Someone puts a gun against your head

>someone puts a gun against your head
>"Tell me an underdeveloped genre/niche in tabletop roleplaying games, that if you just made a game for it, that game would certainly become popular, or I'll blow your brains out."

>you try to explain that regardless of what genre or theme you'd choose, there's no way to guarantee it would be popular as a roleplaying game
>they admit that they're not really in a hurry
>you offer to help develop the game in order to see if it would be popular
>they agree, but refuse to take the gun away from your head
>you spend the next six months working on the game, exploring the unexplored niche, while they follow your every move
>a slow budding romance develops

>in the end, he still kills you
trust_nobody,_not_even_yourself's_self.jpg

>not teleporting behind them

but that's gay, user

I dunno, fucking Wuxia maybe? There's, like, two or three RPGs exploring that kind of thing.

I guarantee you there's not a single tabeltop roleplayibg game based on the works of the famous Irish writer James Joyce.

do we have old Lovecraft town genre?
do we have Alien universe genre?
do we have black jazz masters of the 20s genre?
do we have little league in midwestern American town genre?
do we have deep-sea fishing genre?
do we have renaissance italy court culture genre?

serious questions, also i want to play all of these games so if we do have any please direct me to them

>do we have old Lovecraft town genre?
Newfag detected. Call of Cthulhu is literally this, and it's not new or obscure.

Marry me Cestree.

sorry, yeah. i forgot to mention i'm a newfag. that was my first post here; i've been on this board for a total of maybe thirty-two minutes. thanks user

Good system for robots. Something that uses different splats to go from Engineheart level up to mech sized. Sure, Engineheart and Mekton exist but it's still definitely an underdeveloped genre.

You develop a system that works for good mechfights or just general robot shenanigans in the future and people will flock to it.

Ayo. Just remember to follow the spirit of rules in sticky.
Check 1d4chan.org, it may sometimes be helpful, but many of things in it are outdated

thanks m8!

A new game IP will not become popular in the current state of the hobby.

>no fun allowed on the board

Actual question, is there an RPG equivalent to Animal Crossing?

A d10-based starship skirmish to grand fleet battle game. Skill-based advancement gives about a dozen ship archetypes variance rather than five million varieties of ships. Setting is Space Opera, no ayyyylmaos, just post-galactic-civ planetary empires in resurgence after the collapse of a unified human government. Think anywhere between x-wing and battlefleet gothic, with design and inspiration taking some parts of Halo and Homeworld. Constant updates for balance purposes. Game sizes are Skirmish (low points, 2-4 capitals, basic skills only), Battle (intermediate skills and higher points, think 5-8 capitals), War (10+ capitals, high skills, 4-hour gameplay) and Apocalypse (can't be played except on virtual gameboards, multiple players per side, 50+ capitals per side). Through weekly apocalypse campaigns the story advances at a real-time rate, so after three years since release all parties are in exhaustion, allowing PLOT to happen and armistice timeskip while the overall story is written. Ground Skirmish and dogfighting tabletop games are released, and a SW battlefront 2 not ea version style of vidya gaem is released for massed ground combat.

Some types of games just work better as video games.

I roll for tastiness of cake I am baking for my neighbor.

Ping Pong.
Unironically.

Players each run corporations set in a near future setting across the globe.

I'd play it.

>tfw

90s boy (or girl) bands

There are different classes or templates based around stock archetypes such as the cute one or the sassy one. Every session has the players traveling to a new town on their tour where they do some shows, sign autographs, and fend off obsessive fans without damaging their reputation or sales.

The ultimate objective is to finish your tour (or a series of tours in very long term play) with positive pocket books and positive cultural relevance (people still want to listen to your music). Along the way you may need to record new songs, make deals with shady sex predator executives, and not get your tour bus lost in the mountains.

I can see this subverted like a Hunter: the Reckoning, TV show of Grimm, Supernatural. Party roams the country as a boy band in disguise dealing with the supernatural between shows, while dealing with writing music, making clips to not draw attention.

You could try golden sky story or chuubo's marvelous wish-granting engine

There was a short lived show, Dead Last, about a band that found a cursed amulet that allows them to see ghosts, but the ghosts all want their help.
And every time they try to get rid of the amulet, it reappears on their person.
So the drummer just kept pawning it for cash.
It was a fun show.

I could see a grim but wacky system akin to Lisa doing well enough.

>>someone puts a gun against your head
>>"Tell me an underdeveloped genre/niche in tabletop rolepl...

*BANG*
Shoot him with my own gun.

>"What are ya gonna do, shoot me?"

Underwater adventuring. I don't mean just adapting an existing game to underwater setting, I mean starting the system with the assumption that the game will take place underwater and building the system, lore, and character types from there.

>>someone puts a gun against your head
DO IT! PULL THE FUCKING TRIGGER!

What do you think this is? America?