Warmasters Triumvirate

Horrific Casualty Rate Edition

Warmasters Triumvirate is an attempt at creation yet another 40k AU. The Primarchs have changed, and instead of appointing a single Warmaster upon returning to Terra, the Emperor leaves the Great Crusade in the care of three of his sons. This eventually culminates in a civil war between Loyalists, Chaos Traitors and Seperatists...

Previous Thread: Things to work on:
>Begin work on the Auxiliaries of all the Factions
>Fill up the three factions as evenly as possible
>Continue fluffing out the legions we already have
>Decide on who the three Warmasters are
>Make sure the Chaos Gods are properly represented

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Sanguine_shields
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hqd6RLLgvLdYCIoLCHhQkidgXIsKUzrugyWu6pthEM/htmlview#
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for SHAMEFUR DISPRAY

seems we both opened a thread, huh.

I don't see yours in the catalogue, did you delete it?

Doing it now

I'm out for the night, keep the thread alive.

I was actually about to retire myself, as it is just past 1 here

At work until late tonight but carrying on from last thread I think we should work on how well the primarchs know each other and interact. It can really help to shape the story.

So, I think we should turn our attention towards the two undecided legions:
>Pillars of Balance
Monastic warrior monks of the Shaolin and Buddhist varieties that specialize in close quarters combat and psychic warfare. For whatever reason, their hyperlink on the sheet has been replaced by the Forge Lords.
>Steel Souls
Fusion of psykers and cybernetics, arguably the most psychic legion. Both the primarch and the legion have an expensive background in the legion's hyperlinked document.

The Traitor Legions are full and there is one space for Loyalists and another for Separatists. Any opinions on how those two should be allocated?

I'd say the steel souls would most likely go separatist, due to their use of tech, as that seems to be the way the separatists are avoiding being "Chaos But-". As in they innovate rather than look to the warp for power.

Restored the hyperlink of the Pillars of Balance.

I agree with you there. In my mind, it has always been Imperial Loyalists, Chaos Traitors and Heretech Seperatists.

Oh shit, he's back! Guess we're doing the Loyalist Noise Marines after all!

Now, the question I'm wondering is should we also have a human auxiliary regement paired with each legion? Sort of how the Death's Heads would mesh perfectly with the Death Korps of Krieg in the actual cannon.

It's also really good! I will be the first to tell you that we thoughts you had completely disappeared, so we scrapped the Disciples off of the list, with great sadness. But since you've come back, with well written origin and all, we'll gladly bring you back into the fold!

Not really how it works in canon HH.

Oh no I'm well aware. I'm just wondering if perhaps we'd like to do something of the sort. Seeing as we're splitting the imperium in half it wouldn't be impossible to see the legions training Auxiliary regiments in order to bolster their tactics and firepower.

I don't like that idea, as there would be far more than just twenty variations and some of the legions put more emphasis on working with humans than others, such as the Sentinels and Sons of Sovereignty.

I think it's best that focus is placed on the legions and establishing how the Horus Heresy unfolds this time around, before we start creating more and more factions.

No worries. Just shooting ideas to keep the thread alive

Do the auxiliaries have to be Guard, or can they be Sororitas or Skitarii or something like that?

I woukdn't say no outright, but I suppose it would depend on how close the parent legion or chapter would be to the mechanics for that? In the Separatist I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot more cooperation, but in the traditional imperium? I wouldn't have high hopes.

It's not nessecary to directly link Guard Regiments to Legions. Personally, I wouldn't be particularly interested in writing one, but if you, or anyone else, is, feel free to.

Once I get to my desk I'll look at the Legion line-up and we'll see if we're good on that front.
I also agree with , we need to get those factions filled so we can determine the course of events during the Heresy.

The Sororitas don't exist yet, the closest thing is the Sisters of Silence. The Sororitas don't work without their faith based powers, so the Emperor needs to be interred first.

Alright, so are there any other requirements for auxiliaries?

Well, that's the thing. When I say auxiliary I mean any imperium-based force that isn't one of core legions (which currently we're trying to finish shaping) so they don't have to be aligned with any particular legion, just so long as they aren't space marines. If that makes sense.

Also, I want to reply to from the duplicate thread. Copying it here so that it doesn't get lost when archiving:

---------------
I want to rework some of the stuff I have for the Death's Heads, as I feel like those things are a little bland atm. The specific things I'm looking at are:
>Changing their homeworld (I want to keep the vibe of Calgoa, but the name doesn't fit their theme), giving them somewhere proper to recruit from en masse
>Changing up Einchurt's role on their homeworld prior to the coming of the Imperium
>Fleshing out their relations with the other Legiones and other branches of the Imperium
Also I'm thinking of writefagging a bit. For that, however, we need to decide a bit more on the events of the Heresy (at least the early ones), such things as:
>Ullanor or similar massive triumph? Where is it, against who, by who?
>Is there an Istvaan-esque event (III and V)? Who is involved on both sides? Where does it take place?
>At what point do the Separatists decide to secede? What causes them to congeal together?
---------------

>Changing the homeworld
Seems like a good decision. This might be one of those cases where giving the world an obviously German name might be fitting.

