Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1505: "user, We're Disappointed in You." Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/eJcKYgJL
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Solar_goddesses
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Destroyer of Worlds, Decade! What is reflected in his eyes as he crosses the infinite worlds...?

pastebin.com/eJcKYgJL
Jumps contained: Marvel Magic, The Inheritance Cycle, Young Justice, Sword Art Online

I didn't have anything super interesting to write for these aside from the first one. Cat Wizard, slayer of Moons, lives again.

Somehow my message for an irc chat and a post from last thread combined with my shitpost for this thread.

Ha.

See

So the assumption of the jump is that you are beginning as a high ranking member of the Sisters of Battle? Well, I can't say I agree it's best but I also can't disagree that the way you've set out the jump definitely fits that better. I'm also not the most experienced with SoBs so getting any deeper would probably not be effective on my behalf.

I do think, if you do continue on to do a Dark Heresy, that you should handle it in a very different way given the focus on you being an Acolyte there, but I'll concede your way is the better option for Sisters of Battle.

As an aside not related to the points thing, love your intro/most of the actual fluff. Always hated doing those and you nailed the voice and the intro at once.

That too. Posting fixed Tomb Kings. Figured out what was wrong. I HAD changed my word document for it but I'd saved the pdf into my WIPs folder by accident, instead of the main jump folder I have. Meaning I uploaded an old version of the jump by mistake and said it had the change. Whoops.

Is the spiderman trilogy a good first jump? Is there something I should worry about in there?

>As an aside not related to the points thing, love your intro/most of the actual fluff. Always hated doing those and you nailed the voice and the intro at once.

It's nice to know that all that sister posting finally payed off.

>As an aside not related to the points thing, love your intro/most of the actual fluff. Always hated doing those and you nailed the voice and the intro at once.
Maybe you should've started with that instead of , "Lol. This is the dumbest shit I've seen in awhile."

I mean, fuck, you've ignored people for less. I think you owe Strike-Chan an apology.

If you're really scared of cape adventures, just leave New York. Nothing in the Spiderman Trilogy takes place outside of that city.

>Tried to post advice last thread but the salt ended the thread before I could post.

Let's see what we've got here
>Ordos Millitant
You might want to swap Seraphim with Litany of Hate or Shield of Piety. If Seraphim makes you stand out in ability compared to the standard battle sister it should not be just a 100CP perk.

You probably should make the Sarissa free for militants as well.

The companion getting 1000CP thing is kind of ridiculous, especially if mixed with Orders Minors. You could get not only 40 Living Saints but they also can get get a capstone and have 100Cp left over. While I'm not the most familiar with The Sisters of Battle I'm pretty sure that Living Saints are rare as fuck and 40 suddenly popping up out of the blue is literally impossible, especially sense Order Minor is discounted to only 300CP for Living Saints. I'd recommend bumping the allotted CP down to 500CP per sister so that they can't purchase living saint as well. At the very least you should forbid them from purchasing the Living Saint Capstone.

Finally the Penitent Engine drawback offers way to much CP for what the risks actually are. I don't think that this drawback which explicitly keeps you alive is more dangerous then trying to take down Guillman. Bump it down to 300CP would be more appropriate.

And finally the Elephant in the room, the whole 2000Cp to start with. While there is precedence in the Warframe Jump for giving more than the standard 1000Cp it's not common practice nor is it really appropriate. Especially since this jump gives the same amount of options but offers 500+ more CP. What I'd recommend is to cut the amount of given CP down to 1500 but give a stipend of 500 CP to be used for items and companions only. That should at least level thing.

Also you probably should bold the amount of CP given, it was difficult to find when I was reading it.

It's a good jump but the funneling of everything into the Living Saint capstone is kind of railroading things.

Well a mad Scientist does build a mini sun that could do a lot of damage before getting put out if events don't happen as the plot demands due to butterfly. Or you could just kill the good doctor before he builds it I suppose.

Ring-a-dong-dillo, it's Tom-Bombadilo!

