Ork faction focus is comming up next. About time! What are your expectations Veeky Forums?

Ork faction focus is comming up next. About time! What are your expectations Veeky Forums?

>Another fine article from Frankie there… wait… what’s that? Can you hear that, off in the distance? Sounds like a Waaagh! is headed this way… come back on Thursday to learn about Orks in the new edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/05/25/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-orks/
youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My expectations are WAAAAAGH!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! DIS FREAD IS CLAIMED FOR DA BLUD AXES.

Zog off ya 'oomie lovin git!

Choppa will now grant an extra attack. Shoota boyz will be noticeably worse in combat than slugga boyz now. Mob rule will work like synapse and make mobs of a certain size immune to battleshock like it used to. Mega nobz will still be shit.

Blud axes go home! Did 'ere is Goff territory. We's is da biggest, da greenest, and da most killy!

Proper Looted Vehicles might come back. After all, if GSC allowed to use them now (seriously, wtf GW?), why shouldn't the original Lootas be allowed to do it too?

>Choppa will now grant an extra attack.
Yes please? Hell, why not shoot for da moon here and hope they bring back the ol' "Zog ya armor, you 'ave 4+ save or worse now!" rule choppas used to have
>Mob rule will work like synapse and make mobs of a certain size immune to battleshock like it used to
For the love of Gork n' Mork, yes! Bring it back!
>Mega nobz will still be shit.
I certainly hope not.

>*Blocks your path*

BLOCKA ROOLS WHEN

I feel like it would be easier to simply have the Choppa rule be AP -1 instead if they were to bring it back. Not the same effect against terminators, but generally gets the same idea across.

>What are your expectations Veeky Forums?
higher basic strength
choppas are rending
waaagh allows advance and charge
ork shooting is buffed because twin linked is buffed
orks gain ld for every additional 10 boyz
a mob will have the option to ignore most of the effects of battleshock as long as there're nobs to sacrifice a few boyz at random
vehicles are way fasta

>Choppa, +1 S AP -1, Damage 1, 1 extra attack

Yes? No?

I want some more wargear options.

I also want to know about the state of flashgits

Not unless you want it to be Nob-only or cost points

-1 save, strength, AND a bonus attack is too good for basic spamming infantry

Boyz are fine with just an extra attack, just like marines get from their chainsword

Mega nobz will need some serious work to become viable. 3 wounds and an invul save or a drastic price drop.

Article is up

try that in... like, 16 or 17 hours from now

My expectations.

Choppas add +1 str, -1 ap. Diffirentiate them from shootas.
Shootas can run and shoot at minus 1 to hit.
Meganobz go up to 4 wounds, since there is no invun.
Mobs numbering 12+ ignore battleshock.
Waaaagh! Grants charge rerolls and run/charge for a turn, everyone ignores battleshock.
Warbosses instill fear, or commisar blam some nearby squads who fail battleshock.
kustom force fields to go back to cover saves
eavy armor still being too expensive to justify over just getting more boyz.
And basically everything getting more awesomer.
Also we better have decent looted vehicle rules this time.

Better question:
What do you not want to see in the faction focus?

>We know that Orks have been in a rough patch these last few years. Fear not cause we changed everything!
>Bikes now have +1Ld to compensate for their loss of movement!
>Gorkanaut is a little less shit!
>Look at this new profile for Lootas' guns! They now have random AP on top of random BS and random number of shots!
>there you have it, we've seen the most iconic units. See you on saturday for Space Marines!

I wanna see what the stats for deff dreads are
love me some deff dreads

My prediction: Ork stats are going to be Fucking Scary. You saw the 'Nids stats? Like that, except less so. Buffs all around.

grots
big guns
gork/morkanaut (I really don't give a shit about these)

This desu. I can't help but think GW will keep the LOL RANDUMB crap in there since they seem to firmly believe the ork faction is not here to win games and never should be.

