Get invited to a summer dnd guild by my qt goth friend

>get invited to a summer dnd guild by my qt goth friend
>first session is learing character creation and combat
>there's a that guy who rolled up a min max CN teifling sorcerer
>he proceeds to be the biggest dick to the newer players
>he constantly mocks our barbarian ooc because he gets a few things wrong after not playing for about 2 years
>does dickish things like steal money from the party and tries to presaude everyone for money
>talks like a pompus asshole

Why do people act like this? Is it because of girls at the table or do they feel the need to try to be the alpha male???

Other urls found in this thread:

tenfootpole.org/ironspike/?p=3493
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Insecurity and Social retardation.
Also they think that being an edge lord and showing their general prowess is an attractive quality to women. It isn't.

Gaming prowess*

Some people are just cunts, user. There's a huge amount of them in tabletop, because being autistic is necessary to play.

>get invited to a summer dnd guild by my qt goth friend
Does this even exist anymore? Thought they disappeared years ago.

>>there's a that guy who rolled up a min max CN teifling sorcerer
If DM should have kicked him out the moment CN was mentioned.
if player, should have walked away the moment CN was mentioned.

Very few people will play a NE, CN, or CE without using it as excuse to be a dick or absolute psychopath. Its not an alpha male thing, it's either an excuse to act in a way that is not accepted in normal social settings, or the person is an asshole/psychopath irl.

Why don't you just show him that you're more of an alpha male and shame him into leaving the group?

Oh, that's right...

>Invited to the group by girl
>Goth
>Rolling up characters
>Not quitting as soon the DM doesn't stop a player from OOC shit-talking new players

You really have nobody to blame but yourself, the warning signs were there from the start.

At lvl one min max doesn't mean shit in a fight between a sorcerer n barbarian. (Depending on the system.) Explain to the "newb" that his character would have anger problems then have your character support him killing the cunt.

Op here they do infact still exist, she said he isn't usually like this so idk what's up

We started at lvl 3

Your barbarian can still easily take him, but "can" doesn't mean "should". You should not seek OOC solutions to IC problems. Either talk with the DM, or don't play with assholes.

>Rolling up characters

I don't think they literally "rolled up" their stats, or else the tiefling couldn't have been min-maxed.

He might have a crush on goth chick and feels threatened by "competition". Or he can't cope with change and lashing out on that change is his unhealthy way of dealing with it. I would have given him the benefit of the doing of if he didn't play CN Snowflake.

Most of us did but he had his character made before the session

Ah I see, I already have a girlfriend and the only other boy there was her brother but I guess he could have been splerging put over the other two girls that were there

>qt

All people I saw behaving like that was doing it due to horrible social issues. One of them said she have low selfesteem, almost no social life and want to show off in game because "It's a game, game can't hurt anyone, let me be a dick at least in my imagination because I need to vent". Also, she was thinking it can be attractive for male players. Second one is very alike from what I know about him, but he keeps deny his problems.

How do I get a qt goth friend?

I disagree, you should never give a NE, CN, or CE player the benefit of the doubt. They have to prove they aren't going to be a dick.

Nigger, these are enough red flags to deck out the CCCP for the 7th of November.
Stop being a pussy, talk to your DM that he's an ass and needs to be slapped down or kicked out.

slightly chubby big titty nerd girls are my weakness

make my dick diamonds

Just grab that chunky ass and rail it like the fist of god

Let's be fair, the angle of the pic makes it difficult to give an actual evaluation of the subject's qtness.

How can they prove they're not a total douche if you dont don't give them a chance?

tenfootpole.org/ironspike/?p=3493

>My experience with organized play/RPGA/DDAL have been UNIVERSALLY negative. Nothing more than min/max hack & slash fests. One time they took the character out of my wifes hand when she announced she only had a +1 to hit, stating “you must have built your character wrong.”

gib sauce, google has nothing

Having only a +1 to hit with your primary attack does mean you built your character wrong.

Or it means you weren't building a combat character.

Easy bud, It was my first game playing with a long time friend and it was her first game as DM. If it pleases your inner autist she said if he acts like that again she's kicking him out because she doesn't want to deal with his bs

if you're playing DND I don't see how you could have +1 to hit

Maybe they dumped everything into Wis / Cha?

Assuming CN guy was already part of the group, so OP should have asked his qt goth friend about the group, especially if she and OP are good friends.

Just ask the DM why CN/CE/NE weren't marked "for monsters only" as they ought to be?

In front of the whole group.

Problem solved.

Add in the fact that even level 1 toons get +2 with weapons they're proficent in, and you get someone who put their STR in the trash and then tried to smack things. Not even going to consider DEX weapons, because that's even worse.

>toons

What the fuck, user? This isn't WoW. We're playing characters, not watching cartoons.

Also, the +2 Proficiency Bonus thing is only 5e, so your example only makes sense within that singular system.

Yeah true, I didn't read the article until now.
I stand by the toon thing, I think it's an acceptable way to refer to a character in a game, of which there may be many.

Also, so you can point out to the others at the table what "that guy" is. If you have an old fedora lying around, gift it to that guy. see what I did there kek

its because people who play dnd tend to be socially inept, bitter angry manchildren

>We're playing characters, not watching cartoons.

You're showing your age or your elitist snobbery, user. A fair number of current players I've run into draw inspiration or their understanding of game rules from online gaming, and it's not uncommon for me to hear players call their characters "toons".

A few of the best players I've met actually started out as hardcore mmorpg players before getting interested in a PnP approach.

>qtness is in the eye of the beholder
It's something that we often forget