Fuck you I want to post it anyway.

>Had all of last thread to post this.
>Godamn fucking still replies to the outdated version.
Good job!

Or just break the AI chip for the arms.
Or better, steal the super rare mineral needed for it for yourself.

Val, are you legitimately autistic? Like, I didn't consider it before, but last thread you reminded me of a competent, Australian, female version of Manyfist.

Going in too deep had benefits it seems. Now just see if you can get out of the sister mindset.

or if you even want to

user, let's be honest here. If I had, you'd still be here, posting this or some variant at me.

Sides, we already chatted in private. Things are all good.

Do your Companions have a consistent naming theme?

>we already chatted in private
So despite people in the thread's opinion, Val went behind everyone's back to try and manipulate Strike through the IRC.

Can you not do that?

Night In The Woods + Fire Emblem Archanea/Valentia jumps are underway.

Does anyone want anything in particular from them? Mila's time travel thing is going to be offered
It'll let someone travel thirty minutes into the past three times a day.

Night In The Woods will have drop-in as a Construction Worker, and origins based on Gregg, that bear guy, Mae, and the goth croc.

I s2g if this posts twice I'm gonna be mad

>chatted in private

Oh god, you ate him and replaced him with a pod person didn't you!

I don't know anything about Archanea or Valentia, so I can't help you.

Actually, no, I wouldn't. It was your methods I had a problem with, not your argument.

But I'll take your word for having a nice chat in private. I trust you at least that much.

You should know by now that the only thing that matters in this thread is IRC cred.

>You might want to swap Seraphim with Litany of Hate or Shield of Piety. If Seraphim makes you stand out in ability compared to the standard battle sister it should not be just a 100CP perk.

I might swap it with Litany, but not Shield of Piety

>You probably should make the Sarissa free for militants as well.

You've got a point, but the Militant already get a lot of good kit as it stands. I could probably justify it but I unno

>The companion getting 1000CP thing is kind of ridiculous, especially if mixed with Orders Minors. You could get not only 40 Living Saints but they also can get get a capstone and have 100Cp left over. While I'm not the most familiar with The Sisters of Battle I'm pretty sure that Living Saints are rare as fuck and 40 suddenly popping up out of the blue is literally impossible, especially sense Order Minor is discounted to only 300CP for Living Saints. I'd recommend bumping the allotted CP down to 500CP per sister so that they can't purchase living saint as well. At the very least you should forbid them from purchasing the Living Saint Capstone.

Changed to 600cp, and you're right about the Living saint capstone

>Finally the Penitent Engine drawback offers way to much CP for what the risks actually are. I don't think that this drawback which explicitly keeps you alive is more dangerous then trying to take down Guillman. Bump it down to 300CP would be more appropriate.

I dunno, being in a Penitent Engine seems like a living hell to me. I wouldn't want to suffer that.

Everything else you've mentioned is addressed in v0.3 or will be in v0.4. You missed half the thread user

Burn people and feel good about it. Not much else I want out of life.

Is true. We agreed to disagree amicably and set up our next hate fuck meet.

Ogre Kingdoms update to give the army option.

Oh my god guys really. We just talked about how there were no hard feelings and that we still liked each other. That post up the top? Woulda been posted last thread if not for the archive.

And seriously, if I was going to go behind your backs, why would I have posted in the thread, with my name on, at all? Strike was in the IRC from the start.

Doppelganger perk? Also, turning into a bigass dragon. Not just a regular one, a bigass one.

Right. I totally believe you didn't abuse your ability to avoid culpability to manipulate him.

>looks at the new version.

>Derp.

uhhhh, my comments about the things not related to the total amount of CP still stand.

Also the Orders Minors was never changed from the 1000Cp given, what would be a good idea is to have all the generic Sister Mooks be given only 300CP while the Named ones be given 600CP as normal.

What was the problem with her methods? The only bad thing I saw her do was say it was stupid a few times.

