Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1506: Hungry and Cold Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

For items, maybe price by utility or value of items in universe. I know everyone has a home, but that doesn't mean a mansion is worth less than a single rare fruit that can be counteracted by Peptobismol. I understand if you can't find replacements though, so quantity is a quality all it's own. Maybe a faster replacement or just whatever tree the fruits grow on would help balance it.

RBtG's meta in the interjump balance sense in that it's both dependent on previous jumps and defangs the work of other jumpmakers post-hoc, which means it ideally would be taken in a specific order.

Long as you have the CP to pay for it.

I didn't. Thanks.

Sure. Your crown will probably just turn into fire, though?

>Can we import a weapon for Worthy Weapon, or import a crown for the Flames of Regency and Crown of Allurement?
Yup.

>Also, does the Worthy Weapon granting the benefits of Elder God Hybrid do anything if you've already bought that as a perk?
Probably. It's unclear exactly how much Thor actually benefits from using Mjolnir passively, but there's probably some diminishing returns. Also that's just a way of saying it enhances your strength and Domains. May just change it to say that instead for syai g it grants you EGH.

>And if you god of magic with Domain, combined with Skyfather (and possibly Elder God Hybrid), would there be much point to buying Sorcerous Schooling?
Probably not, at that point. Save that you'd likely already have learned to invoke other beings for power.

Jumpmaker is Manyfist, actually.

>Jumpmaker is Manyfist
whoopsie. lemme try again.

hey
Manyfist
can you tell me what changed in the new version of Arrowverse?
please and thank you

Why did Jane even need to hit her? She gave up. Wasn't Jane a medical doctor too? Why is she so punchy?

Seriously, it's shit like that that makes me feel like Aaron is writing so shit on purpose.

It's pretty obvious that he is. It's just hard to tell if he's pants-on-head retarded about grrl power or if he's gone to full parody.

Actually, shouldn't hitting an opponent who surrendered serve to make you unworthy to wield Mjolnir?

>Why is she so punchy?
Because depicting women as overly willing to escalate to physical violence is perfectly fine. But remember that toxic masculinity means that men solving problems with violence is problematically patriarchal.

>Surrenders
>Hits them anyway
Why?

So would taking the Domains of Swords and Darkness make All-Black stronger? Also FemThor is worse then I thought.

Because, despite all of its pandering, Marvel is still primarily written by average white dudes who don't even understand what the groups they're trying to pander to want.

>Actually, shouldn't hitting an opponent who surrendered serve to make you unworthy to wield Mjolnir?
Mjolnir has been reconned to be powered and controlled by a feminine cosmic superstorm now. So what Odin thinks is worthy doesn't matter.

And on top of that, Odin is currently being portrayed as a caricature of a misogynistic wife beater, so that would probably be "worthy" now anyway.

That's up to fanwank. I'd say it would probably just make you better at wielding it if anything.

>Yup.
Nice. Gotta import my spear for that then. Also the crown's getting even more ridiculous and firey.

>Probably. It's unclear exactly how much Thor actually benefits from using Mjolnir passively, but there's probably some diminishing returns. Also that's just a way of saying it enhances your strength and Domains. May just change it to say that instead for syai g it grants you EGH.
Ah, fair enough.

>Probably not, at that point. Save that you'd likely already have learned to invoke other beings for power.
Alright, nice. That saves me the cost of the perk, while still going Drop-In or Warrior.

>A gamer-gate reference
Jesus Fucking Christ.

why does it hurt make the bad comics go away

>comics really are this stupid right now

Holy fuck it's a good thing I'm almost done with Marvel because I'd have fucking murdered the gods for allowing this shit, otherwise.

Meanwhile, in the same universe, the only person being portrayed as mildly competent in the current Secret Empire event is literally a nazi.

Good taste. Flaming heads are cool.

Marvel's still hip, user! He may be almost 80 years old, but he still knows what the kids today think is bangin'.

It really just pains me to see it happen. Marvel's like an old friend who got rabies and is slowly and senselessly choking to death on their own saliva in a hospital bed caked with their own sweat and excrement. There's no dignity in their death and it hurts to watch.

The gods are suffering as much as everyone else, user.

He literally isn't. Cap is/was trying to remove the Nazi influence from Hydra. That's part of why he kill the Red Skull.

Is Jean supposed to be mindraping Iceman into being gay or is this just really poorly put together?

>That art
>That reveal
Holy fuck what is going on did she mindfuck him into being gay or something?

...How many of these pics do you have?

