You have just been betrayed by your best friend. What do you do?

You have just been betrayed by your best friend. What do you do?

Why, murder them of course!

Or do you mean in-game?

Cry, plot revenge, but never actually put the effort forth to see said plot realized.

Try to understand why they did it and just how bad it was.

If it was something understandable, support them or at least tell them I can see where it came from. Otherwise, probably try to fight back, then get drunk.

Die, I guess. My friends probably wouldn't half-ass a betrayal.

Go to his job with a gun. Chicken the fuck out. Drink a fifth of rum and pass out in vomit.

Sleep with his wife/gf.

>not wearing hidden chainmail
Shiggy.

Quickly move to the high ground, and lecture him about morality until he tries to kill me again.

Shoot my dog

Take him with me because all the fail-deadlies activate at once? There's a reason we trust each other beyond friendship, pragmatism, shared tastes and mutual respect.

Well stab him back!

Survive. We'll talk about it later.

Considering your pic, seek medical assistance I suppose.

This is what is happening in one of my games, the player made a deal with the DM behind my back and I caught on. Problem is in character I still got no idea.

Your character doesn't know, but nothing stops him from being a guarded person. *wink*

Get your character to "Accidently" harm himself and become extremely paranoid.
For instance, your character trips over a stick, he blames ANY druid the party comes face-to-face with.

Wake up as my clone and report the commie bastard to the Friend Computer, duh.

Its not a direct killing, it is a political assassination to smear my name for treason which would then lead to my execution unless I sneak out. Either way I lose my political standing.

Thankfully though I have one week to write down my defenses and find flaws in the forgery and story that was used to pin me. I already got some good points down.

This, make an epic defense.

If someone asks how you prepared so much content, tell 'I'm always prepared to defend myself'.

Meh. I'd roll up a new character and I'd fuck with him subtle style until he gets paranoid and trued to TPK and gets best down by the group.

Stew in my rage as I plot my revenge; which will really boil down to tracking down him and his possible coconspirators, and then beating the ever living shit out of them.

I may or may not die a few times in the process.

Instagib him for thinking he could ever step to me.

Personnally, I would keep playing my PC as if there is no plot against him. If I see OOC a trap layed out by the other player, I will walk right into it.

If the DM and player are good roleplayers, they will appreciate me staying in character.

If they are shitty players attempting to "outsmart" me to show off how clever they are. Well walking straight into the trap would be like letting them know you let them win.

If I survive, abduct and imprison them in my personal dungeon. Teach them what it means to betray my trust every day until they die. Meanwhile, replace them within their family.

Drop to my knees and scream WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY to the heavens like the melodramatic asshole I am

Me and my best friend have so much leverage on each other that things would get ugly very quickly. There's a reason we have so many pacts.

If he did it anyway, I dunno. Probably drink a lot and cry, then declare vendetta and dig up every shred of insurance, go absolutely nuclear and annihilate both our lives in a raging hellfire. Same as he would do, I imagine. I honestly don't see it happening, though. It'd be like Bill betraying Ted, or Turner betraying Hooch.

Laugh because I saw his betrayal coming weeks ago, and my death activates all the failsafes that ensure that despite my death, everyone knows everything and he'll wish HE was the dead one by the time everything's over and done with.

Become absolutely furious, go off on a tirade and then sulk for at least a few days. I also reserve the right to bring it up occasionally when I need leverage.

I don't have friends! Ha-ha!

Joke's on you, I have no friends!

Go back in time and take preventative revenge then realize your terrible mistake

Spend the next one and half years being bullied, get superpowers, become warlord and kill a demigod, in order.

Fuck his wife regularly after that moment
make him question whether or not the kids are his

i have a best friend?

I had a plan for this so I use the one weakness against them to kill them if necessary.

check if it's already Tuesday.

Well assuming pic related is me, pay for a revival first.

Kek.

Well, I'm not supporting him into Sevastopol, I'll tell you that much.

probably cry. cry a lot.

we were besties... why?

> "Et tu, brute!"
> die dramatically