Is the Industry Trying to Cause a TG Gamergate? Cause this is how you cause a TG Gamergate

Wow guys, can you believe we - a humble,focus-group tested house of failed models (and one butterface thrown in for that "genuine" factor) - have only been play D&D for a year and in a couple weeks we'll be playing with the BEST D&D PLAYERS and the Stream of Annihilation event live?! The best d&d players. Ridiculous, awesome, we are such nerds omg. Heh. Bazinga.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WLa_n9_xOZk
themillions.com/2017/05/dragons-are-for-white-kids-with-money-on-the-friction-of-geekdom-and-race.html
greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_tourneys.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>reeee women get out of my hobby reee only boys aloud dumb girls

Which one is the butterface?

who cares? you're probably a wizards employee, trying to stir a controversy

How exactly do you rank D&D players to find out who the "best in the world" are?

>Not a single minority
Grinds my gears.

Is this a D&D group or a cast image from the latest CW show?

Which one isn't?

you're really digging for stuff to get upset about eh?

Little late.
Community has been fucked for a while.

What the fuck is a "best dnd player" that's nonsense at a conceptual level.

Can you please get your autismal rage back to /v/ where it belongs

>giving a shit about blatant marketing
I wouldn't worry too hard about it.

women playing is a non-issue. no one cares. what drives me fucking insane is the forced "women too" thing. it's just so contrived, and it's like a weird, unneeded attempt to brand the hobby to a larger, ignorant demographic that will ultimately only just become disillusioned if they ever start playing at a LGS or con

omg you boys are so mean... just get to know us and you'll see that we aren't fake or "contrived" (whatever that is) see: youtube.com/watch?v=WLa_n9_xOZk

Name one thing other than sex that gets better by adding women to it. Go on, I'll wait.

Gamergate was caused by exposing the massive collusion of media, where every clickbait website was following the orders found in the GDC mailing list. If the GDC mailing list told them that they were supposed to say that "white cis males are toxic" every gawker, kotaku, wired and whatever would post that the very next day.

This isn't gamergate-ish, it's some marketing firm trying to re-brand an existing hobby.

>established content producers making an appearance on an official stream

how is this a scandal exactly?

Genocide

>Dressing up for tabletop
That's a very autistic thing to do.

Cleaning?

>t's some marketing firm trying to re-brand an existing hobby.
when they're trying to make it come off as organic instead made in a fucking studio

>Those tattoos on the cameraman
I see only one normal person at the table, and she's wearing elf ears. What gives?

Stripping.
Singing.
Art(has to have an urn though, otherwise it's not art)
Motorcycle and Car magazines.

With obvious forced "gurl power" but at the same time I wouldn't be too worried about it, where I've played the normies and fa/tg/uys playing 5e seem to have bonded pretty well. There's still random "nerdy pretty" girls attention whoring, but bitches gonna attention whore. Integrity of the game hasn't been compromised especially as most GMs are good quality

I was prepared to give the girls a chance until I saw this. This is cringe. If it was guys doing it they'd (probably rightfully) be labelled as weirdo losers. 6/10 girls doing it to try and seem sexy/hip or whatever is lame

Just play the fucking game and learn the damn rules, we don't need this nonsense

>they'll be picked up by WOTC for marketing purposes
Of all people to choose, they decided THIS was worth their time and money?!

what is wrong with you m8

Idunno, is there widespread nepotism and corruption in the tabletop RPG review industry?

Oh wait there isn't one.

Was their camera man rescued from aushwitz? Poor dude is sunken as fuck. Look at his cheeks.

Also the girl with the mustache and cloak looks like a mexican hobbit.

I mean... I know I fuck things up, but dude... what the fuck are you trying to do here? It's like pure concentrated stupid got date-raped by retardation after getting roofied by brain-dead coma and then after five and a half months of moderate drug and alcohol use gave birth prematurely to this thread.

Maximum cringe.

>my character wants to make a tinder profile
>roll for selfie game
>omg an organic twenty, your character attracts 150 Chads in minutes

>a D&D livestream is spotlighted by Wizards for an event
>it's all attractive women
Yes, surely there must be some sinister conspiracy here. There is no more obvious solution.

