Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1515: Mega Ultra Chicken Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/3031NWMa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/jc/, what is your opinion on Necromancy?

Its a nice way for primitive labor, I mean its no different from using robots to move lumber

If done in a certain way it can be used to mend broken hearts

It is the best thing ever since you can make infinite minions to do everything for you including cooking, cleaning, war, butlering and as furniture.

It's a beautiful and noble art that often leads to love

Thank you user! Check it other user!

Necromancy is amazing.

Shitty way to bring people back to life, shitty workforce, depending on setting makes local gods and churches pissed, all around not the best method to do something

I use it all the time to summon armies of spooky scary skeletons. I don't really do stuff like that pic, though. Dragging spirits from the Afterlife to serve you is kind of dickish.

It's sad and I don't want to go to Nechronica.

That would depend upon the uses, reasons, and methods.

It's only good if you're slaving their souls or resurrecting the bodies of powerful entities. Any other thing is lame.

Let's do it

Zombies are gross and vampires are pricks and they can all die in a fire.

Skellies and ghosts are okay, though. They're cool.

Tell us about your footwear jumper

I mainly use it to summon mindless undead and communicate with spirits if I absolutely have to. Dealing with thinking undead is a chore. It's a pretty neat way of building a workforce if there's no Cleric types around to bitch about how I'm defiling the dead.

Been thinking of specializing in necroentomology and necrobotany though.

>obligatory 'that's not justice'

barefoot for pleasure.
boots for business.

The items so far (the write up isn't complete)

pastebin.com/3031NWMa

>pastebin.com/3031NWMa

MaxCoffee is the item of the Jump. Just offering a little to 8man you already got him as friend.
Maybe an uniform? You kind of need it when going to school

When on business they're just like the ones in the Kingsman. Look good, feel good, and have a few hidden goodies. Otherwise I just where custom tailored running shoes

Another item could be Saizeriya, that was a family restaurant from the series (it actually exists irl)
If you want another low key item then a bookshelf full of novels or mundane books could work since both 8man and Yukino had them.

If you two are going to continue to back and forth like this could you please take it to a discord or something?

How many people are normally in a Shadowrun team?
Recommendations for skillset spread would be nice as well. I'm going for a tech-oriented build.

What do your Companions do when you're not around?

Imagine laying underneath Jon in that scene

Useful when you're in a bind and don't have any other options, but it falls by the wayside when you have the resources to invest in superior workforces.

That's a strange way to spend your time.

What is the best kind of skeleton? Flame skeleton? Frost skeleton? Slime skeleton? Skeleton skeleton?

skeletons are fun
zombies are target practice

Part man... part skeleton.

Skeleton man is the best skeleton.

For Marvel Magic, a god of conquest could steal power and such, shouldn't they? It seems great, but someone whose whole shtick is beating others into the ground and taking their stuff should be able to, right? And not just power, but anything that's connected to them, I'd say. Magically bound servants, personal dimensions, et al.

>mfw still no companions

Even though I think those shows are kind of cringey and that particular version of flamey vengeance man has a dumb looking skull, that looks pretty cool.

toppling smaller governments then having them fight each other via proxy war seems to be all the craze

Source ?

Is there a boku no hero academia jump?
I alredy searched but couldnt find it

How is it a shitty workforce? Undead don't tire. You can have zombies pick cotton all day & all night. You can have them till the land. You just need like one necromancer for every so many zombies, to keep them on task.

Even if you don't put them to farming use. They can be used in the mines or building roads. It doesn't take a genius to lay down stone roads like the Romans.

No. Domain isn't "free reign to create whatever OC power you want", it's "gain a few abilities broadly related to a concept". The only god or god-like entity in Marvel that can steal powers like that is Atum, the sun of an Elder Goddess and a Primordial; Amatsu-Mikaboshi, basically a universal embodiment of evil; and the Necrosword, which can only steal "power" in general, rather than anything specific. All of these are anomalies, and the abilities do not stem from their domains. All of these are considered threats to basically every god in existence. There are actually gods of conquest in Marvel and none of them display such abilities. They'd probably be extremely notable, and almost certainly likely to kill at least someome and notice their newfound strength if they could do so. Hell, find a god of conquest in actual mythology who can steal powers. I'm not sure if you can.

