I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING ABOUT THESE FUCKO'S. PLEASE EXCUSE YET ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THE MARINES PRIMARIS...

I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING ABOUT THESE FUCKO'S. PLEASE EXCUSE YET ANOTHER THREAD ABOUT THE MARINES PRIMARIS, BUT THIS IS IMPORTANT.

LOOK CLOSELY AT THIS DESIGN. LOOK CLOSELY AT THESE MODELS. WHAT DO YOU NOTICE?

THAT'S RIGHT. TINY PAULDRONS.

THEY SHRUNK THE SPACE MARINES GODDAMNED PAULDRONS

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-faq-may15gw-homepage-post-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, they're the exact same size as regular marine pauldrons, so they're just smaller comparatively on the jumbo-marines.

FOR COMPARISON, HERE'S AN ILLUSTRATION OF A STANDARD TAC SQUAD. THEIR FUCKING PAULDRONS ARE HUGE LIKE THE EMPEROR INTENDED, AND COME ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE GODDAMN ELBOW, WHILE THE PRIMARIS PAULDRONS STOP A GOOD GODDAMN 6-10 INCHES ABOVE THE ELBOW

THEIR ELBOWS ARE EXPOSED LIKE FUCKING PAULDRONLESS SLUTS

THIS CANNOT STAND

LOOK AT THIS FUCKER. LOOK AT HIM. LOOK AT HIS GLORIOUS PAULDRONS.

IS THIS THE FUTURE YOU WANT FOR THE IMPERIUM? A FUTURE WITH INCREASINGLY SMALL PAULDRONS?

Is your keyboard broken? Are you alright?

HERE'S A SIDE BY SIDE SO YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELVES

THEY STREAMLINED THE PAULDRONS. ALL IS FUCKING LOST

I LEAVE YOU WITH AN IMAGE OF THE IDEAL, A PICTURE OF A TRUE WARRIOR OF THE EMPEROR. YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT, BUT THIS IS WHAT PERFORMANCE LOOKS LIKE

Both have the elbow exposed.

At least they get another pair on their knees

I'm cool with this. The giant pauldrons are really dumb and look bad imo.

>still posting this shop
Why.

>smaller pauldrons

These new guys just keep getting better and better.

The big pauldrons looked cartoonishly absurd, especially when they were extravagant ones on veterans and heroes.

Now they are a bit more reasonable and save on having to replace shoulder kits.

I like it.

All in favor of scrapping all tiny marine models in favor of the new ones, say reply to this post or your mother will die in her sleep tonight.

How much will the new marines cost anyway?

>shop
>he actually believes the size discrepancy is smaller
Boy oh boy you're in for a surprise

They look a lot better like this.

Theyre the same size you retard

He thinks he's Mister Rage.

>GW says they're bigger
>"No they aren't!"

I get that GW wanted to move closer to true scale Marines. I wanted it! But this just wasn't the right way to go about it. I think they shot themselves in the dick with this.

Yeah, poor GW, now all they have left is all the money people will be throwing at them.

>tfw you're slowly getting convinced there actually are shill threads on Veeky Forums

How? They will be supporting the current line of Space Marines.

The fluff could have been better, but I think the models are the best possible options they could have come up with. They're truescale, the pauldrons are less fucking ridiculous, and they're completely compatible with old SM customization options. Probably least frustrating basic troop model replacements they've ever released.

I'd have been nice if they'd admitted out the gate that they're basic troop model replacements, saving us the awkward shift over the next couple of years, but you can't have everything.

look at the old and new marine armour, pauldrons are smaller because new marines have built in neckguards, before pauldrons provided additional protection to the vulnerable seal between head and torso.

That would have been a terrible business decisions with Horus Heresy miniatures being as popular as they are.

GW said the pauldrons are the same so you can use older ones you git.

reply to this post or your mother will die in her sleep tonight

This is an incredibly valid point, thanks for bringing it up.

And they said the dudes are bigger and that they're not entirely compatible with existing SM kits, outside of a few bits.

>they are the same size
so all my extra pauldrons are still usable?

Are all primarines from the Ultramarine chapter? even if they're in other chapters? I'd like them to keep the ultramarine color and change the shoulder pad to fit the chapter they're in, or change the color of the armor but keep the ultramarine shoulderpad

bdz

I'm pretty sure that was the intention, yes.

Hmm well i hope the deathwatch pads can be used with em

I think even the heads are still usable, in case you're a cock sucking faggot who doesn't like that awesome MK IV like helmet, because GW also thinks in pillow biters.

>Are all primarines from the Ultramarine chapter?

No.

>even if they're in other chapters?

No.

Read the Warhammer Community articles about them, it explains it all.

They can. Helmets too. Gotta make use of those chapter conversion kits.

Just because they all use Guillimans geneseed doesn't mean they're Ultramarines in heart

Fucking finally, that shit looked retarded.

Now all we have to do is get Vlad to ditch this insane shit, and wargames will be free from the scourge of cumbersome, unaesthetic pauldrons. This may be a difficult task, seeing as he canonically wore this armour to his wedding.

I honestly prefer these proportions over the current ones. They actually look like they have dignity now.

>That dude with Guilliman's pose
Daw

Yes?

Anime ruined me, the more I think in current Guilliman the more I imagine him like pic related

Gonna commit senpukyaku

Holy shit I actually kinda can see the resemblance.

