Previously: →

>Commander 2017 Spoilers
mythicspoiler.com/c17/index.html

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

>Latest MTGO Banlist Update
wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

>Thread Question:
What deck does "That Guy" plays at your LGS, and why do you hate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-05-17-treva/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-10-16-marchesa-the-black-rose/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pheldrawdagrif/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>thread question
Nekusar

Thankfully, I've added Words of Worship to my Blaxos Deck

are there any pros to running tolsimir wolfsblood over rhys other than that there's a 15 dollar difference?

Is Kruphix a fun 75% Simic goodstuff general? How do you win?

style points

Helix Pinnacle is a fun wincon for Kruphix. There's always entwined T&N into dumb Timmy shit to swing for game. Big ass hydras, deck someone out with BSZ, you've got a few choices.

Tolsimir is usually easier to get back into a good position after a boardwipe, since you're already using efficient creatures.

As a guy with a Nekusar deck I PRAY some of my friends don't find out this card exists lol

What am I missing from this shitty deck

I wanna slap people with animated lands, and occasionally land a mass polymorph into all the big stupid fatties I have on the side.

Am I missing anything juicy? Any good anthems or similar?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/21-05-17-treva/

I seldom play UG anything, so this is uncharted territory. I'm a Gruul man, and the lack of red fucks with me.

There are two
That guy 1 plays
>maelstrom wanderer
>endless cascade with foodchain so his turns take like 20 minutes
>except that he has no real win cons and it never goes infinite so it just durdles into a very slow and weak win by damage and extra turns
>game takes so long and barely get to play
>coordinator always looks like he hates his life
That guy 2
>hapatra, vizier of SNAKESSSSS
>not even a good deck
>dude is ugly, gross, smells bad, awkward and condescending
>he cheats often
>has so much going on his battlefield can't be bothered to correct him or call him out because snakessssss
>I want to minimize my time near this disgusting person

When will Wizards ever make monocolor partners a thing? I whipped up some shitty cycles in the meantime, I like how some of them came out but some are just lackluster or copies of existing cards.

Pick two you'd build a deck around.

Is Keldon Firebombers MLD? Would you get upset if it was played against you?

Related: What should I cut from this deck to make room for Keldon Firebombers?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/10-10-16-marchesa-the-black-rose/

I'm running Bant enchantress, but have been considering using the Fab Greeks to add red. Aby suggestions for good red enchantments? I think Wild Research is pretty wild as repeatable enchantment tutoring, but can't find much else worth running.

Are there any shenanigans you can do with Clues? Like stuff that triggers off of saccing artifacts, or artifacts ETB'ing, etc... Anything funky, like making them into creatures or just benefitting off of having so many artifacts etc.

>The Steel Emperor
>3W: Search your library for an enchantment or equipment card.
And do what with it? Put it in your hand? Put it onto a graveyard under an opponent's control? Put it into your graveyard? Eat it?
Or just plain leave it where it is after searching for it?
also
>does not shuffle your library afterwards

Hermit + deathseeker

I don't like the partner commanders, the planes Walker commanders, or the commanders that have a passive command zone effect like oloro.

I'd run Steel Emperor just to search my library for equipment and make sure they are still there.

I'm bored. I'm gonna build a Nissa go big or go home ramp deck with a slight subtheme of Nissa

YES FUCK YOUUUUU

jk, it's acceptable, feel free to use it, but I must admit, I'd try to zero ur life after that if I given the chance

don't forget Bearer of the Heavens

i'd say trinket mage

Anyone have some spicy recommendations for a boros deck with bassandra at the helm?

Caltrops.

pic related with Breath of Fury is kinda neat, it can keep going as long as you have a way to pay for his ability and extra creatures to connect with

best part is that no one can cast in response to using his ability

Deflecting Palm
Sunforger
A different color combination.

sunforger doesn't let you cast through Basandra's ability friendo

Is there any good reason why Leovold is banned but Zur is allowed to stay?
Zur is no less or more powerful then Leovold and both should be banned as they are unfun, generic, oppressively good decks that ruin every game of EDH they are/were played at even if they dont win
Every game with Zur revolves around the dumbass boots and one swing to grab Necropotence, then slapping that retarded phasing enchantment on him and dominating the game from there.

am i retarded? I always had tokens in mind for tolsimir

>a different color combination
What do you play? Jund?

Every commander you play should at a bear minimum have blue in it, and ideally also green. Otherwise you're asking to fall behind and lose in a multiplayer format that often goes long.