It goes under My Hero Academia, and it's in the Image-less A-M Folder, at the bottom.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
That webm is Ghost Rider fighting a sorceress robot.

Gracias!

The same thing they did before I came along, for the most part.
Evelyn reads and manages the library. I suspect she's also writing an account of our adventures.
Natalya practices shooting, works out, and and goes on walks around the various properties.
Mera tries to teach Nat how to sword, then gets over-confident, challenges her to a gunfight, and usually loses.
Rachel reads, meditates, and practices various forms of magic.
Izumi builds things. We're usually not sure what's she's working on, but it's usually interesting when it escapes.
Just kidding, my Jumper has no companions. ;_;

Why make thousands of rotten dead bodies do
in a day what a single robot could do in an hour? Why not just use golems for the same mundane tasks if you want to stay low tech?

What is your most complicated invention used only for simple tasks?

I haven't been keeping up. So GR is back? That's cool. Him leaving mid way was kinda silly. I hope AoS goes a more mystical route rather than LUL HYDRA, LUL MUT- WE MEAN INHUMANS.

Everything it can do can be done better and more efficiently through other means. Robotics, augmentations, magical immortality, divine resurrection, soul magic, you name it.

But it's a useful stepping stone. You learn a lot by practicing it.

The last episode I watched was the team escaping the Framework.
I'm just identifying the characters in the webm.

This shit was hard to make.

A giant mess of enchantments woven together into a series of journals linked to a warehouse of paper in an outer dimension, secrecy contracts, and perceptual modifiers - all to make a quill-and-paper BBS board for a conspiracy in Harry Potter.

How badly did Red nerf the Rider option?

Alternate timeline jumping for changing TV.

Just enough to make you cry, sugarplum.

>What is the best kind of skeleton?
Skeleton Robot.
Thin profile of parts bundles easily for compact storage, but skeleton motif keeps it looking cool.

Robots break down & require people who know robotics to repair them. They're also highly dependent on manufacturing of the parts.

Golems are very expensive upfront to make. They require no maintenance but they're only crafted by artisans unless we're going the Eberron route. Look how well that worked out.

You can get undead rather easily because someone's gonna die eventually. Have some flesh eating insects to clean the bones, some sunlight to kill any bacteria. Only thing that's required is a necromancer to reanimate & control.

So… actually writing jumps is on a slow burn right now, so I’ll just start jumping like I was planning to. Actually posting it in thread now too.

In any case, we start fairly normal. The basic deal with a suddenly appearing benefactor known as Jump-Chan... On the condition that I do the jumps I wrote first. In the order I wrote them.

Gritting my teeth, knowing what is to come, I accept. At least I get the BodyMod and Warehouse beforehand with this arrangement.

Body Mod:

Build: Medium
Body type: Charmer [100]
>Stats:
Appeal 3 [50] Nice. No worries about skin or hair, ever.
Shape 2 [Free] Sounds good to me?
Sense 4 [200] Sheesh. That's pretty ridiculous.
>Perks:
Endowed x3 [Free] ...Could I just swap this for Evercleansed or Color or something?
Evercleansed [100] This. This is just amazing.
Genderswap [150] I… just think it’d be interesting.

So… I’m going to look pretty damn good. And I’m going to be clean. This is good.

I also have wildly superhuman senses. That’s the pretty cool part.

Warehouse:

>utilities:
ForceWall [20] I’m sure this’ll save my bacon at some point. Also just nice to have some peace.
GravityLink [10] This seems fun, if perhaps not the most useful? But I had 10 points left, so...
>structures:
Shelving [Free] Sure?
>miscellaneous:
Portal [30] Nice. Perhaps not the most efficient for moving big things in, but eh.
Stasis Pod x3 [60] Pods! To bring people!
Free Space [30] And now I’ve got loads of space in here.

