Warhammer 40k General /40kg/

We know what option Rowboat would pick Edition

8th Edition Release Date Announced
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/23/warhammer-40000-launch-date-announced-may22gw-homepage-post-1/

>Previous thread
>Warhammer 40k 8th Edition: "Leak" Compilation
bloodofkittens.com/blog/2017/04/26/warhammer-40k-8th-edition-leak-compilation/

>Lastest news :
warhammer-community.com/2017/05/22/new-warhammer-40000-cities-of-death-may22gw-homepage-post-4gw-homepage-post-4/

>Your daily duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=7AlM9YMKgJU

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!z4wmmJyR!jTfwLczhdFjV0q6nowtGag!qgZhmAhK

>40k rules reference in wiki format:
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Latest GW teases:
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW FAQs:
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>8th edition FAQ:
warhammer40000.gw-hub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2017/04/New-Edition-of-40K-FAQ.pdf

First for I actually like these guys.

A decade and they still can't make flying duel wilding infantry

Cute Numarines are cute.

Second for I agree, they just got posed wrong but the tech itself is solid.

Quick, /40kg/, GW has asked to design the fluff and look for an entirely new faction to debut in 8th Edition!

What would you want?

Shit taste. All numarines look like robotic tin men, like a toy version of an Astartes.

7th for Thorns

Those seriously look better than the new things.

What's the stats on a russ again for 8th

There's little that we don't already have. On the condition that it has to be new and not just copycatting another army, miniscule C'tan shards that form smaller beings of pure energy. Still eat stars as normal, and follow after the larger shards who have broken free and seek to dominate the Necrons once more.

I think my problem with them is they dont look like they have motion. They looks like they are just hovering there and if they are suppose to be the assault class of the primaris marines then they should look like they are charging.

So, do you guys think old marines will ever get a new model kit or is it new boys from here on out?

Like a toy version of a toy soldier.

Same, I'm digging all the new stuff except maybe the captain (if that's what all terminator armor looks like I'll be disappointed), but I'll wait for the non-snapfit kits to come out.
Funny, I actually thought the same about old marines, but truescale proportions have really fixed a lot of the problems I've had before.
So cute.

Even their art versions look like toys.

Unless I am mistaken, the flight stands end in a ball joint so you can angle the model.

Could the one user who was doing edits kindly try one for Blood Ravens?
I've been debating starting them for 8th.

nobody knows yet what primaris dudesmen actually mean for 40k.

How can vanilla Marines even complete?

Probably not. They'll give some old characters new Primaris versions, and continually add more kits to the Primaris range.

GW should just introcude C'tan shards that gathered enough of themselves to near full power, who have Necron followers and/or dominate some Necron dynasties. This way there are oldcrons and newcrons, the two can fight because the C'tan want to free more shards, and Pariahs can be a thing again.

All new. In a few years they'll retcon the idea of primarines and they'll just be the norm

Being bigger doesnt make them less toy-like. They just look too plain and shiny, like if made out of clay.

A return of the Men of Iron and "Abominable Intelligences" as a new rogue faction with an arsenal of DAoT perhaps?

Then again, given how Halo's currently doing that, probably wouldn't be the best move in the world, since it might come off as forced by GW.

The captain looks like his armour needed to be adjusted because he has a gaint beerbelly.

I think they will, but it'll be a long time in between.
Assuming they keep the distinction where regular marines are more flexible they still have a solid role (especially with not having to shoot a whole squad at one unit) which makes them still viable.
However, if primaris take over as the big poster boys there's no reason to keep marinelets on the forefront, so they drop in priority.

I don't like the Primaris Captain's pose. It make him look short and squat from that angle.

The Seraphim aiming the bolt pistol will always be my favorite.

>transexual space nuns
Kek

Abominable Intelligence faction designed by Nihei, please.

What's that, we already have Necrons? Fuck Necrons, they're shit, Blamebots would be a million times better and more fitting for 40K.

I don't see anything that can't be fixed with a better paintjob.

epic XD

Do you know why I want this release of 8th edition to succeed?