Is it this one or DC where God just straight up disappeared and only a shatter in the fabric of reality was in his place?

That is one of the ongoing theories.

going to image maybe its safe there

All this god talk makes me wonder if Marvel Loki is the type of guy to see another Trickster God and challenge them to a trick off.

I mean, I don't know Marvel Loki very well but it's a thing I'm wondering. for a friend. the friend is me.

.....That was not the image I was intending to use.

Bobby was dating Bendis' waifu, so Bendis had Jean reveal that he's secretly been gay this whole time. So secretly, in fact, that Bobby actually had no idea!

I don't know. Suffice to say that it's a big number.

DC/Vertigo.

Though God in Marvel is literally Stan Lee/Jack Kirby manifest in the comics. So I guess you could say that he's gone now, too.

Until recently Loki had been consumed and defined by his hatred of Thor that prevented him from being a proper Trickster. Which is why he committed ego-suicide. So he'd be more likely to stab you in the back and try to use your corpse to kill Thor.

Nika, are there canon male "magical girls" in the Yuki yuna jump?

Oh, Kitty Pryde and Bendis. Say no more. I;m surprised Bobby lived through it. Then again he's not Hawkeye.

Seems to be happdnong to a lot of people lately.

Anyobe have thr finished marvel magic jump or is it still a wip?

>real world events in boring old baseline earth have profound implications for this multiverse of absolute insanity

Huh.

How do I become an Eldritch Horror beyond imagination and reason?

>Trickster god turns tricks
Seems tight to me.

No. They've all been girls, but I don't like forcing people to have boobs if they don't want any which is why I made it optional.

YEOW GODS thanks for the warning

Items: Those are some good thoughts. I'll see what I can do.

RBtG: I see your point. Is there any way to make it more acceptable? I really like the option, so I'd like to find a way to keep it if possible.

A couple ideas I have to solve it are to basically give alternate options for the ghost's origin; the ghost could also be someone from your original (real) life or a person from within the current setting (the reasoning being that you are the reincarnation of an old friend they used to have).

Jump Lovecraft, it's one of the background options.

Ah... but user. I don't want to be a mere Shoggoth, I want to become a much greater God. Can you not help me with that?

Would it be right to just go full nazi and gun down everything?

Do you mind if I tell you what I did?

Go to lovecraft and be become a shoggoth

Go to evangelion amd become an angel

Merge the two altforms somehow, I use final form

Now go to zendikar and buy all the lerks that make you an eldrazi

Lastely go to overlord and become a overlord lich, they have a passive skill that can allow them to toggle a madness field around them.

You could boost this by becoming a kami in kamigawa if you want but after this you can survive most places and drive stuff crazy with your looks as well as shapeshift. Does this help?

That kind of god is something you become just by being an old enough jumper, since you'll be so many things and with so many competing perks and with so many stacks you just break mortal minds. I don't think there's an origin that starts you at that level by itself.

>More worthy than you

Zendikar, Creepypasta, Cabin in the Woods, Adventure Time, Hellsing, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Kamigawa, Primal Rage, Lovecraft, Evangelion

You have my thanks, user. Most guiding.

Those are good options, and I'm sure the first would be very much appreciated. I mean, the pissed off ghost of your actual dead grandpa is still a little strange to offer someone, but it does solve the issue with stepping on other jumpmakers toes. If it's just the ghost of someone in-setting you'd have to cut the price way down, but it'd solve everything.

I'd wait for more people than me to lodge complaints before editing the option, though. I'm not exactly the sharpest brick in the sea.

>more worthy to be thor than thor
THATS NOT HOW IT FUCKING WORKS AND YOU KNOW IT.

Yeah. Marvel is basically Bendis' magical realm.

It's not finished, but it is jumpable.

Weird, huh?

Yeah.

Canada already tried.

This was actually /pseudo/-justified in that it was during Axis when everyone's morality and alignment got all jumbled. Carnage was a chivalrous good guy who sacrificed his life (I think) for instance.

Well, my thought was offering both options, so that it could potentially link to past jumps but offer an alternate approach that does not require going to other settings first; that way it's more of a personal choice and doesn't make it so that you have to go through jumps in a certain order. Or would the continued inclusion of that not work?

Yeah, best to just do it that way, at least for now.

>PreteenTamponUprisingEdition
Somebody posted a pic of that girl threatening that cop the other day.
What's her deal? Mutant? Inhuman? Freak accident?

>Carnage was a chivalrous good guy who sacrificed his life (I think) for instance.