Strike-Chan did you get my request from the last thread about having a 0cp drawback where your actions are carried over to other 40k jumps please?, I wanna make sure my Idol Group stays around and becomes a branch of it's own in other jumps

You mean the tritium? That was so dumb. Tritium isn't that rare. I mean, yeah, it's expensive, about thirty thousand dollars a gram. But him claiming that there's only ounces of it in all the world suggests that the path of scientific development in the universe of the Spider-Man trilogy has gone very differently than ours. Maybe it has something to do with how there are no safety enclosures for high-energy physics experimentation. Doc Ock creates an open-frame fusion reactor that's just a big ball of plasma floating in mid-air, and Sandman is created when Marko just falls into a...I don't even know what that thing was supposed to be. It was just in the middle of the woods with no railings, though. Even if people aren't going to fall into it, by some miracle, it being an open system can't be good for the rigor of the experiment. Hard to isolate variables when the wind can blow away half your target sample.

I was disappointed that she posted in a way that she often uses to justify ridicule of her detractors. As someone who's supported her in the past, I expected better. I guess I didn't know her as well as I thought... Then again, everyone has bad days, so I try not to judge too harshly. Regardless, I think that was way out of line.

Anyway, let's not clog up a new thread with more drama, yeah? The two involved parties said they'd put this behind them, so it's no one else's business to continue it.

Will allow you to port decisions from previous 40k Jumps into sororitas, but I can't make a perk or drawback forcing that on other jumps.

Cracker Jack; are the top end characters that can be companioned with the Canon Companion option those in the realm of Thor, The Hulk, and Dr. Doom?

You're my new waifu, Strike-chan

What way did she post like? I'm just having trouble seeing what was so out of line that had people comparing her to Manyfist.

It's bait, Nonny.

>Will allow you to port decisions from previous 40k Jumps into sororitas, but I can't make a perk or drawback forcing that on other jumps.

I know that each jump needs their own option for that and besides most other warhammer jumps have that option already, besides I'm setting everything up for when I can become a Space Marine or an IG and what the user 3 posts above me said

Doesn't matter. As I said, she and Strike wish to leave this in the past. This is no longer our concern.

She was being a dick. Being a dick can not be allowed.

Comfy

Magic 100 (Witches Only)
Magic is an ancient, beautiful thing and no one really knows where it came from, just that it’s here to help. With it witches help those around them and while only a few people in ten thousand might have it they are almost always well respected. Witches are blessed with many abilities, fortune telling, potion brewing, making familiars out of black cats, communing with animals, and flying through the air using only a stick and some bristles. Magic often changes based off the feeling of the witch using it, in times of comfort it moves slowly yet surely to help while in times of crisis it will explode in a burst of sudden mad action. Just remember magic is fickle and will often disappear for a short while if the witch using it loses confidence. No one really knows what makes magic work just that it works best for those with a kind and happy heart.

Animal Talk 200
Most animals can’t really talk, they simply aren’t smart enough for it. Those few that are can are the familiars of young witches who stop needing words to understand them as they grow older. But even though they can’t speak all animals have something to say for anyone who knows how to listen to them, just not in words. You can only communicate basic ideas without words but it’s usually more than enough to get simple things like “I’m going North.” or “Bad thing lives there.” With your own familiar this is amplified to a near telepathic bond and you’ll know just about anything it cares to share with just a single glance. Most animals are much calmer around someone who can understand their warning signs and avoid agitating them, why most animals would be fine hopping on you to hitch a ride if you’re going somewhere they want to be.

How do we know if manyfist is a dude, he could be a retarded cactus for all we know?

Mahou Shoujo?

Witches

Flies Like Crazy (400)
Maybe a thin piece of wood and a strong grip aren’t the safest means of travel around but they get the job done as long as you don’t smash into anything. Near misses don’t count towards that do they? Embracing this philosophy as a pilot you take paths few others would be willing or able to at great speed. This utter disregard for personal safety is only possible to do safely because you are otherwise exceptionally skilled rider able to pull the maximums of speed, agility, and acceleration out of your broom. It’ll keep you on your toes and make anyone watching shout in shock but so long as you don’t try anything to insane you’ll never die on a broomstick. Juking through a traffic accident on a broomstick at breakneck speed is just another day.

