So which one of these three galactic powers would win and why?

So which one of these three galactic powers would win and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Empire_(Isaac_Asimov)
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_I-class_Star_Destroyer
wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dauntless_Light_Cruiser
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends on the setting, because literally half of 40k stuff like Psykers and how their ships work only functions inside their own universe. Put them in any other sci fi setting and they're really not much of a threat.

*cchairs your path*

Depends on who is writing the fanfic.

Depends on if you are using composites.

Depends on if you are including the EU empire stuff.

Depends on if you include the time traveling version of the federation who are in the future as being a factor.

Depends on who you are wanking.

Imperium you heretic do you really the empire stands a chance after seeing how weak star destroyers are in rogue one? The imperial navy would have a field day with ramming.

40k. The Imperium of Man may have less reliable ships, but good luck taking them down or stopping them in transit.

The only thing that poses a major issue is Star Wars because they may or may not be able to innovate faster. But they'd need to advance a fucking lot to have a chance.

And if we include DAoT humans then both get wiped easily. Or if the Imperium gets to have the Emperor/primarchs.

The Federation as mentioned may or may not get to use time travel which could be an issue, but the warp does that all the time anyway so I feel that temporal shit would already be a thing they can account for.

At their height the one on the left easily wins.

That's not the federation symbol

>but the warp does that all the time anyway so I feel that temporal shit would already be a thing they can account for.
>literal thing they can't account for
>I feel they can account for it
The answer is ST > 40k > SW

>There are people who don't actually know what the symbol on the far left is

>The answer if the question is, how do you get this problem wrong.

In order.

The Galactic Empire (Foundation) > Imperium of Man > The Galactic Empire (SW)

What is it then?

>can't account for it

Then I guess everyone should be dead. Someone can end up in the distant past and wipe out humanity. They may not be able to control it, but they sure deal with it all the time enough to be able to understand temporal shit and not get caught off guard.

This. The only one to actually control the entire galaxy and did it without psykers, the force, or just tricking the Senate.

>What is it then?

The Galactic Empire from the Foundation series.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Empire_(Isaac_Asimov)

The left is foundation? Then I guess they win. Aren't they supposed to be beyond even DAoT humans and just so advanced half the shit is magic? I retract my 40k answer then.

That's the Galactic Empire (Foundation series), right?

Because their actual military capabilities aren't very well described, though I suspect their blasters are considerably more dangerous than the weapons used by the other factions.

I wonder how well (the purely hypothetical) Galaxia would fare against the Chaos Gods.

Which one, Veeky Forums?

I think DAoT humans are still much stronger. But they're definitely stronger than the Imperium at their height just because they don't rely on the warp and actually have a much large population than the imperium.

If I remember correctly their ground forces are almost non existent because they just beat a planet into submission from orbit.

They are? I always heard foundation was OP compared to everything. Or does that empire take place in their past or something? Because reading their page they controlled the entire galaxy and humanity never did that in 40k.

the whole "Technology bordering on magic" thing only really comes around after the Empire begins to collapse where no one remember how it works

I mean, in Foundation there is no competition for the galaxy as no other sentient species really exists

What about those bird things?

Galaxia would fucking crush the chaos gods, no contest.

Gaia on the other hand...

It'd be scary if that planet and it's people were corrupted. They could potentially go on to create a Chaos Galaxia.

>galaxia made by people and just one planet

>beating immortal and corrupting chaos gods

>people who made 3/4 of the chaos gods just by acting normally

Gaia was one planet.

Galaxia was, as the name suggests, the idea of the whole galaxy being linked.

We know chaos can be resisted by a strong will. A quadrillion humans linked together would be overwhelming.

Or it could open up a second eye of terror

At least if you get all the way to Foundation's edge, they seem to have passed the DAOT, what with ships that can cross the entire galaxy in a couple of hours.

Damn some heavy nostalgia right there

Lego dudes win every time

the empire of mankind

Well at its height the Imperium had the Dark Age of Technology so.....

Imperium didn't exist during the dark age of tech

That's not the same galaxy dude. (and in the other case, it is but the rules are so different that it doesn't matter).

