Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Let the shitposting commence, edition.

8th Edition Release Date Edition
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/warhammer-40000-launch-date-announced-may22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/22/new-warhammer-40000-cities-of-death-may22gw-homepage-post-4gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=7AlM9YMKgJU

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

30k has the future.
Suck it 40kids.

>t. spent 6 gorillion shekels on his forgeworld resin collection

>RULES WILL BE FREE!
>except these advanced rules which you'll only get in the big book
>and this army specific codex for your dudes
>and this forge world book in case you have an interesting army

This is coming soon.

That is what people meant.

>Being this poor.

>This is coming soon.

Plastic palanquin?

As I said in the old thread.
It's not a new beast of nurgle.
It's a creature that has an IC as a rider.
Goes by Grand Cultivator of Nurgle.

What's the deal with the weapons on these guys? One of them looks like he's got a gun and another one has a pipe with a flamer nozzle on it or something. Are they just meant to be using them as generic clubs?

>No sisters are battle
Sisters getting squatted confirmed!

>P-Plastics are going to be released a-any day now
SISTERS PLAYERS, All three of them, BTFO

god, I really want those new Death Guard units. Pity I have to but the box for them, since they are all I want in it.

Oh shit, is that this?

Looks like generic close combat weapons with a few makeshift autoguns thrown in.

what sort of IC, my guy?

Gonna say clubs with potential for Mr. Rifle to be a special weapon.

>Questor tratoris
traitor guard or traitor mechanicus? I don't know which I want more

WHOA SHIT

Not sure whether I like or hate the new Nurgle stuff. It's so busy and cartoony. I'm collecting Nurgle daemons currently, I don't know whether to expand into death guard or to just go full daemons and buy some khorne.

>yes imperial just give me those shekels for these obviously high quality resin products
>also you have to soak them in water and then scrub them like dirty bathroom tiles or your paint won't stick

Traitor knights.

There are two guys withe homemade looking guns here.

Looks gud.

fug

probably just tossed into agents of the imperium or more bizarrely folded into talons of the emperor due to some strange shifting of fluff

That's mortarion.

Are those curved flying stands new?

Traitor knights. There are no new things in the index books.

New as of the kharadron overlords release.

Curved flying stands were shown for Kharadron in AoS too.

>Are those curved flying stands new?
no. AoS squats already had them

they are considered Imperial Agents since... well, since they released the Imperial Agents book (christmas 2015? I don't remember actually)

Fukken radical grav skates.

Maybe 4 of them, including me.
Yeah, this sucks.

Welp, time to keep playing my tyranids. At least, I'll have all the rules for them, malanthrope included, in the free web relea...

Well shit.

>still no faction focus adm/skitarii

>it just means they share a book for the moment. In the future, they’ll get their own dedicated codexes.
So Codex power creep is back now?

Orks today, come on Orks.

Imperial Agents

We'll get one, someday. I just want to know how my Vanguards will work in 8th.

Nice to see their target audience is below 10 years old now.

Fuck the haters bro, share the leaks and rumors. We love you!!!!

Nah, constant playtesting and yearly points balancing.

Are huge gorgets the new huge pauldrons?

They seem like even more of a liability on jump troops. These guys literally can't look where they are landing.

I don't think Sisters are getting squatted - you don't see Skitarii there either - but I do think it's a little odd that the Deathwatch and Grey Knights both got a mention and they didn't (on the other hand, you've got to fill up the names on the Marines book somehow)

No. Points will be adjusted regularly independent of codexes via pdfs and/or a General's Handbook style points compendium. Datasheets dont have matched play points on them.

I'v heard they break easily and are garbage.

What the fuck is this....

I dont like where they are going......

> huge gorgets for assault troops

>Shields on guns

>grav skates

Pls stop

No because there are no points costs in the army codices. They'll release a 40k equivalent of the generals handbook every now and then which can update points costs.

In theory it means the game has a much higher chance of being balanced, because it can actually be balanced without new codices being pumped out.

Since these guys are snapfit they might be a bit too much work to convert but when the standard ones release they might look pretty cool if you got rid of the gun shields, removed the stupid footpads, and gave them one of the old jetpacks. I quite like the multilayered heavy armor.

