>the dungeon is a mimic
>the adventurer is a mimic
>the mimic is a mimic

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Vrb0BCvw
royalroadl.com/fiction/8894
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I CAST FIST, and hit the floor!

Which of those mimics is your favourite? I personally enjoy mimics that are dumb and a little shitty at their job so they set up in incongruous places and are a little off with their mimicry. Nonsense writing, upside-down locks, not quite right angles, that sort of thing.

I cast magic missile on the building

>entire mega mansion estate is all mimics
>your task is to find the single non-mimic object within

Dinner is mimic.

OH GOD FUCK NO DON'T EAT THE MI-

>mimic is lobstercrab

oh fuck me someone start a mimic farm we're gonna be rich and slathered in hot butter

>mimic farm
That sounds neat, actually. Just one gigantic room with a bunch of chests.

And every morning a farmer comes out and dumps novice adventurers into their trough.

>the adventurer is a mimic
Can this be a legit backstory? If so, I will attempt it when we finish our campaign.

Only if he has amnesia and legitimately believe he is an adventurer. Perhaps used to be a chest mimic and absorbed the memories of a wizard he ate. Sort of like a Worm that Walks but not nearly as powerful

>the kingdom is a mimic

Reversest mimic
>semisapient slime-esque creatures that can feel surface thoughts and emotions.
>feed on joy and surprise
>they stick pieces of wood to their outer surface in an attempt to look like boxes or chests.
>collect scraps from around the dungeon when they can't feel anyone around.
>sometimes it's wood, sometimes metal, sometime cloth, sometimes flesh, hide, and bone from corpses.
>when it senses someone who might find it, it scuttles off to find a place to sit and starts using what it's collected to make various objects for visitors to find, smushing themselves flat against their wooden shell so that they look normal when opened.
>mimics don't inherently understand what living things want, but make guesses based on past experiences and what they manage to glean from visitors.
>young mimics will often mistakenly not recognize that some shapes are only supposed to be made from certain materials or it might mix up patterns
>This is why sometimes you'll see weird things like underwear made out of chainmail, sharpened wooden swords, or leather armour with inexplicably placed metal studs in it come out of dungeons. It's doing its best, but doesn't know any better.
>More experienced mimics figure out how to make more detailed or appealing equipment, and also copy trinkets and objects that they've seen visitors using, including magic items if they can find the right materials.

They just want to make you happy when you see what they've made for you.

Are they friendly mimics?

Has Veeky Forums encountered friendly mimics in their adventures?

Here's a story about a VERY friendly mimic:

pastebin.com/Vrb0BCvw

How does the joke go again?
>Adventuring party walks into a bar
>They completely destroy a table
>Bartenders asks "Why did you destroy that table?"
>They say "We have had too many encounters with mimics"
>The bartender laughs, the party laughs, the chairs laugh

>the chest is Alpha Legion
>the cloak is Alpha Legion
>the coins are Alpha Legion
>the room is Alpha Legion
>the door is Alpha Legion
>the ceiling is Alpha Legion
>the floor is Alpha Legion
>the dungeon is Alpha Legion
>the mimic is Alpha Legion
>this thread is Alpha Legion

This reminds me to that one idea of the mimics being essentially shape shifting lobsters which grow forever until they are killed, with the tiny coin mimics being like the babies, with everything inbetween being another stage of it's life until it's just a giant castle/dungeon thing.

I kind of want to wear a sapient, or at least tamed, cloak mimic.

Imagine just fucking sicking your Veeky Forums as fuck cloak at someone and watching it maul them to death.

No no, it's a warehouse where every shelf is full of mimic chests.

The lock on the back door is real weak and easy to pick and on the outside of the warehouse the signs all read "Unopened Reclaimed Treasure Chests Holding Site B"

Anyone have the original images?

IN one of my games we were chased through the woods by a dire mimic posing as a nice log cabin. We just kept finding identical log cabins over and over again until eventually we figured we were cursed or trapped in a demi-plane or something, so we tried to burn the cabin down then it attacked and that's when things went bad.

I'd buy a novel with a premise like that

whats the sauce on this? ive seen lots of pages from it but ive never heard the name

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka

>posting on Veeky Forums
>doesn't know Dungeon Meshi
I'm legitimately impressed.

You've know Berserk at least, right?

Which is the more apt Epic Level comparison to a mimic? Living Vault or Genius Locus?

Ship of traveling merchants, is actually just enchanted puppets that pretend to be merchants, all the treasure is mimics, and the captain is the mimic boat.

I think I just hired a mimic my party ran into for my fledgling detective agency. No idea what I'm going to do with that, but I'm sure there's no way this can go wrong.

>find mimic in dungeon
>it had an entire adventuring party only yesterday
>not interested in more prey
>is willing to part with it's treasure lures, but only if you leave it a treasure of equal or greater appeal
>it knows details about the dungeon as well, but they're old and likely unreliable
>later on, can be questioned for quest-relevant historical knowledge it was alive for, but ensure it's well fed before trying to talk to it

>the mimic is a mimic
I want that to mean it's a guy dressed up in a mimic costume operating it like the Jabba the Hutt puppet.

The GM is a mimic

The next time I try to make a really comfy setting, I'll have to use this.

