GM turns character focused game into end of the world scenario

>GM turns character focused game into end of the world scenario

Can this please stop?

sure, when you save the world.

Now it's a character focused end of the world scenario

>complaining on Veeky Forums about situations that didn't occur because these threads are the closest thing you have to genuine human interaction
You first OP

>durr hurr everything in Veeky Forums is made up
Yes user, you are right.

maybe you should focus on the plot for once instead of intercharacter wank, mark

Sounds like you should be writing a novel instead of running a game
end of the world plots are fucking boring and I'm mad that it took a year of me running one for me to realise it

I think The End of the World is much more emotional and heartwrenching when you know the characters

What if the plot changed five sessions in and got retconned hard so that instead of "hypothetically" saying, a story about people hunting down a dangerous criminal that wronged all of them in some way, suddenly became a race against time before an evil god sent the world right into the sun?

And who the fuck is Mark?

I've never played this but it sounds like it could be really fucking good with a competent DM.

What's that kobold so mad about?

Learn to run the game yourself, snowflake

seriously tho end of the world plots are shitty in fiction in general and i dont really wanna play one

I'm already running two, faggot

It's all right if it's For the memory of your blood!

I combine the two. The character drama is the reason for the end of the world. It has worked incredibly.

step it up, senpai

Then git gud and stop your fucking bitchin!

No shit, right? So many baby bitch GMs who can't fucking hack it.

> Can this please stop?
Sure, as soon as you stop trying to legalize gay marriage and actually go and defeat the lich, you cockmongler.

I kinda get what OP is coming from. One of the 5e games I was in was supposedly about stopping a Raksasha or whatever they're called, but then it became about a lich, but then turns out we dealt with fucking the Eldest Aboleth and...

...OP has a point when DMs get out of control with the stakes of the story.

Why can't it be both? You can focus on character and have your world be ending.

Knowing that time is running out on the world seems like it might be interesting for character development. Some would be fatalistic and just say fuck it all and give up thus likely let loose all their real inner thoughts and feelings as they see no consequence. Others may be generic determined anime kiddo