A moderately large fleet of Daleks enters the grimdark galaxy of WH40k

A moderately large fleet of Daleks enters the grimdark galaxy of WH40k.

How big a threat would they be to the other factions?

Other urls found in this thread:

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Daleks_(TV_story)
youtube.com/watch?v=3_cJ9BlMCw8
youtube.com/watch?v=gEj3nuBOxZg
youtu.be/X_mAz2GqzFQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Game ender.

They have time travel.

/thread

Time travel beats everything.

The Daleks are an equal match to Time Lords.

A single Time Lord could end the entire 40k setting if only he gave a fuck.

A bunch of Daleks would have little trouble.

Your race cant be taken seriously if they are fucking wheelie-bins with plungers sticking out of them.

I dont care how much lore wankery or tv shows they've been in.

They're essentially tanks and tanks are fucking rad.

Sure they'll never not be quaint but even though I lost interest in Doctor Who years ago I'll always love the Daleks even despite how shit and gay the show continually continues to make them.

Genesis of the Daleks and that 2005 Dalek episode are some timeless classic SciFi for me.

>that 2005 dalek episode

you mean the one where the Dalek tells the Doctor he would make an excellent Dalek and you can almost FEEL the slap?

Of the new Dr Who there should have been only 2 Darlek episodes. That one as the final goodbye and for that verbal slap to the face and the more recent one with Davros but with the last 10 minutes cut off the end.

Davros dying at that moment would have been a touching moment full of feels. After he dies it should have been a mad dash back to the Tardis rather than muh Time Lord magic.

As it stands it built up well and ended shit.

Wouldn't robits get immediately swamped by DAoT viruses

yea it's true. You probably know but the BBC have to use the Dalek image every series or they lose the rights or some shit which is why they get so badly raped with terrible stories.

They should be the BBEG kept for special occasions.

>You probably know

I didn't know, as it happens, and it also sounds a lot like bullshit.

what about that episode where they retrofit atmospheric bubbles and laser guns onto spitfires and have a space dogfight with a dalek ship

dr who might be stupid, but it manages to be fun-stupid more often than it should

>robits

He actually couldn't.

It's kind of retarded, but a lot of points in history are fixed. When the Time Lords try and change fixed points the time stream just contrives various reasons for things to have stayed the same, like in Waters of Mars where most of the people he save wind up committing suicide.

It's true just google the Terry Nation Estate there's plenty on the long legal misery the Daleks have been to the show.

Why does the robot plumber carry a pet squid around

That is the Dalek. The things you see in the show are battle suits.

Your race cant be taken seriously if they are fucking cockney football hooligans expy.

t. raging faggot

Nah.
The plungerbots are daleks, that squid thing is some bullshit retcon.

Nobody takes the orks seriously. They're the comic relief. And when they're not, it's easy to forget about all the football stuff just by having them shut up.

Try that with the daleks.

They would absolutely wipe the floor with every other named faction, including Chaos.

Daleks can Time Travel. Daleks invent new tech and develop superweapons at an alarming rate. Either one of these would be really fucking dangerous on its own, but combined its kind of impossible for 40k to compete.

Like, let me fucking TELL YOU about the Time War.

The Time War never ended, because every single battle of the tiem war has been lost, won, and is still being fought simultaneously. Every time any individual battle would be lost, someone on the losing side sends the battle data back in time and uses that to win, in an infinite loop.

Each side creates superweapons that win the war, and then have those superweapons be sabotaged before they can be deployed, and then use time travel to ensure those weapons are successfully developed and win the war, etc, infinite loop.

Time got so fucked in the Time War that there is an entire third faction scrambling in the war: the "Could-Have-Been King" and his army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres. Entire civilizations and lost armies that are from timelines that no longer exists, and whose only motivation was to create timelines where they and their people survive.

It got so cancerously bad that the Doctor had to seal the entire time war in its own little bubble so it would stop spilling out into the rest of time and space. Its still being fought, and occasionally shit gets out anyway.

The Daleks were one of the two major sides in that, and the one that escapes the time war the most consistently. 40k wouldn't even know what to do against that kind of shit.

Faction paradox is pretty much what you get when you mix timelord with some chaos.

>a fucking trashcan

What if a Dalek turned to Chaos?

Pretty much the same if it were Khorn or Tzeentch. I dare not to think of Slaanesh daleks... although if they derive pleasure from cruelty and hatred, it would still be the same. Nurglite Dalek?

What he said.
The daleks are what you get if you had oldcrons mixed with even more bullshit tech.
The daleks would think the old ones and the c'tan as cute.

