Veeky Forums, I need ideas. Ideas of fantasy urban encounters!

Veeky Forums, I need ideas. Ideas of fantasy urban encounters!

One I've wanted to try for a while is a traveling fantasy circus with animal-based acts and either an evil wizard or thieves trying to steal the animals or something accidentally let them loose in the city. So you have magical fantasy creatures wreaking level appropriate amount of havoc and the party has to round them up killing as few as possible and limiting collateral damage.

You notice a tense-looking pixie struggling to carry a human wallet out of an alley. A human lies face-down deep in the alley, alive but bleeding out. The human is unresponsive and won't survive without immediate medical attention. You realize that a pixie brothel of ill repute is just a few blocks away.

A bulky-looking man in a trenchcoat with the head of a rat offers to sell you drugs. It turns out he's actually several devil rats stacked on top of one another.

Several pigeons appear huddled in a circle. They appear to be focused around a chalk drawing that resembles a map of the garden district. They coo and bob their heads as if in agreement. As they fly away, you notice that one is carrying a piece of chalk.

As you walk down the street, you occasionally notice some burly dog-men in suits, glancing at you. After seeing the same few several times, it seems clear that they've been following you. They are moving to cover alleys that you might use to escape. You hear growling, followed by the sound of several switchblades opening.

The elf has a gun

Jehowah Witnesses are knocking on your door. They are powerful clerics, and they WILL make sure you hear the good news.

I will post inspirational pictures, OP.

>"Sir, what are you doing out this late?"
>"Good evening officers, I'm just returning home from my meditations beneath the moon."
>"Moon meditations huh? Is that an elf thing?"
>"I beg your pardon officer, but meditating on an aspect of nature is a common practice among my people."
>"A likely story. I'm gonna need some ID pal."
>"Very well, allow me to retrieve it from my bright green leaf wallet. I shall take it out of my back pocket now."
>"Gun! He's got a gun!"
>"No! It's my bright green wallet! Made of enchanted lea-"
>BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG
>"That was a close one Jim. You never know with these knife-ears."

>when a state trooper asks for my mage license

ok those are my favourites I'll stop now

Would smash.

>law enforcement relations with predominantly elven communities at all-time low following police shootings of unarmed elves
>police commissioner denies allegations of widespread racial bias

Ghost raccoons.

Use your pic as an encounter. The rare Slavic Gondola is unusually hostile when its squatting is interrupted.

A door on a street you've walked down practically every day of your life that you know wasnt there yesterday.

Always carry a spare bottle of alcoholic bath oil to placate squatters.

Does this help?

How about a dude in a suit who sells wishes for a price he won't tell, think Gaunter O'Dimm but in a suit and not bald

>You come across a group of dwarves in a back alley. All of the dwarves are clean-shaven, with black dyed hair, wearing matching leather jackets of an unknown hide. They surround you and the party in a circle, moving and whistling while snapping their fingers in time with one another.

>alcoholic bath oil
>not vodka
Do you even Slav user?

urban legend says that in times of great personal desperation a suited man with a suitcase will apear and offers the person in question a deal at the price of one of their loved ones.. the closer the connection the person has the more powerfull the wish.

Marxist Mice sound like bros. Kinda tempted to steal this.

proletairats

Proleterriors

>when you're trying to enslave an animal for your personal amusement but it starts fighting back

Guy stands in the sidewalk with three signs saying "The Pope and the Jesuits are trying to ASSASSINATE me" in three languages.

As you walk by him, a car stops and two priests wearing cardinal's garments attack him with knives.

Gives me some horrible flashbacks to the Dredge in GW2. They're basically communist mole-people that only exist for the devs to make mole puns.
"Look, the Moleteriat at molengrade are using molesan nagents."

The kicker is it turns out it was all a misunderstanding. They mistranslated and thought he was offering himself up as a murder victim to the Pope and the Jesuits.

It happens more often than you think!