How do you deal with players who waifu your NPCs?

How do you deal with players who waifu your NPCs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rXYMBEW3D9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is why all my games, all the npcs are men. My games are a complete sausage fest.

Have those NPCs die horribly and/or turn evil.
Or, if the player is a purityfag, inform them that the NPC has had sex before.

I allow it. Though my NPCs are rarely waifu material in the long run.

>tfw one gay dude, a female, and a bisexual dude in my group
I can't get out that easily. Though I'm a sucker for sappy romances anyway, so it's not something I avoid.

>He doesn't specifically make female NPCs for waifubait
Low-test detected

Spend points to turn her an Ally or Dependent. New stories, opportunities and hooks can come out from this. This will root the character into the world, making the player more invested, since now he has another reason to play his character.

last time i put female npcs in my campaign, an autist ended up burning down the town tree, along with a couple houses, an old lady inside one of those houses that was making apple jam for the group, a kid, the wife of the blacksmith, and the girl he was talking to.

I dont even have to worry about that in my games. best part of it was that he caused all of it, none of it was my idea. I was going to let him waifu her too

it depends on who they waifu
i allow it, but they'll have to put more than just charisma roll if they want more than kissing a dead drunk girl
they can also be waifu themselves, if they roll a crit in social
such is the rule, to waifu or be waifu

Forcibly marry them

I fucking hate this sameface artist. I bet he also uses poser and then traces over it.

>I fucking hate this sameface artist. I bet he also uses photos of singers and then traces over it.
Fixed that for ya

i was thinking this one is actually a bit different from the others.
Might just be the black hairs and red eyes

Most of the times, I give them the love interest they want.

the players?

>players remembering a characters name and appearance and personality without me having to drill it into their fucking heads

Yes please.

This. People often forget the character outright, feels bad man.

You really have such a problem with horny players that you just don't have any female NPCs?

That sounds like a terrible group desu

remind of a time were we had a small sidequest.
We had a small sidequest in town, and when we opened the door, we were greated by shy-anime-girl in pajamas, all blushing and all that.
The thing is i was playing hulk-hogan fisherman with no taste for little girl, and my pal was an alcoholic sociopath dwarf.
i waifu'd the girl's mother

punch them and stuff the remote up ther dickhole

High five? Only reason I'd put a female NPC in anything is specifically as a romantic option for the player characters.

You kill them off with no remorse whatsoever.

"And then the NPC randomly exploded for no reason. Now, on with the story."

>when the DM is a sucker for romantic drama and purposefully has NPCs hook up with players just to make shit go wrong
>I hate it
>tfw I actually love it
>"Then why?! How could you do that to me?!"
>She lights a cigarette with her dying breath
"It's the world we live in."
"Guess you got me beat."
>She begins to slide off the edge of your sword
"I'll disappear from this world."
long ass monologue as she plummets to her death in slow motion
"I wonder when it was I started feeling this way."
"Was it always going to turn out like this?"
"Did it really have to end like this?"
"I was young. The world cruel to youth."
"It could have been great."
"We would have traveled."
"Gone far away."
"We would have saw it all."
>Her vision begins to blur as she falls
"Don't look at me like that."
>She smiles
"Don't look at me the way you looked at no one else."
"If you stare at me like that.."
"I'll...."
>She hits the ground

You let them? I mean, if they want to waifu an NPC, that's another hook for me to use.

Just be clear up front you aren't ERPing.

Ive seen it happen and i couldnt help but cringe.

But i'll actually react like how i think girls will normal act. I.E. their not sex addicts so your sausage wont really get you very far.

Romantic overtures like giving a flower will only make her think your just a little bit mentally immature.

However if your able to turn situations to your success and if you treat her like a worthy opponent she just might start to crush on you. However this will not last a single session, it could take a whole game to pull off. Also there will be only fade to black.

>cringe
Ugh.

Use the magic words: "I have a boyfriend."

It's that simple. Make the girls oblivious or even receptive in the "Oh, you're a nice guy" way. Then, the next time the party is at a tavern, let the player see the object of his affection getting ploughed.

Or, have a guy walk up to the table, put his arm around the girl, and they kiss. Then the girl goes "Oh, have you met my husband / lover / boyfriend? We're having a lot of sex."

It's that bad for my group. I put in one female NPC and saw the group's eyes begin to widen as soon as I said female. Of course they went back to normal when I described how radiation exposure had left her deformed and scarred. That's my solution to this problem.

Damn, man.

I am bad at writing waifus.

please help me senpai.

Jokes on you, that's my kind of waifu in games. in shadowrun my last character waifued a .11 essence street Sam and brought her back from the tipping point on cyberpsycosis. It was a ton cooler than the more obvious waifu bait waitress he threw the party's way and lead to some great character moments between them.

Even got a happy ending with her, something that's not a common feat in the setting.

Are you me?

Yeah, my group are weeb types, so there's no chance they're willing to go for anything but waifu bait. A shame, because I think the worst one is up for DMing next, which is going to certainly be a magical realm adventure.

I give them exactly what they want.