Game over, Daleks win.

But hey, maybe you think Time Travel logistics isn't enough. Lets talk what teh Daleks can fucking do to you. Superweapons that the Dalek can shit out on a sunday morning INCLUDE:

> a bomb the size of your fist powerful enough to turn an entire planet into gravel, included in the body of a lifelike robot that doesn't know its a robot and which can pass all medical inspections
> a psychic bomb from the timewar that doubles your thoughts, then doubles them again, in a loop until your brain tears itself apart. It was designed to kill time lords, and when said time lords used their bullshit regeneration power to give themselves a new body all it did was reset the the clock and their thoughts started doubling again. So it could kill an immortal being with 15 "that didn't kill me" retcon tricks in under an hour with one shot.
> a bomb that creates a time bubble large enough to encase a planet, preventing travel into or out of the bubble, and then sends everything at superspeed forward or backward in time.So either rewinding your planet back to prehistory, or fastforwarding your planet to the lifeless wasteland at the end of time.
> Temporal Cannons, which delete you from history so you never existed at all. They can be built big enough to delete a planet, or small enough for individual person use to be mounted on a Dalek. A Teme War weapon, obviously.
> various planet busters, too many to name really
> the ability to steal planets and teleport the whole thing into a little pocket dimension that only they can travel in and out of, which even other time travelers can't find without help

which leads into the big one

> The motherfucking REALITY BOMB, a solar system sized superweapon built out of stolen planet which, when activated, would wipe from existence every other planet, star, and ship in the universe, in every timeline past present and future. The only safe place to be would be inside the space of the Reality Bomb itself.

Like, fuck.

They have psychic protections in the show, with varying degrees of success, but assuming one of them actually did fall to Chaos?

The most likely outcome is that the Dalek kills itself for no longer being 100% pure superior being Dalek. We once see a Dalek kill itself because it started feeling emotions other than pure blinding hate. So the moment mutations come up, its time for explosive sudoku.

If, for whatever reason, the Dalek doesn't kill itself? The others will kill it for the same reason.

Daleks don't have individual ambition to play upon, so promising one power doesn't really accomplish much. The Dalek will either insult you for presuming the Daleks needed your help in the first place, and then kill you, or if you are offering something that would help in the extermination of all other forms of life take the offered power and them immediately try and use it to kill you.

The only Chaos God who might have a hold on them is Khorne, because they are some pretty dedicated killers, but the Dalek methods of fighting are VERY un-Khorne. Khorne loves bloodshed and combat. To the Daleks, spilling blood is basically a failure state because that means you didn't turn their entire planet into anti-matter and send it crashing into a another planet to kill both civilizations instantly. They would also question why they need Khorne, and they would begin working on a plan to kill the Chaos Gods moments after they find out such things exist.

>make retarded trashcan with sticks jutting out of it
>write some terrible fanfic tier superpower lore worse than a 12 yr old marvel neckbeard's hero fantasy
>idiots actually try to hype it up like its worth comparing to any other franchise

Just no, time-travelling galactic tyrants who use a "tank" that can be stopped by a moderately sized curb.

Put some basic effort it or leave it in a bad comedy.

>if it can beat mah 40kays it's garbage op fanficshun!

You're right about one thing, though, 40K and Doctor Who are pretty incomparable. 40K is simplistic satire, whereas old Doctor Who is a critically acclaimed masterpiece of sci-fi television.

>critically acclaimed masterpiece of sci-fi television
His bias shows.

> 40K is simplistic satire
His ignorance too

It sounds like they were written by twelvies.

They are the most dangerous faction around in a show that's been running, on and off, for 40+ years.

Over time, their list of accomplishments has gotten pretty insane.

>His ignorance too

40k was always satire, though. Late editions went to shit when the writers forgot this and tried to actually take it seriously - always a bad call.

Im not that invested in 40k lore.

You can put star wars, star trek, guardians of the galaxy, the expanse, judgement day... fucking anything really.

They all beat a villain that was created from the constraints of making a cheap physical prop for a 60s tv show

Daleks would eat shit. They can handle modern small-arms fire and even some explosives but many of the Imperium's weapons are high-tech enough to tear them apart. Tau, Necrons and Eldar wouldn't have any trouble at all.

That's just in ground combat - if all they have is a single fleet, sheer numbers, if not fire superiority, will put a quick end to them.

Until they inevitably inexplicably "fall through time" and reappear later, a constant and overused asspull method of bringing them back that probably suits GW's writing style perfectly.