I don't get the reference

Old and battered hero who suffered a life threatening injury that left him pretty much unable to fight anymore so he just became a symbol of peace but has to pick the mantle once again and fight the unstoppable force of villains that are threatening the world. He's generous, stoic and with an incredible sense of justice but always has a smile in his face because above everything else he loves helping others. His motto is Plus Ultra (go beyond).

Why not just scrap all marines, full stop.

Please refrain from calling the God Emperor's holy Angels of Death "fuckos," citizen.

post the full image you fuck.

Nu-marines in the middle, standards to the right and left...to use your methods ALL THE SAME SIZE. The difference is literally a millimeter at best. These Marines fold into standard armies pretty well judging by this image.

They use the exact same pauldrons and size of helmet

They are interchangeable, it's been said officially by GW

>A milimeter
You're blind
Look at the normal marine with red helment in the left, now lookt at the immediately next to him primarine, look the difference in height

In gonna go backwards and get some of those sweet sweet metal marines that are way smaller

>realism
The cancer killing Warhammer.

Yes, there is a difference, a negligible one. you could even put the difference down to pose. Even looking at those two, who are admittedly the best for compare since they are almost touching bases, the difference is like a quarter of the head more for the nu, maybe. One or two millimeters at best. Were not looking at 3 inch figures here. If these were 3 inch we'd see more of a difference.

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/primaris-space-marines-faq-may15gw-homepage-post-2/

"Are the kits compatible with existing Space Marine kits?

Good Question. There are certainly elements of the existing Space Marines kits that will be cross-compatible, while the new armour mark means that some parts won’t mix as easily. Shoulder pads and helmets are the same scale, and will still work, whereas the legs, torso and arms are different, and not quite as interchangeable. In terms of the Primaris sets themselves, you’ll have loads of fun kit-bashing them."

At least read their Warhammer Community articles to keep up to speed, OP and other anons on this thread

with the new marines using any parts, particularly the head and shoulders, the difference in height is going to be tiny, as in the picture above, almost unnoticeable among the more standard marines.

Are you retarded? The heads and shoulders on the original models are oversized, so on the Primaris Marines they're actually proportioned well. There's no way it's going to be as stupidly small as you think.

It's not realism. It's verisimilitude.

If you don't understand the difference, you need to go back to school.

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

>verisi-
THIS WORD HAS TOO MANY SULLABLES! APOLOGISE!

>tfw ork
LAUGHING AT YOUR PETTY CURSES

Fuck off with this shit

Gonna buy lots of them from chinaman and use them as normal marines with aquila helmets and if possible normal backpacks

I am not sure how I feel about the fluff.

But the actual models are great.

Gork & Mork are the eldar's gods of peace and tranquility

the pauldrons are the exact same size, the guy is just larger

this is so numarines can use shoulder pad upgrades

Faggot.

BEGONE THOT

#pauldronequality

The problem is that these AREN'T true scale marines, they're super duper marines with separate rules and fluff that are closer to the scale that regular marines are usually portrayed as.

That's not really a problem. It makes sense form the Imperium to improve their Space Marines since Chaos has been improving theirs with Warp dickery.

They have far too many models in old marine scale to do this suddenly, and you know as well as I do that there would be untold numbers of autists who would rage at their entire marine collection being obsolete in an instant. This way they can encourage people to gradually buy new scale and update their army over time. Gw already confirmed that the primaris process can transform current marines not just new recruits, so expect to see all marine models (including heroes like Dante, calgar, Lukas, etc.).

He's also a fat dog.

But that's wrong. they have the geneseed from whatever primarch their chapter is from.

Gulliman ain't that much of a dick, he's like....a quarter of that dick.

I hope NuMarines come in boxes of 10 for around $30. I won't buy them at that price point, but eventually I can find $20 lots on eBay and finally make truescale Black Templars just like the comics.

I kinda dislike this too.

GW should have just bitten the bullet and make these the new Mehreen models.

The endless bitching would have been too much to bear.
I mean just look at what we've had the last few weeks on Veeky Forums.

>>THAT'S RIGHT. TINY PAULDRONS.
>
>THEY SHRUNK THE SPACE MARINES GODDAMNED PAULDRONS
maybe, they have less to compensate

You called ?

Only because he's been eating all the world's sins so we don't have to suffer for them, user.

Eh.

Anyone who has played the game long enough has had to switch out their Marines eventually. I don't know anyone from 2nd Ed days that still uses those models.

Spess Muhreenz are shit

Guillimarines are shit

GW is shit

40k should be more realistic so we can have tacticool marines and guardsmen. Then scream Humanity Fuck Yeah as we kick everyone's ass with our badass tactics, strategy, and technology.

I like that GW has toned down the ugly baroque meme.

Gonna take my nuMarines and put old marine legs on them to create some stunty marines.

Nice try I'm behind 7 immunity animals.

This dog may be already dead, he died to protect us, now he ascended to higher level of existence.

I'd be happy to say you're right if Girlyman's armor wasn't so over the top.

That's what I like to hear. Good for poorfags and those like me who don't really have a collection yet.

kys

Jokes on you, I have seen immunity cat.

yup

ELDAR 'AVE SOME NOISY PEACE AN' TRANQUILITY

Character models are not the infantry norm, though. The Primarchs typically don't look like average Space Marines either.

Neo New Marines look way nicer than originals.

I assume this whole "Primaris" thing is just GW coming up with an unnecessarily elaborate excuse for updating the models.