Not really. The underlying hypothesis of the whole Foundation/Robots setting is that humanity can better itself through science and reason. Galaxia is the ultimate achievement of this humanist progress. It is both harmonious and virtuous, at least according to Asimov's viewpoint (which is part of the setting's "rules", in a way).

Technically though it kinda did...................

Oh dear, why did I involve myself in this mess of an argument

The vastness of the Imperial Navy allowed admirals and sector governors to assign and dispatch ships at will, giving a very fluid organization. At the basic level, Star Destroyers operated in groups of four or six, which were interchangeably called squadrons or fleets. TIE Fighters typically operated in groups of four for sentry or pursuit duty. Larger battles often involved squadrons involving twelve or more fighters.[source?] In order to patrol the vast expanses of Imperial space, the Empire would split up varying amounts of Naval forces into sector fleets.[39] By the height of the Galactic Empire, approximately 25,000 Imperial-class Star Destroyers would have been in use,[34] while 20% of the Empire's starfighter fleet would be made up of the TIE/IN interceptor and other newer models in direct response to the Alliance's faster vessels such as the RZ-1 A-wing interceptor coming into production.[40]
>An Imperial I-class Star Destroyer is 1,600 meters long and they had 25000 active and already working.

Doubt the star wars empire got much chances against the other 2
Clone Wars republic were far more numerous, I read somewhere that they had billions of clone troopers. Would probably stand some chance against 40k empire.

A million men isn't enough to conquer Russia. A billion isn't enough to conquer a galaxy with well over a thousand Russia sized populated landmasses.

>Assuming each star Destroyer was fully staffed, and according to Wookipedia they staff about 37,000 people each, that adds up to around 925,000,000 soldiers on just Star Destroyer ships alone.

And they probably had thousands of smaller star destroyers...
Nevermind what I said here.

Star Wars imperium probably numbered in millions of star destroyer sized ships all together.
>Having billions of billions of officers and soldiers.

Something something a shit ton.

win at what?
beach volleyball?

According to "A New Dawn.".
The empire had trillions of trillions of military ships.
This includes Tie fighters, probably more than half are one man or two man ships.
Still this implies...
>what comes after trillions?
Of total navy personnel, and at least billions of soldiers.

Coruscant alone has a population of many trillions, even the slightest conscription would make an army of many billions.

Isn't Dauntless-class like two times bigger than star destroyer?

There are several classes of star destroyers.
It's implied there are 25 thousand IMPERIAL star destroyers.
Who knows how many star destroyers include all classes there are? Probably millions. Each having tens of thousand personnel.

There billions of worlds in stars wars all aware of each other, "or in the empire".
Just imagine how big army you need to keep average guy in check.
And also the fact that we always see Storm Troopers everywhere in the movies, there has to be many billions of Storm Troopers

The Empire from Asimov, probably. Those guys were hardcore.

You think there's over 400 different classes of star destroyers, each as numerous as the imperial class in Star Wars lore?

No.

While 40k has wildly inconsistent numbers and people overhype all the time, that has never been a thing.

Not arguing, i just heard it once somewhere.
How about doomsday weapons?

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_I-class_Star_Destroyer

Wookiepedia puts Imperial class Star Destroyer at 1.6km

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dauntless_Light_Cruiser

Lexicanum puts the Dauntless at 4.5km.

40k ships are really fucking big.

A new dawn says there are trillions of total ships.
25000 imperial star destroyers. Probably one for each galactic sector.
Each one having 9,700 storm troopers.
That's 250 million soldiers alone.
In just one class of star destroyers, the largest.
I doubt they have less star destroyers of the smaller classes, at least 2 to for each lower class, being logical. probably more.

Rather than a dauntless, you may as well use the frigates as a comparison. They're about ISD size.

The Imperium of man.
Prior to gathering storm and 8th edition, the imperium had 3 major flaws: a lack of non-warp based FTL travel, being full retard all the time with everything and having bans on innovation and understanding of how stuff actually works.