> lets judge this fictional faction on everything but what they can do in canon

Why are you even here?

>They all beat a villain that was created from the constraints of making a cheap physical prop for a 60s tv show
>Guardians of the Galaxy

If we're judging the book by its cover, then I'd say a trash can could beat a fucking raccoon.

They were always mutants encased in travel machines.

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Daleks_(TV_story)

Which one pillages which, user?

Depends if Big E or Papa Smurf is around.
Big E would wipe them from the universe and Papa Smurf would find some convoluted Spiritual Liege way of killing them.

In between then however, there would be a pretty big war, though the Imperium would not go down without kicking and screaming.

I refuse to reward such poor effort with any kind of respect.

Its as bad as modern artists shitting onto a canvas then having essays being written on the meaning of their garbage. And having that garbage displayed in the same museums as those who actually tried to create something with skill and beauty in mind.

Daleks should have been evolved into something other than trashcans the moment the tv show could afford it. Just writing shitty fanfic while the form remains the same is meaningless.

If the Daleks are doing it right, by the time the Imperium realizes the Daleks exist and are a threat, its too late to dip anything about it.

Also time travel. The fact the Daleks have access to this is a massive advantage that no one in the 40k universe can reliably match.

>Doctor Who
the setting becomes even more cancer than even robot girlyman's super-marines
I'm a britfag and even I want this shitty show to die

I'm guessing you guys get the worst of it?

Of course we fucking do.

Mind telling me a story? I feel like cringing this morning.

Your mom can't be taken seriously if she's a fucking slut with cocks sticking out of her.

I don't care how many truckers she wanks off or how many gang-bang videos she's been in.

>40k was always satire, though.
>was
Long ago, before you autists. You all took it as seriously as the writers.

Well in my head, the peanut-people can explode suns just by thinking about it, and it's been my canon for YEARS. Therefore shut up.

>You all took it as seriously as the writers.

Hey, don't lump me in with those assholes. I still prefer second edition over anything that's come since.

Daleks show up, wreck shit, unmake a couple worlds and generally appear to be even more of an apocalyptic super-threat than everything else in WH40K.

Unfortunately they came to the WH40K universe, so, narratively, they play by 40K rules. 40K doesn't have to play by Dr.Who rules unless they asininely try to counter-invade.

At this point they remain an omnicidal threat killing planets left, right, and center, but somehow never quite enough or fast enough to totally destablize the galactic scale shitshow.

Eventually they are either:
A)Forced back to their home universe at the cost of...I don't know. History's largest Ork Waagh, 2 Eldar Craft worlds and a few hundred billion Guardsmen with other factions operating in ominous/significant manners on the side lines in some kind of cataclysmic showdown / pileup of way too many overcomplicated plans.
or
B)They are a menacing threat which, though always menacing, just get mentioned a little less each time until the writers quietly forget about them and they're never mentioned again.

Because there is no force so powerful that it can both operate according to 40k narrative convention and permanently upset the galaxy enough to be permitted to 'win' and thereby end all conflict.

Afraid not, it's mostly low-grade cringe I encounter, and that I try my best to avoid.

Well, then it doesn't sound that terrible and mostly that you're just exaggerating.

Tell that to Cadia.

I would imagine what would happen is since they are burbling lumps of hate with tentacles Chaos gets it on with them. Khorn would probably mess in his big boy pants and those pants were made from his favorite skulls.

The thing is if you could corrupt Daleks with Chaos it would make them arguably more effective. Certainly a new trick in their bag, at least, but, yeah, narratively I think they should be more powerful. And they should be because of the coming irony when the regular Daleks see them and start to murder them, or at least try, because even if they were a new superior model the Daleks would see them as contaminated. Yes, mutants who cannot abide things that are too different from themselves. It helps when they think their grotesque form is the pinnacle of evolution, at least for their kind.

The daleks probably worked best in their original appearance, when their role was far more constrained and they didn't stupidly repeat "exterminate" over and over. (IIRC, "exterminate" was only used once, and it was screamed unnecessarily in combat, but rather used when the daleks were plotting what to do with the Doctor and his allies.) It's once they've been turned into a galaxy-threatening, time-traveling, virtually-invulnerable race of supposed super-geniuses, that shit really gets retarded, especially when they're constantly barking "exterminate" for no reason, like some sort of idiot dog.

A dalek that stopped shouting wouldn't be a dalek anymore.