So, odds of those fw books including anything besides just kit info? Like, chapter tactics and lost and damned stuff

Same, really. I think I'll just keep the Primaris Marines and load the chaos off to anyone who will take it.

why did that eldar grab the figurine in such alien way

The guardsman is super cute!

I'm worry about their Redemptor Dreadnaught.

>have to fill up the names on the marines book
>chaos gets three names

It's going
"Oh fuck this is garbage now better go primaris"

FINALLY

I CAN BE FREE FROM SPACE MARINES AND 40K....

Will probably just be a massive marine with even more layers on his armor, 7 or so would do

they look like they were made ~from~ guns

Sisters are under Impeial Agents and Skitarii under AdMech(as they should be). They wanted to keep DW and GK with the other marines, but there no IA style umbrella label for the minor marine factions. This is why you get the weirdness of Legion of the Damned getting their own callout.

>Have an entire day to talk about transports
>Still don't know if I can start in transports from another keyword

>new plague marine models

What is this new obsession with big, fat power armoured models hovering around on balloons tied to their backs?

>Shield-cannon... FIRE!
>Cannon-shield... THE OTHER THING!

what are you trying to convey?

are his boot impact things exactly the same as the new marines ones? just what the fuck

Price list.

Eldar have the sublime manual dexterity required to lift models that way without damaging the paintjob.

>Imperium I is basically the Space Marines book
>Imperium II is basically the Rest of the Imperium book
>Xenos I is basically Xenos Empires
>Xenos II is basically Xenos Hordes + Tau

The fucking CHOOSE YOUR ALLEIGANCE shitposter was right all along.

I think its supposed to be his dick

How much is that in USD ? The Starter set.

I'm still assuming (read: hoping) that those Index books are more or less like the AoS Grand Alliance books, which are pretty much just the free warscrolls in a book that is cheaper than it would be to actually print out all the scrolls.

Didn't gw say you could use the standard heads and pauldrons on these new dudes? These pauldrons don't look as deep as the standard ones

I think that's the same artist as the one from Eagle Ordinary

~$125

About $130 as a straight conversion, so the set will likely be more like $150 USD.

Awesome, thx guys

>not buying from all4wargames

These guys are snapfit.

Heh~ so the rumour more or less true. I'll get one.

Is my reading comprehension autisming out today? I can't figure out if the guy means those are the discounted prices or he's expecting people to be able to buy them at discounted prices.

> TFW your gonna be running mechanized infantry and won't need these fuckers

Is scatter no longer a thing?

Because some of those command dice look scattery

by the Emperor
this thing has a chainsword and a wrist-mounted stormbolter
It's a fucking Squat, but with a retarded ballon instead of a jetpack

The cowled troll face like smile terminator isn't in the starter, more DG to come guaranteed?

Yeah I know, but surely the ones releasing later will have the same proportions, it just looks like on pauldrons won't fit without looking akward

Scatter is no longer a thing. Those dice are just glorified status markers.

Yeah I'd wager we're getting plastic kits for plague marines, terminators and poxwalkers.

What terminator?

scatter has been confirmed to not be a thing for a while. The dice with the arrows on them also have boot prints on them so they might have something to do with movement.

Yes. And Mortarion.

I think those are for knowing which units have used what stratagems.

I don't really know what he means either, but I caught this post earlier, so I think those prices are the RRP and this is what 3rd party retailers will sell for.

They never released the cultists from DV in a multi-part plastic kit, I think at least the poxwalkers will be the same way.

Happy to be proven wrong though, I want that lab coat guy.

That's acceptable. £70 is about what I'd pay for a Calth set from my LGS atm.

chapter tactics and traitor legion rules are confirmed as in.
presumably tau sept and hivefleet rules are also in. in the previews we've seen and keywords used and we know keyword is the new chapter tactics.

Anyone unironically not liking it?

I'm not raging or anything but I think this is the point in time where I leave GW and 40k forever and move on.

This looks pretty bad and far away from the grimdark of 3rd I liked so much

The guy added the normal % difference between RRP and consumer pricing to the RRP of the new boxes and is calling that the final price.

He saw the RRP from the other stores GW chart.

no, he said Tau would be in Xenos Empire
he was pretty close though

> Shooty HQ's
FUCKING FINALLY