>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2048
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Posting again for moar thoughts instead at the end of the last thread.

How is Nurgle? I just picked up some Rotbringers.

So I grab few SoD models and brew up something for skirmish games. We want to start with 60 renown-warbands and then expand them

Aelves™
The General
Archmage on foot (24)
- Trait:
- Command Ability: Inspirational Fighter
- Artefact: Cursed Tome

The Warband
Swordmasters Bladelord (3)
Swordmasters Hornblower (3)
Swordmaster (3)
Swordmaster (3)
Reavers Harbinger (6)
Reaver (6)
Reaver (6)
Reaver (6)

60/60

Big Daddy? Get a drill piece for the arm.

Normally I don't like it when people make their metal look oxidized, but it works really well for the underwater look you're going for. Assuming that's what you're doing.

Ahhhhh what a great idea. Maybe I can do that with Brokk. The ark companies are too smol.

It is, thanks!

I agree with you. Normally it can look strange, but for these guys I'm going for oxidized copper statues sort of thing.

war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/2048

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is back and it's set in the Old World

I just bought some ironjawz. I'm trying to find out a good paint scheme so I played around with some old models. (Pic related). I really like this idea, but I think I still prefer green orcs.

Any suggestions? I do like the bright yellow, but I'm not sure if I want to do that or make my own scheme. The blue orc looks cool but feels wrong.

As well as making the eyes glow, I think you should try to break up the metal a bit by adding some glow to other components.

Possible spots to do this are the flint on the pistol, as well as parts of their backpack maybe.

Using another of my models as an example. This time using the same model though. Flint was done with glaze method. The dome on the backpack was painted white, glazed with blue, then had a very, very thin glaze of Pallid Wych Flesh painted on the top to try and make it look cloudy, but you can probably skip that bit to save time, and to better make it fit your scheme.

There are a few parts of the Arkanaut company I think you can do that effect on, largely components of their backpacks such as the occasional dome, or the pipes at the bottom, as well as some bits some models have on their bodies.
That body should have some gadget on his left leg shouldn't it? You can make that "glow". I think it is best to make it so the eyes are the most intense though, and the other bits a bit more "dull" if you get what I mean.

Also remember to clean up the edge of your base. For some reason, some people leave them messy.

perfect for Brokk indeed ! the Big Daddy feel could be real

Hard Mode: Remembering to attach the fucking picture so you can see what I mean

Excellent advice. I may use the gem paints to add some accents. Without the glow bits, I'd say it's tabletop done.

And of course ill clean up the base lol

That could work better than a glaze on some parts actually. If you do it over the dark metal colour, the end result will be pretty dark as well.

I have only used them on small lenses so far and I feel they look nice, although I put a little ardcoat on them to make them look a bit glassier, and to protect them a bit, since the gemstone paint seems to have a bit more friction to it than regular, so I am worried it could easily get damaged.

Yeah. I've use BFTBG the same way, since it's practically the same stuff.

I'm going to base all my models on small strips of balsa wood and no one can stop me!

Where are all the girl goblins???

What is this sexist mysoginistic bullshit???

The Killa Kan kit has a giant drill arm, it would have to be used with a bigger model obviously though. I'm not sure if there's any smaller infantry models with big drill pieces. Perhaps look over the genestealer cult kit since it's mining themed.

Yknow what the best think about having KO? They have drill cannons lol

goblins don't have gender, they are mushrooms.

Are you saying mushroom isn't a gender shitlord?

Any skirmish pdf friends?

ok

blessed be, brothers!
just doublechecking, but the 5+ invuln is not a technical 'save roll' so it wouldnt benefit from re-rolls of 1, right?

Can you guys help me making rules for the Auric Runefather for Silver Tower and Shadows over hammerhal? I have done pic related, what do you think?

I just bought 2 boxes of blightkings and I'm having a hard time deciding how to build them. Are the banner and bell good enough to be auto-includes? I don't like that the banner and scythe have the same model and that the big bell are on the same one as the tentacle bell arm.

