Oi ya gits, any news on 8th edition orks?

Oi ya gits, any news on 8th edition orks?

>8th edition
>anything but Space Marines

Just cuck my shit up

Suspiciously enough there hasn't been a Faction Focus: Orks yet. This either means Orks are getting buffed ridiculously or swept under the rug.

There doesn't seem to be any particular pattern to the faction focus series.

In general, melee is being buffed, so Orks will certainly be better than they are now. We'll have to see if it's enough to make them competitive

Still NPC race with LOLRANDUMM!!1! rules.
However, Gorkanaut with Nobz combo now described as "borderline OP"

Also, with the NOT!Battleshock that w40k will have, it's kind of like EVERY faction now gets to feel the joy of killing their own men when they fail a morale test.

Ws4+, A1. 1 damage. Always goes last in melee

Orks will become Codex Greenskins.
Grots will be able to be played as their own faction, with both Grot Tanks, and Mega Tanks added to the Codex.

Snotlings return as playable, with a unique HQ for them, thats a brain boy.

>I2
>Melee race

Make way for the Avatar of Khorne

>assaulting is better
>ork vehicles can charge into combat
>charging means you strike first
>initiative is no longer a thing
>big choppas will not -1 ap
>Klaws now strike a -1 to hit but that should be fine
>boyz now wound on 5s against T5
>nobs can kill vehicles easier
JOBS A GOOD UN' BOSS

So happy the I2 meme died out, mainly because Initiative doesnt exist anymore, ebin.

this makes me extremely happy

Wow here to tell you how all the Ork or Orrukori as they are called now will be amazing in the new edition. Every unit will be awesome and some of my faves like the walkers will be fearsome! Great time for the green tide, that's all folk time ta krump sum humies

Or it could just be that they're doing faction focuses on all the major factions and it's just not the orks turn yet

>Orks being swept under the rug
You're a paranoid git ain't ya

rip chaos faction focus lol

>In general, melee is being buffed

Eh, kinda.

From what I can tell, by core rules, shooting is still king, but melee units are getting some kind of massive buffs to speed or saves that enable them to close the difference.

>Faction Focus: Orkz
>We couldn't think of any ways to improve Orks, so we're lowering the point values of all Ork units
>Buy more models faggots

Source: I'm a time traveler.

Holy shit did you travel from the past to tell us what has been happening? Woahhhhhhh

*cough* Shadow of Armageddon *cough*

I bet da Orkz will go to beast levels in the fluff.

Markanaut confirmed actually good now.

>No initiative, whoever charges gets to strike first. Power Klaws hit at -1 to hit.
>it seems like Kommandos will be able to charge after ambushing
>Twin-linked gives you double the dice, which should be delicious with twin-linked big shoota/dakkagun.
>Vehicles can charge. Send in a trukk to soak up overwatch, then let the crew clean out the rest.
>Spikes and rams can improve effectiveness of vehicle charges. Deffrola is hyped up to be beastly.
>Mob rule might be gone, because in Stratagems it is mentioned that you will want to use CP to avoid your boys losing a lot of models from battleshock
>Nids, another low-tier race seems to be better in new edition, at least I got that impression from their spotlight. So orks will probably get some love too.

Despite that we still have no faction spotlight, it is looking rather bright at the moment. I have a lot of hope for 8-th orks.

Oh wow, somebody used a shitty edit of a pic I did a while ago. I'm touched.

This is why theyre getting the last reveal, its a big one.

I cant wait for the reveal user

Its going to happen its not even a question of if, all the races are leveling up in 8th.

>The only path the orks have to do so, the path which has been HEAVILY hinted at in fluff.

>The tested the concept and execution with AoS Ironjaws

>There is very good reason to believe the fluff of the last few years was being written with future changes to 40k and 30k in mind. The time frame of the ork fluff also matches up with projected future planning time tables that have been talked about by Veeky Forums a few times before.

>Beast level orks would be able to be sold easily for both systems giving GW no barriers to doing so and plenty of incentive.