Seems like a decent-ish base. Pretty bare, but I’ll fill it up eventually.

About as hard as I nerf'd your mother and sister last night. It was all consensual, so don't worry your pretty twink head over it. They will be walking funny for a few days, so best leave them be.

All right, I've made a jump for the A Super Mario Thing series, and I'm opening it up for feedback!

Jump 1: Viscera Cleanup Detail

Aerospace Sanitation Inc. Janitor [Free] I feel like going Drop-In here is a good idea.
>perk:
Cleanup Detail 101 [Free] Seems important, considering I drop in.
Dr. Janitor, If You Would [300] Seems pretty good. SCIENCE! I mean, we’re in space. This is bound to be interesting, right?
What Kinda Party Was This? [100] I’m gonna NEED this, if I have to be a janitor.
Nerves of Steel [100] This can’t hurt either.
>items:
A-Series Space-Mop [Free]
MuckGyver Sniffer [Free] Sure.
R2 High Energy Plasma Laser Welder [50] I mean. A laser at jump 1. Of course I'm going to take it.
Mr. Two Million Dollars [50] At least I'll be comfortably wealthy for a while?
Keep It Secret, Keep It Safe [100] Huh. Interesting.
Big Banger Radio [50] Music's good. A little monotone to start out with though.
Slosh-O-Matic Bucket Dispenser/What-A-Load Disposal Bins Bin Dispenser [200] Useful.
X-Butanateor Incinerator [300] As is this.
>drawbacks:
…huh. None.

This... was never intended as a first jump. Which is reflected in the lackluster drawbacks.

Anyway. There’s… not much to say of my time in this place? I cleaned up whenever I got called in to another disaster zone, and got occasional reassignments to other stations. But when you’ve seen a dozen places with severed body parts and blood everywhere, the next few dozen tend to blend together.

...I do have to say that I regret putting 4 in senses. That was… not well-thought out.

In any case, I incinerated stuff, threw stuff out the airlock, had entirely too much fun with my laser, and tinkered a little with the technology here… That’s about it.

It was pretty cool, but kinda… monotone. It doesn’t really seem like the start of an epic adventure?

But I bought a crowbar with my stacks of money, and furnished my Warehouse a little. It’s still kinda bare, but the part set aside for living space is now pretty nice and cozy.

Pretty sure at least one of the Mario jumps is by Wakfu. You're doing a good thing by replacing it.

>A Super Mario Thing
...come again?

It's a neat hentai series. You might enjoy it.

Actually, it's not an official Mario game. It's basically a fan collaboration. That's why the heroines are armless, cycloptic beings who gain power by eating vegetables, enemies like Koopas have been replaced by shell-wearing alien worms among other bizarre things, and the overall setting is highly meta.

This is a stealth troll. They're quoting someone on SB who is trying to justify their power wanking.

A guy called raocow ended up with such a massive following they formed a community and started making a series of fangames for him.

Exactly.

No, it's not hentai.

>require people who know robotics to repair them. They're also highly dependent on manufacturing of the parts
Which is all easy to do with more robots. Do who know who makes robots knowadays? More robots. And golems don't need all that much work, just a lump of clay and some magic and boom, a tireless worker that won't break down unless attacked

Huh. That's a thing.

NuBee, if you are there, would it be possible to modify the Quirk Enhancing drug? As it stands it seems kind of overpriced for 600 CP, considering that what you're offering is something that thugs can get in the streets. Could removing some of its downsides be possible?

Also, how long does it last? There were various kinds of drugs of the same time in the setting, some lasting for hours (the best ones) while others just last mere minutes.

this man gets it, even an immaculately made pair of dress shoes aren't going to feel comfortable on a mountain trail, for example

Jump 2: Sburb.