A cute first date.
A passionate romance.
An awkward first fade to black.
Steamy fade to blacks afterwards.
A settled down happy life after the adventure is over.
3 happy children.
8 happy grandchildren.
A peaceful death as they sleep in eachothers arms.

Then I lean over across the table, my long neckbeard dragging across the wood. I make them look into my eyes, sunken by years of alcoholism and surrounded by rolls of fat. I gently cup their cheek, like a greasy lover would and flash them a toothy yellow smile. I then ask them one thing.

Did-ja have fun?

Needless to say it's not a problem at my table.

>Weebs
>Not going for Bacon
I don't think you know how Weebs think.

They're meme weebs. At least one has a gig of Pokemon R34 on his phone. Spend most of their time arguing about traps. They aren't down for bacon.

Pokemon isn't terrible, depending on what we're talking about
Traps are gay though.

It depends on how they go about it. As a means of developing their character and have it add to the story and a way to give the character more depth and maybe something to fight for? I'll allow and even encourage it. Date nights and what have you are done off screen during down time unless otherwise appropriate.

As a way to magical realm the game or fetishes bate? The NPC in question dies a fiery, tragic death and the player characters are blamed/framed for the death.

Either way, I get a plot hook or side arc out of the NPC.

>party is on the run from the law
>a high ranking officer chases them down through out the first session
>when the party gets away, she's scolded harshly and takes a pay cut.
>every now and then, dm cuts to her doing normal things, like work a part-time job or deal with annoying everyday issues
>she lives in abject poverty paying rent to a childhood friend.
>party goes to a grocery store, see each other
>neither one realizes the other

Okay. I kill her lover and rape her like the piece of meat women are. If her lover is stronger than my character, I use whatever dirty underhanded tactics necessary. If he really can't be defeated because he's a special mary sue snowflake you made just so my character couldn't get his dick off, I'll just rape and kill the girl when she's alone and leave him without a bitch :^)

[spoiler:]Our GM encourages it so he can find more ways to hurt us.[/spoiler]

Depends on the situation.
Last campaign had a childhood friend of a PC who he decided to waifu.
I let him because the characters had chemistry and common ground.
In my current campaign a player is trying to waifu the warrior princess of an enemy nation despite the fact they captured her and that the whole campaign is about the PCs trying to kill her dad.
That one isn't going to work out.

>But i'll actually react like how i think girls will normal act. I.E. their not sex addicts so your sausage wont really get you very far.
This is the moment where you realise this is most likely to happen with a female GM.

Protip: Most girls want it just as much as Men, only they are a lot more repressed. That's why it can feel like a "normal girl" never wants it, especially if you are the "fat smelly neckbeard" stereotype.

I remember doing this once.

The BBEG in a d20 modern game had outsmarted the players, and left then clueless (despite having literally all the answers written down, but w/e), and after they thought they had killed his almost sociopathic commander, the standard "cold and calculating evil woman" type, they meet her in a grocery store.

She survived, but got fired because she lost one of the most important base of operations for the BBEG. Helped then with a few hints on how to proceed.

And of course one of the players tried to waifu her, because apparently, having tried to kill them on several occasions is attractive to some guys?

>Ugh.
BBEG

We're through the looking glass people

Nothing gets a nice animalistic fuck going like trying to kill each other.

Depends on what you mean by waifu. If you mean a romance develops somewhat naturally, then I'd be fine with it. If you mean it's some autist who wants to turn it into their own person ERP session, rocks fall and they die. Fetish fuel is banned in all of my games.

>NTR your players
Scum.

Yeah, most NPCs that players remeber are those that they want dead. Preferably with possibility of torture before that.

It's not NTR if she isn't your lover.

To be fair, she wasn't explicitly evil, just doing her job.

And the players weren't much better, so eh.

Never understood why people have this insane aversion to having in-game romances. I feel like it might be people with more ingrained issues, because if you are playing a role-playing game, and can't discern in game events, with "oh God I am talking lovey dovey stuff with a guy!", it would probably be more healthy to stop playing.

Or maybe you just have yet to come out of the closet.

Consider the following. Many people who play TTRPG's tend to be social awkward. Then throw in the fags who just want to slip in their magical realm/ERP. You now have a recipe for people developing an aversion to romantic relationships in TTRPG's.

Hell, that's why my number one rule is "no fetish fuel".

>player has a character that wants to have a harem
>talks to another player's mom for advice
>player's mom says that it's retarded
>PC is now trying to find his one true waifu who will have a shit ton of kids with him

I don't know which situation I'd prefer.

NTR
youtube.com/watch?v=rXYMBEW3D9s

Totally ok while there is no erp involved

I thought this thread would disappoint but teegee manages to live up to expectations.

I was half expecting the PC to go after that other player's mom.

Have her betray them. It's hilarious, and they always fall for it

I too like Glory

Serious question: why the fuck is this thread filled with people who implicitly assume romances in RPGs must be stopped at any cost? Like you have to punish people for flirting with NPCs? Is there something wrong with your fucking heads? Do you have actual psychological problems?

maybe they just know their party to well.

It really depends who you play with.

One group I played with I was happy to throw out romances for the guys and the girls at the table and everything was fun.