>can be stopped by a moderately sized curb.
Not really:
youtube.com/watch?v=3_cJ9BlMCw8

WOAH, XENOS IN A CAN?!

>Just no, time-travelling galactic tyrants who use a "tank" that can be stopped by a moderately sized curb.
Bitch, please. You need more than just a club to stop a dalek. At the very least, you need something like a hat or a frankenstein.

youtube.com/watch?v=gEj3nuBOxZg

Lorgar a shit.

By the time they had the budget to replace them, the design was already iconic. Notice that when they had the chance they did redesign the Cybermen, but the Daleks have largely remained the same aside from changing color every now and again.

At this point, the Daleks are like the Tardis itself. Police call boxes don't exist anymore, but if you made the Tardis look like anything else it wouldn't be the Tardis anymore.

Or relegated to small cameos.

Time War variant is ridiculously op, but then I suppose for a conflict like that it makes sense. It's at that degree of power where they fuck with the multiverse and other dimensions, so arguably this is what 40k would be facing.

Dalek in vid related was when they were just concerned with conquering a single universe, and frankly were still struggling to survive after getting their squiddly-diddlies kicked by the Movellans. Who I suppose were nice to see again this season, if only briefly.

Do they though?

I like those two epsisodes, but I also think Davros should've stayed dead from Genesis onwards.
Cybermen are better anyway

>Notice that when they had the chance they did redesign the Cybermen
I actually like the old cybermen designs (well, most of them, anyway). They had character. I find the new design to be rather bland, if obviously higher budget. Appearances aside, I really hate how they've turned the cybermen into robot drones who mechanically say "delete, delete, delete" and shit. I also hate their origin. The old cybermen were never particularly consistent, but they were at their best when they seemed more like mummies or zombies than robots. Also, their origin story is pretty cool: a sister planet to Earth is flung out of the solar system and the inhabitants go underground to survive the cold of space, and begin augmenting themselves until, bit by bit, they lose their humanity. It sure as fuck beats their blimp-world creation story in new Who.

>His bias shows.

No, that's just a fact.

The old Doctor Who stuff is widely considered to be one of the most important pieces of science fiction to grace TV.

>40K satire thing

That's a fact too. Do you know nothing about the game you play?

They would work best with Tzeentch

>temporal cannons
But how would you know they actually work?

Pretty sure they retconned the blimp-world cybermen away and are now back to the old ones, though with the new designs.

Yeah, the universe has been reset like... 3 times since the blimp world.

>xD your mom lolololol

You don't care how many videos she's been in? I personally would look them up.

I know they encounter some cybermen that they said must've developed independently or some shit, but they never really focused on that, leaving blimp-world as the only creation story that was more than a hand-wave (and a hand-wave that didn't even make much sense). Of course, I walked away from the show at the beginning of the last season, and was losing interest during the season or two before that, so it's possible I've missed some important developments on the subject. Regardless, the cybermen need a better depiction. New Who has done some things well, but it has, in general, done a pretty crappy job of interpreting classic enemies, in my opinion.

>Yeah, the universe has been reset like... 3 times since the blimp world.
I hate how little integrity new Who has. I recognize that classic Who could be inconsistent, but it didn't completely restart the universe and change everything around every other season.

Think coons trump trashcans user

You don't. From your final perspective you never even fire it, you just bought a gun and suddenly you never seem to run into problems.

Who time travel logic has the POV of the time traveler being massively important. You can't change events you have already witnessed directly yourself. All paradoxes have to be external rather than internal to your personal timeline.

So you shoot a guy with the temporal gun. He blips out of existence. Anyone who saw him vanish remembers him, the rest of the world does not.

youtu.be/X_mAz2GqzFQ

I want to say that the Mondasian Cybermen absorbed the Pete's World Cybermen in to their fold. But given NuWho's inconsistency sometimes I could be easily wrong

Little pepper shaker cheerleading squad is kind of adorable.

Let me have you the trouble of having this thread.
>WH40K vs anything
>WH40Kids: WH40K wins because reasons
>any disagreement
>you are wrong because WH40K is strongest
>any discussion
>WH40K the best, you're dumb
>any reasonable and logical proof
>WH40Kids: nope because MAGIC/REASONS/LORE/BULLSHIT!
>thread continues until people stop posting
>WH40Kids: See, we're right you're wrong.

Whatever the fanfic writer decides.