There's a friendly mimic in the Shackled City campaign path, it hangs out in the first dungeon and just wants food and people to talk to it (I think it only speaks gnomish)

Holy shit thats nice.

Busty bar wench's chest is a mimic.

I have a cool head-cannon about mimics about how they age and are made

>Youngling
Often a formless mass ejected from Adults that quickly finds home in clustered messes taking on basic forms such as pots, cups, paper while feeding off bugs, insects, birds
>Adolescence
A growing mimic increases in size and starts to experiment in larger objects such as chairs, tables, drawers and most popularly chests, taking on the basic shape and form but often having incorrect details, such as wrong patterns, discolored sections, and warped parts. At this stage the mimic has a average diet of medium sized mammals and creatures like dogs, cats, even humans and children orcs.
>Adult
The proper stage where the mimic perfects it shape, staying true to what its copying and have exact details. The mimic at this stage also starts to develop a Youngling which it will later eject and restart the process. The diet stays the same as the adolescence stage but will also be much more aggressive about it targets.
>Elder
Oldest stage for a mimic and often the rarest one as mimics usually are killed off during there adult stage. At this stage the mimic starts to deteriorate in quality, with its form getting grayer and grayer as the mimic will start to slow down with age and be more passive. Rarely elders will also eject younglings, but only during dire time of a low population. Once elders die of old age they simply loss form and become a pile of white goo that acts like glue.

What do you guys think of this?

>God is a mimic.

>mimics are God's true, chosen people
>all humans and elves are just mutant mimics that fell from grace and can't change shape

>Goddess is being tongue fucked by a mimic.

webmshare.com/AvYGA

90% of the treasure found in the dungeon is actually mimic's excrement. Who would actually leave piles of gold and magic swords in some closed room in the middle of nowhere?

By the way, Mimics feed on adventurers...

>Turn to your best friend and party tank in panic
>"Everything in this room is a mimic!"
>The party tank grabs your shoulder and looks you straight in the eye
>"No, you're the mimic!"

All I'm hearing is that there's a way to turn dead bodies into enchanted equipment.

Enjoy your cursed swords and +1 Merciful Nunchucks.

Grandpa's dead... But the grave mimic turned him into this sweet pair of magic boots, so there's that.

>the PARTY is a mimic

I remember fireballing every damn chest in some old CRPG due to too many mimics.

> Mimics turn corpses into shit treasure
>Actually need to be fed live humanoids for good loot
>Build "dungeon" in secret to get phat lewt from feeding peasants to mimics

BBEG is you!

I...think you forgot something, user. Like the whole body of your post.

If only they were easier to spot!

I backed this Kickstarter. My players are going to hate me.

Later the players find a whole load of animated items with mimic faces on them.
They're totally harmless. A wizard made them as a "scarecrow" for adventurers.

stop posting my neighborhood user

The waifu is a mimic?

>im the armoured mimic, and he is the collosal mimic

The mimic... is a waifu?

> Player: "I swing with my axe to knock the door down."
> DM: "The door dodges."
> Party's face when

The mimic is a spider!

>This thread
I fucking love mimics

Does anybody the meme mimic "memic" thread?

In fact I am the one who saved it.
Because as stated here.I FUCKING LOVE MIMICS.

>rich aristocrat commissions statue of a mimic made out of various assorted treasure

The post is a mimic.
user is a mimic.

[terrified screaming intensifies]

I like the idea of a mimic being a Crustacean with a similar habit to a hermit crab.
But it limits it's versatility as a monster.
Man I love the interpretations of all the monsters in dungeon meshi, especially the living armor

It's my money and I need it now! Call EIGHT SEVEN SEVEN CASH NOW.
Memic.

>This post is a mimic

> The antique magical kingdom that produced countless magical places, items and creatures is long gone.
> But the devoted mimics it spawned are doing their best to perpetuate their creator's realm.

>formed as part of some magics

Oh man, imagine if every time a wizard did a conjuration spell to create water or food one of the items on his person became a mimic?

Nah there's a chance the conjured item itself becomes the mimic. It's dormant at first at first but if you forget about that conjured sandwich in your lunchbox, they'll combine into a mimic.

>>The bartender laughs, the party laughs, the chairs laugh

The floor takes 8 damage, roll for initiative.

What's Berserk?
All I know about it is that there is an anime guy with a big sword.

Is that the one with that Kirk guy in it?

Don't worry mimic-chan, I still treasure you.

That's good.
>Here's an unrelated story as a reward.

I like hermit crab mimic but also like chest with teeth and tongue mimic.

This is adorable. We need a drawfag to draw a reverse mimic.

We just met a whole party of mimics in the last session. There was a treasure chest fighter, barrel rogue, beautycase bard, crate factotum, and a golden statue cleric (currently shattered, looking to be Raised).

They all came from the same dungeon that was looted by adventurers, and decided to try out something similar themselves.

Currently my party doesn't know
>their two Ultimate Wigs are mimics.

is this all the same mimic enthusiast user?

Out of all this, i just wonder what's the significance of the 2D room.
Is it supposed to be a waiting room?

Rolled 10 (1d20)

royalroadl.com/fiction/8894

Here's a mimic story for ya.
It becomes an adventurer at some point in the story.

>no one has posted this
well i guess i have a thing.

Why would we post 9fag shit? That's disgusting.

Oh hey. Someone capped my story.
I'm all proper chuffed now.