Its happening literally every sign points to it.

I sure hope that it'll be different to haha. I'd be glad if they kept randum rather tamed and not go "roll a 1 and your unit gets devided by 0".

More gear and upgrades to orks would be welcome, as little ammount of options is kinda silly for such a varied army. Ork players can convert anything anyway.

The new rules for disembarking and charging will be interesting for orkz. Turn 1 charges are impossible for embarked units but given the speed of some vehicles its entirely possibly that Trukks will be able to charge in turn 1.

Then at the beginning of turn 2, the boyz can disembark and fight. This is not necessarily good because if the Harly vehicle is anything to go by, Trukks are probably going to be T5 with 6 wounds or thereabouts. Not exactly durable.

The new rule for disembarking means that a turn 2 charge for orkz inside a battlewagon may be very hard unless they make wagons fast as fuck which I doubt they will do.

Although the new rules for embarked casualties when a transport dies are a MASSIVE net win for orks.

>Trukks are probably going to be T5 with 6 wounds or thereabouts. Not exactly durable.

I would eat my own mother for T5 6W trukks.

Not really. It's still a shooting platform with BS5+ or its running to combat meaning it can't shoot. The mork is a mess that doesn't really know what its role is. Here's hoping the KFF is awesome and the points drop by a fuck load.
Big guns are nasty in this edition.

if nobs in a naut aren't the power combo for orks I will be sorely disappointed

It was mentioned that they were going to be good. I'm hoping that we'll get a spotlight of basic boys when our time will come.

The entire beat arises series was just this, especially seeing as it ended with GHAZGHKULL IS THE BEAST REINCARNATE

I just want some ghazzy fluff that isn't just "and then he had hatesex with a commissar." I like the Ghazghkull and Yarrick story, but I thought Ghazzy was supposed to be halfway between Joan of arc and Mohammad for the orks, leading them on a religious crusade to conquer the entire galaxy, not a random pirate who just fucks with a single commissar.

>beast levels

Here's my bit of confusion from the Beast series. The orks in the series are constantly described as being better armed, organized and just physically more huge than anything the Imperium had encountered before.

But were they describing the orks as we see them now in 40k? Having only encountered weakling small orks before? Or were the orks under the Beast especially massive, like Nob level all the way?

I haven't read the series myself, but from what I've heard the beast was titan-sized, and they had ork diplomats to the imperium (as size ∝ intelligence with orks). But it was confirmed that on Armageddon the orks have been fighting so long that the boyz would be considered Nobz anywhere else and the Nobz would be warbosses, so I don't know if the beast can top that.

I think the series just suffered from the same power-creep nonsense the entire setting suffers from. In the lair of one of the beast they had to fight 10,000 mega armoured nobs.

I sure hope they brought 16 quadrillion guardsmen, or how many there were in that screeshot of a bugged out planet description.

Oi! We postin megabosses 'ere?

I wonder if megabosses will have more wounds now that terminators have 2 by default

You mean this one?

>diplomats
If you call dis diplomacy...

WAAAAAGH!

He's literally parleying for surrender.
Yeah I'd call that diplomacy.

>>Nids, another low-tier race seems to be better in new edition, at least I got that impression from their spotlight.
The only notably good thing they got was their giant unique character now has a really powerful ability. This tells us very little except that special characters will still be a big deal.

The only ork unit we have seen stats for is the Morkanaut:

>with 18 Wounds at Toughness 8, this guy is a tough cookie to crack – able to wade through bolter fire untroubled and requiring a lot of heavy weapons shots to take down.

Which is complete bullshit. The morkanaut is now killable with fewer lascannon or battlecannon shots than before and was previously totally immune to bolter fire while now they can slightly damage it.