Gamergate was caused because a beta got angry his ex had sex.

Every time I see your name, I know the post is going to be shit.

I'm the best dnd player.

Jesus Christ who cares?
Does this personally impact you at all?
A bunch of literal who's are playing on some live stream you probably dont care about in a game you probably hate
Ignore and move on like an adult.

Well, the fastest way for a larger ignorant demographic to become less ignorant is by exposing them to the subject matter, is it not?

And no one's forcing you to play with those people. You can still just enjoy your games the same way you always did. Marketing may leave a bad taste in your moth, but in the end, Wizards' is a corporation, and they're going to try to make the most profit possible.

And if it really offends you that badly, there are a lot of different, interesting systems to go and explore with your friends.

That's the point.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Bullshit you are senpai. Check this out.

this

GG was sparked as some media circlejerks challenged the fanbase aggressively
I doubt we'll see a "traditional gamers are dead" moment

>implying GG cared about that
GG only cares about nepotism when it's for games neckbeards don't like. Game reviews have always been blatant advertising.

that's just women

Not so fast.

themillions.com/2017/05/dragons-are-for-white-kids-with-money-on-the-friction-of-geekdom-and-race.html

Rolled 15 (1d20)

> Rolled 6 (1d20)

Best DnD player, huh? Just another newfag that can't roll.

Now let a real pro do her job.

*pant pant*
Sorry, I got here as fast as I could.

I wish we still had quest threads on this board.

I see a few whites.

Why is the board blurred? Is it super secret roleplaying or what?

Here's a bag of raw dicks. Chew slowly.

I mean, it's definitely better than enraged fuckless NEETs who are still normies at heart trying to work themselves up to an autistic peak of anger.

If gay man, this statement is false.

Rolled 3 (1d20)

I think you'll find I was only BAITING YOU INTO A FALSE SENSE OF SECURITY.

It's not a gamers are dead moment, even if it is an annoying, whiny post-colonialist piece

though as a non-white guy I wouldn't mind seeing some other locations, I'm really hopeful the next DnD book will be in al-Qadim and I ain't even brown

The comments though... it's basically (((tumblr)))

>tripfag
Hello newfag

It's a dumb ass article from a dumb ass, but it's also literally who the fuck cares apart from people that go to it purposefully to be baited.

>I'm really hopeful the next DnD book will be in al-Qadim
Chult, user. It's gonna be Chult. We had a leak already.

Kitchen.

Rolled 7 (1d20)

How pathetic! Admit your inferiority already.

>Gamergate
>about women

Fucking children, I swear.

Rolled 11 (1d20)

Ha! One more step and you'll be exactly where I want you.

Don't fuck kids.

God I hate women.

Rolled 10 (1d20)

Time for me to fuck things up.

Because this clique of "people" will eventually grow to the point where GW or whoever will look at them and say "hmm, we need less white men in our game to please our audience!" And won't know any better. It happened to comics and many videogames.

Please don't use the name of Our Lord in a sentence with "women" AKA Satanic hellspawn birthed solely to pollute the seed of men with sin.

Yeah that's sort of what confuses me about it.

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Admirable attempts, but futile. See the roll of the master RPGer and tremble!

Depends, it is a fine line between 'expose' and 'shove in face'. Shoving peoples face in x tends to make them dislike x and reaffirm their hatred of it.

>GW
>D&D

They're not players, they're models. They exist to be gawked at and look pretty. They have never played a game in their lives and are just trying to get fake geek cred, and they make all women look bad while imposing what the feminists would call "unreasonable standards".

technically A cuck angry about being cucked.
but that is aside the point, it would have remained the quinnspaicy back.
IT was the collusion when people knew there was corruption that edged on that autism
>GG only cares about nepotism when it's for games neckbeards don't like. Game reviews have always been blatant advertising.
I'm trying to see the sense in this statement
but there is none, whatever you are saying is stupid

Rolled 7 (1d20)

I roll to ignore the bait thread

Rolled 3 (1d20)

I SUMMON THE GREAT BEAST, NATURAL 20.

