What do you think's gonna happen when Girlyman inevitably falls on the Inquisition's bad side?

What do you think's gonna happen when Girlyman inevitably falls on the Inquisition's bad side?

Do they even have the authority to give the Spiritual Liege orders?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Roboute_Guilliman
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's kind of a gray area, honestly.

Inquisitors answer only to the Emperor Himself, or (sometimes) a higher-ranked Inquisitor (who has a bigger gun).

While Rumproast Gigabot is technically not their superior, you have to be pretty goddamn certain he's heretical and have absolute, unquestioning proof of it, or else the Imperium at large is going to fuck your shit because Primarchs are kind of a big fucking deal.

Absolutely nothing, because nuHammer is a story about big damn heroes fighting against evil spiky demon monsters, so even if we get to see any troublesome inter-faction conflict, the Marines are always going to come out on top.

last I heard, Calgar was a High Lord, and since Girlyman is his boss, he's now a High Lord.

It wouldn't be the first time a High Lord of Terra gets murdered by the Inquisition. But they probably wouldn't do it openly. Still, if they managed to pull it off, there's quite a few chapters who wouldn't mind, and those that do would be a bit cautious about confronting the Inquisition.

>goddamn certain he's heretical and have absolute, unquestioning proof of it
>LITERALLY WALKING AROUND WITH THE KNIFE-EARED AVATAR OF A XENOS GOD
I'm pretty sure that qualifies as "absolute, unquestioning proof". Being 'killed and resurrected' by said avatar of xenos god also counts.

Where the fuck is a Drakan Vangorich-type of guy when you need one?

Let's not forget Girlyman's armor is a life-support unit.

Pretty easy to make it look like an accident when your target is a literal cripple.

Not to mention that Ynnead might very well turn out to be the eldar Chaos God of revenge or someshit. Guess we'll know for sure once the Ynnari start eating each other's souls and growing extra dicks.

what are they gonna do about it?

while the Inquisition technically has power over everyone but the emperor and his bodyguards, even the high lords of terra would have to listen to them

in practice, they would be very little they could do against a primarch
send an army? he has a larger one
declare him excommunicate? the ecclesiarcy would not stand for a son of the emperor being called a heretic
exterminatus? you would blow up holy terra, even if his mighty fleets didnt blow up your ship on the way there
and even if they could kill him, it would be shooting your imperium in the foot, he is a master logistician and statesman, getting rid of him now would plunge the imperium into ruin what with the chaos problem

the inquisitors were never dumb enough to mess with large or powerful chapters, even the space wolves gave them a whole bunch of trouble when they tried to enforce their will on them, much less a friggin primarch

This. But even in grimdark 40k, it would take a batshit crazy inquisitor to facedown a son of God.

Which is why a primarch would have never returned if 40k was still grimdark

Forget about the inquisition, what about the Echlesiarchy?

Pretty sure Rowboat Girlymans claim to power was supported by a lot of space marine chapters. I remember a lot of named groups traveling by his side on the way to Terra to reclaim power.
Plus he executed most of the High Lords and replaced them with people he trust. So it isn't just him alone at the top they need to take out, there are still other people doing his work, who would continue should something happen to girlyman.

So if the Inquisition want to stop him atm, they also have to take out the high lords he replaced... AND they have to face A LOT of marine chapters who want girlyman in power.

He's the motherfucking Lord Commander of the Imperium, literally the highest rank there is below Emperor. And he has the absolute loyalty of the Chadmarines, now the strongest military force in the Imperium. Even if the Inquisition wanted to try something, I'm not sure they could without turning it into another Horus Heresy.

The Ecclisiarchy has declared him divine. They won't go against him unless he tries to dismantle them. Which, Guilliman being one of the reasonable Primarchs, has rightly decided would probably be a bad idea at this stage.

>Plus he executed most of the High Lords
"Several" is probably not "most of" 12 individuals. And in noblehammer 41k, I would not count on "forcibly removed" as meaning executed either.

GW side with Guilliman, the inquisition has not teeth.

>Lord Commander of the Imperium, literally the highest rank there is below Emperor.
>Lord Commander of the Imperium is just a job title of one of the High Lords of Terra, all who have roughly equal power
Your lack of lore comprehension is showing user.