The Witch of the Town (600)
Things always seem to work out for witches who help others, a kind of good luck or magic reward maybe. Maybe there’s some truth to it because you always seem to find what you need to pick you up when you get down. Magic doesn’t work well with depression and sadness, moving sluggishly or not at all which often drives a witch further into sadness as their powers abandon them during an already bad time. Whenever you get down though something or someone comes along to pick you up. Maybe it could be a friend coming over to visit, you’ll hear a good joke which picks up your spirits, or the weather will turn out just right on a bad day. Bad days are just ones you haven’t found the good in yet now.

In what way is this constructive, NikaMoth? What did you hope to achieve by posting this?

If I spend 200CP on the Muster in the Bretonnian jump how many filthy peasants can I recruit for my army?

>Fire Emblem Archanea/Valentia

Nice, I'm planning on getting it, is it any good?

200 ugly little muck crawlers. 5 points each for men at arms, which are just peasants with helmets, a shield and a pointy stick. You can even have em wear your colours so they get blood all over it.

You know, you actually have somewhat of a point. I think you're overreacting to an extent but on looking back and comparing, you're right in that my opening lines should have been different given my own responses to similar things in the past.

While I do think you exaggerated it a bit, I'm also thankful that you're pointing it out. So uh, thanks man.

You have no ambition user.
I'm seriously considering spending all 1600 CP on Squigs and WF:Orks and Goblins comes out.

>1600 points worth of Squigs

Where would you even keep them all?

In his pocket.

Well Squigs have all kinds of uses. You have eatin' squigs, biting squigs, filth squigs, hair squigs, war squigs, toenail clipper squigs, grot squigs, miniature teacup squigs, goliath squigs, squig squigs, purple squigs, and even squigs.

Hey, Val, what happens if you thae both Hail to the God of Fire and The Abominable Ogre together in Ogre Kingdoms?

On top of my enemies.

I even considered updating my Worm Build to swap out Blink, my favorite power, for Tricker's power, so I can swap my enemy's gear with an angry squig.

Mostly War Squigs, Goliath Squigs, and Biting Squigs. Also Riding Squigs.

Icy on the outside, hot on the inside. You get the effects of both as normal. You'd probably look pretty sweet.

How do I make my soul immune to harm without PoD or that unpleasant scenario reward from Tomb Kings?

Have No Soul to Burn- Demons are soulless beings; however, in your case that might
be problematic. So, instead your soul will, essentially, become a non-entity- it can’t be
attacked, stolen, burned, destroyed, possessed, trapped, detected etc. unless you sell or
otherwise remove it from your body, including putting/turning it into a physical object,
or if for some reason you want others to interact with it. It’s important to note that these
protections only apply to your soul since you, as a demon, are able to absorb souls (not
directly; they need to be given willingly) to increase your own power. If you’ve already
absorbed souls over the course of your adventures, they will be included in this
protection. If you absorb souls afterwards, then they will not be protected.
In someone attacks your unprotected souls, either to damage, destroy, remove, or
otherwise harm them, then you may also be damaged by proxy; your protected souls(s)
will still be fine. If you die from whatever they did, then your protected soul is fine;
however your chain will end, or you’ll otherwise pass on. If you don’t die, than your
protected soul is still fine; your other souls may not be. (200 CP, discount Demon)

>Having no soul

So I was thinking. If I taught Bruce Banner the Hercules Method and then used the Brave and the Bodolf on him, how fucked is everything?

How many Isekai settings are there to go to? As in, settings where the series is already in that genre?

So, what about that weakness to fire from The Abominable Ogre?

Pretty much, yeah.

I subscribe to a Monist perspective on the the self and consciousness, so I never had a soul to harm.

I just noticed that some people here just seem to respond to bait easily thinking it isn't bait. I think it's constructive because it means that people will recognize it in the future. Maybe. Probably.

