Hard tack
>Dried root vegetables of assorted varieties
>Dried mushrooms, probably of assorted varieties.

>he thinks the milk comes from nipples and not from their cocks

Nothing but little cakes.

Current character is an alcoholic vampire so I guess a drunk hobo or two and a few dozen bottles of whisky .

>Current character is an alcoholic vampire
da fuq

VTM game, one of his character flaw is anybody he drinks from has to have alcohol in their bloodstream

You are a son of a bitch, and I love you.

nice

Hardtack, only hardtack. A giant sack of hardtack that doubles as a weapons.

>not her(male)
what are you doing my dude

The mystic would probably carry a bunch of whole millet grain, or maybe some made into a quick bread. He would have yams, honey, and maybe some hard cheese. Dried spiced fish, and dried dates would be likely as well.

My ranger mostly carries barley flour, goat cheese, and root vegetables. Plenty of salted meats and pickled vegetables with a huge collection of seasoning and herbs. He is great cook, and a goliath, so he tends to be a walking pantry.

In the game I am running? Those fuckers would by and large die in the forest before day four, but here goes.

>Sociopathic slaver warlock with a drinking problem?
Dehydrated and dead within 2 days, assuming she has no one to take care of her. She would bring three wineskins, and only one waterskin, but that would be full of gin. Maybe bring delicious and rich, but easily spoil-able foods
>"Master hunter" ranger who I think is intentionally being played as actually autistic.
He would be well stocked with dried exotic fruits and some bread, but inevitably would get themselves eaten picking a fight with something way too big. Avoiding that he would eat like a king though.
>City girl sorceress who think all problems can be solved with liberal application of firepower and has yet to be proven otherwise?
Dried fruits, flat breads and hard tack, maybe couscous or rice?
>Lizardfolk Cleric that acts as the perpetually ignored moral compass?
Dried crickets, baked leafy vegetables, almonds and other nuts, and plenty of spiced and cured meats.
>Ratfolk jekyl and hyde artificer that hadn't been out of the factory he was born in until a few months ago?
If he packs for himself, pemican. Just a giant block of pemican. Like 2 months worth if you ate big meals 4 times a day. Maybe some hard tack. Luckily the ogre chef will probably pack for him, and he will be set up. He will likely eat the 10 days of rations in one meal though, and starve shortly after.

>that amount of morels

what am I doing spending my entire gold hoard on mushrooms?

are those fucking kale chips?

this looks delish, very french. what's in the jar though?

I've paid $15 for frog in NYC that looked worse than that.

raw ear fungus what the FUCK? that shit needs to be in soup. guess I am not a drow. nice goblet and knife.

This is almost me, except I subsist mainly on bread and honey.

It's probably some sort of wine for quaffing on the go or vinegar for preservation.

Well if there's no paladin in the party you've gotta get your morels somewhere

It is a double entente insult. A "Milkdrinker" as in you are cocksucker or a titsucker.

Get

My goblin ninja usually steals small amounts of rations from the other four PCs, and our assorted camp followers, to make up his daily rations.

Judging by those ration pictures a lot of fantasy races like to eat dog turds.

A fun way to explain rations is to put a spin on what snacks people are eating at the table. Chips are now potatoes and soda is flavored mead

Basically whatever's on hand unless he's with a wider company. His mother was a huntmaster and he trained with rangers. He'll just hunt.

It helps that any temperate forest he'd be in on the same continent is either part of his homeland or somewhere he still knows the game in.

My players are on a fully flooded planet.

Their diet consists of seaweed, fish, prawn powder(like cricket flour), and pickled fruits that are basically water lemons.

Tribal in homebrew space-tech RPG, has a near cultist following of off-world technology and its creators.

Would probably stock up on nothing but MREs if found, because they're far more "advanced" items unlike the filthy berries, roots, and animal meat, and they should be consumed instead to be more like them than a filthy tribesman. Bad taste and ill side effects are obviously the toxins from the non-MREs combating the purity of the futuristic meal.

>needing rations

my barbarian carries a pouch of meat around solely so he can lure animals to speak to or Beast Sense with. other than that he hunts as needed.

>i've had one of these
>they've been legitimately better than my family's thanksgiving meals
>i will never tell them

%%%
%%%
%%%

>elf
>kale chips

would they be anything but? Elves are hipster douches.

I love steve1989 :D

>I'm so pleb I buy morels

Get on my level, kiddo.

What sort of picture-perfect sausages do you eat?

Well, Flambé the Lynian alchemist would probably take cured pork and bread. Everything else he knows how to find in the forest. He makes meals for the party on the regular and his infusions usually take the form of meat pastries and other delicacies he's prepared in the morning.

Benjamin Hughes the human (telekinetic) weapon wouldn't think to take anything and would thusly starve.

Narissa the halfling Paladin of pharasma would take sausage tack and water. She's not into overt luxury but recognizes the usefulness of a calorie dense food during travels.

Buglegar Granite-Mane would take several skins of mead, a full haunch of smoked ham, several loaves of crusty dense dwarven style bread and a small key filled with plump helmets.*

*like a potato in mushroom form with purple flavour.

Ebenezar (M&M time wizard) wouldnt take anything as there is no such thing as a 10 day journey for him.

He hasn't had to rough it since he figured out how to fold space and teleport.

>rations
>not hunting for everything
>picking berries, catching small game, maybe getting a deer or something

what kinda shitty survivalist are you?

Bits of thief guild guys my kobold oracle barbequed last game session (burnt with third of mansion) and anything left next random encounter...

Lots of chocolate bars/food scrounged off the rest of the party.

Luxury version: Hard tack, biscuits, zwieback, smorrebrod or whatever bread-ersatz exists. Oatmeal. Flour (can be used to make bread, or can be used when making a soup. Dried/smoked/cured meats and sausages. Lard. Some kind of cheeses. Dried peas, beans, lentils or rice. Potatoes or rutabaga, if they exist. Honey. Dried fruits and vegetables. Salt and dried spices. Some wine, beer or cider.

Minimalist version: Flour (bread), oats (porridge), dried peas or beans (soup), smoked bacon, salt.

He said, journey in 10 days. This implies time restriction that probably prohibits losing time hunting and foraging.

your party sounds like a bunch of snowflake autists, and represent everything wrong with the current state of tabletop roleplaying games. Congratulations.