In Age of Sigmar, orks don't get anything to mitigate battleshock losses. They instead get a bonus to attack when in large units. The tyranids preview shows that they may be using the same mechanic to 'balance' the drawbacks of large units in 40k. That really isn't going to help in a game like 40k, where getting into combat is the real challenge. Orks are likely to have to pay for the 'advantage' of having a melee bonus in large numbers which they will never use because (a) they are too slow to get into melee (b) they will not field large units if they want to avoid massive morale losses and (c) will be whittled down to sizes where they don't get the bonus by any sensible opponent.

Don't get you hopes up.

T. Xeno player

>Oh wow, somebody used a shitty edit of a pic I did a while ago. I'm touched.

If you're trying to say you drew the original, you're a liar. I know because I drew it.

I know user, I was just saying it a last time... How I am I supposed to trigger orkcucks now?

>he morkanaut is now killable with fewer lascannon or battlecannon shots than before
I mean, yeah, but batllecanons were never anti-tank weapons so that's moot. It on average still takes a fucktonne of shots to take it down, and specifically it's a lot tougher against AP1-2, as before they could just one-shot it. Vehicles all around are a lot more reliable, even if they theoretically could lose wounds to lasguns.

No, I meant that I edited original pic using this as inspiration. I can't draw at all.

>not putting incredibly subtle sigs on your meme pics so you can claim ownership of them

>leading them on a religious crusade to conquer the entire galaxy, not a random pirate who just fucks with a single commissar.
>that single commissar is the most stubborn humie the Prophet o' the Waaagh! ever faced, and Ghazghkull pretty much has more respect for him any other member of the Imperium because of that
Ghazghkull considers his world-sized game of Regicide [40k chess] treats Yarrick as a bit of a fun hobby to be honest.

>But were they describing the orks as we see them now in 40k?
The orks as we see them in 40k now are a massive downgrade from how INSANE the Beast's Orks were during the WAAAGH! of the Beast.
Your basic boy back then was big as a modern Nob, if not slightly bigger. Nobz? Each one was like a roided-out Warboss. And the main (Goff) Beast? The fucker was so XBAWKSHUEG he had goddamn STOMPAS (mini-titans) for bodyguards that were SMALLER than him.

The only real thing that the Orks kept after the Beast fell was the concept of Klans, which is where the Goffs, Bad Moonz, Evil Sunz, Blood Axes, Deff Skulls and SnakeBites come from.

But yeah, the Octarius War and War on Armageddon are quickly pushing the greenskins back toward Beast levels of Orkiness. Most of the Space Marine Chapter Masters would lose their minds if they encountered Ghazghkull and Ghazzy was as big as the main Beast.

Except the Guard :'(

>now killable with less lascannon/battle cannon/ whatever than before
Ok, this is a lie. If it can't be fucking one shot, then it's an improvement. I have one shot a morkanaut, with a single melta, on fucking overwatch. Since this is no longer possible... its better.
Significantly better? Probably not. But don't go saying shit like it's fucking worse.

>How I am I supposed to trigger orkcucks now?
I know right? I'm an Orkfag and while I'm super happy I2's good and dead, I'm depressed by the realization everyone's going to need to find new things to mock each army over.

Except for the Dork Angels. The 'DAs are traitors' meme will NEVER get old.

*gay traitors

>he didn't see the new swarmlord and genestealer rules

That's like saying the orkanaut is automatically useless because it used to be immune to S 4 and now it isn't, therefore it's infinitely weaker. It was possible to one-shot it, but it wasn't something to be relied on. It's possible to kill it with a single round of shooting from an imperial guard squad with nothing but lasguns now, but that's not the optimal choice.

'Ey boyz! Itz dem bugs again! GET DA TRUKK!

>Orks proceeds to drive over Tyranids with a Deff Rolla equipped trukk and drunkenly singing "I've Got a Brand New Combine Harvester" at the top of their lungs

but will you give me the key?

What I'm most amazed about is that they acknowledged the actual meta game in that article. They said the Flyrant was carrying the most weight and that the pyrovore was useless, and they sought to fix that. A real good sign from GW.