Cards with improvise? Tapping won't prevent you from saccing them later.

Bearer of the heavens costs way too much mana for me, same reason I took out my foil insurrection.

I would agree with trinket mage if I didn't have a mana crypt, between being twice as good as wood elves and getting me Skullclamp it's too hard to cut. I have never been unhappy to draw it.

>play sofaf in 1v1 on my turn 3
>opponent chaos warps it to pump his shu yun and keep me from untapping my lands
>turn 3 avacyn
>ggwp
Is chaos warp the best card in mtg?

While you make a solid point about boros having shit card advantage, people wanna play their cards. Skull clamps a good card for boots with its ability to tutor equipment and weenie tokens but that's about all I can think up for card engines in that color. Even then that's all I can think up.

Play archangel avacyn. splinter twin on avacyn is pretty fun with jokulhaups and planeswalkers.

>Playing EDH at your LGS with randoms and not with a group of friends.

No that guy if you don't subject yourself to LGS nonsense.

is there any interesting way at all to build a maralen deck?

You sound like a tryhard, and should probably just stick to playing 1v1

>simicbabby
Enjoy your lack of permanent board wipes

Except you don't need that guy to get the Breath back.
The Breath itself says right on it that you just flat attach it to a new creature. And since it's attached to a creature both before and after the ability resolves (state-based actions such as putting auras into gys when unattached only happen before and after things resolve, not during resolution), it never leaves the battlefield in the first place unless you sac your last creature.

It's kind of shitty in 1v1 because if you accidentally get a bomb, you pretty much lost. In multiplayer if you give someone an Avacyn there'll be other people to handle it, or at least multiple people that the Avacyn player will have to kill and/or worry about getting killed by.

>What deck does "That Guy" plays at your LGS, and why do you hate it?

No LGS, but That Guy always plays some sort of infinite combo, lately Protean Hulk into Mike and Trike. Unfortunately in addition to being a douche he's actually a good player otherwise, so he's excellent at reading boardstate so he knows when to play it so nobody has an answer. It's extremely annoying, and I'm one more loss away from building a super hate deck just to fuck with him.

I'll admit, part of the problem is most of my playgroup leans to the Johnny/Timmy side of things, rather than Spike like this jackass. He really needs to build decks closer to the power level the group, rather than being a bastard.

Any spicy cards for golgari graveyard fun?

Maralen for Ob Nixilis

I don't play in our store, but our local group's That Guy played a Riku-bounce deck for infinite ramp and turns. He got very salty when Primeval Titan and Sylvan Primordial got banned. Now he mostly sits on his Purphoros deck and gets mad when we won't let him cast Purphoros.

Best thing to sac to Jarad.

>best art
>worst color combination
>the second worst commander in that color combination

dont forget narset

To judge whether a commander should be banned or not, consider how it plays in casual/75%. Zur can easily be built as pillowfort/enchantress or voltron and still be fair.

With Braids, Emrakul, Erayo, Griselbrand, Leovold and Rofellos it's practically impossible to build them fair aside from completely ignoring their abilities and/or not even casting them.

I have a potentially stupid question: If a player only has 1 card left in their library (no LabMan out), and you play something like Ancestral Vision targeting that player, do they lose for attempting to draw more than 1 card?

104.3c If a player is required to draw more cards than are left in his or her library, he or she draws the remaining cards, and then loses the game the next time a player would receive priority. (This is a state-based action. See rule 704.)

Clock of Omens

>not pic related

>tfw no That Guy in my group
Shit, I really hope it's not me.

Best waifu commander that's good besides Breya?

A rope

Saffi

avacyn, kalemne, and mizzix.

Sydri, Saffi, Damia, Hanna, or [insert angel here]

This or Ashling.

Mimeoplasm can be all your waifus at the same time.

Also, Rashmi.

Selvala, Radha if you're into rough sex.

playing at an LGS is for plebs

are the leyline cards playable in edh? was looking at lifeforce for anafenza but i already have dromoka and the cat snek

You probably don't need it unless you really have a problem with shit getting countered. Leylines in general are alright in EDH though, since they're relatively not too horribly costed even without them being in your opening hand.

Leylines are fucking great. I have two leylines of anticipation and a leyline of sanctity and I wouldnt sell them for anything.

The Leyline that makes all nonlands into legends is great against token decks.

I'll give you 50 grand and a blowjob from 2002 Jessica Alba.

>Half a candy bar and some 3dpd

I know I wouldn't give mine up for that

Hilarious.