The other group all romances were played for kinky drow sex laughs.

But I've also played with people I would not want to deal with romantic subplots at all for reasons.

>I love the kind of woman who can kick my ass

I love it.

I sometimes write romance options in with my character background. Last time I played as a really old priest of the raven queen and I briefly mentioned in his background that during his travels he once had a thing with a priestess of pelor. It lasted for about as long as it took to save a village from a necromancer and they both decided that their callings made a family life impossible and they parted ways.

Campaign died before the dm had a chance to do anything with it though. It would have been cute for my geezer priest to be adventurin' and then suddenly recognise his lost love though.

>She lights a cigarette with her dying breath

She's a dragon or something?

>remove any need to interact with the NPC
>turn the NPC into a hideous murderous abomination
>kill the NPC
>kill the PC
>kill the player

Do these in order.

only 3 children?? I want at least 6, maybe 12
She has hundreds of years of time, we both have so she can give me a dozen children

"Yeah! You're the best DM, see you again next week!"

DELET THIS

If the player falls for them first and then you invent a lover ex post facto, then it's not NTR for the character but it's still NTR for the player.

I don't get it, why is that an issue?

You have impeccable taste.

Competence is sexy. Who wants a random schmuck, get me someone with PC-equivalent class-levels any day.

Lead them on, threaten to cuck them, throw obstacles and drama in their path, make sure that anyone who does cuck them is chaotic evil and can be cheerfully murderized with no complications including their fellow PCs

I mean, if there is nothing that would prevent the female from being romancable, why the hell not? It might develop into an interesting side plot and at least they will care about an NPC for once.

I let them. If they want to make it happen organically they just have to ask, mostly because I'm flattered they think one of my characters is a little cutie.

I refuse to do the role playing for it via voice though, it's text or it doesn't happen

>Glory

Excellent taste, all of you.

bacon traps

>when the GM obviously puts a bit of work into fleshing out an NPC he obviously expects the PCs to interact with
>when instead they waifu a poor lady NPC with a flat standard personality and help her get back on her feet and all attention is taken away from the other NPC

This is frustrating on so many levels

>Oh no! My PC's are invested enough in my story and characters that they develop an attraction/romantic feelings towards a literal figment of my imagination.
Every Gm's worst nightmare manifest.

>they develop an attraction/romantic feelings towards a literal figment of my imagination.
And not towards me

Sigh

I hate it.

>Is there something wrong with your fucking heads? Do you have actual psychological problems?
Is thirst a mental disorder?

I don't care if they waifu so long as they don't bring their weird fetishes into it. Romantic interests are as much a part of heroic fantasy as danger and action.

This went better than expected for our group one time.

fem cleric, male druid, male fighter, and one dm npc fem rouger/ranger that was originally just going to be a pretty quiet person who filled out the party and was good at skill checks the rest of the players weren't good at. Wasn't really planning on characterizing them much.

Over the course of the campaign the cleric asked their opinion a lot and went through personal risk to save them and help them, and I fleshed out the character on the fly to respond to these things and made her have a background and her own interests and stuff.

eventually the cleric was spending a lot of time with them and would share the loot and bought her some plot relevant gifts that could have gone to herself and stuff like that so they became friends and then eventually they had a cute crush on each other, which is where we're at not in the campaign.

The good part though is that the players are keeping it realistic and not being cringey about it, in fact it's pretty reasonable the way it has developed, so I approve.

I like to think I'm a pretty good player. I have flaws, but I try to keep aware of them. Some sessions I'm talkative, some sessions I'm not.

I tend to get past the female part of the NPC before I waifu them, that's not the issue. It's more 'the female NPC that pulls out a grenade launcher and starts shooting at gangsters,' or 'the female NPC that our fighter takes on in an arena match that actually manages to fight him to a standstill.' Those, those are the NPCs that I instantly desire and want to chase - it's an overpowering urge that is hard to keep down, even when the GM has made it clear that he is not interested in romance plots.

I don't know why, but it happens every single time - a female NPC is awesome enough, they get my attention, I want them bad. To the point where spaghetti is dribbling out of my pockets and I can't help but slip my feelings even when I know what I'm doing and am trying to hold back.

Stick hard to fade to black rules and make it clear when the PC is not NPC's type but other than that roll with it while keeping it light. It at least means the PCs are getting invested in certain characters, and afterwards you know which NPC that player will want to take plot hooks from even if you don't shake a big bag of money at them first.

>GM keeps trying to make a waifu for my character
>My character only craves deep dickings from large manly men

They can waifu all they want, but if they blunder talking to them nothing is going to happen. If it does go ok they get to do that off screen so long as it isn't some far out there shit that would completely alter the NPCs role.

Had that happen where a guy thought that once the captain of the guard liked him he could do literally anything. He got a broken jaw in game and was barely allowed in the city after he explained in private what he wanted.

Just to be clear: is it a 'lesbinz r hawt' thing, or is it a 'my character's pretty gay' thing?

You should probably tell your GM about what your interest is for the character's relationships anyway.

>play large manly man who craves only combat and glory
>GM keeps giving me cute daughterus to adopt

Why do players do this

Are you me?