Lord Commander of the Imperium was used by Guilliman, and is evidently being used again, as essentially Not!Emperor.

And even in The Beast Arises series, it was clear the man who held the title was essentially a First Among Equals on the Senatorum Imperialis. Udo's abuse of that status is one of the reasons it didn't survive past that point.

your first mistake is assuming the inquisition is an entity capable of coming to a single conclusion on anything

also, the inquisition has difficulty policing regular space marines, much less their bosses

Do you guys think he's drinking to silence the voices of the constant chanting outside and the general shithole that is the Imperium right now?

This. For each Inquisitor that's willing to accuse Guill of heresy, there are two that will suck his dick just because he's a Primarch.

The Imperium was fractured even before M42, but Guilliman is the perfect person to unite them.
>Radicals support him because he's willing to ally with xenos to get shit done.
>Puritans support him because he's a loyalist Primarch, as legitimate a leader as you can have that's not the Emperor.
>The Mechanicus support him because of bff Cawl and he lets them get on with shit.
>Chapters (mostly) support him because he's giving away free super-reinforcements like candy and half of them are his gene sons anyway.
>The Guard/Navy support him because he actually wins battles.
>Sororitas support him because he's a loyalist son of the Emperor and Celestine vouches for him.

Really, the only people who take issue with him are the odd unconventional Chapters and Inquisitors which are not enough to fight against Robute loyalists, especially since there are more pressing concerns like the fucking rift in the Galaxy.

Not But most of the old high lords have been removed, and the positions been filled with people Guilliman trusts.
Even if the Lord Commander job title isn't what the other guy said... Guilliman still controls the High Lords.

> Calgar was a High Lord
[Citation very needed]

Sebastian Thor would like a word.

>declare him excommunicate? the ecclesiarcy would not stand for a son of the emperor being called a heretic
Literally half the primarchs are known to be heretical servants of daemons. Another one on the pile wouldn't be opposed in principle.

As someone who was away from 40k for the last year can someone point me towards a summary of wtf has happened.

Deleted my original post to add spoiler tag.
>Literally half the primarchs are known to be heretical servants of daemons
>are known
Only to the Ordo Malleus. Shit, the Carrion Throne novel just released had a senior Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor get into the Emperor's Throne Room and saw a mural that had 8 figures that looked like the Primarchs, but was confused by the fact that there were twenty of them, instead of 8.

since when is calgar is a high lord

Girlyman woke up and is making new, stronger Chadmarines with big dicks who like to fuck hot Bolter Bitches for the Emprah

Gorillaman Heresy

That's not common knowledge. Even darling to speak the name horus around space Marines can get you killed. It's not something that's talked about.

"Knowledge is power, hide it well."

Imperium citizens don't get access to what we consider basic info from the lore.

This. The Inquisition isnt that stupid, and all the other First Founding will back Rowboat if only because they stick together on this sort of thing, not muh primarch doesnt even enter into it.

>when Girlyman inevitably falls on the Inquisition's bad side?
Sniped by Orks.

So time has moved forward essentially?

We do appear to be going into 41k. The autists who wanted "plot progression" over filling out the giant near-infinite sandbox they already had, finally screeched loud enough to get their way.

1d4chan.org/wiki/Roboute_Guilliman

First Founding chapters have always been able to tell the Inquisition to go fuck themselves.

Guilliman is a Primarch.

I honestly don't think plot progression is a bad thing by itself. I think as long as Geedubs handles this carefully, we can get a really neat (and still grimdark) setting out of this.

Which Chapter has the most Inquisitor kills?

I bet it's the Space Wolves.

It's got to smart that Lorgar basically won, though.

If Guilliman turns out to actually be Alpharius/Omegon or something it could be good.

But there were 9 loyalist Primarchs...

Imagine being Ultramarine Chad & chilling with your spiritual liege on Holy Terra. How happy are the Ultrasmurfs right now?

Lorgar is ashamed of and enraged by the Lectitio Divinitatus and targets Shrine Worlds because of that.

That and he kinda owes St Celestine for being alive again. She got all the shit organised.