Correct

mechanics-wise i dont think you lose anything by taking the upgrades.
aesthetically, do whatever you think look good. here are mine :)

I'm more thinking about skipping out on the banner. I have a friend that plays seraphon and I hear they do a lot of battleshock damage. I'm just not sure if +1 bravery is worth anything.

well i mean, theres literally zero reason not to have it, you might as well have as many bonuses as possible, right?
my friend plays seraphon and he fucks me up super hard with his shooting. granted, i mostly play nurgle demons, which seraphim get a bonus against

It's better than not having +1 bravery.
Convert a banner onto one of the other models if you want to take the scythe. I have four units of Blightkings and used a different base body for the standard bearer in each one.
Musician is a little harder to do, but still possible. It's easy enough to attach the bell and arm to the other bodies.

I think the issue is that if you take the banner, you get locked out of using the scythe or pickaxe on that blightking body.

Do feel free to wait for it to be fucking out before begging for hand outs.

What warscroll is that from?

reet reet.......

will your boats have sails instead of balloons?

I magnetized the banner so I can swap it out with an axe.

Cool, but completely unnecessary. I still have the original RPG books from before FFG attempted that dumb fucking CCG RPG hybrid. That was horrible.

What I want is an official AoS rpg. It would be a great opportunity to expand the lore of the mortal realms.

>horrible general
>no phoenix guard
>no executioners
>no darkshards

ifs like you want to lose every single game or something but that's cool cause it really isn't always about winning anyways.

plaguebearers of nurgle

Don't be stupid. 8th 40k is the beta for AOS 2.0 anyone who says different is retarded.

I'd welcome it. It could lead to some broken combos, but that's what playtesting would be for. Hero sniping is an issue with this game but I am not completely convinced that will be the solution. But I would roll with it.

I've been trying to figure out how to make that happen but I can't figure it out.

have to make it a submarine mate
break out the barnacles

Anyone??

I love the look of the more tan/flesh colored bearers instead of cartoony green, looks most disgusting

So I just picked this up today looking to put together a dispossessed list, what do you dwarf players think of it?

In addition to the box, I got another runelord, another cannon and another box of warriors. what else is needed?

i love the guy who did bearers like this

all of that guys stuff is beautifully done, bright nurgle is the shit.

Where'd you find that at?

It's a good base for a dispossessed army. As for what to get next, you definitely want more longbeards and thunderers/quarrellers. Miners are also worth considering. And personally I wouldn't leave home without a warden king.

I was just thinking "Jesus I don't remember SCE being this big..." So I threw a marine beside him for scale and it just makes me fucking giggle.

and new marines are bigger than sigmarines, the sizecreep is real

dude traded it to me NoS for some old 3DS I had on craigslist

What Veeky Forums thinks about spiderfang grots? I loved goblins since TW game and like the style of the faction but can i really play matches with only three models?

can i get a quick show of hands of how many peoples gaming circles/ FLGS homerule out the roll for turn order in favour of the 40k style static turn order?

He should get something Grudge-related that lets him beat the dick out of whatever has wounded him.

That or an ability that lets him activate his ur-gold runes once per game to make him a melee god or shrug off wounds.

If by "Leaders" you mean "your general," it would have some impact - way more for generals who are basically casters and hang back most of the game.

Get a cogsmith for those cannons. I like rolling with a cannon and organ gun, but most just like dual cannons. The organ gun provides some blistering firepower, but only when supported with a cogsmith. The cannon is a hero/monster destroyer, especially when supported by a cogsmith.

Outside of that, build those hammerers into longbeards, and get 2 warden kings. One warden king will be your general, and the longbeards will buff the other warden king to use a command ability, that way you get 2 grudges going on the same battlefield.

Also, if you're feeling especially creative, make yourself a dwarf lord on shield bearers from the compendium warscrolls. Get 2 of those warriors with hand weapons, and get a 40 or 50mm base. Pose them to where they are holding a large shield up, I've seen a decorative button used to good effect. Then mount a warden king to the top of the shield.

If you think you can, have him holding a great weapon, because a dwarf lord with great weapon and relic blade artefact kicks so much ass. People are often genuinely surprised as to how much he clears out.

But hand weapon and shield for that 3+ save does go a long way when he's got 7 wounds from the shieldbearers.

I love my dwarf lord with shieldbearers. But in my case the model is big steamsuit I made. It's your army, go nuts.