>What I'm most amazed about is that they acknowledged the actual meta game in that article
Yeah, that was a pleasant change from "oh, this army's always been bad-ass, so let's tell you how we're making it MORE badass!" silliness we dealt with in the earlier Faction Focus articles.

I'll be honest: I am a simple git. I just want them to ditch the 'Looted Wagon' blandness and give Orks back the ability to really LOOT other faction vehicles again. Heck, I'd be fine if they limited it to Imperium again like they did in 4e. I just want to be able to use my Looted Basilisk as an actual Looted Basilisk and not a "Looted Wagon" on the tabletop again.

>but from what I've heard the beast was titan-sized,

He was 10 meters tall. Not titan sized. That's like a head taller than the primarchs.

>He was 10 meters tall. Not titan sized. That's like a head taller than the primarchs.
>primarch
>anywhere near 10 meters tall
user plz

>He was 10 meters tall. Not titan sized.
Quoting directly from 'The Beast Must Die':
>"The statue was AT LEAST ten metres tall... the immensive machine took a step out of the alcove, TWICE as tall as even Vulkan..."

Unless I'm mistaken, Vulkan was the largest of the primarchs, and the Beast was at least double his size at that point in the series.

What's important to remember is Orks just keep growing bigger as time passes, and that growth is accelerated by fighting. That's why when one of the other 'Prime-Orks' is killed in The Last Son of Dorn (the Deff Skull-affiliated one based on his color scheme), it was "the size of the small Gargant". Meaning when the 'Main Beast' (the Goff one) entered the room, it really was as big as a small titan, if not slightly larger because of all the muscle/size growth gained by fighting Vulkan (and winning).

Make ready!!

>I'll be honest: I am a simple git. I just want them to ditch the 'Looted Wagon' blandness and give Orks back the ability to really LOOT other faction vehicles again

The issue there is that it runs into a LOT of balance issues and often leads to 'Well, this vehicle loses the least from being looted so most people are going to use it in tournaments'.

I'd lean towards a better looted wagon set of rules that let you pick up some non-ork toys that were looted (So that looted wagon has a battle cannon rather than a generic ork gun)

just give us a shitload of options so we can loot whatever the fuck

I can think of all we really need

some cannon variant that's troop shooty
some cannon variant that's single shot of pure fuck you
some cannon variant thats inbetween

>The issue there is that it runs into a LOT of balance issues and often leads to 'Well, this vehicle loses the least from being looted so most people are going to use it in tournaments'.
From what I remember about the Looted Vehicle rules back in 4e, the selection of vehicles we could Loot from the Imperium was rather limited (we couldn't take Baneblades for example). Best option we had was probably the Land Raider, to be honest with you.

Seriously, the old Looted Vehicle rules (combined with Orks BS2 when it comes to anything dakka) had already solved most balance issues. Also, is really that big a deal of Ork players seem to prefer one particular Looted Vehicle over another one?

Ya boss.

With Angron and Co landing on armageddon and a big part of the current fluff is basically "We can no longer hold the entire line." at best.

Im gunna bet your going to see some level of Ghaz and Yarrick working together to smash Chaos invasion of Aramageddon.

That or Ghazzy sweeps the place and takes it for himself and kicks Yarrick off telling him Ees gotta go fight with the umies theyll end things later.

Fair points anonbut Orks unlike Orruks have dakka, and lots of transports.

They will have at least padding against those issues Ironjaws dont have.

>not opening the picture with a text editor and signing it with your nickname
it's like you don't even want to be subtle.

>Big guns are nasty in this edition.

and they can shoot at my T5 6W 35pt battering rams all they want to.

Was it statted?

Can't wait to wound a tyrant on a 5+ with my bolters.

they're an "NPC faction" now

Looted vehiles were almost universally useless in 4e. They were hugely overcosted versions of other armies vehicles. Like, that's bad. Sure, they didn't cause a balance issue, and that's because you were shooting yourself in the foot taking any.