It's kinda hard to go 'No, fuck religion it's all stupid' when a god and an angel turned up to be involved in your revival.

Guilliman has the loyalty of the Grey Knights and the Sisters of Battle. Between them and being the gene-father of half the Deathwatch, the Inquisition are some guys with pistols. Their chambers militant are loyal to Guilliman.

The audio play with Guilliman and Inquisitor Greyfax make it clear he's not afraid to issue direct commands to Inquisitors.

It's over, Inquisition fans. Bend the knee. Bow to your Lord Commander.

Yeah, but that's because he thinks the Emperor is unworthy of worship. The Imperial Creed probably looks like exactly what Lorgar would have wanted pre-Heresy.

>Imperium citizens don't get access to what we consider basic info from the lore.

Exactly. Not enough fans of the fluff realise this point.

It's amazing that Lorgar is one of the main reasons Imperium was able to hold for millenia.

I didn't read all the gathering storm fluff. Did Guilliman say anything else than pic related about the Imperial cult ?

He was just like his father vehemently opposed to the concept of religion. It would be logical for him to dismentle the Church now that he is basically the leader of the Imperium

Do you realise that it'd cause another civil war?

he isnt dumb enough to try and take it down when he has chaos on his doorstep, and faith is the duct tape holding the place together

but he doesnt like it one bit, and might get around to setting the record straight if they survive long enough to get there

Yes.

But isn't it for the best ? During the Great Crusade, billions were slaughtered for far lesser signs of devotion.

I think it's one of those cases where theory and practise aren't the same. In theory any Inquisitor could condemn and execute Gulliman, in practise Girlyman can do whatever he likes so long as the High Lords and the various military organisations obey him, including giving orders to the Inquisition.

I think his plan is "Deal with Chaos first, then worry about the fuckwits in the Imperium who have been worshiping the Emperor."

He'll try to dismantle it eventually, but he wouldn't shoot himself in the foot like that.

OTOH there's always the chance he decides that the Imperium isn't worth saving. I could see him going "This is everything we were fighting to have *not* happen. Let the galaxy burn."

And, of course, he could always realize that the Emperor was kind of a shitbag and try doing things his own way for once.

If he did, why did he allow Religious buildings in his Capital city, and why were people free to worship openly across Ultramar?

>OTOH there's always the chance he decides that the Imperium isn't worth saving.

I would love to see a loyalist Primarch brought back in 40k, preferably one with a doubtfull alliegeance to the Imperium, *cough*Lion*cough* that turn renegade when he sees how much a pile of shit the Imperium has turned into over the millenias.

Cadia blows up, warp storms basically cut the galaxy in half.
Guilliman has been awakened from his life-support stasis and is now wearing a life-support armor that took 10,000 years to build and he brings with him space marines 2.0 that took 10,000 years to create.

If you take Guilliman's armor off, would he die? Is Fulgrim's poison still affecting him?

It would be extremely painful

He's a big guy.

Yeah, but in the Great Crusade things fared far better, the Imperium wasn't besieged by as much shit as it is right now and most importantly the ENTIRE population of the imperium wasn't worshipping the Emperor and everything related to it.

For you.

Yes, he would probably die.

I could actually see the Imperium breaking apart.

Under Rouboute, we end up having Ultramar become the core of a new Imperium; Terra remaining the core of the old Imperium, and something new emerging on the other side of the warp rift.

It's still Grimdark and its still basically the same. Even more Grimdark now because the have a Noblelight hero fighting a hopeless, pointless battle to keep a society he hates chugging along.

>beast arises
>cuck library

That is not a very good source user.

What if Rowboat is the Eldar/Chaos God of Revenge?

Eldar brought him back to life, Realm of Ultramar have been shipping him for 10k years.

I'm thinking more an easy west Roman Empire thing. Where the rift makes it impossible to rule both halves of the galaxy from a single capital.

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if Baal ended up a new capital world for a splintered Imperium.

Ultramar's currently on the same side as Terra, so they're more likely to be united.

At least until a Primarch/Inquisition feud.

>A shitty shamalamalam type tweest would make things good

Into the trash.

>but he doesnt like it one bit

He actually had to stop himself from uttering a prayer to the Emperor at one point. He's seen enough magic shit to lose some certainty.

