Pregnancy in trpgs

How do you handle pregnancy in trpgs?

>Do you roll dice after every sexual encounter?
>Do you assume birth control or other precautions were taken?
>Do you simply not mention it?
>Have you ever had a character get pregnant in a game you played?
>How do you determine if a character gets pregnant?
>Are PC's and NPC's different in this regard?
>What happens if a PC gets pregnant?
>Do you worry about miscarriages?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloaca
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ask me how I know you posted this with your dick out.

I drew a stick figure of my bff's pc on the toilet looking at bloody toilet paper and saying 'oh.' I think that proves I'm a girl pretty hard.

that means nothing in regards to dick or no dick

Oh shit sorry I forgot not all women don't have dicks.

I have no dick.

...So.. what is it like a 20% chance of pregnancy or?

Oh wow, another blatant fetish thread. But it's okay because this one was posted by someone alleging to have a vagina. Kill yourself and peep this 8, in no particular order.

Actually my friend's character had The Sex in a tabletop roleplaying game and we were curious how other people handle that shit. In the end we decided it would be a lot of shit to deal with and just handwaved it.

2-5% after each encounter. Pregnancy is not terribly likely unless you are banging constantly.

Ok, I thought I heard 20% but I get the feeling that's like... over the course of the month regularly. Or more accurately it determines ovulation.

Still curious if it's something most DM's just handwave or if anyone has decided to play it straight and see what happens.

What about nonhuman races? Goblins and kobolds breed so quickly that you'd think they had a little higher odds than 2-5%

My party has two kobolds who're doing just that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloaca

That doesn't really answer the question one bit.

Also,
>How long is the egg inside her and how long will it take to hatch after it comes out?
>How many eggs?

>How do you handle pregnancy in trpgs?
The same way I handle cancer, for the most part. I don't concern myself with it unless it's for story reasons. Generally speaking, I'm not going to spring a pregnancy on a PC (if they're trying to get pregnant or trying to get somebody pregnant, or if the player thinks it would be an interesting plot development, that's a different story). If I decided to make pregnancy a possibility, I might arbitrarily roll some dice, or I might just make a decree. I really don't have a system for it. I don't really tend to focus on the issue, but I do assume that there are commonly-used methods for birth control (whether magical charms, herbs, implants, hypos, etc.).

>Do you roll dice after every sexual encounter?
Nah. Generally I only worry about it if the characters in question are trying to get pregnant (or if, at a minimum, they're in a loving committed relationship). And I just go with my gut instead of rolling for it.

If I were running a game where having and raising children was a significant element, I'd probably worry more about it.

>Have you ever had a character get pregnant in a game you played?
Not in the game itself but in the "epilogue", yeah. She had two children.

>Are PC's and NPC's different in this regard?
Definitely to an extent. It depends on the individuals, obviously, but a PC getting pregnant is a much bigger deal than a PC's spouse or some random barmaid getting pregnant, so I'm more likely to have the latter happen "unexpectedly".

>What happens if a PC gets pregnant?
Probably some growing penalties to movement speed and, y'know, lots of other stuff.

>Do you worry about miscarriages?
No, I generally don't like including massive frickin' bummers in my games. And using miscarriages for the sake of drama is overdone.

I swear to God, the second medical technology can make me not-barren...

Doesn't even have to go that far. Just have them breed like rodents or lagomorphs with a nice, quick, convenient estrus cycle.

Does it benefits the story?
>Y: Discuss the matter with the players concerned in order to introduce it in your game in the best possible way.
>N: Don't include pregnancy.

Basically.

All impregnated women must report to the disintegrator. It's the only way to keep the Dark One from ushering in the apocalypse.

well this is a stupid fucking thread.

The Gods decided, after so many orphans and single parents, that anyone considered an adventurer would be unable to have kids the regular way, and would instead have to complete an expensive, complicated ritual that involves retiring from adventuring.

Forgot to mention, the ritual does not include sex or pregnancy in any way, and the child will come into the world with a destiny limiting their free will. It's how every Chosen One is born.

Book of Unlawful carnal knowledge has the rules for this I recall.

Please remember that it's canon Asmodeus/Ahriman Eats the Souls of the Unborn and Atheists so, Abortion helps LE take over the universe.

Though I've never had to deal with it. personally as a GM I'd never have a PC get pregnant or get anyone pregnant unless it's the end of the campaign or if they really want to have a kid.

I just think in the case of a normal adventure, it's either completely pointless to bring up, only really affecting the conclusion of the story in short campaigns, or in a longer campaign where the baby could come to term, just hinder a female PC with mounting stat penalties, effectively sidelining them unless they need to do absolutely zero physical activity, which of course is not the case for any adventurer. Then issues arise with birth, then having to care for the child in an adventure, which if the player's character wishes to be a part of the child's life, is a bit unfeasible.

Another issue is just how uncomfortable situations can get if a PC gets wounded. A gunshot to the abdomen gets really awkward if a PC is pregnant and you're not running a dark campaign.

>No idea, it's what the DM rolls
>That needs to be specified
>No it's something we've dealt with
>Yes, my own character for one
>No idea, it was the DM that determined it
>Not the DM so can't say
>Had to play through the pregnancy
>Of course, what a stupid question

>How do you handle pregnancy in trpgs?
Use the rules from FATAL

>implying adventurers aren't dragonic offsprings hatched from eggs.
We all know the truth here.