All true wizards must adhere to a dress code chosen from the three below:

All true wizards must adhere to a dress code chosen from the three below:

>Victorian gentleman outfit: suit, coat, cane, top hat absolutely madatory. The top hat may be used as a material focus for any conjuration or transmutation spell, provided the item or creature to be summoned or altered can fit in it. Limited accessories and jewelry: two rings max, amulets and talismans to be kept under the suit unless spells are to be cast.
>Robe and a pointy hat, staff, beard - short, brown, and well groomed for young wizards, long and grey and bushy for elders. Moderate accessories: allowed, but try not to go too far with it.
>Robe, gloves, boots hood up, face must be covered in darkness at all times. Occasional glowing eyes from the shadows are allowed, within reason. Facial hair cannot grow longer than what could be hidden under the hood's shadow. Heavy accessorization encouraged and recommended: cover it all with runes and bling, nothing is too much!

Wizards failing to meet any of these requirements are poseurs.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

rolang.com/archives/329
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What if I want to use my smoking pipe as a spell focus? You seem unaccustomed to the accessories promonate to a gentleman you cur!

Fine, I join a coven and become a witch where my nudism isn't that far-fetched when most rituals require eating a baby while doing interpretive dance under the full moon.

Plus, now my usual lunch has a purpose.

>Discuss.
Okay.

Does this dress code also apply to female wizards? Certainly an attractive woman of the magical persuasion is allowed to show more skin?

Different idea:
>Weird fucking hat
>Midsection cushion that wraps around, protective armor optional
>Skirt made from some exotic beast's skin
>Poncho and footwear both optional

Take your fedorable demands and shove 'em up your ass, m'faggot.

OP is a faggot with shit taste.

Naturally.

third one

Rolled 8 (1d20)

Actually wizards can dress however the fuck they want, as long as it's pretty weird

RANDOM WIZARD CLOTHING 1D20

1. Robe of dead fairies with their hands sewn together.

2. A wizard's hat. The entire outfit is a hat. Their naked legs come out the bottom and there's a hole cut out about 2/3rds of the way up for their face.

3. Only their own beard (wizard may be male or female).

4. A giant rough crystal split in two and hollowed out with a space for the wizard's body. Fastens together with an orichalcum clasp-and-spike.

5. A whaleskin leather jester's outfit, dyed purple. Reeks more than usual.

6. Black silk body wrappings and a scale solar orrery hung from the wizard's neck.

7. A rabbit tied over their genitals. If you pull the rabbit away, there's always another one there.

8. A bolero jacket and a wooden beehive with holes for the legs. All of their visible skin is covered in honey.

9. A hundred different antlers.

10. The classic: a staff, grey robe, big pointy grey hat and one eye. The missing eyeball hangs around the neck, or out of the socket.

11. A cloud. Periodically it turns angry, dark, starts leaking and generates static. The wizard is forced to beat it until it becomes fluffy and white again.

12. A gigantic hand with six fingers that clasps around their body.

13. A broken hollow statue of the wizard hung with lace around their body.

14. A robe or dress of white feathers and a headdress of peacock feathers.

15. Tanned skin and shrunken heads of the wizard's (many, often nonhuman) enemies.

16. A dalmatica made of stitched-together paper book pages - the wizard appears as though they had the exact width of a sheet of paper.

17. A clay jar filled with nutrient fluids (the wizard's party must roll them around).

18. Angry snakes.

19. A large, strangely-colored icosahedron with each face carved with a mystical number.

20. A wax candle and the shadow of the entity the wizard has sworn themselves to the service of.

>Discus

You're a fag OP.

If your wizard doesn't dress like they're retired and running a drug ring out of a tropical resort, you're doing it wrong.

am i not allowed to wear a pointy blue cap with stars all over it?

I use magic to not meet the requirements.
CHECK AND MATE!

If you can't feel your pants rubbing your nipples sensually while casting, what's even the point of being a wizard?

>Wizards not wearing thematic costumes indicating something about their powers

At least let my fire-caller wear a brazier on his back or something!

>Wizards failing to meet any of these requirements are poseurs

implying that any wizard would adhere to another wizard's sense of fashion unless they were in a unified association/academy.