I bet you'd trade me one for a surgical extraction or a sock full of nickles and a half eaten orange.

Meren-chan~

Everyone at my LGS is "That Guy"

Someone either stax the table out in a long drawn game by turn 3, or they have the combo ready by turn 3-4.

Every commander I see and play with is Tier 2 and upper, and they most have spent over a thousand on their most optimized deck.

>He doesn't play mono red

Rate my deck tappedout.net/mtg-decks/pheldrawdagrif/

>mfw I found a bunch of jap 2016 EDH decks at my local Wal-Mart

I know foreign cards don't really have value but they're at MSRP so would it be worth it?

They're legal, and each card is worth most of it's price. So it's fine?

I don't like them being in forgein because I can't understand them and get mixed up with the rules.

My LGS has them in Portuguese, Spanish, English and Japanase. Nobody buys the Portuguese and Japanase ones though. They even have Atraxa and Breya at MSRP

Your land count is low and the only ramp you have in your deck is Sol ring and commanders sphere. Fix that shit.

I am not going to bother with anything more technical because if I try to help improve your wincons or some shit you will bitch that it's too spiky for your group hug deck.

>playan new Borborygmos Enraged deck
>no one touches me because 8CMC commander that takes a thousands years to get online
>take an enormous steamy shit on everyone by slam-dunking lands down their throats

This will never work again but oh my GOD did it feel phenomenal

Only really poses as a group hug deck I'll listen to any suggestions as its just made from spare cards I had.

I use him with Doubling Cube and then Psychosis Crawler + Prosperity. Hurricane and Borrowing the East Wind (yeah, I bought one for the deck) also work if you don't mind half or totally wrecking yourself as well.

Tezzeret can make then into 5/5s

Get rid of all your oath of druids/tempting wurm style cards, you don't have any way to to really benefit from them. If you want to play this kind of deck without handing your opponents the game you need to be able to break parity on the group hug cards, so take out any and all that don't benefit you more than the rest of the table.

Gwafa is straight up bad, since removal on him means your opponents draw cards with no downside to them.

You have so much symmetrical card draw and almost no ramp. Your opponents will be benefiting from the extra cards way more than you. Rule of law style effects can tilt things back in your favor.

Ok I'll look for replacements thanks for the suggestions

Made a few changes how do the Advocates look. I liked how they played in the one game I tested the deck in let me get alot of the politics in my favor.

I've got a Bory deck too and it's pretty much confirmed if I ever get him on the field, the game is over
Life of the Loam should be banned, it's so filthy

Lmao look at this tryhard simicfag.
Few thing I enjoy more than stealing your broken boardstate and smacking you with it.

alright how many creatures are too many? I'm trying to build tolsimir and i got 36 so far.. and only 16 of them counts as both green and white.

the control player with the deck that's engineered to stall the game out as long as possible to abuse the point system

Its all about land count and fixing. If your deck is based on etb creatures it could work.

>tfw not apart of a league
I'd like to join one after I finish my Sygg deck.

That's not "That Guy" though, that's just playing optimally.

Have fun getting all of your shit countered or copied. Simic or GUx is the most fun color combo.

I've used them to feed to stuff like Possessed Portal or Smokestack before. Tireless Tracker is really the only card I use that makes them though, due to it being repeatable and decent card advantage in a pinch.

This.

You sound like the sort of retard who likes to pubstomp with UGx and has no idea why those colors are actually good at more competitive tables.

Maybe look at cutting your counterspells that cost 3 or more mana, replace them with stuff like Arcane Denial, Counterspell & negate. Maybe look at a few cards like Windfall or Jace's Archivist. Add more personal mana ramp, things like Signets, Nature's Lore etc to help you use all the cards you will be drawing. Forced Fruition seems great for what you're doing here, maybe Patron of the Moon?

Sorry my advice is sort of all over the place, but it's midnight and I'm pretty out of it.

I am like, pretty brand new to MTG. Decided to pick it up with some friends, seems to be fun so I want to buy sleeves. Any recommendations on sleeves?

If everyone at your LGS is "that guy" then you're the odd one out. Either adapt or find a different store.

Dragon shields

Stay away from ultra pro at all costs

Do not get sleeves with art on the back

You can buy perfect fits for 5$ more if you don't want to worry about someone spilling beer on the table too

Dragon Shield mattes. You get like 104 so they're perfect for an EDH deck.

Ultra pro eclipse sleeves shit on everything. Dragon shield, kmc, and legion all suck compared to eclipse sleeves, but anything is better than regular ultra pros.