Carnage is a good girl just like I told all of you and she would do anything to protect Cassidy

If you import a weapon into the Soulsword, does it also become incapable of harming mundane stuff?

And got Spiderman to promise to put up a gold statue of himself holding the confederate flag with Lynyrd Skynyrd playing constantly.

That doesn't sound immoral at all.

And you say that like it's a bad thing?

I dunno, haven't actually read that one. I think it's from Mockingbird?

Yes, yes, your goo waifu is best girl, user.

Yeah. Meant to make a note of that.

Right, forgot about that. Carnage and Deadpool were great in Axis – almost made it worth the whole Scarlet Witch debacle.

Saving the world has waaaaaaaaay more moral weight to it than being racist. Which is what Carnage did when he sacrificed himself iirc.
Hell no. It's fucking hilarious.

>Having southern pride automatically means you're racist.
Okay, yankee boy.

>Yes, yes, your goo waifu is best girl, user.

You know it cracker jack

>Carnage is rascist
Get out you fucking yankee

>Which is what Carnage did

Venom please go, you are a home wrecking whore and worst symbiotefu

No being born white and male makes you a racist sexist homophobe. It is because of bigots like you that we have literally hitler in charge of the country.

Once again, you say that like it's a bad thing.

I, for one, welcome our orange literally-Hitler overlord.

To be fair, Trump has been pulling a lot of facist bullshit. We're lucky no one is giving him a chance to get away with it, though.

So how's that's impeachment? How's the fact that the republican party in congress are starting to turn on him? You must be pretty mad about that.

Hitler would probably have a more aggressive economic policy revolving around dismantling the fed, and instituting a more progressive tax rate to cover massive infrastructure works.

>Talking about politics on the Internet.
WELP.
This thread was fun while it lasted. Thanks for ruining it 60 post in. You guys are the cancer killing our threads.

You know, seeing all this stupid shit Marvel's doing really shouldn't be bothering me as much as it is, but...it is.

See, this is why the Muh Diversity and [UNSOLICITED OPINIONS ON ISRAEL???] were a bad idea overall.

Maybe you should stop believing everything the media tells you and look at things for yourself. You're not going to get anything but one very biased side of the story by just sitting there and getting your news spoonfed to you.

>politics
Please guys, let's not.
In a desperate attempt to avoid the incoming catastrophe I'll just ask.

Jumpers! Have you ever held a political office? How did it go?

You probably go to /pol/, so I don't think you should be the one to talk here.

Best way to store lots of food indefinitely?

Best way to store lots of material indefinitely?

So what if I do? At least I try to look at things from both sides, especially since both sides are constantly at each other's throats and extremely biased against each other. Shit's fucked nowadays and all this bickering over, quite frankly, inconsequential bullshit is getting really old.

Harry Potter Stasis Charms

Harry Potter Expansion Charms on chests, then putting the material in the chests.

Harry Potter Magic is King when it comes to Utility.

Rolled 217 (1d816)

Rolling for thread's jump.

Yes. The American culture war is fruitless and ruins fun things. So please let's not have a kerfuffle here.

Actually, this makes me wonder. Do political and other events in this world affect the future of the mundane generics? Like for instance, Generic Game Developer lets you start in 2030. If WWIII occurs in this world between now and 2030, could you end up in a post-apocalyptic wasteland instead of what the jump was supposed to be about?

of the last ~25% of my chain, most of it is spent in varying forms of nation-building
things generally went well, but I seemed to spend more effort making sure things didn't collapse post-jump than actually governing

Tribal God isn't normally a political position.

I just want people like you to stop dragging life in here and screeching about it.
Both sides look exactly the same to me, and I hate you all.
I come here to get away from the knowledge of how fucked and powerless I am, not to wallow in it.

I plan on holding some sort of office in X-men.
Probably not president, not right away, but that's the end goal.
I'll also be running openly as a mutant, and I'll see if I can't convince JFK to reveal his mutant status too.

Ah yes. That beautiful, edgy position of "Both sides are stupid and argue over bullshit that I have arbitrarily decided don't matter ever!", how wise and smart of you of to come to that!

I've concluded that speaking to you is just a waste of my time. Bye.

My neighbor is the county clerk. Talk about a depressed motherfucker...

That depends on if you think the post-apocalypse doesn't still need video games. Admittedly, it's a smaller market, but there's also less competition.

Exalted: The Infernals! Let's talk about that! Please for the love of Adorjan let's talk about anything other than the current subject.

