World of Darkness/Chronicle of Darkness General /wodg/

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness General

No Magewankery allowed, this is a thread about THE WORLD OF DARKNESS, not about how strong your PC is and how can he destroy the universe.

Previous thread: >Pastebin:
pastebin.com/7HiVphFm

>News
theonyxpath.com/now-available-cursed-necropolis-rio/
paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
theonyxpath.com/when-will-bill-rage-monday-meeting-notes/

For those who don't know, here's the information we have thus far on the 5th edition of WoD:
pastebin.com/pvAtApt1

What's a popular gripe or complaint about a gameline that you just don't get?

>first for mage supremacy

Complaints about Dreaming's hopefulness.

>No Magewankery allowed, this is a thread about THE WORLD OF DARKNESS, not about how strong your PC is and how can he destroy the universe.
How pathetic can you get?

Less pathetic than munchkin mages, that's for sure.

Speaking of Mage faggotry, how do you guys like to play your mage campaigns? I like spooky occult mysteries kinda shit. If a backing soundtrack of blue oyster cult is appropriate for the campaign, you're doing something right.

>What's a popular gripe or complaint about a gameline that you just don't get?

Mage Supremacy

I like to play the biggest douche possible. Turning Mage-haters' PCs into lawn chairs and selling them to fat rednecks to sit on.

Pure bliss.

Apparently not, because they win when you let them troll you so hard you feel the need to add a line to the OP, like that won't just motivate them.

Oh man! I came in here to write >MAGE MAGE MAGE! CAIN IS GAY VAMPFAGS ARE GAY LAWNCHAIRS??? HEEEEEEEE

Anyway, shall we get started on discussing all the things we could do as Mages, good sir? How can I:

-create flawless waifus
-ensure trump is president forever
-kill anyone who dare unironically mention an alternate pronoun on the internet or in any CofD or WoD book
-send my community college to the Abyss
-send my shift manager at Target to the Abyss

I just copied the previous OP, mages will write countless words of reactionary butthurt.

Who loses more here, I wonder? (since there is obviously no winner)

The hopefulness doesn't bother me, the artwork and theme of "I don't wanna grow up!!!" are what bothers me.

Was there any good CtD art?

>What's a popular gripe or complaint about a gameline that you just don't get?

"Racism" in oWoD books.

>since there is obviously no winner

Except there clearly is. Can you guess?

>-create flawless waifus
Life and Mind.
>-ensure trump is president forever
Life and Fate.
>-kill anyone who dare unironically mention an alternate pronoun on the internet or in any CofD or WoD book
Space and pretty much any other Arcanum.
>-send my community college to the Abyss
Don't know.
>-send my shift manager at Target to the Abyss
Summon an Abyssal entity.

I may look like a mild-mannered otaku, but I'm actually an Archmage with utter mastery of reality and an IQ of 146

Yeah, it's Caine

>take IQ test
>get 138
Am I smart, Veeky Forums?

CtD did have some pretty decent art direction and they had some of the big names in the industry at the time like Guay and DiTerlizzi.

Why are people shitting about Dave H leaving Changeling 2E? Do we know what is being changed?

You sure are, you special person you! Surely with that vast intellect you'll rise above the unwashed normie masses and lead us to a golden age of meme magick!

>he doesn't know what happens to vampires when they take a wizard's girlfriend
>thistriggersthedresden.jpg

Unless it's an Archmage

kek

prime 6

Read the filename nerd.
dresden who? Didn't it get bombed or something?

>wizards
>girlfriends
Pick one and only one.

But I don't wanna

>archmage's waifu

are you saying his waifu is also an archmage? kek

Apparently Rose is gutting it.

6 ain't a prime number you dingus.

Everyone laugh at this stupid magefag!

Reminder that it only takes six dots in either Correspondence, Spirit or Prime to end Caine for good.

>wizards
>girlfriends

Shhhh, user. Ride the wave, don't drown in it.

I JUST WANT TO LIVE IN A WORLD WITHOUT MAGES

YOU DO

Reminder that it only takes six dots in either Power or Privilege to end Racism for good.

Says who and what was there to gut?

I read some of the previews, the only interesting change from 1E was the relation between kith and seeming, which still felt flimsy and weird. For example, to be a Darkling now, the PC needed to betray or hurt someone to escape their durance. Which seems limiting to me.