>Eichurt's role
Another good decision. Him not really doing much on his homeworld kind of bothered me.

>Fleshing out relations
That's something we should all be doing, but it becomes much easier once all the origins are in.

As for the other points, plotting out the basic events of the Heresy is something we should all be trying to do together. The best way to do that seems to be:
>Filling in the legions
>Filling in the factions
>Appointing leaders of those factions
>Placing the events we need in a believable timeline.

Also, SepMech, you suggested the Sanguine Shield, and that's fine, but there's a Veeky Forums made chapter with that name already:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Sanguine_shields

I knew it sounded familiar, then I remember I posted in those threads when they were on here.

Lol where's the doc link you scrub?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14hqd6RLLgvLdYCIoLCHhQkidgXIsKUzrugyWu6pthEM/htmlview#
Here it be

That seems sensible

I agree. The Pillars of Balance also seem like a better fit for the Loyalist forces.

The Pillars going Loyalist might actually be interested, because it would mean that the Primarch that, most likely, write the Lectitio Divinitatus-like document stays loyal and might actually be able to lead the Ecclesiarchy-like organisation. Would that make the Imperium more of less religious?

Fuck's sake. I seem to have completely lost the ability to spell words properly.

I feel like an Ullanor-esque event is still a good idea, and in this AU maybe all three Warmasters were there?

Also, I'm honoured that Je'She was voted Warmaster. I am working on a lot more fluff, so don't worry about him or his legion being bland

I'm sure you'll do a fine job.

I'd like for someone to update the legion line-up chart. That way, we can really hit the color schemes out of the park.

So, I played around a bit and changed the silver/gunmetal to gunmetalgrey/darksteel. Also I was intrigued by the dark red so i added it. and a poncho^^. i think every brother should have one.

Forgive my awful photoshopskills. the poncho is supposed to be dark red as well^^

Did you photoshop the poncho on there yourself? Cuz that's actually pretty good!

The gunmetal grey looks really good, but I'm not fond of the dark red on them. The scarves draw way more attention to themselves if they're a brighter color. look at pic related.

I wish I could, but it was just a poncho cut from another figure.

Concerning the colors, I am not a big fan of brighter ones.

The dark red on the armor looks fine, I'd just try to make the poncho a brighter color. That should be perfectly doable in photoshop, isn't it?

Uhm... I was not really able to^^ I can cut things apart and reorganize them, but changing colors, or the tone....

I haven't used photoshop in years, but changing colors is one of it's primary features from what I remember...

Legion Symbol^^

I don't know how without ruining the poncho.

Crossed bolters, instant classic. What do the markings represent?

Roman 3. But can also mean 3 persons (or people of the 3rd legion) and it can also stand for smoke^^

In the previous thread it was mentioned Primarch relations/rivalries was a dangerous business in AUs. May I ask why that is?

From my personal experiences, it shouldn't be much of a problem at all. It can just be a kind of hassle to set up, but working one out for the Great Crusade era should be doable.

Symphonious Disciples user here, I'm glad to hear it.

Accidentally quoted this post, sorry for any confusion. Are we going to be going with the Imperial Guard this time around, or a different organization entirely?

One thing I realized later on, is that the Primarch being called Yochin and he planet being called Yozhin might get slightly confusing.

I'm pretty sure we're going for the Imperial Guard. With different Primarchs the Imperium is going to develop differently though, which means the regiments will likely be different. I mean, now that there's no Primarch to make it a legion homeworld, a Macraggan guard regiment could be interesting?

oh hey, someone actually replied to my post from the dupe thread, was afraid I'd have to repost.
Renaming Calgoa should be easy, but I'm not sure what Einchurt's role on it should be. I'm unsure if I should just stick to the classic "warlord/king/tyrant" shtick, or try to come up with something unique

I think that depends on the direction you're looking to go with the homeworld. You could go for the LITERALLY HITLER angle and have a world where humans and xenos live together relative peacefully, which would be disgusting to Einchurt. Then he gets into power democratically, after which he starts wars everywhere with the intention of killing all xenos.

>The Traitor Legions are full and there is one space for Loyalists and another for Separatists. Any opinions on how those two should be allocated?
They shouldn't be.

What do you mean? You think they shouldn't be forced into a set position, or do you think they shouldn't join any faction?

We currently have few pysker primarchs are we going to work out each of their relative power levels. Don't want to write any ridiculous level power

Good idea. Primarch should pretty much be the baseline of how powerful a Primarch psyker can be.

I remember back during IA when people were legitimately discussing if a Primarch's psychic power should be '1.5x Magnus'.

"Rulers come and rulers go. When a tyrant gets overthrown, the revolutionary is bound to become a tyrant himself. On my homeworld reigned kings. They fell to my hand, and I took their place as tyrant. Now, as the gilded Emperor of Terra rules over my brothers, we shall be the architects of his fall. But I stand ready to bring the next reign, and bloody it shall be."