I need decent Seraphon army for 1000 turnament
What I need?

bastilodons
camo skinks
starseers

Starseer? Why? It cost lot and dont Look useful

Regular Skink priest is better for only 100 points

In what book can i find the point value and rules for the OOP mounted Archaon? Pic related, thanks

Generals Handbook

cheers, doesnt look too expensive

Dont forget its a legacy warscroll. So won't be permitted in tournaments etc.

Lol which ones? As far as I know, there is not a single tournament that bans legacy warscrolls. If it has points in the ghb, which it does, then it's legal. I have yet to see otherwise.

I was actually just thinking about taking this guy, the problem is 320pts for 8 wounds is risky. However, I can see him being very useful in a Khorne army as he can summon, so you can basically use him to summon your 30 bloodletters, however then if your opponent takes him off the board before you do that then that's 620pts lost.

But I can think of some interesting lists with him in. -Khorne related that is. Just because a bloodsecrator and the Khorne buffs + Archaon is juicy

Might be funny to take mini archaon and varanguard with fell spears as a hammer in a khorne mortal list.

With a lord of khorne on juggernaut, the varanguard would have 9 2+ 2+ -2 2 damage attacks on the charge while being able to benefit from khorne buffs like a bloodsecrator.

No they arent. They fit on 32mm bases, stormcast are on 40mm

this sounds great, i have some varanguards, but not all have fellspears, should i give them those instead?

Leader is a tag in the GHB

>So won't be permitted in tournaments etc.
Stop this meme. Legacy warscrolls are allowed in tournaments everywhere

Apologies guys. This is what I was lead to believe from conversations in my local store. I too was looking at the model and was advised against taking it on the basis of it supposedly not being permitted.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I need a plastic proxy for a Mangler Squig. The current one is fragile and expensive.

this again
either
>pic eight times
or
>160 plaguebearer

any opinion?
any alternative

I think you need the big Archaon to get the varanguard to be Khorne

Damn. GW should make it easier to give varanguard marks. Everchosen Battletome 2.0 when?

fag

My FLGS uses random turn order, see no reason not to as it's something additional to plan around

I feel you can't go wrong with some Ironbreakers, since you can put them in a spot you want to keep the enemy off, and they absolutely won't budge.

May be worthwhile to get a Gyrocopter as well to contest far off objectives, since Dorfs are slow.

Random turn order is fine. Play around it, git gud

Competitive AOS has a few problems but random turn order is not one of them

>phoenix guard
>darkshard
>executioners
>when user said he is using only Spire of Dawn minis

i guess i'm just salty my GUO got wiped start of turn 2 with back to back turns denying him a heal

Yeah it sucks the first few times but eventually you learn to play around it

lol... his rules must be based on the ones already existing on his original warscroll, at least, that is what seems to be the case with almost all silver tower heroes.

Lol, those Nu Marines actually are pretty big compared to the old ones...

These kits are older than most of anons on /pol/

Cool conversion dude. Is the banner scratch built or from some other kit?

One fast question Veeky Forums what models look better to better to you: Putrid Blightknights or Death Guard Marines?

Ill have to see the proper death guard kit, cant judge based on these monopose models

Can I get some feedback for my list? Next month is my first 2k tournament so I'm sort of bashing together a couple of 1k armies that I have.

Allegiance: Order
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (320)
Battlesmith (100)
Anointed Of Asuryan On Frostheart Phoenix (260)
- General
- Trait: Master of Defense
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
30 x Freeguild Handgunners (300)
10 x Vulkite Berzerkers (160)
- Handaxes & Slingshields
10 x Vulkite Berzerkers (160)
- Handaxes & Slingshields
15 x Auric Hearthguard (300)
20 x Phoenix Guard (400)

Total: 2000/2000

I sort of like the idea of humans, dwarves, and elves all working together.

But Blightkings are monopose...

You dont have enough wizards to justify running a phoenix

Handgunners need a freeguild general nearby

Very low mobility across the board

Low rend

With only 2 heroes you will almost always lose Three Places of Power

Perhaps I mispoke. The starter sets always come with limited "snap fit" models. I want to see the full death guard kit