How does it feel being the invisible sibling, knowing your brother/sister will always be favoured over you?

How does it feel being the invisible sibling, knowing your brother/sister will always be favoured over you?

wrong board friend

this is Veeky Forums

Ffs thought I was on /adv/

/TG? loves you sad man

Cheers

to make this tg related:
a sibling that is always overshadowed is a classic plothook, either as the antagonist, trying to undo or "out-grandour" his brother/sister. Aside from that he could also act as a Rival for the Hero, bound by blood but set against each other by fate.
Lastly the younger Sibling can also fill the role of the "true hero" when his Brother fell from grace or got consumed by Evil in any way.
Alternatively hes a goofy sidekick.

At least there's no pressure.

OP here, is the overshadowed sibling likely to become the bad guy or the unsung hero?

depends on the setting id say.
As you claim you originally intended to post this on /adv/ i would guess the setting is real life.

so i guess its up to you.

Depends on the setting and the relationship between siblings

Would depend purely on the individual and their circumstances. Someone who allows their envy to fester into bitterness and cynicism would be more likely to choose an opposing path out of spite. Whether this puts them in the hero or villain category would depend on the sibling, though the former would be a very gray kind of hero, since they'd be doing 'the right thing for the wrong reasons.'

Alternatively they can be perfectly content with their place in the background and turn it to their advantage. When no one is paying attention to you, you can move in ways more glamorous individuals can't.

My sister is definitely the bad guy.

If I ever manage to convince another player to RP a sibling of my character, I want to go the invisible sibling route, but have him be the one protecting his more popular, more naive sibling's starry ideals. Probably an assassin type, who will use any means necessary to preserve that particular status quo for as long as possible.
And woe betide the ones that shatter that veneer.

not the guy who you replied to, but in my opinion either, really. I like to give my characters older siblings that were focused on by their parents so that I can have a reason why my char fucked off and did whatever made hi into an adventurer.

My most recent one, a beastmaster is the fourth son of a potter and a weaver. The first two sons became aprentices to the parents, they sent the third to the villages blacksmith, but they didn't really know what to do with the fourth one.
One day he found a stray dog and kept him for company, feeding him with his own meals because his parents wouldn't allow another mouth in the household.
Two weeks pass and it turns out that the dog ran away from the nerby noble's kennel. The then-houndmaster sees that the dog is fed and happy, contrary to the kid and offers to take him on an apprenticeship.

This is Pokaj's first step to becoming an adventurer, and eventually, godslayer.

Everyone has small beginnings. Keep your hopes up and do things you find interesting.

have you considered that maybe you're just shit and you're blaming it on favoritism to mask the real answer?

Not OP and not wanting to fuck with your good intentions m8 but if you've gone through years of depression, fuck-ups, mental problems, etc then remembering the times before that is pretty soul-crushing rather than life-affirming. IME.

>to make this tg related:
Veeky Forums

Because you don't need other boards.

For what it's worth, I know that feeling. It's generally horrible, since the only time I get noticed is when people want to take their anger out on so(me)one. You would think you would get used to it, but it still hurts every time.

> How does it feel being the invisible sibling, knowing your brother/sister will always be favoured over you?

What?

>tfw no siblings
Literally the only thing I wanted growing up.

I wouldn't even care if I was overshadowed, that just means I wouldn't be the only person my family cares about and has to put all the pressure on all the time.

Just a filename jape I made after seeing a conversation here on Veeky Forums. Thought it fit the theme of this thread.

Promethean Doctrine sayeth:
Shitty metal breaks and falls to evil, and good metal endures and becomes harder than before.

Even more what?