GOFF ROCKAS
MOD BOYZ
STEAM GARGENTS
SNOTLINGS

>Orks won the Octarius War.
>Ghazghkull is now as powerful as the Beast
>There are at least some hundreds of Orks in that power level now.
>It is unclear if they will attack The Imperium of Man or they will go to the Cicatrix Maledictum, but they are on the move.

Anything that isn't marines should never win, Eldar and Tau only exist to cause the Marines to lose all sense of fun.

>Anything that isn't marines should never win,
>SMfag spotted
Point at da humie and laff lads!

I'm a blueberry.
Besides, when they made a game version that is literally nothing but marine on marine combat it's hard to deny their bias.

We're probably going to get PRIMARIS'd Orks who have gotten enormous in the wake of Octarius. Boyz on the scale of ironjawz

>We're probably going to get PRIMARIS'd Orks who have gotten enormous in the wake of Octarius.
Octarius AND Armageddon sectors will probably cause the massive growth, given how the greenskins are in constant conflict (which is how they like it), and are always growing as a result.

According to the Ghazzy supplement for the last Ork codex, Ghazghkull's been getting voices in his head telling him he needs to do this 3-4 more times before the Ork population reaches 'critical mass', a task he's destined to complete.
Fluff-wise... Gork n' Mork are up to something, and it's not good for anyone but the Orks.

Is it likely we'll see a model release for them, though? I've never stuck around for an edition beginning--I left before 6.

No, gotta make primaris blood angels and the other chapters first.

>Is it likely we'll see a model release for them, though? I've never stuck around for an edition beginning--I left before 6.
Zogged if I know. I got in around the middle of 3rd, and the start of 4th/5th completely went over my head (pretty sure we didn't get anything when those editions came out either).

They'll probably just make upgrade sprues. Look at the Primaris models, they have no specific iconography.

Well, they already said helmets and shoulder pads were compatible, so already that allows for most of the existing upgrade sprues to be pretty usable.

Exactly this. Never liked Gorkanaught/Morkanaught, I'd rather see focus on killakans/deffdreads.
Given how terminators have 2 wounds now I wouldn't be suprised if Megas got 3-4. Although I hope they will get invulnerable save too, otherwise they might get 1 HKOed by powerfist. (or it won't work this way now?)
>Mobs numbering 12+ ignore battleshock.
They mentioned in Stratagem article how you will want to spend 2CP to save your boy mob from battleshock. I'm kinda worried that orks have no way to ignore LD casualities, but we'll see.
I do hope that WAAGH(whatever effect it has) is not tied to a warboss only now.
>Choppas add +1 str, -1 ap. Diffirentiate them from shootas.
>Shootas can run and shoot at minus 1 to hit.
Yes please! I do hope that boys will get some -1AP.

What I'd like:
>Boyz statline
>choppaz and shootaz have a cool effect, even if they're not great weapons per se
>a few details on Trukks ('better chances of survival thanks to their Toughness of X and their Y Wounds', something like this)
>some Warboss details, maybe the effects of Waaaagh!
>confirmation that Nobz in a 'naut will be meta
What we'll probably get:

Having an old rule for trukk(where instead of exploding it might scatter somewhere and then explode or just get wrecked) would be great. It was such a hilarious rule.

Speaking of the devil, can vehicles actually blow up now? Or they are a;ways wrecked and kill passangers on a roll of 1

If orks don't have some sort of "for every 10 boyz increase squad leadership by 1" rule, ill be annoyed

I'm just happy that flyers now occupy their own FoC slot so my kult of speed can include even more speed.

scatter is kill

well if it goes from 4 to 5 it will still be shit Ld so I hope it's more than a +1

>They mentioned in Stratagem article how you will want to spend 2CP to save your boy mob from battleshock. I'm kinda worried that orks have no way to ignore LD casualities, but we'll see.
maybe the unit was shot to under 12 models then

Huh, well to be honest this thread has it pretty much covered, but hell if I had to hazard a guess;

>Everythings the same
>No Shoota Mob combat combos
>No more maxed out troop choices with 100+ boys just to be "viable"
>Fliers and Mega Nobs / Nauts get buffs (newest models)
>Buggies and Wartrakks get dick (oldest models)
>Maybe plastic deffkoptas if we're lucky.