With the return of Guilliman, the unveiling of the Primaris marines and the launch of the invictus crusade, the latter 2 flaws are removed, and the imperium is now lead by arguably the greatest general ever to live save the emperor himself.
This fact means that destruction of terra is basically impossible now, because few things can rival leadership of a primarch, let alone Guilliman when it comes to warfare. And if you can't destroy terra, you can't beat the imperium, and if you can't beat it, then it will do what it does best: slowly but surely crush it's enemies over thousands of years by throwing men into a galactic sized meat grinder.

one of the largest*
there are even bigger ships
the empire had a couple of these
used as battering rams against fleets
>they literally just fly into a entire fleets at super high speeds and destroying them

>If each star System (considering that they have had time to populate and also to develop) makes the average on each system between 6 - 12 Billion a planet you could safely say then that even if you drew only 0.5 percent of the population for military duty either by conscription or volunteering you’d get about 60 million people.

>And this is only by low estimates. Some planets might provide more or the percentage might be higher. Take 60 million and multiply it by 100 and you get 6 Billion. So even at low end numbers you are potentially looking at armies that effectively are like the entire earth as a militarized force and also normally fighting age and male.

>It brings up the same ideas of the Persian empire of yore facing off against much smaller but better equipped and trained greeks and spartans. The immortals were called so not because they were immortal but because as soon as one was slain another would instantly take it’s place. The same ideas are also so with the Stormtroopers and the uniformity of the Empire. Seeing swaths of Stormtroopers of different classes all dressed in white would have the same effect on untrained armies in the classical period that it had in their period … sheer terror.

>they literally just fly into a entire fleets at super high speeds and destroying them

That's actually the Imperial navy's prefered tactic, in the fluff it was actually an upgrade to the "form line of battle" tactics going on around the time of the horus heresy (although Chaos broadsides probably have the upper hand in game), and they equip almost all of the fleet with armoured prows and some of them with shock prows (in game it's like a 5 point upgrade) to do so.

Isn't there a pic comparing 40K tech to modern tech and modern tech actually being mathematically superior? I think there was one with aircraft, another with a tank and another comparing theoretical or experimental ships with fictional ones, or something like that.

>blocks ur path

>The immortals were called so not because they were immortal but because as soon as one was slain another would instantly take it’s place
Named that by Herodotus, i.e. NOT named that by the Persians and also probably not named that from real evidence. Also it was not that one would be immediately be replaced on the battlefield but that they would always number 10,000.

Yeah, GW doesn't know how to convert their fluff into numbers and visa-versa. The tanks being slow is one thing, the equivalent of 300mm steel armour being able to stop half the shit it does in the fluff is nonsense. I think its why hard numbers are almost completely lacking for imperial armour 2nd ed.

>Depends on who you are wanking.
This is always reason why those discusion are pointless. It's usually wanking for your fav side from fave setting.

You'd almost think that a thin layer of plasteel and ceramite would easily equal to way more than 300mm of conventional steel

It's beyond all absurdity either way.
Galactic Empire probably win. (not the star wars one)
Star Wars probably has the largest potential army from having the most populous planets.
Yes, I know about hive worlds.
Coruscant and thousands of other star wars planets are a hive worlds on social healthcare.

40K can be compared to a small galactic North Korea while Galactic Empire can be seen as a galactic Nazi Germany.

>Yes, I know about hive worlds.
>Coruscant and thousands of other star wars planets are a hive worlds on social healthcare.
Nigger what? Coruscant does dwarf any hive world due to it's 1 trillion inhabitants, but that is the exception not the norm, and even then only 68% of that is humans, and everyone knows the galactic empire loathes letting anyone but humans join the ranks. Thrawn was the exception, not the rule.
There are around 576 trillion people living on all the appropriately 32,000 hive worlds living in the imperium, give or take 10 trillion or so.
That means you would need a couple thousands Coruscants to rival just the hive cities of the imperium in terms of human population, and there are not a couple thousand Coruscants, since it is far and away larger than most planets in the empire.
And that's just the hive cities.
The galactic empire in no way outclasses the imperium in terms of sheer numbers, and comparing the imperium to north korea when it is larger than the galactic empire in terms of both population and area is just ridiculous.

I still don't understand how they fucked those numbers, i mean we are in the grimdark future of shit that can tank plasma and meltas, i don't know why they couldn't think about at least 2000mm of RHA equivalent

The warp is omniversal.