Troll Lowblood [Free] And here’s my first alien form. Nice.
Blood Color: Jade [Rainbow Drinker]
>Mythological Role:
Heir of Space
>perks:
Dream Jumper [100] This is pretty nice, indeed.
YOU ARE SUCH AN IGNORAMUS I COULD SHIT MILES OF RAGE SNAKE TO CHOKE YOU TO DEATH. [Free] ...Neat.
Vision Jumpfold [100] Vision Nofold. Weird senses are cool.
Psychic Power [300] Telekinesis. Damn nice.
Rainbow Drinker [400] Not-Vampire powers. Mostly manifesting in getting buff, regenerating, and having a craving for sweet, sweet blood.
Soundtrack/Themesong [50] Nice.
God Tier [400] Sorta expensive, but worth it.
>items:
Sylladex, Fetch Modus, and Strife Specibus [Free] Gonna upgrade this to Queuestack Array modus, then get fed up and return it to a simple Array modus.
Alchemy Machines [Free]
Symbol Shirt [Free] ...Anything but a mop. Anything but a mop. Anything but a mop.
Fiduspawn [Free] Gotta hatch ‘em all?
Apiculture Networking [Free] Guess I can run the game on this? And get mind-honey?
Matriorb [150] This is a thing that is needed. But it’ll be securely stored in my Warehouse, until the time is right.
>companions:
Multiplayer 3x [Free] Hm...
>drawbacks:
Crippled [+100] This jump cost me an arm and a leg. Cybernetics should be possible though, and telekinesis will pick up the rest of the slack.
Narcolepsy [+100] Fair enough.
Mutant [+100] No one must know. No one. Not even you, user.
Magic Is Fake As Shit [+200] FAAAKE.

(1/2)

...Completely unexpected, but welcome nonetheless.

One thing jumping out at me is the item trees not being even. Otherwise, I like it, even if it took me a minute to realize the *s noted stuff with Notes and not some type of Capstone Booster thing.

Particularly like Level Complete and Similar Powers.

>Genderswap [150] I… just think it’d be interesting.
Neat. And here I'd thought I was the only one in the history of jumpchain to take this.

Anyone else find it hilarious that the Spirit of Vengeance is wearing squeaky clean sneakers?

Alright, so… Canon companions, I suppose? Don’t have anyone to import yet.

Let’s see, I’m a Trolls so I’ll pick from them… Team Scourge with Vriska and Terezi of course, but then… Aradia? I do need a Time player. Let’s try and get her a robot body to blow up a bit earlier, so we can get her alive again.

...Ignore the urge to murder her again after that.

Anyway, first, prototyping… Well, I do have all these souvenirs from Cleanup. Let’s… NOT throw the facehugger in there.

In any case, my drawbacks are pretty bad… But I should be able to deal and make a decent Genesis Frog, and still have some fun. As long as I don’t fall asleep on the job.

Knowing what needs to happen, I’ll just do the Ectobiology myself. I have no idea what I’m doing there, but the way it’s set up… you really don’t need to know.

Do the quests for the game, awaken the Forge, speak to my Denizen, try and keep Vriska (and perhaps the others) from murdering theirs, die on my Questbed… Get to the Battlefield in time for the final battle with the Black King, and confront the Queen.

Just… you know, keep everyone from being stupid, and all will probably be well.

Fairly short time spend in this jump, all-in-all. But it was one HELL of a lot more exciting than the first one. I have become the Heir of Space, and created an frog-shaped universe with my friends.

Now if I could just figure out my Strife Specibus… Anything but mopkind.

(2/2]

People don't that?

It's basically the best way to pick things like Umbra Witch, Witch or Invisible Werewolf without losing your dick.

Well, guess I'm the second to take it then.

It's fake! Like all FAKE magic.

Haven't enountered it yet, but it could be useful. Zombies smell though, skeletons seem better?

He didn't do any of those and the only reason you even brought him up was to satisfy your hateboner.