Here's Iterators 2.0
With short explanations of Attainments, and a more well-worded Legacy explanation.
It's less a "let's dick about in virtual reality" legacy and more a "enhance your Magic through coding" legacy.
Also no Libertines, as it sees Virtual Reality as a tool, not something with inherent worth.

tl;dr
Mages run simulations and practice Imagos over and over to use Legacy Yantras, then use Prime/Forces attainments for Utility.

To late, thinking about drowning myself already.

Is there a sourcebook that gives an example on how mage society and councilium works on a day to day basis.

Sanctum & Sigil is your best bet.
As well as the Silver Ladder book.
Former for Mage Society dynamics, latter for Consilium and Convocation dynamics.

Both might be a tad dated, but they're still mostly good and not really that affected by the edition change.

Game tonight, anons.
Freshly made PCs.

We have

Daeva
>BP 3
>Celerity 2 Dominate 1
Nosferatu (this is me)
>BP 2
>Obfuscate 2 Vigor 1
Moros
>Gnosis 3
>Death 2 Matter 2 Forces 2
Werewolf
>PU 3
>didn't pay attention (don't care for wolves)

Any tips, pointers or overall warnings for mishaps?

Did that sniper rifle fighting style from the armory ever get an update?

I'm running Mage the Ascension right now in a fictional metropolis in Cali. The PCs are being extremely cautious despite their god-like power because most of them are squishy as hell.

Nonetheless last session ended with them chasing a 400 lb Mexican cartel member vampire down the road with all of them running like 40 MPH in the middle of broad daylight [no one around] so that was fun. If you're curious how the chase scene was possible, the answer is Fortitude. Lots and lots of Fortitude. Fucker took forever to burn.

I've been lurking /wodg/ for a while and I've noticed that you people don't seem to like M20, Beast and that new Vampire-Covenant book. What's so bad about them?

>don't care for wolves

M20 has garbage rules for Magic, and too much focus on inane drivel such as making sure people eat ethical food, and ensuring that the Traditions have gender-neutral names.

Beast is a steaming pile of shit that never escaped its otherkin revenge fantasy origins.

I have no idea about the Vamp book though.

M20 has a ton of problems, among them

1. It messes up Paradigm and Foci so badly you have Virtual Adepts casting with yoga.

2. The author is a bonafide occultist who tries to turn Mage magic into (((real))) magic, in contrast to the usual theme of "Do not try this at home"

3. He fills the book with so many asides about political bullshit and snack recommendations he leaves out rules for Sorcerers, Archspheres, and oh yes, HOW TO USE MAGIC. In a game called MAGE, he leaves out half the rules for how you cast spells in a book that is like 700 pages long!

Its also kind of a mess, fucks with the lore of a ton of groups [the Taftani can cast through high-tech and now view subtly as acceptable. I'm done here]

Watch out for the Mage.
The shit you can do with 2 dots in Forces and Matter will blow your fucking mind.

Gravity funnels, kinetic barriers, invisibility spells, and those are just the obvious ones.

Is the covenant book the one that has ritual castration?

>The author is a bonafide occultist who tries to turn Mage magic into (((real))) magic

It was like this in previous editions. M20 ironically makes magic(k) easier to use than Revised, and more openly abusable.

Brujah need to do some squats

Need a bit more info on the players themselves. Also situations are they going up against?

Your mage player is going to be reigning supreme the entire time. Force him/her to play something else. You should never run crossover with Mage. Ever.

Oooooooh yeahh watch out for the mage! You and the others should try and come up with a good contingency plan against him, not that it will matter if you PISS HIM OFF!!!

Just be sure to not play any rap around him because rap is for sleeper cucks

A mix of petty political drivel and weird arcane happenings.
Inspired by Bloodlines and the Ocean House Hotel only more exaggerated and focal to the plot.

>You should never run crossover with Mage. Ever

Why?

Then in that case you should be fine. The only thing you really need to worry about is the generic things, does the wolf sacred hunt off screen?

I don't see why people hate on Beast, Changeling, and Werewolf fanbases for being furries when the average Mage fan is 100 times more insufferable than any weirdo who jerks off while wearing a tail

die

please

Because they're stronger then the other splats by an order of magnitude. Everything your Nosferatu can do with Obfuscate, the Mage can do, better, with Forces 2, and that isn't 1/10th of what they CAN do with Forces 2.