-Real- wizards wouldn't give a fuck about some other wizard's dress code because respect as a wizard is based on merit and not reputation or who you are buddies with.

>"Y-you're not wearing the p-proper wizard attire!"
>gets blown the fuck out by some highly advanced spellwork
"Okay"

Fucking dumb. Sage.

Sorcerers are still allowed to dress like idiots, right?

>implying the organized wizards who freely share notes and techniques and all work together for the purposes of expanding their knowledge wont be the stronger ones

>implying they don't share notes with each other in order to even measure up to the powerful hermits

>he doesn't understand the importance of proper wizard robes and hat

The Wizard doesn't wear robes because it's the dress code. The Wizard wears robes because he's a goddamned WIZARD and no one can tell a wizard that his pajamas aren't proper formal wear.

I do believe there is only one way for a wizard to dress.

Not even a dramatically more powerful wizard?

WIZARD.

Would fit under the second style I think.

Of course, given that sorcerers are idiots.

Style 1:
Pretty good, but the hat isn't as classy as you think it is. Also steampunk has partially ruined this look.
Style 2:
Two options: Gandalf/Merlin exist in your universe and your dumb for emulating their style or they don't exist and it's just a dumb meme look.
Style 3:
Way too edgy, wizards should be above that sort of thing.

Also, discreet wizards are cool.

I disagree.

>Wizards failing to meet any of these requirements are poseurs.
If you can't dress in a ridiculous outfit that looks like a storm waltzed through a thrift shop, then torn and stitched and patched every article of clothing inside together randomly, resulting in an unholy abomination of mish-mashed fabrics - then what's the fucking point of being a wizard in the first place?

this is what a wizard should look like

No bling. No service.

What about wizards wearing snakes or illusions.

Real wizards dress however they want, as long as it's inappropriate for common people.

But that seems appropriate enough.

Warped and twisted...and swiped!

As good an answer as has been put forth!

Don't forget to roll for your obsession as well!

rolang.com/archives/329

>bushy beard
>not straight and pointy
Sure thing, Santa Claus.

>pajamas
Good taste.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Lets see here

This picture gets reposted billion times but every time you look at it, you discover something new

>Warhammer fag talking about tastes

>entity the wizard has sworn themselves to the service of
>wizard
>not a warlock

This candle might be compromising my archaic use of DnD classes

>not being naked with an enchantment that makes people see you wearing whatever clothes they associate with a stereotypical wizard

What if someone that's never heard of wizards at all looks at you?

Just naked, and not giving a fuck. Glowing eyes. Shrivelled cock. Touched by the gods.

Nah.

>not dressing as comely barmaid to lure your enemies into a sense of false security
>not seducing them and letting them fuck you over the bar while the entire party watches
>not falling in love with them and running off the next day to be married
>not having a long, fulfilling life with them, bearing multiple children and raising them to adulthood
>not calling them to the kitchen one day when their health is waning
>not dropping your illusion to reveal an old pervert in a filthy robe with a prolapsed asshole staring up at them from the floor
>not looking over your shoulder seductively and saying "tee hee, gotcha" as their heart gives out
>not standing over their corpse, laughing as you continue to live on for centuries using the spells you learned during your free ride through the last 40 years.
>not deliberately raising the kids to be shitheads.
>not ensuring you were entrusted with their entire estate before their death

THAT is a wizard's dress code

>wizard
>adhering to something

well, I got some bad news for you bro

Only warlocks care about their appearance.
Actual wizards have shit to study.
In fact, any wizard that isn't simply becoming a lich and then a demilich isn't actually serious about mastering Reality.

Pass.

I CANNOT BE CONTROLLED
KNOW THIS AS YOU DIE, EVER PATHETIC, EVER FOOLS.

I'm actually playing a cleric partly based on Animus.
He serves the god of Sloth, so the pajamas are appropriate.

I was about to shittalk the one on the right until I realized it was reminding me of Magicka wizards.

Shit, man, I dunno.

Magicka's got pretty good wizard styles. Need more bling tho.

Wizards can dress however they want as long as it is suitably peculiar, though major rules are
-some sort of strange headwear of hood is mandatory
-vials and runic script and other such things are important to have on one's person.
-males must style their beard in a silly way

You forgot armor

You bore me mageling

The Mage, Animus or The Master, Animus?