You know what I meant faggot

Go back to /pol/ you retard.

Woman spotted.

Game reviews have never not been ads. It only started being a problem when games that neckbeards don't like got positive ones. That couldn't be more clear.

>They're not players, they're models
From looking at the bio mostly actresses and a stylist. Maybe you see that as the same thing but the cliques and social groups will be different.
>They have never played a game in their lives
Provably untrue.
>and are just trying to get fake geek cred
They're definitely trying to get a profile and work and a boost to their career, yeah. The problem with that is you see it as fundamentally incompatible with also doing something because you want to do it.

Think of Bruce Campbell and the entire Evil Dead franchise. Is that good for him? Yes. Does he genuinely enjoy it? Yes.

What is Gamergate, anyway? I only browse Veeky Forums and don't ever leave Veeky Forums. Something about people being tricked into thinking that video game magazines aren't just shills for the companies that advertise in their magazines?

Retard spotted

Yeah, seeing in a lot of nerd stuff.

>Last Podcast on the Left does 200 episodes before they start breaking after working their asses off putting out hundreds of hours of content (thousands if you look at all of the other podcasts they all worked on and promoted on), finally start getting themselves paid after 7 years via Patreon making 3000/mo
>My Favorite Murder, a direct ripoff with 2 girls on it, does 30 episodes and gets a tour, professional payment through a podcast network contract, rakes in 4000 in patreon $ in just over a year, consistently beats LPotL for downloads with a quarter of the fan following

Being a woman means you live an easy mode life.

Why do you SJWs think this is your safespace?

>a direct ripoff
My Favorite Murder is targeted on exactly the same lines as the common murder TV shows and pop psych novels which are extremely popular among women. LPotL is much more generally about weirdness.

>girls and others start playing tg
>I can still play whatever kinds of games I want with systems I like with a group I have fun with and literally am never affected by other people playing DnD

I have never been more furious

Why do you think this is your safespace, you dumb fucking cunt?
>hurr people disagree with me they're so fucking fragile
Go back to the board where this is acceptable behaviour.

Islam has it right. Put a burlap sack over all of them and make them walk ten paces behind you.

>Tell /pol/ to leave because they are derailing either the thread, or completely ignore the meaning of the board
>"MAN WHY DO YOU SJW THINK THAT Veeky Forums IS A SAFE SPACE?"

Basically, except some chick paid the necessary bribes with pussy so she could get her crappy game shilled.

Gamergate was caused about angry beta virgins who cant handle woman assaulting their safe space.

"start" too, like no woman has ever played this before. My D&D group is half women.

>the best d&d players

This is really the only thing that bothers me.
What the fuck does that even mean?
Skimming the thread, seems I'm not the only one who had that immediate thought.

I don't give a shit if hot chicks play the game. In fact, more players the better, generally. Just don't come trying to force me to play in a way that I don't like and I won't do it to you either.

Quest threads on Veeky Forums

I unironically wish WOTC would bring back the tournament modules so that fatguys from allover could fight to be "The Best DnD Players". Also no shout out to the DM for shame!

greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_tourneys.html

aww, the male feminsts are mad : (
>>>/leftypol/
>>>/reddit/

>and many videogames.
try all videogames. vidya is the worst hobby by far nowadays. we will never have an era of vidya like we did '98-'08

Basically it was a brief activism movement against undeclared compensation, collusion, fake news, racism, and sexism in the game industry (and other forms of reporting). They got some shit done by contacting sponsors and telling them what kind of bigoted content they're giving money to, and raising awareness of tokenism and censorship.

It burned out due to a lack of proper leadership, constantly jumping at shadows, and generally turning into an anti-dissent hugbox.

Just to say, i nod my head to the Mr P joke there

I was there for the very first threads of it and it was clear it was going to shitty vitriolic place really early on. The hate outpaced any genuine merit to the idea fast.

Why is this SJW still crying for his feminist safespace?