The abilities of the other splats are linear, just

"You can do X by spending Y resource"

Mages powers are freeform within certain confines, he can literally make up new powers on the fly and give them to himself.

It doesn't really matter if the mage can do things as well as the others, as long as everyone can do cool things no one really cares. That and assuming the players aren't stupid they're going to focus on different arenas so they can cover the most ground anyways.

No one hates Beast for being furry. People hate beast because it's awful.

If you say so brah.

user's peer is playing a Moros. A haunted hotel theme isn't going to fly.

*awful otherkin wankfest

Have your werefag and gothnards gang up on the mage whore and kill it.

It can't take on three opponents at once.

Proceed to boot Mage player or tell it to pick a better template.

>having challenges the players have the tools to beat is a bad thing
?

Just so a moros can turn me into his undead fuckslave??? Yeah, not falling for that one again!

>It can't take on three opponents at once

Mages can take on scores of critters.

>Everything your Nosferatu can do with Obfuscate, the Mage can do, better, with Forces 2
I just checked both cores and no, that really isn't true.

Why are so many methuselahs homos?

I understand if they were embraced in ancient greece or something, but you're telling me that someone raised up in biblical times is going to be a shitstabber?

Mechanically it doesn't even work. Hunger is supposed to be the central resource you have to manage but it's utterly trivial from Char-gen.

Because oWoD is shit.

Which methuselahs are homos?

I'm pretty sure the Tzimisce Antediluvian is a homosexual.

Truly, he would be the greatest husbando.

Just shitpost, user. Become part of the problem and then you won't be a victim.

Now that I reread that sentence it sounds like a very succinct explanation for the Seers.

No no, Divis Mal is still the best homo husbando white wolf has ever made.

Replace 'beat' with 'circumvent entirely' and that would be more accurate.

From off the top of my head
>dracon
>michael
>kemintiri
>antonius

And these are just 4th gen.

Try living for a thousand years and see if you're still willing to put up with female bullshit

>You should never run crossover with Mage. Ever
>Why?

The problem with mages and crossover extends well beyond mages' vast combat capabilities.

Mages are basically the "detective splat," and the inherent powers, weakest Arcana and available resources easily uncover mysteries that would take other splats an entre chronicle to discover.

Mages are simple designed for a much higher level of adversary or far more obscure mystery that most other splats. If you've designed a mystery for vampires, werewolves or changelings, unless the mage player is a complete and utter idiot, expect the character to reveal the problem before breakfast using a fraction of the mage's abilities, even a newly Awakened mage. This is not fun for the other players and damn frustrating for the ST.

Michael was pretty hot tho

Speaking of mysteries, what are some of the best mysteries you Magesters have encountered in a game?

>what are some of the best mysteries you Magesters have encountered in a game?

Women

Speaking of, hey anyone who plays or run Mage:

What are the best mysteries your PCs have investigated?

Stupid fucking captcha lies

magnets

>Why are so many methuselahs homos?

Your asking the entirely wrong question.

The real question is why so many WW staff and fans are gay [or trans, mentally ill, socially awkward, SJW's. etc.], and why they need to make so many uber-powerful npc's just like them, no matter how improbable or if the breaks verisimilitude, as a means of self-validation.

If there's any doubt about the phenomenon, one needs to simple read any WW thread on rpg.net.

>mages going their own way

>I just checked both cores and no, that really isn't true.

Except it is true.

I understand that, at least.

You have to remember that a lot of masquerade is inspired by Anne Rice's series, which is pretty fucking gay in and of itself, and would therefore attract only faggots and such.

This gets the ball rolling and soon enough everyone in the gamelines' either a faggot or mentally ill.

It's not true. Masturbating can help scratch that itch but it's not anywhere near as satisfying as being with someone. For me, anyway.

Maybe because there weren't enough lgbt characters in DnD? Totally unfathomable why people who were/are regularly shit on by the majority are drawn to a form of entertainment with characters they can relate to!

I support LGBT, but having various sexualities thrown in your face just screams unrealism.

So when do mages start to outclass vampires and werewolves? Is there a definitive moment?

Veeky Forums x helps a little but it doesn't change the fact that the forums or fucking rpgnet are better for discussing wod then this place is at this point.

Michael was a douche and a player. He was also completely delusional.

Where do you live? Do you go outside much?