I just want looted tanks to come back in some way shape or form. Hell, it could even be used to drive sales;

>Pick a base chassis for the tank, from;
Imperial guard, Space Marine, Eldar, Tau
>Pick a weapon load out, from;
Big shootas, Rokkit launchas, Boom Kannon

And then they make 1 accessory sprue to bundle with Imp/SM/Eldar/Tau vehicles.

Done.

Why would they be LD4?

Would the Eldar vehicles even work for the Orks?

Sure it would

With a bit of persuasion

because Marines are Ld7, and the morale system doesn't work the same at all

Ugh what is this Missions shit GW,

JUST GIVE US THE DAMN ORKZ

Come on boyz. Put your hands together and pray to Gork n Mork for a decent codex this time.

pictured here - new ork lore

>Praying for Mork while playing for Gork

Don't listen to this git, just pray for Gork

>Praying for Gork while playing for Mork

Don't listen to this git, just pray for Mork

>Praying for Gork while playing for Mork

Don't listen to this git, just pray for Mork

>we're gonna be at dis for a while

ITS HERE

Get stuck in ladz

youtube.com/watch?v=hQo1HIcSVtg

Guess who just made a comeback today?
Dem old Slugga Boys that have been away.
Man they've changed, got so much to say.
But I never stopped believing those guys were great.

They were asking if you'd take em in your list.
So they can punch humies with their fists.
I told them you'd be taking hundreds of em now.
Driving those power gamers crazy.

DA BOYZ ARE BACK IN TOWN
DA BOYZ ARE BACK IN TOWN

>Run and charge WAAAGH!

Noice. if that affects Bikers too then they'll finally not just be a dakka unit, but a choppin unit too

THE BOYS ARE BACK
THE BOYS ARE BACK
THE BOYS ARE BACK
THE BOYS ARE BACK

>Units like Meganobz, who have a 2+ save (and now 3 Wounds!), will find themselves being able to soak hits from things that used to kill them in one shot and keep on killin’ thanks to the save they now get
>DAT CHOPPA THO
>Morale is not nearly as problematic for Orks as it was, either. The Boyz have multiple layers of morale defence built into their army. The best way to mitigate it is by having a Warboss within 3″ of a unit of Orks; he can simply knock a few of them senseless (D3, to be exact) to keep the rest of the Boyz in line and in the fight. Nobz squads also help to keep Orks from leggin’ it by rolling a D6 for each nearby Ork that tries to flee, and on the result of a 6, they do not. These are all in addition to the Mob Rule! which allows a unit of Orks to use a leadership value equal to their unit size or the leadership value of a nearby Ork unit. These are great for keeping big mobs of Boyz in the fight!

ZOG ME! I DIDN'T GET MY LOOTED VEHICLES, BUT DIS IZ A GOOD START!!

Is this not just 6+ fnp?

>all these stacking bonuses
>Ld 10+ Ork mobs
>practically ignore battleshock
>teleporting Mega Nobz

This shit actually looks menacing now.

You know those Weirdboys who used to screw around a lot
Every game they'd be fucking around doing who knows what
Man when I tell you we got mad we got red hot
But now they'll be screamin!

That time over at the LFGS
Well this autist got up and he slapped my face
Man we just fell about the place
Because I rolled a double six on my SAG

Yup. This is just worse than we already have.
Except that the Painboy has an AoE instead of only affecting one unit.

yes, it's nothing new really

who cares when we have LD 30 again

ORKS BRAVEST CONFIRMED

Me ead urts now boss

MOB RULE IZ BACK LADZ!