>i don't know why they couldn't think about at least 2000mm of RHA
because those numbers were made in the 80's, when the public didn't have accurate information on what was at the time brand new top-of-the-line military equipment

it's almost like the internet wasn't around and the cold war was still a thing

Galactic empire spans almost entire galaxy.
There are at least 50 million worlds.
Coruscant is 50% human, that's still 500 billion humans on recordm with probably another trillion underground.
Coruscant is not the exception. Sure it's an exception in population size, but most core worlds have cities the size of countries all over the planet etc. Going by the art of them.
Coruscant achieved trillion stagnant status thousands of years ago. (in lore)
It would be absurd to say no other planets have done the same after thousand of years.
Probably thousands of worlds around the half trillion mark, at least in the 100 or billions.

I mean our little planet will reach 10 billion in a decade or something.

Isn't there an inquisition Oreos that deals with time shit

Is this still canon

>inquisition Oreos

>Coruscant is not the exception. Sure it's an exception in population size, but most core worlds have cities the size of countries all over the planet etc. Going by the art of them.
>its not an exception
>except it is an exception
Did you even think before you posted that sentence?
Both the imperium of man and the galactic empire have populations that are about equal (the quadrillions or so, depending on the sources your basing it off of)
The difference is that the imperium has tons more people at fighting age, since the imperium isn't above giving a toddler a gun and saying "go that way and shoot when everyone else does"
Not that it matters either way, because the imperium has guilliman while both galactic empires do not. No human, no matter how great, is going to beat a Primarch at war.

>playing the numbers game against Imperial Guard
>not even once.
Your force would be outnumbered in the first wave, which only really serves to keep you in place while every nearby planet sends another equally large or larger force until you are incinerated by lasbolts.

Did anyone else read "Earth and Foundation" and find it incredibly frustrating? It seems like whoever wrote it, ((Its supposed to be Asimov, but I think his son finished it) didn't have the guts to take it to its logical conclusion, which is essentially that we should have never left the trees, which I find absolutely unacceptable. It was a cop out and I felt cheated.

>I wonder how well (the purely hypothetical) Galaxia

Bullshit. You never read the book.

This user has the right idea, now we can really talk. I haven't read the Foundation series (yet), but do they have access to telekinesis? If not, then teams of force users and psykers beat them easily and engage in the longest match of beach volleyball in history, where the audience will get bored and go away before the ball touches the ground a single time

>40kids getting upset in a power level thread
Never stops being funny

we'd still need to narrow it down a bit

Which universe's fighter pilots would be the best at beach volleyball? This is the question we have to ask ourselves.

Ah, good thinking, you can be my wingman anytime user

Is there actually any fluff at all about 40k fighter pilots? Aside from deff skwadron?

Almost as funny as the star wars guys citing overglorified fanfiction

One of these settings has a very aggressive galaxy as its setting so the fact that the foundation took over the galaxy with minimal resistance doesnt say much.

The one on the far left. I honesty feel that the tech in star trek became so overpowered by late NTG it limited the writers more then it opened up the possibilities.

>starshitters cite unfounded, now non-canon fanfiction tier bullshit
>think they can call anyone else kids or power level wankers

What about Naval ground forces then? Marines and such? It would seem to me that if they're so heavily fleet based it would make them particularly vulnerable in the long run to boarding actions, particularly with the likes of Astartes who can get in and wreck shit as fast and hard as anything

Oh goodie. Another addition to the thirty fucking year debate over whether Darth Vader could beat up the God Emperor of Mankind.

Here's the answer: they're incompatible universes and arguing about it is a waste of time.

Mind you, Asimov did always like showing the issues with his own creation (Hence the Mule fucking up the future prediction as it existed in a hell of a loophole). He just didn't end up writing any books after Fundation's Edge to examine the issues with Galaxia.

The Emperor would laugh at how weak Darth Vader is.

Very true, that's why they made Enterprise a prequel

A New Dawn is canon.
And it cities that the Imperial Navy has many trillions of spaceships.
This alone MUST mean they have personnel numbering many dozen trillions.
And at least couple of thousand billion troopers/soldiers. If you count the fighter pilots as soldiers they number trillions.

I'm pretty sure that's canon.

And also.
I dunno if that guy included all total ships or just the navy.

Cause planetary ships aren't in the navy. So that could add billions of tie fighter and other small military ships.

And nor does that include non-navy army.