Yeah, sorry about the dissonance with the items. I tried my best, but I had a lot of trouble getting enough balance between the different backgrounds, as some had far more items associated with them. For some of them, like the Koopas and Toads, they only had a few small yet memorable appearances, limiting the items I could attach to their background.

My solution was to balance things out somewhat by giving three items to each background. Problem is, some of the items are much stronger than others, so the prices are kind of variable.

I totally forgot, but are there any perks for shifting the tone of a setting? Or even inspiring the populace to be better?

I'm trying to make Marvel citizens less garbagio.

Evangelion's got Genre Savior.

>Umbra Witch
You can do that for free now.

When I'm hiding my power level? the perfect fusion of classic style and modern function otherwise it's the boots from infernals

It's kind of a shitty genderswap option, since you have to wait so long between uses. Like, if I'm going to be flipping my genitals all over the place, I want to do it whenever the mood strikes me. This option requires enough forethought that it sucks out all the fun.

Evangelion and Infinite Warfare are the first to come to mind with actual tone changing. I think Overwatch and My Hero Academia have something for inspiring people to be better too? Fist of the North Star has a great perk for inspiring large-scale hope which could be useful.

Since I've never played Shadowrun and don't know a whole lot about the setting, can anyone tell me what I'd be getting into if I mad a deal with a dragon?

There is not much else to invest in the Bodymod, unless you're some kind of manlet monster.

There are better gender-swapping abilities out there, but getting the ability to pick female origins from the start without needing to be one is pretty interesting on its own.

you know what the thing about waddle-dees is? No matter how much you empower them,no matter how loyal they are They are still lumbering idiots. so I and my companions needed a Butler/concierge, so I made one out of a brain-dead Clone and a copy of better than life ported to Gashat,that's right . There is now a new Bugster because I couldn't get decent help.

>>As a result, the jump will not end as long as you have an extra life

so does this override the usual time limit?

Hope or Despair, /jc/?

If we're doing jumps based off of specific youtubers' stuff
SiIvaGunner Jump and/or CCC Gauntlet when?

Did you honestly not expect this response?

Jump 3: Kung Fury

Viking [Free] Because why not?
>perks:
Technobabble [100] Well. Why wouldn’t I get this?
Coming Down From The Mountain [Free] Not bad...
Epic Pecs [Free] Epic indeed. Goes well with my other purchases too.
Laser-Raptor Hunter [100] Not bad.
Norse God [400] I think I’ll go with fire as my element? Throwing bolts of that seems good.
Nazi Science [800] Nazi kung fu robots. Yup. I want ‘em. Maybe I can improve them a bit with janitorial science too...
Aesthetics! [200] I simply couldn’t resist the vanity purchase.
>items:
Gun [Free] Yeah, a viking minigun sounds good to me.
Clothes [Free] Sure.
The Crotchshot Pistol [300] Excellent. Just excellent. I shall enjoy using this later.
>drawbacks:
Hamtastic [+100] When in Rome...
Kung Face [+100] This is my face now.
Valley of the Laser-Raptors [+200] Well, alright then. They’re fun things, if vicious.
True Survivor [+200] It really wouldn’t be Kung Fury without them.
Kung Führer Wants To Claim The Throne [+300] And fuck Hitler. With a rusty chainsaw.

So, from a horned, green-blooded, psychic not-vampire, to a giant viking god with a minigun.

It’s a bit of a change. Still a god though, if a very different one.

And… just about everything here wants to violently murder me. Joy.

At least I can grab some peace and quiet in the Warehouse and in between the action. Also, throwing a tank in Hitler’s face after ragdolling him around with my telekinesis was... very nice. Would recommend.

Also, the ludicrously-sized minigun is just… overkill on pretty much everything I use it on. Damn.

In any case, the Trolls seem to be dealing… decently with this place? It’s more the ham that’s throwing them off, the violence is almost expected, coming from Alternia.

Hope, all day erry day.

After we get a Filthy Frank jump.

What would you do there?