>Zelbezis Dyestes, announces to the Iron Guard Legion soon before the War of Secession

No primarch should be more powerful than magnus

Guess we should figure out some Seperatist imagery at some point too...

I'll find a better name then, haha

FUCK, why have I completely lost the ability to form sentences properly.

Yes, that's what I wanted to say. Magnus should be the max, especially if the Primarch has other significant skills and abilities.

Max in psy power or generally max?

If somebody fools the position, great. If they don't, oh well, we have a lost Legion.

And if they want to be traitors, let them be traitors.

>fools
Fills

Max in terms of Psionic powers.

The only Primarch I've seen that was intented to be an even greater Psyker than Magnus and wasn't an asspull was IA's Anshul. However, he was pretty much completely useless in any other form of combat, being a worse fighter than even Lorgar. His powers were also slightly different from Magnus, focusing more on teleportation and telepathy.

As I've said multiple times, I completely reject the idea of lost legions. Even then, it won't be an issue getting these two legions into either of the factions, since they're both willing to have their legion fill either of the slots.

Hmm...Would The Tide Breakers work for a legion name? Just spitballing new names at the moment.

I've said in Lambach's description that he is a moderately powerful pskyer but would get bested easily by the more complete psykers amongst the primarchs. So he's most likely more powerful than Pacha but weaker than Eien.

Ocean World Marines? I think it could work

I think it's alright.

Good name, though I expect them to have some ocean theme going on. Do make sure you don't make your primarch not!Aquaman.

This coming from a guy that unironically likes Aquaman

I can work that, I never really said what sort of world Altair was. Plus given their tactics and plans it makes sense. I'll just wait for one last vote before I lock it in. If anyone wants to give suggestions feel free.

Tide Breakers sounds great.

How about the aquamarines?

...I can't tell if it's supposed to be a pun or serious. And that worries me.

I once unironically named a chapter three Supermarines because it was a pun off the WW2 aircraft manufacturer. There's a Canon chapter named for it's color.

If you actually call your legion the aquamarines I will hang myself.

I suggest you call them Aquamarines

Yes, I will TOTALLY do that.
The colors will be orange, green and gold.

Yup. Aquamarines is the name you should go for^^

What have I done?

They should be aquamarine.

Seriously though, Tide Breakers sounds great.

Already changed.

Back from work, decided to throw together a few drafts for the Sons of Sovereignty. It's hard to find good vector art for crowns and swords.

How's this as a base though?

Won't be very active tonight, got D&D

It looks gold. But remember that sisters are usually connected with the fleur. Not that somebody thinks this is a female marine Legion.

So, sort of touching on the relationships of the Primarchs i've noticed that I am in a prime position to be a separatist. Because after reading through it, the Tide Breakers, Forge Lords and Titan Marchers all seem to have similar enough backstories that the differences in their development are enough that they'd be close brothers and the breaking would be heartbreaking for the three of them. However i'll leave that up to them.

However I would ask this: Sarco, would you want Mot to be the Mentor to Octavius because that's what I kinda see.

Mentor how? I'm not against it but Mot might require convincing.

More that Octavius sort of inherits a legion and isn't used to the massive scale of galactic warfare and so for a "brief" period of time his legion is in support of the Forge Lords.

I like the idea. What kind of campaigns would they go on in this time?

Speaking of the Forge Lords, what stuff do I need to work on the most for them?

I haven't really thought that far ahead, it really depends on how we make the opponents of the imperium really.

>More that Octavius sort of inherits a legion and isn't used to the massive scale of galactic warfare
Isn't that every primarch?

I suck at (digital) drawing, but here's a design for the Loxodontii emblem

I mean more in the sense that Mot has been in command longer and so for a short time Mot attempts to bring Octavius more over to his sort of mentality in warfare in life rather than his own moderate views.

Are the Sisters of Battle and even the Ecclesiarchy likely the develop in the same fashion though?

The two primary super-religious Legions and Primarchs are loyalist (or at least, one is loyalist and the other's likely to become loyalist) and are likely to define the evolution of religion in a post-Heresy Imperium. So I doubt it's likely to be end up as Fleur de Lys totting hyper Catholicism.

>Are the Sisters of Battle and even the Ecclesiarchy likely the develop in the same fashion though
Nope. Not gonna stop me from having SoBs though.

No Maria Vespa though.

>The super-religious chapter is the loyalist Noise Marines.

I'm picturing Sisters of Battle as ridiculous glamorous rock queens, with ranks such as Harpy, Siren, Harridan and Virago.

Even if they won't show up in our universe.the connection will always be made if somebody looks at our project.forthe same reason we don't use canon chapters colors/emblems etc.

But as stated before:I like the emblem just remember my words if somebody asks if your legion consists of women^^

I'll just be over here, trying to make an Imperial Guard regiment that's pretty much the Sisters of Battle.

A chaos version "Brides of Khorne" would be neat

Khorne's bride is war, and his children are death and carnage.

Woah, Requiem sure got ridiculous after I stopped reading it.

and his parents in law are "Shouting" and "A Severe Lack of Diplomatic Solutions to Interpersonal Conflicts"