It's not because I play the game
It's not because I have an interest in the lore
It's not because I need validation
It's not because of any of that shit

It's for the tears of the GW haters, so long has their hate flowed. They have moved to other games, games with their own problems and constantly fall back on their hate for GW.
It's for their inability to address problems with their favorite game, which is going to get crushed under the weight of this new edition, it's sales and all the old and new blood coming to GW.
It's for these reasons I want 8th to be great. To be the best 40k has ever been. To watch the haters burn. To wallow in their own frustration. To be proven wrong, even though they will never fucking accept that.
To watch them cling to whatever game they were playing to escape the supposed evil of GW, and in doing to so watch that game fall into deeper problems.

That's why lads, I'm a fucking primaris marine now.

So far I'm only impressed with the new Tactical guys so my options are a force of all infantry Primaris or just adding a few reinforcements to the marines I have.

Fun fact the Seraphim Superior with plasma pistol and power sword was released on 2004.

Still better looking than this abortion

>One of the High Lords of Terra is actively, nay, OPENLY FRATERNIZING WITH THE VILE ELDAR SCUM
Such heresy cannot stand!

Fucking yes please. Suitably grimdark and fucking badass. I'm honestly not sure why it's taking so long for GW to fluff out the Iron Men more, but if they did they should definitely take some Nihei inspiration.

Doubt any paint can fix the sheer lack of detail.

>being such a buttburt sobcuck
Lmao

That's deep, user.

I REALLY like them. They look cool as shit.

I agree, but I think this pose is more like a "harrier" stance where they fly a short distance, hover and shoot, fly away. Perhaps there'll be a dual-kit version of the minis that makes assault-jump pack Primaris and these guys. That would definitely open up the posing situation.

>That's why lads, I'm a fucking paid shill now.
FTFY

So... might finally jump into 40k with this new edition but my main interest is being super shooty with something like Tau. will they be playable in 8th ed at any time in the near future? I assume i have to wait for their codex in a long line of codexes, yeah? And it would be even worse if i wanted to go super niche and play a Farsight Enclave?

>look how butthurt these guys are
>t. every butthurt person ever

Just do your own thing. The internet is in no way representative of the real work.
If you are entering Veeky Forums's echo chamber, you should know what to expect.

>Doubt any paint can fix the sheer lack of detail.
You're going to point this out to me, how does this differ from the old models?

Also I like a lack of detail, means I can customize it myself instead of filing shit off.

Didn't you know that GW doesn't acknowledge any other miniatures games as being competition, let alone existing?

Are wrecks gonna still be a thing?
I loved leaving wrecks on the table and using them as cover, also looked cool

Notice how after everyone agrees the jump Primaris look like shit, a sudden surge of posters talking about how much they like them pops out of nowhere?

The astroturfing is real.

>Hrud

What do you guys think about the hood on the new jump marines?

God no, don't. The new marines look moslty okayish, but don't mix and match in a single army, having their completely different proportions next to one another just looks wrong.

What are the other chaos gods on the 8 point star?

They are confirmed to be release this year.

Or the same shit under another name like Hrudari, Hruduk or H'rud

>implying people won't just fuck off and play videogames
Nice try.

My main issue with the Primaris marines is the lack of flair and variety among their components. They all have the same helmet, same legs, same chest, etc., with the exception of the sergeants and lieutenants, who have some minor variations, like a skull on the forehead or a notch in the gorget. As of now, they all look extremely plain. I would prefer it if they amped up the medieval and gothic a bit.

Granted, the ones we're seeing now are snap fit. I imagine whenever they come out with a standalone Primaris kit they'll come with more varied bits. As for the lack of flair, I imagine that when they introduce chapter upgrade kits for these guys they will look a bit more flavorful. Until then I'm somewhat disappointed with their very plain aesthetic.

gonna need a source on that my dude

Meant for

I don really like it, but it looks even worse without it. That jump pack is fucking Dreadnoughts sized.

