When your friends start marrying and having kids and you realize that pretty soon you won't have a group anymore

>when your friends start marrying and having kids and you realize that pretty soon you won't have a group anymore

Roll20.net

>When your friends are becoming normies and you feel the need to become a normie out of peer pressure
I know that feel brother.

>when your friends finally have an excuse to stop inviting you to social gatherings

you may be the problem OP, a fuckload of my gaming group have families and still manage to game

>Not having kids 10 years ago, and now being able to game with your son
Imagine being you as a kid, and your dad having tons of games, books, miniatures and cards, and all his friends also played and taught their kids.
What a glorious childhood you would have
>gaming nights with dad and dads friends kids + your own friends from school

>When your dad dares you to enter his magical realm and your mom just smiles approvingly

>when your friends get GFs and starts to look forward to your weekly sessions even more than before due to the fact that they get some quality time with their friends.

>when your gf has no friends
>when gf keeps asking to be introduced to your gaming group

Same old story.
High School, College, Living with the parents comes to an end.
The group splits all over the country.
We all try to continue playing online and do so a few times but everyone starts getting new jobs with new hours, starting new social lives, or getting married and having families and pretty soon it become impossible to game together.
We all stay friends and keep in contact and talk about trying to game but never find the time to do so together.
We all find new groups but the magic just isn't there.
The chemistry is different, the players are less experienced, they hold different visions or expectations and for love of the hobby you compromise more and more of your own.
Soon you find yourself wondering why you put so much time and effort into something you enjoy less and less.
You learn that some of your old friends have given up the hobby entirely, some tell you with sadness, but others with indifference.
The time spent begins to put strain on your other relationships and you start cutting back, not investing so much of yourself but harboring a secret yearning for what was lost.
Eventually you set it aside, only wandering through the old books or looking at how it has changed in your absence when the melancholy overtakes you.
And then the dreams end.

Two of the guys in my gaming group have brought their girlfriends. We're starting to play Sushi go party and Exploding kittens a lot more.

>The girls walk in on me and one of the bros playing Space hulk
>"Oh user, why can't they all just be friends?"
>mfw

know how i can tell you're american?

because no one in europe gets married any more.

>These guys are hungry and almost mindless, but still cunning in combat
>These guys are heavily indoctrinated to destroy all lifeforms that aren't human
simpo

It just fucking hit me that nobody I know is getting married

Don't worry, Muhammed is still getting married and popping out kids to replace you.

...and then you discover your kids like videogames, their cellphone, sports, and religion and pretty much everything you don't because they're your kids and that's what kids do

Nah you gotta put it in terms they can understand

The genestealers are trifling bitches who try to sabotage the space Marines at work and steal their man

Spotted the Native, a Peace Truck has been called to your location.

Did I take a wrong turn and end up on /r9k/?

Yea, this happened to my best friend from High School. He had all these dreams about molding his son to be the perfect RPGer, but it turns out he'd rather play video games.

fortunately i don't play games with Muhammed, so this doesn't bother me much.

>when your friends start marrying and having kids and you realize that pretty soon you won't have a good group anymore

This mindset is exactly the problem with Europe. The "I don't care, I'll be dead by then!" attitude.

Very much so, I gave them the barebones of it from the box.
>This derelict ship is full of angry infectious aliens
>They have to clear it out before it lands on a planet or a human ship bumps into them, it's like super pest control

In their defence they're good at games in their own right, very pleasant company to have, and we still get to play some games that are fun for everyone. But I can't deny that the tone of the group has shifted markedly.

Muhammed didn't get married in Europe either, he got married back in the sandniggeristan and the border patrol let him take the wife along thinking it's his daughter.

>your kids like religion

West marches

Can't speak for whole of the Europe, not by a long shot, but being middle class frequently makes parenthood economical suicide. So you can either bite the bullet and risk sinking both yourself and the progeny below the poverty line, or keep toiling and hope your sack will still be working by the time you stop being poor.
Poor people don't have this problem, they already are poor and welfare makes sure they don't get worse than that.

>tfw you will never have a milf that approves of your magical realm
>tfw you will never introduce your child to the beauty of your magical realm
>tfw you will never get your heart torn apart by your child finding you completely repulsive afterwards

>mfw the realization that I will never have a family and children of my own hit me

I wonder if those two things could be related...

Oh well, I guess I'll just carry on and pay into achmeds welfare for his 5 kids while I can't have any of my own! At least I have games!

Tfw everyone in the group is in a committed relationship,(some married and others with kids) and uses tabletop games as justifiable "guy time" once per week.

Are all eurocucks as impotently whiny as this guy?

>being middle class frequently makes parenthood economical suicide.
Where in Europe do you live that this is true, and how do you define economical suicide?

Heaven forbid there be brown people in my country in the future.

You can't trick me into pissing my life away for some retarded sense of racial tribalism. I'm going to do whatever the fuck I want and then eventually die. If you want to spend all your money raising a bunch of shitty kids knock yourself out, but don't delude yourself into thinking you're serving some greater good or higher purpose. The victim - opressor - savior cycle is a meme designed by people richer than you to convince you to part with your money.

Yess goym, hedonims and self serving individualism are the only true ways to live. Who cares if your people become minorities in their ancestral homeland or go extinct, it's only you that matters.

Exactly

Good goy

It happened to me.

I refused.

My friends also did but when they turned over 40, someting changed.

Not a reason to have kids.

Well they are playing more boardgames now. Amd the few RPG sessions have beome full-on gamist.

Untrue.

Can confirm. Been talking about this with an EX-friend. He literally didn't care about the descent of the white man, as long as he himself still gets to fuck around.

Can't conform, my friends are kinda well-off middle class.