>Thread devolves into /pol/ again
>"I know I'll post a wip of my jump to grab their attention!
>Take look at my dusty google doc
>skeleton.jpg
>Go back to procrastinating on Veeky Forums

What jumps have perks to be inmune to petrification and being sealed by the way?

If WWIII occurs between now and 2030 we have bigger worries than what the jumps world would be like. Also, I'll say it's up to you, although making video games might be a bit more difficult after nuclear war

Exalted is trash, I'd rather just the thread devolve into shitposting than talk about this garbage setting.

>making sure things didn't collapse post-jump than actually governing
How do you even do that? Usually I just cheat and make an Innistrad Archangel to look after things after I'm gone.

I was Prime Minister of Japan in Evangelion, and helped support NERV against the Angels, while also helping Kaji investigate SEELE and Gendo. I managed to help prevent Third Impact, as well as assist in the dismantling of SEELE, and when all was said and done I presented the pilots and command staff of NERV (aside from Gendo, who was arrested) with medals for their service. Asuka seemed like she would burst with pride, Shinji was happy and a little embarrassed, and even Rei gave a small smile.

Just As Planned.

Did you know, that TED is a massive cunt?

When I do hold office it usually involves me rounding up and throwing a ridiculous majority of politicians into prison before instituting a completely autonomous system of government run by a network of AIs which calculate public consensus via information-gathering nanomachines injected into the bodies of everyone with the right to vote. The AIs look at a problem, generate some solutions, pull a bunch of data from the nanomachines, process their circumstances and opinions into a vote, and then execute the result.

Quick, clean, zero concerns for corruption. It took a few tries to work the Skynet out of some of it but it's done a good job thus far.

Friendly reminder that if you don't take the Love of Adorjan drawback and buy the mysterious red-headed girl as a familiar you are jumping wrong.

I know the weakness to mental stuff is obviously canon, but when has the Juggernaut been weak to soul stuff and magic? Especially since he's buffed by magic.

I eventually got elected to Chief Representative of the United Orb Emirates in Gundam SEED. I spent my time in office trying to convince the nation to change its name, because we were clearly not an emirate. We barely even had any Muslims, why would there be emirs there? It's the fucking South Pacific, 90% of the country's population is Japanese expatriates.

>Best way to store lots of material indefinitely?
Cosmoline.

What did you change the name to?

Well, at least not collapse immediately. Sooner or later the respective peoples have to take SOME responsibility to govern themselves.
But it's mainly 3 things
>Buttload of teaching perks for potential successors
>Using accrued knowledge and experience to create a better system of government, which doesn't rely on its leaders being demigods
>Social engineering to encourage good-faith support of said system

1.) Added Nuclear Physiology aka Firestorm's power.
2.) Relaxed Vibe's restrictions post jump a bit. They can vibe through space-time but only on the same dimension. This probably gonna get relaxed soon. I have to fight myself over it.
3.) Gave Savitar like ability to Speedsters to basically run so fast you rip open up a short-lived wormhole between once place to another. Its like appearing in multiple places at once.

When Barry & Jay were fighting Savitar aka Future Barry Allen , Barry & Jay were getting tossed around like a rag doll. Cisco was tracking Barry, he was appearing in multiple places at same time as Savitar dragged Barry from one end the city to the other end, toss him up against a wall before repeating. The travel time between was like wormhole is depicted in the media.
4.) Added WaveyRider aka Waverider knockoff.
5.) Added Carptoic Teleportation aka Mirror Travel. Its Mirror Master's power, he's a Metahuman in Arrowverse.

Things I'm gonna change when Arrowverse stuff ends for the season:

1.) Add any Metahuman abilities that aren't covered already. I know there's a few that appear in S3.
2.) Allow dimensional & time travel. They use it so much that its pointless to deny it post-Jump.
3.) Add Savitar's suit or a batch of frictionless metal, so you can make your own. Savitar basically made power armor to protect himself from his own power. His speed is so great his body can't handle it.
4.) Start working on Supergirl Jump, whenever S2 hits Netflix.

thanks for answering
>Start working on Supergirl Jump
yayy!

Does "leader of the space UFF" in the "BELKA IS RISING AGAIN" scenario in the Nanoha jump count? We were fighting like it was the Troubles, with bombings and drive-bys all day erryday. Great fun, unless you were the TSAB who had to handle two angry terrorist groups going at it, and we were even on their side.

oh yeah, good perks for each of those
>Rogue perkline from Worm lets you boost competence in your underlings at an astronomical rate
>Alpha Centauri leaders have the understanding to make idealized versions of their government type
>Assassin's Creed bloodline powers let you create self-perpetuating norms