What is a simple system to teach people the basics of roleplaying, in the world of Avatar?

What is a simple system to teach people the basics of roleplaying, in the world of Avatar?

I'm thinking Fate might be a really good pick, but I think it might be too "meta" for someone completely new to PnP RPGs.

We played it with Savage Worlds, worked pretty well
It's also a system I'd reccomend for beginners

Fate is probably the best system for this. That or Wushu. Fate will make sure its not ALL BENDING ALL THE TIME and non-benders will still make some interesting opponents. The mechanics are also geared towards interacting with the environment, so that's plus.

i would not recommend Fate for the sole reason that it does not represent mainstream RPGs at this point. Savage Worlds is much more suitable. other than that, i would recommend some straight-forward d100 like BRP.

Why not Avatar World? It's boolean for purpose and pretty easy to grasp.

>Avatar World

What's that?

Oh, it's a wee homebrew thing from a while while back, have a swatch

Thanks my man.

This is really cool! Do you have the playbooks? Where can I find them?

this was actually only the beta version

the finished one is here

Yep, no bother

and here's the playbooks

and sub-playbooks

Groovy. You can take it from here.

Thanks a lot, guys. I might support the creator if my group ends up enjoying this.

Is Legend of the Elements just Avatar without the copyright stuff or is it a different setting?

alright then, here's a couple example one-shots

>Is Legend of the Elements just Avatar without the copyright stuff or is it a different setting?
it's avatar with the serial numbers filed off and a bit more freedom in terms of character creation (there are bending abilities which wouldn't be possible in the show but it's easy for the group to just limit those options)

the GM referance sheet

player rules cheatsheet

and lastly the character sheet for animal companions (because it's not an avatar game unless at least one character has an animal companion)

Thanks, man! This is more than i'd hoped for.

I've run this system before, my main advice: every move by the GM in a fight should change the situation enough to prompt a change in tactics by the players, that's how you keep things dynamic.