What exactly is the Eightfold Path?

I just got home from work. I saw them this morning on Facebook, but I didn't get on Veeky Forums until just a few minutes ago. I genuinely like them.
No hood looks weird, like a giant metal pillow behind his head. Maybe some heraldry would work to tone down how plain it looks.

They're the sad middle ground between having a fishbowl & visor and being a normal marine.
It just makes them into librarians. It looks weird.

>yfw they go back to being space skaven?

Interesting models but shit pose.

Imagine it.

Horde army of fast, fragile hard-hitter not!Exterminators backed up by intimidating as fuck, super-tough, super-hurty, super-regeneratey not!pic relateds. I would seriously delete Necrons from the game for this.

Spaniard GW representative.
It came up during the talks about opening a GW franchise in SA.

There are plans for 2 more races depending how well the first one goes.
She also confirmed SoB are not getting any.

'Sad truth.

Gonna need some sauce on that.

No pls

That's an improvement, but the jump pack is still mounted too high and taking the hood out draws further attention to the lack of air intakes every other jump pack design have.

Also the stupid shoes, and the weird limp dangling pose puting them on a flight stand resulted in.

Why is there still no audiobook mega library?
We used to have one. I wanna get my hands on the first heretic.

Bullshit.

evil space buddhism

>She also confirmed SoB are not getting any.
Really, really gone need a source on that one.

Everyone is talking about the jump dudes, but have you seen the new Primaris Captain? Dude looks more deformed and bloated than the fucking plague marines.

They look like kittens being drag by their mothers.

Holy fuck

>Source: Reality and the last decade

As in not getting any models this year.

i wonder how many points those mama cat transports are going to be

>My main issue with the Primaris marines is the lack of flair and variety among their components. They all have the same helmet, same legs, same chest, etc
It's so you can use the old Space Marine customization bits (helmets, shoulder pads, etc..). Just grab a few customization kits on FW if you want some variety, or tear some bits off your old troops. They're all sized so you can interchange most of the bits besides arms, legs, and maybe chest.

It occurs to me that if GW were trying to rescale space marines, why are the plague marines still old-size? Maybe they really do just want to make numarines an extra unit

>As in not getting any models this year.
Wouldn't surprise, but I'd like a link to confirm myself so I can mess with SoB players later.

As a long time Necron player, a big part of me has always wanted a Pylon, but another big part of me doesn't want to sink £100 on a fucking gun emplacement.

What do?

What is the appeal of the Hrud as a playable army beyond muh space skaven

They were cool as a disposable bit of fluff in Xenology but do they really need to be playable?

Genuinely curious here

Nice meme but that's not a source asshole

Rubrics are truescale I think, so who knows,

They look so stiff, like they've never flew before and can't relax.

Another question, why would Hrud EVER have priority over Exodites except to explain the whole "why there's no MK9 Armor" thing. Exodites would SELL like fucking flapjacks and I'd be one of the first suckers in line.

So is the Captain's Gravis armor supposed to be NuTerminator armor or NuArtificer armor?

You're REALLY out of the loop, aren't you? Go to the warhammer community site and read all their articles, they're teasing information on 8th daily. Today we got the official release date of June 17th, along with the information on how data will be released. All current models will have updated rules available come release day. Tau will be found in the Xenos 2 book alongside Orks, GSC and Nids. Farsight Enclaves are likely going to be a Tau sub-faction, and EVERYONE is getting subfactions now, so I see no reason why that wouldn't be available at launch as well.

It was a Skype call and email exchange.
Also they are focusing in new units instead of updating old shit.
Hence the new Xeno army.

They basically don't see a problem with selling decade old models

I don't think they are, they're just standing up properly

>They look so stiff, like they've never flew before and can't relax.
It would really confirm in the sense that these noobs have no idea what they're doing.

yes

Rak'gol! Nuclear Cthulhu monsters!

Which is not something I would want to put onto a battlefield, even a miniature make-believe one. It's a really shitty pose that kills the model.

>being that thirsty for salt
>being off by 1