It's always been like this. Space Wolves have always been able to get away with ignoring every rule and limitation the rest of the Imperium works under.

Lion is like the last loyalist who would betray the Imperium. He has autistic devotion and loyalty to Emps. Hell if Rowboat wasn't around the Lion would probably be the next best choice to run the Imperium, or at least a close third behind Dorn.

Billions of disloyal people died, if the Imperium has a civil war over this then loyal but misguided people will die, lots of them, and at time when they don't really have the manpower to spare for purges.

Not him, but from what I recall, pic related was said to be a picture of the high lords in... fifth ed rulebook, I think.

Now, I don't know if this picture is meant to be contemporary (999 M41), but if it is then the guy on the far left is presumably Calgar.

If they play up how 90% of the population are basically slaves, Corax would quickly go against the Imperium.

>And, of course, he could always realize that the Emperor was kind of a shitbag and try doing things his own way for once.

I think he may already be realising this.

A lot of his internal dialogue has been along the lines of "Is this what you wanted, father? Because I can't help but notice that it's sort of shit."

This is probably why he was willing to work with Yvraine. He's starting to realize that the entire mindset that lead the Imperium to where it is is fundamentally flawed.

True, but he might see the current Imperium as a betrayal in and of itself.

Lion isn't flexible like Robert. If he sees the Imperial cult he's not going to be smart about it and try to dissolve it slowly over many years. He'll say "No, dad said this is bad, so I'm going to hit it with my sword."

That said, if you wanted a Primarch who would fight the modern Imperium for more moral reasons, you'd want Vulkan, Jaghatai, or Sanguinius.

Dark Angels would like a word

>Gee I wonder what those guys are being so secretive about. Better go have a look at that Rock of theirs.

Even if they legally had the authority they wouldn't have anything like the military force as before they couldn't even deal with the Space wolves and now Gullykin has about 400 chapters plus the entire Administratum and Mars at his command.

Space wolves have the most kills on recordz
Inquisitors having "accidents" around the Dark Angels probably accounts for more Astartes related deaths than all the other chapters combined.

>But isn't it for the best ?
Yeah, let's split humanity in half AGAIN when a warp storm literally ripped the fucking galaxy in half and daemons are fucking everywhere. Simply for the fucking best.

Inquisitors are ranked higher than the High Lords of Terra. They can kill anyone if they wanted, and I'm 100% certain there are Inquisitors already planning on murdering Guilliman to save the Imperium.

Which has got to sting, you know - Lorgar has to be the chaos god of ironic butthurt these days.

>the Emperor was kind of a shitbag
let's be fair, the Emperor's vision was far better than the current Imperium.
He's, however, responsible for seeding the mindset that's currently making the Imperium it's own worst enemy:
>merciless slaughter of anyone refusing unification, like that Antarctica guys
>indiscriminate slaughter of xenos
>indirectly caused pointless hatred of Abhumans (because above)
>indrectly caused pointless hatred of harmless mutants
>too stupid to realize what a fucking dumb idea it was to treat Lorgar like that
>trying to solve every problem by bullying it (basically see above)

Didn't someone take the time to identify and circle every single skull in that pic?

>merciless slaughter of anyone refusing unification, like that Antarctica guys

Reasonable, humanity needed an united front to defend from xenos and chaos threats in his eyes, especially on the throne-world itself.

>indiscriminate slaughter of xenos

This could have been handled better, but then again xenos were what led to the downfall of the golden age of humanity, breaking their alliances to tear down human institutions.

>indirectly caused pointless hatred of Abhumans (because above)

Abhumans are allowed to exist in the imperium, and while there is some discrimination against them, their living conditions are not much worse than an imperial citizen might experience.

>indrectly caused pointless hatred of harmless mutants

When mutants are likely to be either infected with alien diseases, or chaos taint, this is justified especially to reduce genetic drift of baseline humanity.

>too stupid to realize what a fucking dumb idea it was to treat Lorgar like that

That was dumb, admittedly.

>trying to solve every problem by bullying it (basically see above)

Some problems he got Malchador to deal with.