The problem with Daleks is that just 5 random Daleks on a planet will, given enough time, build a device that can destroy the planet and possible the nearby star. They don't even need advanced technology to work with, garbage will do the same job even if it takes a little longer.

well, now it is. The first two new series of the reboot were okay, but I stopped watching with Tenant. At the point, it got stupid. Now they have comedy actors as the companions - Matt Lucas, really? Don't get me wrong, some good ideas, but now it's all in a 45 minute wrap up, where's the tension? There's a problem, there's a Doctor, it's fixed. In the early series you might go a full first episode before the Doctor turned up so you had some tension.
The new style Daleks are awesome, even if the Emperor was bitshit insane. Bad Wolf, brilliant, only serious TARDIS babble defeated that. The episode Dalek was a great insight into the Dalek mind, and the double where they meet the new Cybermen was cool too - the worst damage a Dalek suffers is "My casing is impaired" which seems to cause no actual harm. But because they're the bad guys, they're a joke as they always get defeated.

Completely agree with you.

I don't know, resetting allows change and new stories without having to care about inconsistencies.

Uh, no. They were there from the first appearance of the Daleks, in black and white, back when they were so shitty that they died the instant you opened the suit, and they lost power when they drove onto a carpet.

Have you ever actually paid attention to Doctor Who? The Daleks can't simply 'time travel' all of their problems away. Somethings HAVE to happen. Pivotal things.

Also, you're aware that the Emperor would know they're coming and warn the various sanctioned psykers of the Imperium? He's literally a god and borderline omniscient.

Nevermind the fact that we have no idea how physics would change for the Daleks in the 40k universe (or vice versa).

>Emperor would know they're coming and warn the various sanctioned psykers of the Imperium? He's literally a god and borderline omniscient.

Except for, you know, that time that he didn't foresee his own death and the destruction of everything he worked for despite no fewer than 4 different people telling him it was going to happen to his fucking face.

Emps is powerful, but he can't see everything and he has a bad case of being a goddamn idiot.

So does the warp, but chaos hasn't won yet by just sending daemons into the past to kill the emperor or stop the shamans from making him.

Khorne wouldn't care about the Daleks. Khorne has fucking MAGIC on his side. Daemons are not mortal or constrained by the laws of physics (such as they are) in the 40k universe.

I'm sorry, the Daleks are a threat but not to the extent people are claiming. I'm willing to bet the existence of the Warp by itself would fuck up most Daleks, from their navigation methods to their time travel to their weapons.

Daleks aren't constrained by the laws of physics either.

Omniscient is not the same as being able to see the future. As soon as they became actors in the universe, he would know something is up.

I don't see anything he's done as idiotic, personally, it's not his fault his subjects tend to be human.

Yes they are, fundamentally. They never violate any known laws of physics, they merely work around them. This is pretty much explicitly stated in Doctor Who. And because of that you have to take that at face value (even if it seems to the viewers that they DO violate the laws of physics).

It turns out that saying exterminate fires their guns, and that's the only reason they do it.
Yep.
Please ignore how this directly contradicts literally everything.

>there's an inquisition order specifically devoted to time-fuckery
Obviously, they team up with doctor who and wipe the floor with the angry trash-bins.

Not to mention that as soon as they enter warhammmer 40k space they'll just become the fuck-puppets of chaos.

>Daleks invent new tech and develop superweapons at an alarming rate.
Just like the tau and we all know how they btfo everyone else, right? :^)
>n-no you DON'T understand they're SO baddass that they have an endless war!!!11!!!
Like the whole fucking premise of the 40k setting?
It's like you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and just jump at any chance to fan wank about how powerful your favourite baddies are.
From that perspective, you lose automatically because the whole concept of 40k is silly grimdark powerlevelwank to the point of purposeful absurdity.

Nah they're just inferior necrons with a flavour of paranoid autism added to their genocidal agenda.

So you really AREN'T familiar with 40k at all and are just jumping at a chance for fanwank?
The "lore" is filled with every type of stupid absurd superweapon a nerd might think up.
The whole idea of the imperium is that they've forgotten more than you can imagine and have absolutely nonsensical superweapons laying around with tech-fetishists worshiping them.

A lot of the people wanking over the daleks don't really seem familiar with 40k at all besides "le stupid 40kids big guns" memes so it's not surprising they didn't know.
They don't even really seem completely familiar with the dr. who setting either for that matter,

Fine, so maybe I'm not very familiar with 40k setting, but I'm still pretty sure all that "endless war" and "absolutely nonsensical superweapons laying around" still doesn't include anything to do with time travel, barring the occasional accident through the warp.

>Obviously, they team up with doctor who and wipe the floor with the angry trash-bins.

I'd watch this episode, though.