Warhammer Fantasy is not yet lost

Far from perfect, but at least Warhammer Fantasy hasn't been entirely squatted. Hopefully it returns one day.
cubicle7.co.uk/cubicle-7-and-games-workshop-announce-new-edition-of-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/

Now GW can stand back and watch how you handle an IP.

WFB GETS ANOTHER ROLEPLAYING GAME AND NOTHING FOR AOS

ITS NOT FAIR

FUCK

So what the fuck do we know about Cubicle7? I've seen some of their books on digital shelves but never a brick and mortar store.

Are they one of those companies that tries to cram everything into one universal system they have copyrighted like Modiphius? Do they write unique mechanics for each game so the system targets the fluff and intended feel? Do they spam us with sourcebooks or stick to fewer but bigger hardcovers?

I need information before I decide to be excite or depressed. All I really know is they were rumoured to get the license back in January so they've probably been writing for about 5 months now and a 2017 release date seems likely.

It's AoS roleplay

Did you bother to read the link, desu?

I'm so fucking excited. My two favorite franchises get new tabletop games this year.

I just hope my 2e books stay relevant if the game's good. I discovered my favorite game after it was oop and paid a lot.

So who supposed to be audience of this RPG?

The people who like the Old World and play the other editions of WHFRP?

People who like the old world but not the older rpgs

Yeah surely they are all such cucks that will run to buy it.

Third edition was pretty bad. Wouldn't be surprised if this sells well.

>What's the audience of dnd 5e? Noone who likes kitchen sink fantasy will check it out.

U rn.

>Wouldn't be surprised if this sells well.
Again who will buy it?

But we already get Zweihänder.

Say what you want about rules or edition preference, but the Old World is 100% a better setting than AoS. Glad to see them keeping it around

Not officially Warhammer, not well marketed, and nothing special mechanically to encourage people to get it over 2e. If Cubicle can do well (I've heard good things about The One Ring and The Laundry, haven't played either) then there is a market to scoop into.

>Not officially Warhammer,
So what? it have all charm of Old World.

Pen and paper games are more visible, and have a broader appeal, than ever before. Pair that with how well its flavor of Total War has been received and it's almost certainly going to find an audience.

lol. wargaming people who moved to AoS won't buy it, wargaming people still sour about AoS won't buy it because they're grognards with all the previous books, and with WFB no more, there will be very few outside people interested in it, who the fuck is the target audience here?

Sorry slav, but name brands exist for a reason. 'Kinda like warhammer but different' isn't a great selling point against 'actual Warhammer that can use all the names and history and intwresting quirks you want'. Why did D&D5e sell well, when there are better games that do what it does?

>RPG from Literally-who-Devs
>good sells
pick one
>but name brands exist for a reason
That's why all Warhammer games except DoW had a shit sells?

I'll take 'What is TW:WH?' for 500

Total War Warhammer sold better than any other total war game.

Oh yeah another AAA game from good devs and budget.
Any words about Chaos Gates, Rites of War, Final Liberation, Fire Warrior, Space Marine, Mushrooms vs Gay CSM, Carnage?

Oooops, almost forgot about other examples:
Vermintide, BFG, Eternal Crusade, Deathwing

So, back on topic,
Is anything from these no-name cunts any good?

What can we expect from this orgy Morpheus?

Why the hell is GW selling square bases still? I'd literally suck someone's dick to get WFB back.

Vermintiee is still getting updates

Unlike AoS

>Vermintiee is still getting updates
yeh because devs are almost bunkrupt
>Unlike AoS
Top kek

vermintide is shite desu

just a worse left 4 dead

mite b cool

Vermintide has better melee

>>cubicle 7
It's worse than lost, It's now hipster.

It's actually pretty fair.

They say they'll get back to the roots of 1st and 2nd edition. Let's see how they'll either nail it or fuck up horribly