The atmosphere just feels cursed here at the moment, to be truthful.

Do you want to watch the world burn?
Because that's how you watch the world burn.

What would happen if I eat and "digest" souls? As in they are no longer souls, just nutrients that were used to make me stronger.

>tfw no way to bring Ace Combat wingmates as companions
Feels bad man. I just realized my efforts at humanizing them for my writing is gonna vanish after this jump.

Hum. Good point. I'd say it cancels it out, having the blessing of the fire god.

But then you gained one by going to non-monist settings.

The update will have companion options. Just be patient.

You'd have to ask a Dementor or a Hollow for an answer. I'm not much of a meta-physicist, nor am I a necromancer.

Bah! Humbug! Can you empirically display the soul to me? Such talk about souls and mysticism is nonsensical without hard proof to the contrary.

One of the best parts about muster is that the Jumper is their own HQ, so you can use all the points that would normally go into them to buy more filthy peasants, with absolutely no cost to moral because a Jumper is leading them.

Is there a Nordic god of the sun?

I think the Jumpmaker has answered this before but I forget what he said.

Well, there's Sol/Sunna, sister of Mani. She's busy being chased by a giant wolf, though, and so is her brother.

How fucking new do you have to be on Veeky Forums to think this way

She's a tumblrite.

No literally.

No, just a goddess.

Old Germanic cultures had a female sun, it was only through latin influence that it became male.

>Can you empirically display the soul to me?
Not that user, but in some settings you can.
But I get the feeling you just want to shitpost about souls instead of actually talk about Jumpchain.

Will there be a time extension drawback? An option to experience all the games or have the jump end after Electrosphere would be nice.

Thank you, Val. It's nice to see my pleas haven't gone unheard. I just want this to be the best community it can be, and while we have at least one anonymous fuckhead who can't be dealt with (read: shitposters), there are at least some people who proudly wear their names. It should mean something more, I think. Anyway, I appreciate your boldness to say such things with a trip, and if I'd done finished anything of note, I'd wear one so you'd know I'm sincere, but alas I've only lurked so far.

Regardless, you're welcome. And I'm glad you've resolved things with Strike-Chan. As usual I look forward to your work, and hope last thread didn't do too much to discourage you (as yes, there were some obvious shitposters three, too). And maybe I did exaggerate? It's certainly possible, considering I was only mildly peeved. Just be mindful of your posts, and I'll try to do the same. Again, thanks; and also, sorry if I was acting out of line.

I thought Fenris was chained up to Odin's throne or something. Is there another giant wolf.

...Is it Loki's kid, too?

Huh, weird. Other than her and Amaterasu, are there any other female sun deities?

Skoll and Hati.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Solar_goddesses

I only go to /jc/ and sometimes Veeky Forums, I don't really consider myself a proper 4channer nowadays.

Nah, you're good too man. Glad we could be amicable about it all. I'll do my best to keep my posts and my jumps on a good level.

maybe a little...

So if I'm a male Asgardian sun god in Marvel Magic, are they going to pull a reverse Gwyndolin on me?

/pol/, /r9k/ and /b/ are the only worth while boards desu. Maybe with a touch of /hm/

What do you mean "reverse"?

Reverse in the sense he was raised as a girl because he had moon powers.

Funny how none of the lore mentions he snake legs.

In tomb kings could we have our undead form be a bit different than the standard just a skelly? A mummy or perhaps a dried out egyptian themed zombie?

Both are fine. A fair bit of the art of Tomb Kings shows characters with dried out flesh or skin still on bits of them.

No. Consider the fact that Odin himself uses a power, magic, that's usually associated with girls and is considered womanly. You being associated with the sun might get someone to make fun of you, but they're not going to put you in a dress.

Not that Thor needed to be associated with someone feminine for that.

>Glad
As am I. I just wish more discussions could end on such a note. Doesn't seem likely, but we can hope.

The most manly god in Norse myths is a crossdresser. I think you'll be fine.