The middle class is literally indifferent about the ahmed invasion. You know why? They can afford to because they got it made. All the immigrants are fighting for lower class jobs and thus are competitors of the native lower classes. Not a problem of the middle class.

>finally graduate from college, which is about 5 ours away from home
>this last semester was especially bad, only got to go home for spring break, so friends basically didn't see me for these last four months
>start looking for work around home
>the more I search, the more I start to realize that finding a job for my degree means I'm probably going to have to go to Dallas, which is about two hours away
>and Dallas is the closest option
>might just be leaving friends all over again

UNT huh

Well I'm in Dallas too, same deal.

Haven't really found any decent places to go for gaming here. The metroplex is huge and traffic makes travel untenable sometimes even if originally it seems convenient.

Dude, it's much harder to lose your friends when you're over 40 and you have been gaming with each other for 25 years.

But reproduction's immoral, user.

>Your people
I'm a human, from planet Earth. That's all I care about. If some humans go to some part of earth and make it kinda like some other part of earth... Who gives a fuck? It's happened in cycles for 10000 years. My people came in and did it to the natives a few hundred years ago, at some point it'll happen to the next group to move in too. When martians come in and try to xenoform Iowa, then whoever lives here at the time had better raise a shitstorm.

Lol "martians" I'm just a lifeform from this universe. My life forms lived on this planet and others can move from planet to planet. Now what an alien from OUTSIDE the universe comes into our universe then that's too weird for me.

You're the one deluding yourself into pissing your life away in a basement playing dice games.

Youre literally going extinct but If you're a nihilistic hedonist then there's no getting through to you. Enjoy hiding away in fantasyland as your nation is conquered.

You should embrace this.

No, most Europeans don't even go on Veeky Forums.

This sounds wonderful.

>tfw this was pretty much my childhood, but with my mom instead of my dad being the teacher (he just helped, was a fellow player while mom was a DM)
Shame that we have more minis now than we did when I grew up - she used to have a huge collection of pewter minis, but her sister stole and sold a fair number of them, and mom's ex-husband just threw away many more. Was a great time though, every time.

If having kids is enough to sink you below the poverty line, then you weren't middle class to begin with.

>I don't admit I'm poor, therefore I'm middle class!

>your nation
lel
Keep buying into the nationalism meme

Half my gaming group has grandchildren, I have no idea what's so dysfunctional about OP that people use breeding as an excuse to avoid him.

somebody call the plumber, /pol/ is leaking

>thread about difficulties gaming when your friends have families
>somehow /pol/tards think thread needs to be about sandniggers

Really makes your gray matter pitter-patter.

I really don't understand this mentality of having children just so that you can play RPGs with them. I'm sorry but you are really going to throw away 20 years of your life and nearly a million bucks, just for some romanticized idea of playing roleplaying games with your children? Is it really worth that much to you?

Think what you could buy with that money. You could probably retire early and play/GM games as much as you wanted. Publish your own RPG, make your own cardgame, buy a huge gun collection and shoot the shit out of watermelons all day long. Also the best computer gaming rig in existence. And you throw that away to produce a diluted copy of yourself and play games with him when you could probably borrow a child for free from some overworked parents who would be happy to get him out of the house. I mean, what the fuck.

Ha. Poor you. My group are mostly fucking losers, two are literally autistic. One person got married but he is barely a member anymore. The others probably never will, they don't date or meet girls, most are kissless virgins. I mean we'll probably kill ourselves when we're in our 30s but hey, it's better to burn out than fade away, right? Have fun rotting, you normie fuck.

>one friend graduated, is engaged, and is moving to work in NYC later this month
>another friend is already married and working at a law firm, preparing to move to nashville once his superiors give him the go-ahead in a year or so
>another friend has wanderlust and really wants to go out and backpack around the world
>I'm not in a relationship and I'm stuck here for at least another two years until I finish my doctorate
I don't really know that many people outside this little tight-knit group. I tried playing tabletop games with another group, but I found them to be a bunch of insufferable mouthbreathers and had to bail on them because it was becoming a chore to have to meet up with them. I love meeting up with my friends because they're not only good company to play games with, they all pretty intelligent and make for great conversation because they're all pretty knowledgeable about a wide range of fields outside of just vidya and D&D. But fuck, I'm going to miss them.

>when your friends start marrying and having kids and you realize that pretty soon you won't have a group anymore

Shit like this is why I am 27 and never had a relationship. That's how it fucking starts, "oh ok it's fine to date this grill, surely nothing will happen so long as I wrap it up" Then it's "oh its ok to have an LTR with this grill. we do love each other after all", then "oh its ok if she moves in" then she wants to get married and you are basically forced to propose cause youve spent too long with her and it will hurt too much to lose her. Saw it happen to each of my friends and each of them left the hobby. Fucking pathetic bitches. I defriended all of them and avoided all the baby showers. The women they married are fat cows now, too. I just don't understand.

I found a new group and now I enjoy playing with them as much as my old group. I try not to look back, but it is sad to see them throw their lives away. I see them sometimes for board games nights, their fat cow wife is sitting on the couch and the babies are bawling away, they live in a goddamn breeding facility, it's disgusting. I work 40 hours a week for a collection of guns and gaming crap, as much as I want, and I sleep through the night. They work 55 hours to support a quickly-spoiling flower and her spawn, wiping their shit and not even getting to enjoy the hobby they once found solace in. And the worst part is, they can't even kill themselves to escape it.

>having loyalty to real estate

The mewlings of beta incels get me so hard.

This bullshit is the reason that normal people go into /r9k/ just to trigger you incels by talking about their love lives. You should really keep your permavirgin butthurt in your containment area.

When did I say I was a virgin? Just don't marry the fucking cunt.

don't have any, can't relate