>Orks will be a big reveal
>The next major event will be the War of Armageddon, on par with Gathering Storm for size and significance.
>Uses event to completely update the Ork model line and announce that Armageddon Steel Legion will be replacing Cadians as the generic Imperial Guard troop.

All my fucking yes

I could live with that, it would be a good way to upgrade the guard too which is something theyre lacking going into 8th.

>update ork models

I will be so fucking happy. Not that I don't love my Orks, but I fucking hate how they all stick their ass out like "Oi, can I borrow your 'Boss Pole' fer a second?"

>completely update the Ork model line
I mean, at this point all they really need are a few bits and pieces.

koptas getting a proper release, buggies getting redone, kommandos getting a kit... oh, and a megaboss

iz dis a megaboss fur antz?

hyped!

>Looted vehiles were almost universally useless in 4e. They were hugely overcosted versions of other armies vehicles. Like, that's bad. Sure, they didn't cause a balance issue, and that's because you were shooting yourself in the foot taking any.
It was a risk-reward scenario:
Take the overcosted version of the vehicle, sacrifice a heavy support slot, and suffer under BS2 shenanigans, but still have access to the some damn good dakka that packed one helluva punch when it hits.

As someone who faced Tau on a regular basis back then, I had to loot a basilisk in order to provide my boyz with some kind of fire support so they weren't sniped off from across the table all the time. Sure, it's hit ratio was below 50%, but that Earthshaker Cannon destroyed many a Hammerhead and Broadside back when I was able to field it. It also ended up destroying my HQ's own Trukk a couple times on accident, but it was still pretty damn useful.

The Orks had better diplomacy than than the elder, I busted a gut.

dats no dimplomercy, dis is 'ow it'z done

>Orks demanding surrender instead of a fight
FuckThisShit.jif

The fact that the mork with a field and grotnriggers is as much as a cheap knight is the problem.
That and it not being an assault transport, and no fire points, and bs 5 and not super heavy, aaaand exploding.
But we know 8th is fixing at least the last 2 is promising though
Either way the wagon truck list is going to be fun as hell

Didn't Thrakka get sent back to the past by Gork (or maybe Mork) to raise a Waaagh! in the past? Maybe they'll find their way to the future, super-charged by the warp or time travel or some shit?

>TFW a space Marine captain on a bike 1 shot my morkanaut with a me!ta bomb.

I see this image and I cannot help but think about how much things have changed in the past...how long has it been? A decade, or thereabout? I don't remember. It's been a while.
Things have changed so much since those times. Some haven't. Hatreds definitely did. There's less fun taken in things, it seems. More pointless anger, more shitposters. We always had them, of course, it's Veeky Forums, but there's just...more now.
I miss the old days.

Think you could draw a Weirdboy?

Been on again off again with Veeky Forums since 06,I can relate.

>1000 shootas each time they visit
That's a remarkably fair offer, all things considered.

What about The Beast? Is there a possibility him and his supercharged nobs come into play this edition?

Actually they were pretty good. Partially because power creep meant that they were better than the in-codex options, partially because bs2 didn't matter with blast weapons (all we ever took) and partially because the ork vehicle upgrades were strong. Looted Basilisk/Russ were the generally accepted good picks.

The basilisk wasn't a good unit, though. The range was pointlessly long and it was very easy to find and kill given its size and immobility. The stock russ wasn't as bad, but you were still paying a premium on that bolter and the stock russ was kind of a lacking HS choice overall. The thing needed its lascanons or meltas to avoid being permanently silenced with one weapon destroyed result.

I agree that looted vehicles became better than in-codex options, but that doesn't really make them a good choice, it just makes the army itself a bad one overall.

Have they posted about or talked about the Morkanaut/Gorkanauts stats at all?

And the pool is still closed.

They filled niches Orks were bad at. You'd just put HB sponsons to soak weapon destroyed results.

Orks could still win tournaments. At least one tournament (I think it was 'Ard Boyz) was won by an ork Klanz list built with a few Looted Vehicles. Though that's probably down to 4e being better balanced than later editions.