Friday night they'll be ready to kill
Down on Guilliman's planet of shills
The drink will flow and blood will spill
AND IF DA BOYZ WANNA FIGHT YOU BETTER LET THEM

That jukebok on the battlewagon blasting Orky rock
The night is getting longer they're gonna shock
That little smurf as he chokes on Ork cock
Now that the boys are here again

>Space Marines know no fear!
>Ld 7

So wait, I can use the size of my own unit (30) for my leadership, or, the LEADERSHIP of a nearby unit.

Well, what if the nearby unit is a 30 strong unit? Their leadership is 30.

Are you telling me, as long as I have a single full strength mob on the board, EVERY MOB has Ld 30?

An extra attack with choppas is a good gold standard, pitty about the lack of any extra bonuses, but hey ho.

Waaaagh power could be limited to once a game, or cost CP, so will have to see how that pans out.

As far as saves are concerned, aren't Boltguns -1 AP? So, bye bye armour, hello GW lies right there. That's if boys are still 6+ armour save, which they might not.(Please give them 3+ saves Mork, and make all the marines cri errey tiem)

Happy? Will just have to wait and see

So apart from the zoggin good mob rule, choppa profiles and shit-tier waaagh have we been given anything new?

Nope, boltguns are ap - now. The NEW Boltguns for super marines are AP -1.

>>Praying for Gork while playing for Mork
>Don't listen to this git, just pray for Mork

One last little tidbit though, before I go: the Ork Weirdboy is a fantastic choice in the new edition, and one of his powers, Da Jump, is particularly awesome. It allows an Ork Infantry unit within 6″ of the Weirdboy to be teleported to any point more than 9″ away from enemy units on the battlefield (and remember, no more scattering!). This makes for quite the nasty surprise when a mob of 30 Ork Boyz appears behind enemy lines!

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

I have never been happier in my entire life.

MARINES

BACKED

THE

FUCK

OFF

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ITS SO BAD
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA

Are painboys weaker now too??

I refer you to this.

THE BOYS
ARE BACK
IN TOWN

I'd wait for the space marine faction focus to learn what And They Shall Know No Fear does now.

Ya, Mob Rule is good but compared to persay the Tyranid faction focus, Orks still appear bottom rung.

We already had this just using old deep strike rules. Although after a few reads I think this one doesn't drag the weirdboy along with it?

Over your head.

>one painboy now affects every unit in range
>this stacks with the KFF
>units can be LD-30 with a back up if theres any other mobs in range and can use THEIR LD-30 instead
>Weirdboys can act as teleporters for the entire army
>Orks are basically immune to Morale compared to even fucking space marines
>we can save 20 points on every power claw and take big choppas instead and not feel stupid
>nobz aren't stuck in challenges anymore getting killed by a sergeant

Yeah it's soooo bad user better go run downstairs and tell your mom about it while she makes your spaghetti.

We'll stay here and brood about how bad it is.

>An extra attack with choppas is a good gold standard, pitty about the lack of any extra bonuses, but hey ho.

Not really. Remember that you don't have +1 attacks for pistols or two weapons anymore. So it just compensate for that.

Nope, which means if you have a few weirdboys in the deployment zone, they can just spam orks across the board.

How did you deep strike boys in the old rules?

>Roll a D6 and add the models lost to the roll.
>If it's higher than the unit's LD, then the difference is restored to the unit in models up to the amount of models lost, as the brave warriors of the Emperor realize that their duty is not yet done.

Actually, shitposting aside, I would not be surprised if something like that shows up in the Necrons faction focus.

That's the point, now Orks are the ONLY army who have this rule. Everyone else lost it, but Orks keep their +1 attack.

user, Painboys already stacked with the KFF. Also it's range is abysmal at best and a 6+ ONLY sucks really bad. The only way to make it viable would be to bring a KFF as well like you said but on it's own it really sucks. The morale thing is sort of neat tho.

Imperials and Eldar don't get that compensation so it's still a buff.

no one said it didnt user, i think theyre saying it didnt change as many expected

>necrons
>ld10
they would basically never restore models (which is a good thing 4 us)

Chainswords also give +1 attack