Yeah I'd say the list of who's least likely to betray the Imperium goes

1. Dorn- Just as much autism and loyalty as Lion, but more flexible and stubborn enough to go down with a sinking ship
2. Lion- Extremely loyal, but could see the modern Imperium as a betrayal of the Emperors vision
3. Rowboat- Ambitious enough to set out on his own (cough-Imperium Secundus-cough) and more loyal to the people of the Imperium than to Emps himself. However he's pragmatic enough to realize that doing so would probably doom humanity as a whole.
4. Ferrus Manus- I honestly don't know much about him but Fulgrim repeatedly cloned him in an effort to make him turn traitor and every single clone flatly refused to even consider it. Sounds pretty loyal to me
5. Vulkan- Idealistic enough to stick around because he believes he can make the Imperium a better place
6. Sangy- Pretty much the same as Vulkan
7. Russ- Loyal but perfectly willing to fuck off and do his own thing if given enough cause
8 Khan- Jaghatai was always kind of an outsider and usually preferred to just ignore everyone else and do whatever the hell he wanted. He also disagreed with the direction the Emperor was taking humanity and would probably be absolutely disgusted by the modern Imperium. He'd probably still stick with the Imperium if he was allowed enough autonomy though.
9. Corax- Really wouldn't like how oppressive and tyrannical and cruel the current Imperium is.
10. Alpharius/Omegon- ????

>Ferrus Manus

He was loyal, but the current Imperium would absolutely disgust him, as would the state of his own Chapter.

Ferrus believed in becoming like iron and eliminating all fleshy weakness from his Marines because real humanity found in real humans was precious, and what little humanity he and his fellow Mehreens had was a worthy sacrifice if it meant being a better shield for them. He was willing to do ANYTHING to help people and let them grow and learn and live their lives freely, which is why he was so fine with bionics that increased efficiency at the cost of comfort.

He would be absolutely furious with how the modern Imperium treats people, and fucking livid at his Chapter for becoming "EVERYONE BUT US IS WEEEAAAK" space nazis.

>but then again xenos were what led to the downfall of the golden age of humanity, breaking their alliances to tear down human institutions.

Not really. The only sources where xenos are a major factor in mankind's fall are Imperium sources.

The real big killing blow was that humanity suddenly became a psychic race without being prepared for it. They didn't know how to deal with psyker powers, so Warp storms and daemonshit overran everything, and they didn't know how to ward shit against possession, so all their stuff started turning on them.

Aliens played a relatively minor part in the Age of Strife. It was mostly that mankind's huge psychic shitfit made them easy targets for already hostile species, like orks. It's kinda retarded to hold other races accountable for the stuff orks and xenos like them do.

Don't the Inquisition cut deals with the eldar all the time? Using daemoninc shit to help you fight is in a "grey area."

You know Ferrus wanted to get rid of his metal hands right?

Yeah.

He wanted to get rid of them after the Imperium was fully established and he had no need for them anymore.

Wait, why would space marine chapters not mind if Girlyman is killed, he is like head honcho Space Marine atm no?

>pic related was said to be a picture of the high lords in... fifth ed rulebook

Nowhere in the rulebook does it say anything about the image. It's just a 2 page spread with no text associated with it in any way. There has never been any fluff that says Calgar is a High Lord, nor any space marine has been a High Lord either. Guilliman specifically made it so that marines do not wield such power.

Only character you could field in 40k that was a High Lord was Macharius.

Which was what made the Space Wolves fun and wacky. If everyone does it, it's lame.
Though, the Space Wolves should've gotten screwed by the Inquisition more often. Didn't they have to fight a war with the Grey Knights after Armageddon 1?

Yes. Made a game of "spot the skulls".

No they fucking aren't you mongoloid. An Inquisition honcho sits on the council.
You can trust Inqusitors to grossly exceed their authority if they think it's for the good of the Imperium though. You could make a case for every good Inquisitor regarding the self as second to only the Emperor - until reality inevitably slaps them down.

It's not going to happen because this is the rainbows and sunshine nu-imperium. There are no groups with different interests, everyone just accepts and doesn't question the leadership of Guilliman.

What is the purpose of the abs plate?

They probably forgot about ferris, Just like GW does.