It's so hard to get my RPG group together as adults. All our lives are too Damn busy!

It's so hard to get my RPG group together as adults. All our lives are too Damn busy!

What is your age and how often do you get together with a group to role play?

Effin' 'ell, yer right. I'm 42 and we only play about every 3 weeks on average, what with holidays, kid's parties, family outings, overtime at work and the rest of the excuses.

Tough life being an adult...but at least we have plenty of cash to spend on game books.

I feel your pain (40 years old)! I'm in such a drought, I'm tempted to go to the local game store and see if any kids Would like me to GM them in a small campaign (if I find the time).

>see if any kids Would like me to GM

You are going to get some very perplexed stares, and possibly a police visit, my friend.

You are totally correct, anyone over 25 or with a real job should hand you their bank account and shoot themselves to free up your planet.

38 yo foreverDM here, and the oldest of our regular group of six players. Youngest is 31. We meet weekly.

I'm gonna talk to some high schoolers at church, actually, and see if they will play when my current campaign ends. I know they're already TTRPGers.

Early 20s player here. We meet every 1-2 weeks, increasingly for normie activities rather than roleplaying. The GM is unemployed so he has more time to write games.

>kids = young teens
Middle-aged people tend to see anyone under 30 as a kid. As you get older, your idea of what constitutes a 'kid' changes accordingly. I've seen 70-year-olds who perceive people in their 50s as kids.

Also I'd totally play with a chill middle-aged gamer just to have more of a taste of how more-experienced people play.

because once upon a time, those 70 year olds were adults while those 50 year olds were literally infants. they'll always be 20 years behind, in an older person's mind who honestly believes they've never stagnated as a human.

I'm 25 and never had a game before, the only Veeky Forums thing I do is collect hard copies of source books

Self employed.
Gf but no kids.
I play twice a week.
In one group I'm the youngest & we play Numenera.
In the other group I'm the oldest and we play 5th ed.
About twice a year I play 40k.
>I don't GM either.

Seriously, having kids will kill most of your hobbies. Wrap that rascal.

Get to a game shop and do it.

I'm over twice your age and involved in 3 games weekly at my gaming club. Players range from a 20 yo girl and up. I live in Nowheresville, literally in the woods and I make it happen. You can too.

26 here.

I play once or twice a week. I've been playing with my college buddies over roll20 for a for about 2-3 years now after we went our separate ways. We've more or less been consistently playing on Saturdays with the occasional Friday game. So far we have 3 dude who are married and one of them has a kid, but his life has been a mess for years so him needing to flake out hasn't been an issue. Now how long this will last I cannot say, but it's been good so far.

Unfortunately it's been a while since I've had a face to face game. I moved states for work and haven't really met new people other than my coworkers who are nice people but I wouldn't want to game with them. Even tried looking at Meetup groups and unfortunately the big RPG ones near me appear dead.

Every weekend.

Benefits of being in the military and having everyone you play with live in the same building as you.

Check out the movie Logan's run for an accurate depiction of what will happen to your gaming future once you turn 30.

age 42, wife, 10 mo old baby, 2 dogs
game every week sun 2pm-8pm
group of 6, i am second youngest, first is 37?

if you were born or young at any time i was already an adult, you are a kid! your response alone indicates as much.

30. The rest of the party ranges from mid 20s to early 30s. We manage every week or two, and that's with two of us being freelancers with very flexible hours.

Hah, I love that statue, always make me laugh.

Current DM is swamped with stuff, so we haven't met for 5 weeks now. Used to be 2-4 week intervals between sessions.

Planning my own game once per 1-2 weeks, work and studying takes its toll.

My gaming group is pretty age diverse.
2, a player and the DM, are in their mid-40's
I'm 31
and the DM's kids play who are 19 and 21.

The only tensions we have is 1.) the 21 year old can be a huge powergamer and thinks every campaign is just another experiment in his quest to win the game. 2). I got introduced to TTRPG's in my late 20's while the 40 year olds have been playing since AD&D, sometimes we bicker becuase I'd like to play a different type of setting or campaign (or even anything else besides DnD) and they are pretty stuck in there ways. It took me a good 4 months of pushing a migration to 5e from 3.5 before they would even look at the new players handbook.

Other than that we get along great.

I'm 23.

Out group are all between 22 and 25. We meet once a week.at least and sometime more, for one-shot mostly.

It's funny because my fiance (who's a player) live with me, and our roomate is also in our gaming group.

My besty also happens to be roomate with another of the players. All in all, we all live very close and have lots of fun.

Now if they would try Paranoia one day I would be one happy gm...

>the 21 year old can be a huge powergamer and thinks every campaign is just another experiment in his quest to win the game

This reminds me of when I was younger. It took a few years and a number of unique experiences to make me realize how shallow and unsatisfying this attitude is. I hope he grows out of it sometime.

Rpg games every two-three months.
Have tried to find motivation to get into 40k since forever, but those miniatures sadly don't build/paint themselves.

Once a week because we're all adults with set schedules. It's honestly so much easier than it was when I was in and right out of college; a group made of people with entry-level jobs with schedules that change weekly basically meant no gaming.

That might end up changing as each of us starts to grow our family as right now none of us have kids, but for the time being, ibs preddy guub.

We play every week, occasionally fortnightly due to family commitments. The group has grown up together from mid teens and all of our significant others are involved in playing RPGS with us or at the very least boardgame nights.

I'm 31, the youngest is my wife at 26 the oldest is 33.

/shrug idk just lucky I guess, people make it a priority to keep hanging out even though we have careers and families now.

He's not a total shithead about it or anything but sometimes he can creep into That Guy territory with his schemes. The DM does a good job of reeling him in before it gets out of hand.